The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,560 comments
big dani,

Nothing was said about a track editor before or two editions so why is damage suddenly not going to happen. KY and PD want damage, they said they are doing their best to implement it. Damage is coming...most likely.

New idea on the whole pricing thing,

taken from the official ps forums, not my idea:

My initial/gut reaction to reading that particular paragraph from Amar was that there would only be one version to buy, but there would be an option to pay a sum of money upfront that would allow for access to all future DLC (tracks, cars, whatever) for free. Whereas the other option would be to buy the disc w/o the additional sum of money upfront but you would then have to pay up for some/all/selected pieces of future DLC. It would be similar to going to a concert/festival/whatever and on top of your admission you also pay for a $xx "VIP Bracelet" which allows you food/drink for free all night vs. just paying admission and buying your drinks individually.

I'm not trying to dig up the debate about paying/charging for DLC, but that's just how the paragraph "translated" to me when I first read it.

jamrogie

This sounds more like what PD would do. I cannot imagine 2 different retail copies... just does not sound plausible or logistically sound.

big dani,

Nothing was said about a track editor before or two editions so why is damage suddenly not going to happen. KY and PD want damage, they said they are doing their best to implement it. Damage is coming...most likely.

He asked about damage, don't you see the question mark?

And anyway, all of us are in the dark about damage, so don't say it's coming, and don't say it's not. We'll see soon enough.

This thread is taking off. Amar if you are hiding something then just tell us so that we can all stop peeing in our pants for GT5 news. What if we have all the winds? Is that possible?

Wow, i'm late to the party here. Just came back from work and i saw this worderful, awesome news.

For a second i thought i was reading a script from God of War. "go with the gods Kratos, the feast of the gods..."

Well, i was dying for news, so this is good.

Collectors edition here i come:dopey:

I'm glad it says more than 600 cars. Just a shame Amar doesn't say anything about breakable birds, birds that can get wet in the skypath, replacable hearts and wings for those birds and expensive licensed birds... maybe in the next post.

I hope we get another dose of this before E3.

Thank you so much Amar:tup:

Wow, i'm late to the party here. Just came back from work and i saw this worderful, awesome news.

For a second i thought i was reading a script from God of War. "go with the gods Kratos, the feast of the gods..."

Well, i was dying for news, so this is good.

Collectors edition here i come:dopey:

I'm glad it says more than 600 cars. Just a shame Amar doesn't say anything about breakable birds, birds that can get wet in the skypath, replacable hearts and wings for those birds and expensive licensed birds... maybe in the next post.

I hope we get another dose of this before E3.

Thank you so much Amar:tup:

We might find out some stuff about that at the feast of the gods. I hope there's hamburgers :)

My initial/gut reaction to reading that particular paragraph from Amar was that there would only be one version to buy, but there would be an option to pay a sum of money upfront that would allow for access to all future DLC (tracks, cars, whatever) for free. Whereas the other option would be to buy the disc w/o the additional sum of money upfront but you would then have to pay up for some/all/selected pieces of future DLC.
There is already a precedent for this in Burnout Paradise where they now have the Ultimate Box (or whatever it is called) that has all the previous DLC included for $10 more. This could be an ultimate box for GT5 with all future DLC available.

Of course my fear is that this may mean there is no chance of a Collector's Edition, which would likely be one I would definitely buy.

Or the other angle could be a $40 (or something less) PSN store version with fewer cars and then you have to pay to add on other cars, but you get to choose to not add 50 Skylines or slow cars.

Anyway, all I know is that there is a high likelihood that I will buy the more expensive version, assuming it doesn't refer to a PS3 bundle.

Can't believe I missed this thread yesterday, thanks as always amar đź‘Ť

more breaking news ( not really new but expected ) not from amar but translated into amar heroin language:

" 7th wind is telling the tale of a union of all winds coming together in a marriage turning into a huge whirlwind that is epic with colorful sights to see from the outside. 7th wind will also happen with 1st wind. This union has happened before in past times"

Last edited:
This...

more breaking news ( not really new but expected ) not from amar but translated into amar heroin language:

" 7th wind is telling the tale of a union of all winds coming together in a marriage turning into a huge whirlwind that is epic with colorful sights to see from the outside. 7th wind will also happen with 1st wind. This union has happened before in past times"

was not a good idea. :scared:

now I could decipher the other stuff, but this is .....I have no idea

HINT: focus on the words " colorful sights to see from the outside " . try some mind experiments. also take into account the word " marriage " and how it relates to 1st wind ( aka release date )

Mind Experiment: What would come together ( marriage) that has coloful sights to see from the outside and is also released with the GT5 game and has also been seen before in past times?

