The Zahara Club [Read OP]

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 83 comments
I have a small question, maybe someone or all of you have the answer.
You have the three trials, and 5 practice options.
I tried the first practice with the FT-1 VGT, and yeah, that car has some nifty brakes.
Anywho, the question:
How do you unlock the other practice options?
Or do i need to do one timelap to unlock them?

thanks in advance.

I hate that one jump. I'm sure you guys know the one. It takes my combo every time in the Ferrari. Any tips for handling it? It's the huge one, I think it's also the last.

I have a small question, maybe someone or all of you have the answer.
You have the three trials, and 5 practice options.
I tried the first practice with the FT-1 VGT, and yeah, that car has some nifty brakes.
Anywho, the question:
How do you unlock the other practice options?
Or do i need to do one timelap to unlock them?

thanks in advance.
Yes.

I have a challenge for you all, especially those who live in spain. Drive IRL on the road of Zahara following the GT6 circuit path. Then post it to compare IRL to GT6.

This track is amazing! 1st car I drove around it after the time rally was the Ford GT40 15th anniversary while listening to a good driving soundtrack

Yes.

I have a challenge for you all, especially those who live in spain. Drive IRL on the road of Zahara following the GT6 circuit path. Then post it to compare IRL to GT6.
Unfortunately that can't be done. This track uses some real roads, but the vast, vast majority PD invented.

Unfortunately that can't be done. This track uses some real roads, but the vast, vast majority PD invented.
Eheh. Its like that Eiger Nordwand camparation, which has no road at all.

Okay maybe not drive, but just either photoshoot or Google Earth street view it.

I haven't had any trouble with the course yet, the only difficult parts I could find were the long, blind, high-speed corners, where you feel uncertain going through them. I used to feel that way about parts of the 'Ring, though, so I'm sure it will be easier as I learn the course.

There really aren't any awkward curves like at Fuji or Deep Forest, it's very smooth to drive on, very much like the Nurburgring. While I appreciate it's ease, I was hoping for a different style track than the other 20-some kilometer circuit. I like it nonetheless, and I might start testing cars on one of the sections of the track in time trial mode. I just have to figure out which one offers the best balance between straights and corners.

For anyone who might be interested, tonight I'm hosting a Taraga Zahara room (pre-80s cars at 450pp). I'm telling people the start time is 1:00 AM New York time, but we'll probably be up and running before that. Drivers are encouraged to put a driver number on their car (not manditory) so this should he an awesome photomode opertunity, room will have the Tarha Florio, Mille Miglia style!

It's a casual room so swing by if your interested, we'll be racing all night! And if it gets good turn out tonight I'll probably host it the next few nights too. :cheers:

For anyone who might be interested, tonight I'm hosting a Taraga Zahara room (pre-80s cars at 450pp). I'm telling people the start time is 1:00 AM New York time, but we'll probably be up and running before that. It's a casual room so swing by if your interested, we'll be racing all night! And if it gets good turn out tonight I'll probably host it the next few nights too. :cheers:

I'll join if it's more like 7pm.

For anyone who might be interested, tonight I'm hosting a Taraga Zahara room (pre-80s cars at 450pp). I'm telling people the start time is 1:00 AM New York time, but we'll probably be up and running before that. Drivers are encouraged to put a driver number on their car (not manditory) so this should he an awesome photomode opertunity, room will have the Tarha Florio, Mille Miglia style!

It's a casual room so swing by if your interested, we'll be racing all night! And if it gets good turn out tonight I'll probably host it the next few nights too. :cheers:
I'll be there again, last nights racing was really fun and that Alpine... jeez! It easily got the better of my Cobra, which was outpaced in the corners but gapping (the Alpine) on the straights.

Eastern, same as yours.
Yeah unfortunately that's to early for the core people I scheduled with (they're not all American). I encourage anyone else to host Targa Florio rooms at any time too, hoping to see some vintage racing at the track become popular like other forms of racing are. :cheers:

I'll be there again, last nights racing was really fun and that Alpine... jeez! It easily got the better of my Cobra, which was outpaced in the corners but gapping (the Alpine) on the straights.
It's a good give and take, that Alpine is very drivable. If the faster straight line cars start to show an advantage (and they might) I might set an HP limit just to knock 10-15 HP off the higher power cars like the Cobra, but that's only if that happens

I really like this track. It may replace the Nordschleife as my favorite. After watching the video of the time trial in the news page, I thought the banners, curbs, guardrails would be distracting, but they're really not. Great track for cruising an testing. Definitely a thumbs up. Look forward to more tracks like this based on real places in the future. My only wish is having 24 hour time availability.

There are no fixed cameras in photomode here, that I could see. So all shots are limited to "pedestrian". Must be a hardware limitation.

The Targa Zahara room went incredibly well last night! Will be doing it again tonight, hopefully we'll get a couple YouTube replays up soon. If anyone wants to host one themselves I recommend adding a 250hp cap and banning the 246 Dino (has a very uneven pp advantage). Went fantastic though, there will be more of them! :cheers:

Has anyone counted how many "mini pits" or Parking Areas there are? I think I've seen about 5 so far, but haven't really been looking for them.

