TOSS' Touge Tuner Shootout - Final Week Test Driver Time Attack

• Thread starter TimberW
  • 800 comments
Ok after running almost all weekend I've got most of the cars in. I never received desperado's r32 and ran out of time to test the last two cars.
Praiano's evora: 3:44:576
Roj's nsx :3:46.255
Digitalbaka's tts: 3:47:380
Bigberry's r32: 3:44.782
C-zeta's delta: 3:55.304
Krenkme's Elise 3:42.698
Mrgrado's tesla 3:53.552
Acsr421's 2010 sti 3:43.010
Rj's evora 3:42.305
On a side note some of the cars had terrible tire wear which made testing very long as I had to complete 2 laps to get one hot lap. The Awd cars all ran their best times one lap 1. Krenkme's Elise on the other hand could run three laps with almost no dropoff.

Need to clarify on some of the setups.

The Tesla by MrGrado calls for full weight reduction which I have done, but the weight is now at 1064kg and the weight listed by MrGrado is 1100kg and no ballast is used.

Secondly the R32 (already broken in) from Bigberry already has 370hp with the listed parts installed. If I follow the listed power limiter of 97.9%, the PP will drop below 500. :dunce:

The tune is now listed as 1064kg, sorry about that.

On a side note some of the cars had terrible tire wear which made testing very long as I had to complete 2 laps to get one hot lap. The Awd cars all ran their best times one lap 1. Krenkme's Elise on the other hand could run three laps with almost no dropoff.

I totally agree the tyre wear was killing me for getting a fast lap.
I found the Lotus' the best for tyre wear. but most other cars I could only get 1 maybe 2 laps out of them before they needed a new set of tyres, as times were dropping noticeably. The tyre wear is very unrealistic.
I'm pretty sure I could never kill a set of tyres before I emptied a tank of Petrol.

I apologize for disappearing guys, specifically TimberW, I took on to many things at once and gathered some time hindering obstacles, which of course, led to my eventual forgetting of the approaching deadline.:dopey:

Also to the tuners who sent me their cars, I assume everyone duped, but if anyone wants one back, just say the word, preferably on PSN or PM though, I never miss either of those, rather then potentially losing it in the thread.

Looks like a couple drivers didn't make it, which makes me feel worse about it.:nervous: Hopefully all is going (reasonably) well with the shootout anyway.

cactusOnR
I totally agree the tyre wear was killing me for getting a fast lap.
I found the Lotus' the best for tyre wear. but most other cars I could only get 1 maybe 2 laps out of them before they needed a new set of tyres, as times were dropping noticeably. The tyre wear is very unrealistic.
I'm pretty sure I could never kill a set of tyres before I emptied a tank of Petrol.
Yes after one lap most of the Awd cars were spent.
If this shootout goes more than a couple of laps it'll be very interesting.
bigberry
Mine should have been good, including the outlap I could run 3.47/48 in lap 2/3/4 .
It could run 3:48's for a couple of laps,but I drove it much harder to get the 3:44.xxx and used all the tires.

^^ I was using that as an example ive drove quicker times and the tyres were ok. But thats me driving so different results for different drivers I guess.

Tyre wear is totally out of wack no way should sports hards wear out so quick.

10 minutes before deadline , 4,5 of 7 tuners didn't finished or done their test , that's why tuners must be testers always . For Onboy123 it just the third or fourth consecutive time i think. This is not cool !!

10 minutes before deadline , 4,5 of 7 tuners didn't finished or done their test , that's why tuners must be testers always . For Onboy123 it just the third or fourth consecutive time i think. This is not cool !!

Oi, I've got DB's Audi done, I just wanted to drive your Evora to be honest, but it's still not arrived! I thought it was going to be at my doorstep when savage was done…?

Onboy123
Oi, I've got DB's Audi done, I just wanted to drive your Evora to be honest, but it's still not arrived! I thought it was going to be at my doorstep when savage was done…?

Oh 🤬 I forgot. Sorry bout that onboy, I was so worried about getting my testing done that I forgot to send you your evora.

Hey guys.
Sorry on missing the deadline but here are my results. :)

Volkswagen R32 (XDesperado67) 3:50.209
Pros: Stable at all times. Good braking. Feels like a FF.
Cons: Understeer. Stresses front tires. Feels like a FF.
Comment: Stable but too stable.

Volkswagen R32 (bigberry) 3:49.779
Pros: Very stable under power. Trail braking helps bring rear around.
Cons: Rear keeps sliding for a bit too long.
Comment: Dual personality in one car. Feels like an AWD under power but a MR when off.

Lotus Evora (praiano63) 3:44.671
Pros: Very balanced. Minimal understeer.
Cons: Rear feels too stable and stiff.

Honda NSX Type R (VTiRoj) 3:45.143
Pros: Good overall grip and braking.
Cons: Turn in feels slow.

Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione (C-ZETA) 3:52.684
Pros: Trailing braking is effective.
Cons: Heavy understeer. Slides a bit too much. Engine runs out of steam at 6500rpm.

