The Elder Scrolls Online

Personal opinion but I think ESO misses a lot of what makes Skyrim so good, simply because of the fact that a lot of sacrifices and "design choices" had to be made in order for the game to work in an MMO world. It's really not the same experience. Rather than it being Skyrim in a massive online world it's closer to being an MMO with an Elder Scrolls theme. There is a fine line between those two perhaps, but one that for me was as clear cut as it could ever be.

As for your poor support, I bet they were bombarded during that time so it may not be representative of the support you will get when the game is up and running and going steady.

I really enjoyed playing the beta. I'm no expert on previous Elder Scrolls so it was an almost entirely new experience to me. It was pretty dull by myself so grouping up is so much more fun, more so with verbal communication.

The game's price is a little steep, but I think I had enough fun in it that it just might warrant purchasing. Can't wait to see what lies in the full game.

So, they have Doctor Octopus, Dumbledore and few others as the voice cast?! Must buy.

I've played - and loved - every ES since Morrowind. I got my hands on the beta, played for a good 8-9 hours.

At the start, its dreadfully boring - if the textures/graphics style and voice acting weren't signature ES traits you'd never guess this was an Elder Scrolls game. After level 10, when you gain entry to the pvp world of Cyrodil the game picks up. You, among 100's of others, can lay seige and fight for castles. Catapults, trebuchets etc firing fireballs into castle walls as the opposing team fight back. It was quite fun to say the least.

However, this is the only area of the game that's fun. Sure, there are some of those randomly found crazy fun side quests as in Skyrim, but the number is far less and you can clearly see the sacrifices made to make this an MMORPG.

Overall I might still buy it, but it just didn't feel right. Maybe if we stopped judging it against Skyrim and started judging it against other MMORPG's we'd see more of its potential.

Surprised you say good, apparently it's reaching Battlefield 4 levels of bad. Good friend of mine told me not to get it as he regretted the purchase. Big Elder Scrolls fan he is but was sourly disappointed. I'll still be keeping an eye on it for future patches that could make it a better experience then what I'm being told.

I mean, the beta was wonderful. The first time around and then the second week I was invited it was almost unplayable. I guess it should be expected though through how games work these days, and that was just a beta.

The more I play and try out different classes, the more I like it. I might even give up Eve Online for this.

It's pretty awesome, and tries to break with the usual MMO patterns quite successfully. 👍 Not too far in yet, so will reserve full judgement until later, but so far, I love it!

Wizards rock in this one.. No-one can ignore the approach since there's claps of thunder and lightning.. xD

My Nightblade Assassin is now level 15, and I'm loving this game more and more. Got a nice set of skills because I collected every Skyshard in the first three areas. The stories are compelling, multiplayer is excellent, and it runs as smooth as butter on both my PC and my MacBook Air. 👍

All classes that I have tried so far work well, and the game is truly beautiful. Shame that there's no dragin shouts this time, but luckily they DO have the lycantrophy and vampirism available.

This is nice. Thought they would have pulled the server's plug overall rather than dropping subscriptions. Evidently it's not doing as bad as I thought. Might pick it up later in the year, or go PS4.

I was addicted to Oblivion and Skyrim until I had explored every last square inch of territory.

What I had hoped for with ESO, was a cooperative mode of play where I and one or two others could roam the world exploring together without the intrusion of other real people. I never found out if this would be possible, because of the subscription model.

Seems like I'll be sucked back in the Elder Scrolls!

As an Elder Scrolls fan, I bought this last year. Bought the Imperial Edition and put like 600+ hours into it with my partner and roommate. But what can I say... this game is missing something. I went back to Skyrim and enjoy it much more. But it was nice while it lasted. We were really obsessed with it until we realized is nothing more than a grind fest and repetitive quests with little to no replay value. We spent more time doing silly stuff with some online friends. Cancelled our subscription like six months ago.

I even made a drawing of our characters! That's how much I used to love this game!
SydAndKaHaveAwesomeArmors.png

ESO will be F2P next month, so I might play it again without having the worry that I have to pay 15 bucks every month for nothing. Hopefully things have changed.

ESO will be F2P next month, so I might play it again without having the worry that I have to pay 15 bucks every month for nothing. Hopefully things have changed.
Very smart decision. That will bring a LOT more people to this game. I wanted to play this so bad but refused to pay a monthly subscription. Looking forward to next month.

anyone else playing on ps4/xbone? have bought it on ps4 and am finding it hard to get into. sort of wish it was more single player.
I was wondering the same thing. I have a couple friends playing this but they have showed no enthusiasm about it at all.

As addicted as myself and my friends have been to Neverwinter (FREE on X1) it will be hard to find a better MMO RPG replacement. Especially since as I said, it is FREE.

I literally just got it for PS4, 2 copies as Mrs HP loves it more than I do!

Happy to play with other GTP'ers but I do want to have a look at it before questing with others.

PSN is Heathenpride, feel free to add me but please put "GTP ESO" in the friend request or I'll likely delete it, only really add people when I know why I'm adding them if that makes sense.

Doing 2x 15gb update downloads simultaneously as we speak and with Aussie internet it's taking its sweet time :(

Look forward to questing soon!

HP

Any more GTP members on eso? I've got a guild running with 30ish members and I'd love to have some fellow GTP'ers involved.

We are on the PS4 North American mega server and the guild, whilst in its infancy, caters to PvP and PvE alike.

Hit me up if you're keen to join in the fun :)

I've picked up my copy for the Xbox One last week. Hoping to really get into it over my 3 day week-end.

I know that there's a couple of us playing right now (@Oso Actual @Frizbe @ImaRobot). What do you guys think about starting a GTP guild? I'm guessing there won't be a lot of us but since you can join up to 5 guilds that shouldn't be a problem. And we could maybe get together for some PvP or Dungeon runs every once in a while.

I have 6 more characters to start so I can be down for this. Make sure we coordinate and pick the same Alliance otherwise I'm not sure we can be together.

Imperial/Ebonheart character was joined up with @Frizbe but I no longer see the group, not sure if bug or got kicked? :scared:

Khajiit/Aldmeri character started with @ImaRobot

@Oso Actual I'm planning to start a brand new Templar Healer tomorrow that will likely be my main character. Undecided whether I want to go Aldmeri or Covenant so I'll wait 'till we hear from everyone else.

Back