Unnecessary Censorship in the GT6 Text Chat Window

The Dutch word 'hoe', what means how, is also censored. In dutch so many strange words are censored that I mainly write English in GT6, otherwise it is practically impossible to write a sentence in GT6. So annoying... :D

Spanish

Con (with)
Derrape (skid/drift) - contains "rape"
Antiderrape (SRF) - contains "rape"
Ahora (now)

facepalm...

also, about these:
Conrod - contains "con"
Wankel - contains "wank" (I suppose)
Classes - contains "ass"
Episode - contains "pis"
Piston - contains "pis"

German

Dass (that) - contains "ass"

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's still censored but skid (like skid recovery force) was censored, as well as magic and Tsukuba.

Tested these today and they are all uncensored

The Dutch word 'hoe', what means how, is also censored. In dutch so many strange words are censored that I mainly write English in GT6, otherwise it is practically impossible to write a sentence in GT6. So annoying... :D

Yes, hoe means something very different in english! :lol:

Thanks for all your finds everyone, I'll update the OP tomorrow when I get back online to verify them 👍

Words with "pis", "con", "ass", and "suk" will be censored regardless of what context they're used in. No explanation needed except for "con", which is a vulgar word in French. It's the same way in a PSN text chat room.

Words with "pis", "con", "ass", and "suk" will be censored regardless of what context they're used in. No explanation needed except for "con", which is a vulgar word in French. It's the same way in a PSN text chat room.
"Con" is absolutely ridiculous because its a very used word in spanish and obviously not offensive

Imagine a guy in a back alley selling Limited Slip Differentials to people.

"Hey man, you got it?"
"Yeah I got it. You got the money?"
"Oh yeah. Right here."
"Wanna try?"
"Sure........ Oh man, that's the stuff!" *Drifts around the corner*

If I recall correctly, 'Nazionale' (as in Monza) and 'SS' (as in Camaro) were censored back in GT5 because of connotations to a certain political party. Not sure if these have been fixed.

You're playing a G rated game. A game suitable for children. If you wish to play adult games, play games with adult ratings, although if you go online you will be confronted by the same 12 year olds who seem to occupy every GT6 lobby, so I guess it doesn't make much difference. Except that a R18 game won't have language constraints.

The very obvious point of this thread is to point out that there are a great variety of words being censored which have no reason to be censored.

And please tell us all how hiding the world from children prepares them for the world? I know when I need to prepare for something I find the best thing to do is to deny all knowledge of it. Do you have any evidence that a game suitable for children needs to be censored?

Maybe engi is something bad since engine was censored.

Engine is some kind of old term for American Indians...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back