Toyota 86 Tuning Challenge *Results Are In*

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 253 comments
So when you gonna be finished with your results s2k2k3

I think I will post the ft86 concept this weekend.

Unless my ps3 is dead. I'm doing the reflow this evening. I'm getting huge graphic glitches. The gcu is done for. Hoping the reflow will fix it.

I have all games backed up in case.

OK then. Reflow didn't work. Graphic problems much worse. So I just went to wallyworld and got a new 160g. So far I have been able to download 0 of 17 updates. I haven't gotten past 2%. But that's how it always is. I never get an update without 5 or 6 tries. Sometimes more than that.

The secret is to bypass the router. Updates downloaded.

Last edited:
I ended up with identical setups for both my FR-S and my GT86 so I thought it'd be a cool idea to give them both the exact same setup and see just how close the results and feedback end up. I also tried this with the FT-86 II as well. :D

The GT86 is on share on my main account (RoJJieE), but if you're having trouble adding me there, add my other account (VTiRoj) and the GT86 will be there tomorrow. 👍

I've still got my FT-86 and FT-86 G Sports to post but it feels as if the testers are waiting on me so I'm posting these now. :embarrassed:

I ended up with identical setups for both my FR-S and my GT86

So I'm not the only one. 💡

But my tune for the FT86 is different. The FT86 is lighter than the production models so there may be other differences as well.

I did get my new ps3 up and running. I had bypass my router and plug straight into the modem to get it to download updates. I lost all my custom tracks and photos but the game save is intact (except that most of the cars in my garage lack thumbnails).

So anyway... I'll put my FT86 on share tomorrow and post the tune. Testers may drive it if they like.

Last edited:
s2k2k3
So I'm not the only one.

But my tune for the FT86 is different. The FT86 is lighter than the production models so there may be other differences as well.

I did get my new ps3 up and running. I had bypass my router and plug straight into the modem to get it to download updates. I lost all my custom tracks and photos but the game save is intact (except that most of the cars in my garage lack thumbnails).

So anyway... I'll put my FT86 on share tomorrow and post the tune. Testers may drive it if they like.

Thats good that you got your ps3 running.the only differences with the ft86 and the gt86 is the ft86 is a concept and it better looking.the gt86 is a road car and it's a better drivers car

Putting my name in as a tester. Ranked 175th GT Academy Canada. i don't cut corners and I'm using a G25 Racing wheel. :)

the only differences with the ft86 and the gt86 is the ft86 is a concept and it better looking.the gt86 is a road car and it's a better drivers car

The FT 86 and GT 86 are not the same.

........................ FT 86 ....... GT 86
Stock Weight .... 1000kg ..... 1230kg
Fully Lightened ... 890kg ...... 1092kg

Toyota FT 86 Concept '09

Tuned for the Toyota 86 Tuning Challenge, offline, with a wheel.

ft86.jpg

1000kg
248hp
450PP
Sport Hard Tires

Chassis:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Engine:
Engine Tuning Stage 1

Intake:
Stock

Exhaust:
Stock

Transmission:
Fully Adjustable

Drivetrain:
All upgrades

Suspension:
Fully Adjustable

Settings:
Ballast - 110kg position 20
Power Limiter - 95.5%

Transmission:
1st 3.691
2nd 2.595
3rd 1.944
4th 1.522
5th 1.250
6th 1.045
Final 4.475

Suspension:
Height -5 -5
SR 11.0 9.0
DE 5 5
DC 5 5
AR 3 3

Cmb 2.2 2.0
Toe 0.10 0.20

LSD:
Initial 10
Accel 40
Brake 20

Brake Bias:
5 3

I tuned this one to drive like a balanced Mid-Rear. It rotates quickly, but will require throttle control in the corners.

Set to share and FRs sent.

Last edited:
The FT 86 and GT 86 are not the same.

*SNIP*

I tuned this one to drive like a balanced Mid-Rear.

Set to share and FRs sent.

I should be able to try your 86 out soon. And it's a good thing that you kept the exhaust stock, it sounds much more better than the titanium racing exhaust. But personally, the best sounding exhaust on the FT is the sports exhaust.

I should be able to try your 86 out soon. And it's a good thing that you kept the exhaust stock, it sounds much more better than the titanium racing exhaust. But personally, the best sounding exhaust on the FT is the sports exhaust.

My normally tuned FR-S uses sport exhaust for that same reason, still puts out 370 hp, lots to play with :)

I've sent a friend request to all the testers except dirtbiker535/atimmer22. His friends list is full.

But personally, the best sounding exhaust on the FT is the sports exhaust.

In this case function trumped aesthetics.

