The Hate for the X1's

• Thread starter iName
  • 118 comments
What's with all of the personal attacks regarding F1 knowledge? Anyway...

I like the X-cars if you can encounter someone who can drive them. A good reason to put them through their paces. Even when people in the room can't drive them, it's fun to grab your own and show them up on the track.
I was in a room once where these three guys on mics pulled out their X1s and were struggling to finish sector 1. I jumped in mine and proceeded to run hot laps. I heard them say how "this guy can actually drive this thing," and they decided to run the wrong way to try and stop me. They failed to hit me every time until one of them pulled out a tank car and parked it sideways. Good times...

I like the X-cars. They're the only set of cars in GT6 I have fun hot-lapping in. I feel that after driving them for a bit, you get used to the crazy speed and high grip, and can eventually drive them like any other car in GT, using the same race line, brake points etc. You also start to notice the differences between the X2010, X2011 & X2014 performance-wise.

Above all, they do a good job showing how "innacurate" the PP system is.

I like the X-cars. They're the only set of cars in GT6 I have fun hot-lapping in. I feel that after driving them for a bit, you get used to the crazy speed and high grip, and can eventually drive them like any other car in GT, using the same race line, brake points etc. You also start to notice the differences between the X2010, X2011 & X2014 performance-wise.

Above all, they do a good job showing how "innacurate" the PP system is.
With regards to the PP system, I tried to replicate the Mitsubishi FQ400 tune from Top Gear UK (love that show) and it cannot keep up with a stock Lamborghini Murcielago in the game. I was gutted about that.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this video)

With regards to the PP system, I tried to replicate the Mitsubishi FQ400 tune from Top Gear UK (love that show) and it cannot keep up with a stock Lamborghini Murcielago in the game. I was gutted about that.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this video)

Well, the LP640 & the old Murcielago are very different performance-wise. Also, depending on your opinion of Top Gear's Power Lap board, the FQ400 was indeed slower than the old Murci.

Oh man I forgot about that. That was a bad example. :banghead:
A better example is that the 2011 Lotus Elise only has 384 PP right? I've heard that some other people on GTPlanet have said this already but I couldn't remember.

Have to say I disagree with the OP, every time I've seen one online is been driven by someone who can't drive or with other cars on track, so it off know where you can smashed into and have your lap ruined

At least for not the 'normal' person anyway. Only trolls use them.
Good drivers use any and all vehicles. Great drivers use any and all vehicles anywhere. Professional drivers use any and all vehicles, anywhere, under any conditions. Where do you fall in this? I think you've already answered that:
The only time to actually driving it is the X1 standard championship for money but NEVER ANY OTHER TIME. Remind me to sell my X1s when I get home today 💡

Good drivers use any and all vehicles. Great drivers use any and all vehicles anywhere. Professional drivers use any and all vehicles, anywhere, under any conditions. Where do you fall in this? I think you've already answered that:
I can drive the X1, but I don't like driving it at all. That's why I sold it.

I personally like X-cars but I don't think that we will see any more X-cars.
Vettel is gone and Newey is also gone.

Newey is just "stepping down" from RBR, he's not going anywhere soon. I do wonder what will happen to the project after Vettel left though. Even if Ricciardo took over the "guest star" role, PD/Sony would have still pay Vettel for inclusion of his name/likeness in the older cars, I think. :indiff:

Besides, the X2014 fan car isn't the fastest red bull anyway.

True. Don't know how I ended up saying that.
It's all good man. When I first heard about the new version of the X1, I was expecting it to be faster than the last models, but I have tested all the X1s in the game and the X2011 prototype was fastest, then the X2010 then the X2014. If Kaz decides than GT7 is getting another X1 car, it won't be any faster in terms of speed. It's probably going to look different to the other X1s.

At least for not the 'normal' person anyway. Only trolls use them.

Hey, @VELOCI_2NR, we're trolls. :rolleyes:

If you're going to make sweeping generalisations, at least make them true.

Newey is just "stepping down" from RBR, he's not going anywhere soon. I do wonder what will happen to the project after Vettel left though. Even if Ricciardo took over the "guest star" role, PD/Sony would have still pay Vettel for inclusion of his name/likeness in the older cars, I think. :indiff:

Not too hard to change S. Vettel to D. Ricciardo on the sides of the car. :D

Because it's not real. Many other real cars could've been modeled with the time it tool PD to develop it.

Do you like the many other concept and vision cars, you know there not real either.

Obviously some people enjoy the X1 cars so why not keep them included to add a bit of variety.

I'm one of the very few people who enjoy the X cars. I think they are some of the most beautiful exercises in what can be done when there are no regulations, whether it's realistic or not. Plus they're great for use in taking pictures.
13038135403_9e646cce4b_o.jpg
13038135993_1307f15cc1_o.jpg

I'm one of the very few people who enjoy the X cars. I think they are some of the most beautiful exercises in what can be done when there are no regulations, whether it's realistic or not. Plus they're great for use in taking pictures.
13038135403_9e646cce4b_o.jpg
13038135993_1307f15cc1_o.jpg
I totally agree with you. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Because it's not real. Many other real cars could've been modeled with the time it tool PD to develop it.
Nice straw man fallacy... not original in this thread. How do you know this took time away from other cars? What if it was an entirely different team that has nothing to do with modeling the cars?

The modelers normally need to go to the car with tons of equipment. The X1 and predecessors need to have a computer model made, essentially. I actually think Red Bull/Adrian Newey did the majority of the work with Kaz. I cannot imagine that Kaz is required at every modeling... and he didn't require the equipment. If anyone has specifics to support/refute my presumption, please do.

Any other excuses?

Do you like the many other concept and vision cars, you know there not real either.

Obviously some people enjoy the X1 cars so why not keep them included to add a bit of variety.
The Vision GT cars and concept are not real but they handle like a proper race (or road) car compared to the real thing. The BMW is the best example, as it sorta looks like an M3 GT2 and Z4 GT3 mashed together. Yet it's PP value is no more the SRT Viper race cars.
While it is not real, the VGTs for sure look like something that could very well be the future of racing in the real world (BMW VGT- GT racing, Mitsubishi VGT- Rallying etc).

Back