Update 1.15 Undocumented Changes Thread

I have read in other threads that camber may have been tweaked, making the cars handle better/have more grip in corners. Anyone able to confirm this? I am off to the hospital tomorrow morning for a week so I won't be able to do any testing until after I get back, that's the reason I'm asking.
I'm the wrong person to ask whether camber is fixed.

Get out of that hospital in better shape than you'll be entering it.

Strange.. I swear it's the first time I notice it

Yep. In the rain or when it's drying, there's always been a difference of grip on and off the racing line, it's been there for as long as I can remember.

I noticed it a long time ago once, when I was braking with one side of the car on the shiny line and the other side off in the wetter part, it caused the car to pull to one side harshly. GT6 also simulates that being on the outside of a corner when it's pouring down is actually the better/grippier option, I was impressed with that.

As a joke undocumented change: Cinematic mode
- Take the 2X into Arcade mode.
- Watch the replay of the race with 5 or more of these cars close together
- Congratulations, you can now enjoy your movie like frame rate in the 20-30fps range.

In online races where there are required pit stops, there is an indicator at the bottom right of the screen telling you how many pit stops you still need to make to meet the minimum requirement of the race/lobby. I dont have a screenshot but it wasn't there prior to this update

In online races where there are required pit stops, there is an indicator at the bottom right of the screen telling you how many pit stops you still need to make to meet the minimum requirement of the race/lobby. I dont have a screenshot but it wasn't there prior to this update

It actually was. I remember being in a classic car racing lobby with forced Pit Stops.

Can anyone else confirm this is a new thing?

Edit: Tree'd

I think it was...

Not sure though.

Anyone else notice the insane new extreme sun glare in certain conditions, likeat the INFINITY CONCEPT seasonal,and that light sources look less square than usual?
Example...
10749922_914258855260272_7772887306383094404_o.jpg

Something I noticed right away while watching replays for photo ops,
When watching a replay, and skipping forward several laps, the screen would go blank for several seconds but you till heard audio and saw screen HUD. SInce 1.15 there no lag, it's immediate, much quicker.

Anyone else notice? Might just be my machine
I see an improvement too.

I think it wasn't. Nice addition.

I have to agree, I remember that right before the start a message showed up warning the player of the required number of pitstops he\she had to do. But I don't think an option that told you how many pitstops you have to do to comply to that limit was available pre-1.15.

I have read in other threads that camber may have been tweaked, making the cars handle better/have more grip in corners. Anyone able to confirm this? I am off to the hospital tomorrow morning for a week so I won't be able to do any testing until after I get back, that's the reason I'm asking.

I did notice some lovely balance in the Infinity VGT seasonal yesterday and thought "what a nice car to drive". But then I jumped in my previously understeery frozen black M4 for the 500pp online race and noticed it had similarly nice balanced feel to it..

Don't have the skill to judge / test the camber - but there might have been a change..

Can anyone else confirm this is a new thing?

Edit: Tree'd
Yeah, I can also confirm this. A nice addition so there is no more of the, "I wasn't aware of pitstops being mandatory' excuse!

I'm not sure, but I think that in Siracusa night (photomode) the frame-rate has increased a lot while doing the photos. Also, I see some weird shine on the floor of the scenery that I don't know if it was before

I will say that my Base Model HSV did a great job at the Nurburgring for the Holiday Seasonal. Its Camber was set at 1.5 front and rear. As nice and stable as that car ever was.

Of course, the SRF may have had something to do with it, but it had great turn in and get off out of a corner. It performed basically the same for the Seasonal at Laguna Seca with all aids OFF. So there may be something to it.

Does anyone have any issues with car pictures in the "Car Selection" screen appear quashed or compressed? It's been happening for a long time to me before this version though.

Not sure if this has been applied to other cars, but the Lotus 97T's sound has been tweaked, mainly the turbos are now very quiet (except the BOV).

I havent updated yet. Has the Nissan Bluebird 1600 Deluxe (510) '69, had its driver's door "indent" applied? The left side of the car has a manufacturing indent on its side from front to back. On the drivers side, it stops at the front of the driver's door, then picks up from the front of the rear passenger door.

Back