Tuning Guides

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 78 comments
Hey, I tried these settings on a similar car, rx-7, ford GT and some others. I also tried various ride heights such as 0/0 and +5/+5 to avoid bottoming. It does have opposite effects than it should be.:ouch:

Could anybody explain this??

Well maybe I'm not crazy then:) I've just come to the conclusion that we just have to wait for full gt5 tuning to really gauge this; after all we don't even have the options that were in gt4 or even 3! I'm sure tuning will expand nicely.

This is exactly what I need. I'm a complete newb regarding to tuning and i'm sure this will help me alot. Looks like you put alot of efford into it. Thanks, much appreciated. 👍

Scaff,can u help me??

i cant understand the words.

Welcome to GTP, happyforever. 👍

I'm sure Scaff would be more than happy to help you when he get's the chance.

In the meantime, may I remind you of our AUP that you very recently agreed to when registering, and highlight this section for you:

No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums. All messages must be posted in English.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. 👍

Sphinx.

Hi. I have only one question. The tunng menu in the game. Basically all of the settings on zero. What is that mean? The zero is the basic setting, like the manufacturer setting and you can tune the car from the standard (for example: standard toe is +12 and its in the menu'0') or zero is mean absolute zero. I hope you understand me, my english is not the best.

I think the zeros that you start with in the tuning menu are the stock settings, not the actual value. For example, a setting of "5" on the suspension on a Susuki Cappuccino won't be the same as a "5" on a Ferrari. The zero is just the starting point.

Hey. i have been scouting this forum and sub forums for a few days now. i decided a few weeks ago to start playing gt4 again but this time was for a quest of speed. at the moment i am about %50 into the game again. i am trying to download your tuning guide but when i have downloaded it it wont open. maybe i dont have the right program for it? what program do other users have that might help me use this tuning guide.

Regards
Saubermerc/karl

Guys...I'm being a bit dense here but where can I test drive and tune cars without having to be in a race?

Time Trial doesn't allow it and I'm sure there was a seperate mode for it before, wasn't there, or am I going mad?

I tried but there's Race, Time Trial...a mode that doesn't let me change settings...and Drift.

you are so right, sorry for the confusion. I only races online and only tune with the track that are available online. Check out the online races to see what track are available and the PP ratings. Test tune you car based on that. Hope that works for you.

you are so right, sorry for the confusion. I only races online and only tune with the track that are available online. Check out the online races to see what track are available and the PP ratings. Test tune you car based on that. Hope that works for you.
Cheers 👍

I've tried to comprehend SCAFF's guides but it's still over my head. I'm a practical kind of fellow...so is there a simple and brief explanation for the content at all, like a 'For Dummies' book...something that describes cause and affect simply and briefly?

I've tried to comprehend SCAFF's guides but it's still over my head. I'm a practical kind of fellow...so is there a simple and brief explanation for the content at all, like a 'For Dummies' book...something that describes cause and affect simply and briefly?

The key words are traction, then understeer and oversteer.

I think Scaff already made a very good wrap up with those tables.
You can roughly use those tables for a "shortcut"

happy tuning :)

Back