The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Not sure if this is the reason why, but I went to the store today to buy my first sim wheel. I was planning on spending 250 for a G27, and when I got there I saw tons of t500rs. All for 149.99. I immediately bought 2 and left. It's the white box and says gt5, unlike the pic posted a few pages back.

Is something wrong with this thing?

Holy crap. What store was this!!??

I can confirm no changes for this wheel...it's only rebranded with firmware update...
Do you by chance have any information about the thrustmaster official loadcell for t500? Or anyone else on this forum? There was news a few months back and now its all silent about this load cell.

Do you by chance have any information about the thrustmaster official loadcell for t500? Or anyone else on this forum? There was news a few months back and now its all silent about this load cell.
No confirmation but the silence and deletion from TM's Facebook page indicate that the project has been scraped.

Not sure if this is the reason why, but I went to the store today to buy my first sim wheel. I was planning on spending 250 for a G27, and when I got there I saw tons of t500rs. All for 149.99. I immediately bought 2 and left. It's the white box and says gt5, unlike the pic posted a few pages back.

Is something wrong with this thing?

I saw this after checking Thrustmaster's official resellers and was absolutely shocked:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/355399/T500RS_Racing_Wheel_for_PS3

I'm guessing you went to a Micro Center then?

These seem to be in stock, ready to ship as opposed to the G27 (299.99) on the same site, which says the G27 is in limited availability.

I've been trying to find a wheel for at least a week for Gran Turismo 6 and after seeing this I immediately bought one!

I saw this after checking Thrustmaster's official resellers and was absolutely shocked:

These seem to be in stock, ready to ship as opposed to the G27 (299.99) on the same site, which says the G27 is in limited availability.

I've been trying to find a wheel for at least a week for Gran Turismo 6 and after seeing this I immediately bought one!

Oh my god. That can't be real. That's an INSANE discount. I just purchased one.

WTF? I just went and ordered a backup for that price. Next day shipping was also only 11.99. Needless to say, I print screened every step of the way, cause if this is the wrong item, I'm not taking the loss on it.

Amazing deal though.

Last edited:
Just bought two. I can even do in store pickup since my house is near one of their stores. This is too awesome. I just found my brother's Christmas gift.

The longer these remain open for order, the less confident I am that they ever ship. They already say not shipping till the 5th on my order (which was even ordered before it hit places like gaf).

Clearly guys are having success with instore ordering (if near you), so that's the way to go if you can.

Just ordered one as well. I knew about the in-store deal on Friday but by the time I got to my store they fixed the price. Also would go pick it up but they're sold out. :(

The longer these remain open for order, the less confident I am that they ever ship. They already say not shipping till the 5th on my order (which was even ordered before it hit places like gaf).

Clearly guys are having success with instore ordering (if near you), so that's the way to go if you can.

I guess we'll find out on the 5th.

Edit: It says they'll email us if they are unable to ship.

I ordered one and will pick it up tonight.

EDIT- Just got an email saying it's ready to pick up.

Last edited:
My order receipt:
jblXfpMD1LIr0j.png

I can not even get the cart page to load. Stupid web site. Oh well I already have one but an extra set of pedals would have been real nice to have

Yah, mine was cancelled too... Not driving 5 hours to their Orange County store. :lol: Oh well, nothing lost really. Good luck if you can pick one up.

Back