Hope to hear some close theories...this is pretty easy.

so...er.....are you saying some of the birds will be yellow and some silver - aswell as the red ones we have previously seen and they will all be attending the feast of the gods?

hang on.....I might get this in a while

Its for that reason that we get cryptic GT5 information (he doesn't just post like this for fun).
Not necessarily... :D

I had a feeling yesterday that some news would be awaiting me, but yesterday was Tax Day in America, and after work, I wasted a few hours dealing with filling out my tax return - yes, I hate doing it as much as many of you and waited till the last minute. And I celebrated afterward by going game shopping and playing until I had to quit to get some sleep for the next day's work, so I didn't get a chance to get online.

So I get on today, and... wow, look at this. :D

I have to wonder how much fun Amar had writing these devious posts, and how much the person at Polyphony or SONY laughed reading them before they were cleared for posting. Or if they collaborated. Regardless, this is too much fun, following The Amar Files to the shocking revelation at E3.

This is just too cool, pouring over the implied meaning. After thinking hard about what might be coming in GT5, I cut back my initial estimate of 700-900 cars to more like 400 plus. It depended on a lot of factors, such as would there be damage? Body kits and race mod, with a livery editor? So thinking there will be a few hundred more is a sweet tidbit. And more than 80 tracks? This was my guess, so the possibility of more than 90 suggests to me that my dream of all the tracks from Gran Turismo games along with new ones too, so of course I'm very excited. Almost double the tracks of GT5 means many, many, MANY events, and a good chance that my dream of a massive lifelike Career Mode being involved.

I'm also very intrigued over the possibility of a very large Anniversary Edition, more expensive too, but with the bonus of being able to acquire future DLC from Polyphony without further cost. This is if I'm reading Amar's cryptic clues right. A related thing, dealing with the lesser known item... does this imply that the other edition would be Prologue, which you can update with GT5 content selectively?

And then there's this talk of winds, such as " The Winds are Whispering but their Words are not yet Clear..." Does this mean... dare I say it... that WEATHER will be included in GT5?! :dopey: Okay... maybe not...

Anyway, yet another hearty thank you, Amar, for making one more die hard supporter happy, and giving the downhearted malcontents another reason to look forward to E3 with excitement and anticipation. Just six more weeks, guys. :sly:

This post from Amar212 has made my day !
I can't believe I have just seen it - after months of looking for any information about the release date.

A breathe fresh air to blow away the misery of a world starting to self destruct.

The more I wonder, the more I'm starting to believe that the release will be Dec 1. 2009. Considering his nationality and choice of words.

He could have said "30 nights before a year passes" which would cleary indicate a March 2010 release. Instead he used "12 months" which leaves us two possilities. Hell, maybe PD don't know when they're going to release it themselves..

GT5 will be released on december 1, 2009. Release will be global for all regions.

600+ cars, 95 tracks, some of which will be remodelled GT4 tracks/cars.

Ability to create new tracks from existing ones.

Extensive clan/team features.

There will be two versions of GT5. One with all the features in it, costing the most (initially). Small version will be GT5P+, but it will cost you to get all the upgrades to the big version.

Possible PSP/PC release?

At least, that's my interpretation of it. ;)

Couldn't agree more.đź‘Ť Can't believe how many posts there are in this thread already in a day.:boggled:

in a post of famitsu that i posted month ago there were 26 nov 2009 release date.....
so its sure that in december we will play this game together...

thx amar! you're the best.
i knew it would come on christmas. +-1or2 month
just a few moments ago i recieved a long awaited package.
and then i go to the computer to make my daily GT news check...
...i like this day!! ;)

i never expected that huge amount of cars...600+ wow!

I just thought about the fact, have 600+ cars and the nurburgring and hopefully weather change... I will have to ditch my girlfriend, friends, family, life itself. So all of you, better make the most out of your life now until December :D

I just thought about the fact, have 600+ cars and the nurburgring and hopefully weather change... I will have to ditch my girlfriend, friends, family, life itself. So all of you, better make the most out of your life now until December :D

Ahahaha, true.:nervous:

I might have been living under a rock or something, but how can Amar know?
Is there any reason why we should take this serious while we would laugh if someone else would have posted it?

Back