Also, concerning the Time Rally event, has anyone counted how many jumps there are, and how many bonus multipliers you can get at each jump?

It would be great to have a detailed map with all the points of interest marked out.

Has anyone counted how many "mini pits" or Parking Areas there are? I think I've seen about 5 so far, but haven't really been looking for them.

Also, concerning the Time Rally event, has anyone counted how many jumps there are, and how many bonus multipliers you can get at each jump?

It would be great to have a detailed map with all the points of interest marked out.
Detailed map is on the list of things to do. I've started to work on one as I believe others are too. Its a lot harder than I originally thought it would be because it doesn't follow real roads near as much as I think a lot of us thoughts it would, so making the map isn't a small undertaking. Once somebody gets the whole map though do post it, and then we can go around and mark when the so elevation is rising and falling, turns and straights, etc, everything imaginable. Still just need that base map though.

UPDATE: Looks like PD's got us :cheers:
image.jpg

We can do a lot with the outline of that, I'll have something detailed in the next few days of nobody beats me to it.

Last edited:
I do hope that course creator allows us to take Zahara and split it into point to point parts for sectional type races, would also be welcome on Nurburgring as well. One thing I notice is during replay and some times when racing on Zahara the PS3 is definitely creaking, there are parts of the land that literally flicker and I mean huge parts and details near the edges of the course as well. PD has also struck again with their invisible walls within the course boundaries, seriously they need to cut that out, there are barricades and rock walls, I don't need to watch myself run into an invisible wall. Why do they feel the need to include such nonsense? Willow Springs doesn't have these, so why does this course and many others have them? incredible distracting when you cook it and expect to regain control only to slam into a wall about 15 feet from the actual barricade.
Good thing is the asphalt on this course looks really good, very varied compared to older courses not updated. I wished it had a full day night cycle as I would love to do late night cruise and take some night photos. Ah well probably will be there in GT7 but good job PD, keep them coming.

I do hope that course creator allows us to take Zahara and split it into point to point parts for sectional type races, would also be welcome on Nurburgring as well. One thing I notice is during replay and some times when racing on Zahara the PS3 is definitely creaking, there are parts of the land that literally flicker and I mean huge parts and details near the edges of the course as well. PD has also struck again with their invisible walls within the course boundaries, seriously they need to cut that out, there are barricades and rock walls, I don't need to watch myself run into an invisible wall. Why do they feel the need to include such nonsense? Willow Springs doesn't have these, so why does this course and many others have them? incredible distracting when you cook it and expect to regain control only to slam into a wall about 15 feet from the actual barricade.
Good thing is the asphalt on this course looks really good, very varied compared to older courses not updated. I wished it had a full day night cycle as I would love to do late night cruise and take some night photos. Ah well probably will be there in GT7 but good job PD, keep them coming.

Set the time to latest possible and it's almost dark, seems strange they can do that but not full darkness, even the Sierra banners over the track have lights on them. I also tried midday and it's seriously bright, possible need for sunglasses!

For high score hunters this could be very usefull.

Not sure about the jumps , but speed trap - bonus times vary by car , not speed. Where you get +3 on Scirocco you may get just +2 in the GTO.

There is a place for small jump before the actual first big jump. In the GTO it's possible to get the time bonus. Maybe we could post our highest time bonuses we've gotten from each place.

Here's something laughable, the in game stats for the track say that it has 45 corners. If you actually count yourself you'll get over 80. :lol:

Decided to see what I could do in 1 lap in some of the faster cars. Managed a 6:55 in the Lotus F1, and got 4:59.808 in the X2014 Fan Car.

Also, has anyone mastered the jump just before the sharp right-left onto the bridge? Im yet to manage it without smashing straight off off braking heavily just before hand. Is there a way to turn and ease off the throttle just enough to avoid a spin?

Decided to see what I could do in 1 lap in some of the faster cars. Managed a 6:55 in the Lotus F1, and got 4:59.808 in the X2014 Fan Car.

Also, has anyone mastered the jump just before the sharp right-left onto the bridge? Im yet to manage it without smashing straight off off braking heavily just before hand. Is there a way to turn and ease off the throttle just enough to avoid a spin?
The form of racing I run the most in Gran Turismo is rally (I refer to it as my primary practice). The first thing I thought when I hit this corner was that I'd seen it before, and I have. Its pretty much identical to the 3rd to last corner at Toscana, the one at the end of the longest straight. So I treat this corner the same way I treat it in a rally car.

The goal is going to be to shoot across the jump. You'll need to alter your line a bit getting into the corner. Get all the way over to the left of the road at the start of the corner. You may then have to apply a little brake (trail brake) to point the car inwards when its time, and then you can get on the gas to power through the jump. This is the point where you'll be shooting across the jump. Take it so that your car is angled towards the right, towards the apex of the corner. By shooting across the jump like this your car will be pointed so that it lands at the point in the corner you'd want to be at had you not left the ground. Hopefully that sounded clear, I can try to word it better if it's not.

Back