Because I had already installed the engine tuning stage 1 and I wanted to keep my weight to 1000kg I had to use stock exhaust.

If I was starting from scratch I would not install the engine tuning and then I could use sport exhaust.

Only person who has FR me is VTiRoj.

VTiRoj's GT86 1:44.138
ABS 1, G25 wheel

Car handles well in the rear but i felt the turn in could be sharper, and this is just me the brakes could be softer, again this is just me all my cars personally have the brakes set to 2 2 or 1 1

If you could VTiRoj could you send me a FT86 II?

Testing: All cars are run for 15 laps with one pit stop at lap 8 for a set of fresh cold tires

s2k2k3`s FT-86 concept---------------1:42.897
VTiRoj's GT86---------------------------1:44.138

Notes:

s2k2k3`s FT-86 got its best laps just before the tires reached max heat, after that the car was very slippery and hard to control the rear end with the throttle. Front end turn in was very good.

VTiRoj`s GT86 Car handles well in the rear but i felt the turn in could be sharper. The front tires tended to plow badly after they reached top heat level.

Only person who has FR me is VTiRoj.

VTiRoj's GT86 1:44.138
ABS 1, G25 wheel

Car handles well in the rear but i felt the turn in could be sharper, and this is just me the brakes could be softer, again this is just me all my cars personally have the brakes set to 2 2 or 1 1

If you could VTiRoj could you send me a FT86 II?

Yeah I hear you on the turn-in. The only problem I get when I try and make the front sharper is that the rear gets looser. I think on the Nurburgring GP course, stability is better for lap times. As for the brakes, I can totally understand if you prefer softer settings. I like to brake really late so I always keep my brake balance above 5/5. Thanks for testing! :D

I'll send you one when I can. 👍

Testing: All cars are run for 15 laps with one pit stop at lap 8 for a set of fresh cold tires

s2k2k3`s FT-86 concept---------------1:42.897
VTiRoj's GT86---------------------------1:44.138

Notes:

s2k2k3`s FT-86 got its best laps just before the tires reached max heat, after that the car was very slippery and hard to control the rear end with the throttle. Front end turn in was very good.

I admit I tuned it on the loose side. I prefer a car that drives with the throttle.

And I'm impressed by your lap. That's 2 tenths faster than my best.

Last edited:
My FRs have not been accepted by DigitalBaka or atimmer22.

If you still want to be testers please accept FRs from the tuners.

s2k2k3 -----------------------FT-86 concept -----------------------1:42.897
OTS_NEWDRIVER2 ----------86 GT---------------------------------1:43.482
VTiRoj ------------------------86 GT---------------------------------1:44.138

Notes:

OTS_NEWDRIVER2's GT86 handled very well on all tire temps, turn in was good rear end stability on corner exit was good as well. Rear end felt a tiny bit loose on high speed corners.

VTiRoj`s GT86 Car handles well in the rear but i felt the turn in could be sharper. The front tires tended to plow badly after they reached top heat level.

Mrtrent1024

s2k2k3 -----------------------FT-86 concept -----------------------1:42.897
OTS_NEWDRIVER2 ----------86 GT---------------------------------1:43.482
VTiRoj ------------------------86 GT---------------------------------1:44.138

Notes:

OTS_NEWDRIVER2's GT86 handled very well on all tire temps, turn in was good rear end stability on corner exit was good as well. Rear end felt a tiny bit loose on high speed corners.

Thanks sir for your time testing our cars . You did good time and its faster than mine . This car is like a snake moving from side to side . :-)

Last edited:
Johnnyboy - The tuning deadline is close, if you still plan to submit a tune.

All Testers: The testing deadline is July 22. You will need to break in 2 Scions for this challenge so don't wait until the last minute.

All FR-S, GT-86, and FT-86 '09 tunes need to be tested. Testing for Concept II and classic 86 is optional and will not count for the challenge.

s2k2k3
Johnnyboy - The tuning deadline is close, if you still plan to submit a tune.

All Testers: The testing deadline is July 22. You will need to break in 2 Scions for this challenge so don't wait until the last minute.

All FR-S, GT-86, and FT-86 '09 tunes need to be tested. Testing for Concept II and classic 86 is optional and will not count for the challenge.

Like what digital baka need to do,finish his results

Um...I can only do the 86-GT right now because I haven't touched the FR-S yet=not broken in. I am pretty sure the 86 is, though.

Last edited:
I guess I have been away from this tread for too long. I was unaware the Scion could not be borrowed. Then why can I put it up on share? :confused:. Sorry testers :(

Got some more results to post but I was too tired (read lazy) to do it Tuesday. Got my second Scion broken in and working on a third for my re-tests. I'll update again later when I update later.... :D:lol:

Latest Posts

Back