Lotus Elise 111R (krenkme) 3:43.515
Pros: Stable and easy to drive. Quick in corners. Good brakes.
Cons: Some very very small oversteer.
Comments: Absolutely amazing.

Tesla Roadster (MrGrado) 3:48.503
Pros: Good brakes and turn in.
Cons: Rear slides a little too much.

Subaru Impreza WRX STI (ACSR421) 3:42.779
Pros: Deceptively quick. Good grip.
Cons: Wears out front tires quickly.
Comments: Doesn't feel fast when driving it, but turns out to be.

Lotus Evora (Rotary Junkie) 3:43.899
Pros: Rear assists corner entry by slipping slightly. Overall grip is high. Balanced.
Cons: Rear feels too slippery at times.

Audi TTS (DigitalBaka) 3:47.951
Pros: Good grip and stable. Slight power oversteer when exiting slow corners.
Cons: Center Differential.
Comments: Small degree of rear wheelspin during corner exit. There is a delay between the center diff sensing this and redistributing the power. Feels like a slipping clutch.

Lotus Elise 111R (ugabugaz)3:44.453
Pros: Good turn in.
Cons: Rear feels like it is constantly sliding in corners.

Honda NSX Type R (Jackthalad) 3:44.679
Pros: Amazing front grip. Feels very agile.
Cons: Rear slides a bit easily.

Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec II Nur (SolidSnake7735) 3:46.925
Pros: Good grip and braking.
Cons: Understeer. Feels heavy. Engine response seems slow.
Comment: "Remember, the car is heavy"

Kakeyoro Ranking aka Fun to Drive. :)
In this ranking, only the driving feel of each car is evaluated.
Cars listed at the top are the most fun to drive.

Lotus Elise 111R (krenkme)
Honda NSX Type R (Jackthalad)
Lotus Evora (Rotary Junkie), Honda NSX Type R (VTiRoj)
Lotus Evora (praiano63)
Audi TTS (DigitalBaka)
Lotus Elise 111R (ugabugaz), Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec II Nur (SolidSnake7735)
Tesla Roadster (MrGrado), Subaru Impreza WRX STI (ACSR421)
Volkswagen R32 (bigberry)
Volkswagen R32 (XDesperado67), Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione (C-ZETA)

Great job everybody. 👍​

I can send you Praiano's Evora in about 15-20 minutes, if Timber will ok the delayed results.

Oh 🤬 I forgot. Sorry bout that onboy, I was so worried about getting my testing done that I forgot to send you your evora.
If you need Desperado's R32, I can send you that in about 8-10 hours when reset happens, again, if Timber's ok with the delay.

Ok after running almost all weekend I've got most of the cars in. I never received desperado's r32 and ran out of time to test the last two cars.

Hey guys.

Volkswagen R32 (XDesperado67) 3:50.209
Pros: Stable at all times. Good braking. Feels like a FF.
Cons: Understeer. Stresses front tires. Feels like a FF.
Comment: Stable but too stable.

Volkswagen R32 (bigberry) 3:49.779
Pros: Very stable under power. Trail braking helps bring rear around.
Cons: Rear keeps sliding for a bit too long.
Comment: Dual personality in one car. Feels like an AWD under power but a MR when off.

Lotus Evora (praiano63) 3:44.671
Pros: Very balanced. Minimal understeer.
Cons: Rear feels too stable and stiff.

Honda NSX Type R (VTiRoj) 3:45.143
Pros: Good overall grip and braking.
Cons: Turn in feels slow.

Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione (C-ZETA) 3:52.684
Pros: Trailing braking is effective.
Cons: Heavy understeer. Slides a bit too much. Engine runs out of steam at 6500rpm.

Tesla Roadster (MrGrado) 3:48.503
Pros: Good brakes and turn in.
Cons: Rear slides a little too much.

Subaru Impreza WRX STI (ACSR421) 3:42.779
Pros: Deceptively quick. Good grip.
Cons: Wears out front tires quickly.
Comments: Doesn't feel fast when driving it, but turns out to be.

Lotus Evora (Rotary Junkie) 3:43.899
Pros: Rear assists corner entry by slipping slightly. Overall grip is high. Balanced.
Cons: Rear feels too slippery at times.

Audi TTS (DigitalBaka) 3:47.951
Pros: Good grip and stable. Slight power oversteer when exiting slow corners.
Cons: Center Differential.
Comments: Small degree of rear wheelspin during corner exit. There is a delay between the center diff sensing this and redistributing the power. Feels like a slipping clutch.

Lotus Elise 111R (ugabugaz)3:44.453
Pros: Good turn in.
Cons: Rear feels like it is constantly sliding in corners.

Honda NSX Type R (Jackthalad) 3:44.679
Pros: Amazing front grip. Feels very agile.
Cons: Rear slides a bit easily.

Lotus Evora (praiano63)
Audi TTS (DigitalBaka)

Great job everybody. 👍​

Very good , this was exactly what i was waiting for. Those touge cars are really awesome to drive and the toscana roads too. I was expecting this result for my car. I've build it to be able to make 10 laps, at high speed ,on the edge, but also under the pressure of an opponent during a battle . For this you need a little margin of security that make a car a little bit slower, but safer.
Also the Krenkme elise 111r ,that i've already said that it's a fantastic machine. Congratulation to testers and tuners.

