Toughest Corners Thread! (maybe +poll)

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 47 comments
Is Bergwerk the right-hand turn that is also uphill and then leads to the uphill section before Karussell?

Bergwerk is a righthander, pretty tight, uphill, Hairpinned, then follows a long full throttle part, and then the Karussell part.

For me the hardest corners are:

Last turn at Willow Springs
Paddock Hill Bend at Brands Hatch
Porsche Curves at Circuit de la Sarthe
Stowe and Copse corner at Silvestone
The fast left hander befor the final hairpin at Tokyo
Turn 6 at Laguna Seca
Dottinger Hohe at Nordschleife
Panasonic Corner at Fuji
Turns 2 and 3 at London

... (probably more)

Bergwerk is a righthander, pretty tight, uphill, Hairpinned, then follows a long full throttle part, and then the Karussell part.
Okay. I think I know exactly what turn you're talking about. Yeah. That's a tough corner for sure!

Okay. I think I know exactly what turn you're talking about. Yeah. That's a tough corner for sure!

Look at the OP, the first post, i posted a few pictures for all corners.
You will see directly what corner it is.

Oh, there's a few corners at Matterhorn which are really tough. Like the downhill braking zone before the tight corner at Roterboden.

My toughest corners for me are:
-Red Bull Ring: Castrol Edge (Turn 1)
-Fuji: Panasonic Corner (Turn 16)
-Apricot Hill: Happy Corner (Turn 11)
-Suzuka: Degner (turn before the tunnel)
-Laguna Seca: Corkscrew and turn after the tunnel before Corkscrew
-Spa-Francorchamps: Les Combes (7,8,9), Campus (14) and Chicane (Turn 19,20, Bus-Stop Chicane)
-Silverstone: Village and Arena (Turn 3 and 4)
-Brands Hatch: Sheene Corner (Turn 7)
-Trial Mountain: Turn 4
-Nürburgring GP: Castrol S (Turn 1) and Mercedes Arena
-Nürburgring Nordschleife: Adenauer Forst, Hatzenbach and Pflanzgarten

Have a hard time learning a corner ? You're controller could be used as your dental impression ?

Forget all that! We present to you the Section Learner! :eek::eek:

Section Learner will make you the GOD of corners! :bowdown:

The only solution that offers GUARANTEED results! ;)

Call now and receive your copy of Section Learner for only 19.99$. That's right only 19.99$!

But that's not everything folks! Call within 30 minutes and receive TWO copies of Section Learner - that's one copy of Section Learner ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Call Now at 1-800-Section-Learner-0-800! That's 1-800-Section-Learner-0-800

Call Now!

:P

But seriously - PD please consider something like this.

I don't want the rewind - I want a fully fledged learning feature with auto restarts and times logged.

True. Thank You Daan, but these are just where people discuss, and i want at the end, that people Vote for the corners.
I was pointing out that if you searched for threads that have the word "corners" in the title, then you should also have searched for threads that have the word "corner" in its title.

I don't know the name of it, but not being careful, the first corner of Nurburgring's GP circuit will get you.

the Dottinger Hohe corner on the first high speed section of the Nordschleife. That single, blind corner always unnerves me and I go way to slow through it, or I mess up, go off, and Hit the wall.

Bergwerk - Nordschleife

This, I mean the whole of nurb is just one big difficult corner to me but this one is really hard to get right, I mean it seems like you can brake very late but the downhill makes it very hairy to do so. I always take this one too slow and loose a ton of time... On that nurb24h TT this was most problematic place for me, every time I even approached it I was on the brink of a heart attack and really did mess up many great laps on that corner, I mean it was easy to lose second there and I was fighting for tenths....

Great memories :banghead:

It took me quite a while to get the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca right when I first started racing games.

It's not "tough" as much as I hate it with the passion of a million burning suns.. the first corner of the Nurburgring GP circuit. :yuck::yuck::yuck: No other track/corner makes me more angry! :mad:

You know another hard corner for me is Arnage at La Sarthe. It's so slow and slippery, it's easy to miss the braking point and lose the rear on the exit...

Porsche curves at Circuit de la Sarthe
Corner with no name at Spa
Schumacher S at Nurburgring
Final 2 at Fuji
Lowers hairpin at Monaco
Turn 1 at Laguna Seca
T1/2 at Apricot Hill
Trial Mountain final chicane
Last corner at Grand Valley
Brands Paddock Hill
Willow Springs Final Corner (Both versions)

Back