The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
Wow. This is taking far longer to read than I thought it would, and even then I knew it would be lengthy.

I'm not even 3/4 of the way through yet, but my god this is a great read :D

159924%20-%20artist%3Aaphex_angel%20Surprise.png

I bet Wiegert would have wanted to post this.

She%2520Mad.gif

Dammit, Logan. I just went through 2 hours of solid reading, so I haven't checked Ponibooru, DA, or anywhere else apart from this thread.

Anyway, I thought that chapter was bloody amazing. Incredibly well written, with a host of beautifully played out scenes, interesting character development...
And then 🤬 became truly dark right at the end. I knew already that there would be a turn towards something not quite so normal, but Sweetie Belle... and the Anti-Celestia cult making their mark with an act of terror so dark that I was left sweating after reading it.

Very powerful stuff, this, and I have no idea how long we have to wait for the next instalment. If it's as good as this though, then another 6 month wait might possibly be worth it.

I know.

Ending aside, there was so much happier stuff in the chapter to love too. Rainbow spending her new found powers continuing to cause mischief for the Royal Guard by being her awesome self was awesome, and the story eventually commenting on how much trouble she was causing in a negative light was very well done. Especially when it became clear just how little regard she had for her own safety when she didn't know it was in danger. I also really liked the race between her and Celly, as it was a lovely little piece of heartwarming that showed how strong Celly wants the bond between them to be. The bit with Philomena built off of it nicely as well.

Also, the reintroduction of Twilight into the story was done masterfully, with her increasing horror as her knowledge of Rainbow's antics standing out in particular. It was also really fun to get Twilight's perspective on all the mayhem and destruction she had been causing.

I was getting pretty strong vibes that regardless of how much Whitehoof attempted to alleviate Twi's concerns, the rest of the Mane 6 are in real and immediate danger, especially with the viciousness of the actions of those New Lunar Republic douchebags. The story also did a very good job building the tone, because when you think about it for a bit even some throwaway lines do a good job of building up just how much tension is in the air.

Last edited:
I also really liked the race between her and Celly, as it was a lovely little piece of heartwarming that showed how strong Celly wants the bond between them to be. The bit with Philomena built off of it nicely as well.

That was by far my favourite moment:

I know it must be increasingly difficult for Celly to wear a genuine smile when her principality is under a great, and relatively unknown threat. But making time for Dash like that must have lightened her burden, albeit temporarily.

Celly passing Philomena over to Dash was just so heartwarming, I just felt pure joy reading that part. Loved it.

Also, the reintroduction of Twilight into the story was done masterfully, with her increasing horror as her knowledge of Rainbow's antics standing out in particular. It was also really fun to get Twilight's perspective on all the mayhem and destruction she had been causing.

I was hoping another Mane Six character showing up would make things more interesting, and it really did. Getting Twilight involved of all ponies appears to be a good move too, what with her view on RD's actions in Canterlot, plus her relationship with Whitehoof was made clear, and will most likely develop further in future chapters.

I was getting pretty strong vibes that regardless of how much Whitehoof attempted to alleviate Twi's concerns, the rest of the Mane 6 are in real and immediate danger, especially with the viciousness of the actions of those New Lunar Republic douchebags. The story also did a very good job building the tone, because when you think about it for a bit even some throwaway lines do a good job of building up just how much tension is in the air.

Whitehoof's words were pretty ominous at times. Even without the building tension, especially in the latter parts of the chapter, I was getting a feeling that 🤬 might go down towards the end. Little did I know that it would go down harder than I anticipated.

And of course, the Luna Cultists had to be depraved as hell when they set their plan into motion, so obvious hate is aimed at those guys right now.

So pretty much all I wanted to say was said except(And by this I mean if I said more I'd just be repeating ALL of that^):
The moment when Twilight finally just threw away all of the formality crap and hugged Sage was one of the mos heartwarming things I've read in a while.

And I'm looking forward to seeing what Dash can really do once she masters the use of her magic.
EDIT(So you know it's here under the spoiler tags):
And I'm feeling what the care taker was doing to the rose in that garden is going to end up being a metaphor for Dash. Cutting down what's there, the bad(every last bit of it), to allow the new to grow in.

And that was some of the most.....elegant writing I've ever seen. I mean, it just all flowed so smoothly, I never once had to stop and try to imagine the environment they were in. A clear picture of the surroundings was formed as I read without the need for a paragraph just to tell me what it looked like.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, on my trip to Ponibooru...

pinkies%2520everywhere..png

So, I got 10 Pinkie's on a single page breaking the 4th wall, and a perfect Austin Powers reaction to boot. What do I win?
:lol:

Right, even though I meant everything I said about Twilight in the chat last night, I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not going to suddenly start reacting negatively jokes about it. In fact, I'll probably be even more relaxed about it now that this is out there, anyway. And even though I only got 6 hours of sleep, I woke up feeling better than I did most days the past few weeks. That's how much this has been bothering me: to the point of affecting my sleep. Just feels a lot better finally having said that to someone. And thanks again for understanding, to all 4 of you.

Anyway, here's this 6 month old piece of adorable that I just found:
1317050282.mistersukka_halihali.png

Meanwhile, on my trip to Ponibooru...

pinkies%2520everywhere..png

So, I got 10 Pinkie's on a single page breaking the 4th wall, and a perfect Austin Powers reaction to boot. What do I win?
:lol:

What do you win? You win a Pinky Pie Version of the "You Are An Idiot!" virus:

EDIT: You get it? You have pinkies all over your screen!

Last edited:
Really good to hear that, Mint. I know it wasn't exactly easy to express you thoughts about it in words, but I'm glad that you finally got it off you chest and I hope you continue feeling better for it.

Also:

160250%20-%20applejack%20artist%3Apashiro.png

Source

Unusually small piece, but nice nonetheless.

Right, even though I meant everything I said about Twilight in the chat last night, I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not going to suddenly start reacting negatively jokes about it. In fact, I'll probably be even more relaxed about it now that this is out there, anyway. And even though I only got 6 hours of sleep, I woke up feeling better than I did most days the past few weeks. That's how much this has been bothering me: to the point of affecting my sleep. Just feels a lot better finally having said that to someone. And thanks again for understanding, to all 4 of you.
mlfw1296_yu3tJ.gif

*internet bro-hug*

Really glad you feel better about it now that you've gotten it out there.

'Dat preemptive suicide (bloody cute face though, let me just say).

Speaking of cute:
gameboy_color_by_tg_0-d4uvqf3.png

Source

And you know, in recent days I've suddenly found myself adding DA source links on Ponibooru nearly as often as I do in this thread.

Last edited:
I think the Game Boy suits the dorky side of her adorkability. Doesn't get much dorkier than an original Game Boy in terms of handhelds.

Also,
mlfw4003-1333289457120.gif

I think the Game Boy suits the dorky side of her adorkability. Doesn't get much dorkier than an original Game Boy in terms of handhelds.
This.

Also, just putting this out there (and I don't think it is actually related to last night), but I no longer think RD has a podium spot on my Best Pony list anymore.

Last edited:
listen_well_by_veggie55-d4uwpmr.png

Sourse

I take it Fluttershy never got a word in when talking to RD before getting those shades, seeing as Dash doesn't care about her lack of responsiveness.

EDIT:
what_the_buck_did_you_say___bout_muffins__by_kiyoshiii-d4uwkrt.png

Source

Last edited:
Back