><((((°>°°°°

I'm not involved in this shootout, I'm not a member of FITT, and I'm not associated with any garage. I'm just a casual observer, and this shootout seemed to have great potential. It would be a shame if the testers (assuming they all still want to submit times) should have an extension to make this a fun and balanced shootout. Just my two cents.

@Supermelon thanks for the test and feedback.
While I'm a bit disappointed with the results for my car the faults are mine and not the drivers.

I left the car tighter than I should have. Connection issues forced me to more or less guess at good settings for online so I stayed more conservative expecting the online drive to be much looser.

Do have one question for you though.
How can the car feeling like a FF be both a pro and a con?:D

@Supermelon thanks for the test and feedback.
While I'm a bit disappointed with the results for my car the faults are mine and not the drivers.

I left the car tighter than I should have. Connection issues forced me to more or less guess at good settings for online so I stayed more conservative expecting the online drive to be much looser.

Do have one question for you though.
How can the car feeling like a FF be both a pro and a con?:D

FF's are fun and a pain in the ass at the same time? ;)

OnBoy123 now has Praiano's Evora if that helps.👍

praiano63
Very good , this was exactly what i was waiting for. Those touge cars are really awesome to drive and the toscana roads too. I was expecting this result for my car. I've build it to be able to make 10 laps, at high speed ,on the edge, but also under the pressure of an opponent during a battle . For this you need a little margin of security that make a car a little bit slower, but safer.
Also the Krenkme elise 111r ,that i've already said that it's a fantastic machine. Congratulation to testers and tuners.

><((((°>°°°°

You and krenkme have the cars with the most balanced tire wear of the ones I've tested. krenkme's car starts neutral and wears evenly while your starts kind of tight and becomes neutral as the laps progress. Roj's and rj's cars start kind of free and get really free after a couple of laps. All the awd cars wear the front tires off I one hot lap, c-zeta's delta being the worst.

@CSLACR if you could send one that'd be great. I think I'm going to finish posting whether it counts or not as a courtesy to the tuners that put so much effort into their cars.👍

Hey guys.

Lotus Evora (praiano63)
Audi TTS (DigitalBaka)

Great job everybody. 👍​

Thank you so very much. I'm glad you liked the car. I think I found something special with this tune. It turned out well

><((((°>°°°°

Again good sir, you are too kind! Thank you :cheers:

I'm very happy that you liked the car. It was a very fun car to drive and tune. Works well on other tracks as well 👍

Thank you all for the time. I hope you all enjoyed the car :dopey:

Hey guys.

Lotus Evora (praiano63)
Audi TTS (DigitalBaka)

Great job everybody. 👍​

Good to see my car managed a good time. It takes time, though, to gain a feel for the stock 50/50 bias center differential and manage the surge of torque that comes in and turn the understeer into corner-hugging grip. hard car :( but good stuff 👍

You and krenkme have the cars with the most balanced tire wear of the ones I've tested. krenkme's car starts neutral and wears evenly while your starts kind of tight and becomes neutral as the laps progress. Roj's and rj's cars start kind of free and get really free after a couple of laps. All the awd cars wear the front tires off I one hot lap, c-zeta's delta being the worst.

@CSLACR if you could send one that'd be great. I think I'm going to finish posting whether it counts or not as a courtesy to the tuners that put so much effort into their cars.👍
Not a problem, I'll send it when I get on in a bit. 👍 (Desperado's VW, right?)

Times updated guys, thanks for participating in this shootout. Now I have more selection of touge weapons in my garage thanks to you guys! Sorry I've been MIA in the last couple of days. Real life and heavy workload just took precedence. I'll see you guys on the touge soon!

Here is my tune for the shootout. I have 2 cars like this already build and broken.

evorashootout.jpg

deepforestraceway9.jpg

Can i share one right now ? What must i do with his clone ??

Link of the tune in my garage:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6026783#post6026783

I'm sorry,dude. But where in God's name did you come up with such a horrible tune? That was honestly ten times worse than the stock tune. I actually lost 1.5 seconds on the Norwand time trial and I'm ranked 3,770 with a time of 1:09.800. This tune set me back a full second and a half. FAIL!!!

Times updated guys, thanks for participating in this shootout. Now I have more selection of touge weapons in my garage thanks to you guys! Sorry I've been MIA in the last couple of days. Real life and heavy workload just took precedence. I'll see you guys on the touge soon!

What happened? Who won?

Well... :confused: ... TimberW won I guess. Lots of great tuners with some great tunes, but no "online battle", no true winner..... :(

on the plus side we all know what bootleging touge is now :dopey:
:( :( :(

I'm sorry,dude. But where in God's name did you come up with such a horrible tune? That was honestly ten times worse than the stock tune. I actually lost 1.5 seconds on the Norwand time trial and I'm ranked 3,770 with a time of 1:09.800. This tune set me back a full second and a half. FAIL!!!

Go learn to drive , or release the hand brake !!!

Latest Posts

Back