User contributed Gran Turismo Magazine

• Thread starter Schwadegan
  • 975 comments
Okay, Maybe a stock Mercedes SLR or Gallardo then?

Also, is there still not a deadline for the magazine? If so, I could get to work on it (For this edition or next one)

Yeah sure, either one. Still no deadline, so it should be in this or the next one.

Looks like you are making quite a lot of progress:)
I've let a friend of mine read the ''Born of An Addiction'' article , and he has found some faults. He's very good in English. 3 in the first page, and he's checking the other page right now. So expect a mail with the corrections today. I'm still working on the comparison, It takes a little bit longer than expected. I need some more time trying the cars out. Also, setting up a good tutorial that is easy to understand for everyone isn't easy either. I'm also trying to find some new ways of using the technique.

And I think it would be nicer if you don't post the new articles that come in and put them online when the magazine is completely finished. Just a suggestion.

Good to see there is so many animo for stuff like this. Really like it!

Im going with the SLR I think. Any excuse to buy it :D (Lets hope it sounds like its real life counterpart <3)

Just remembered I am writing up the classic car show, so I better hold on the "Supercar Killer" artical until next edition. :)

I've let a friend of mine read the ''Born of An Addiction'' article , and he has found some faults. He's very good in English. 3 in the first page, and he's checking the other page right now. So expect a mail with the corrections today. I'm still working on the comparison, It takes a little bit longer than expected. I need some more time trying the cars out. Also, setting up a good tutorial that is easy to understand for everyone isn't easy either. I'm also trying to find some new ways of using the technique.

And I think it would be nicer if you don't post the new articles that come in and put them online when the magazine is completely finished. Just a suggestion.

Great. And I haven't uploaded any of the other finished articles since the Drag racing one. As you say, I'd ruin the suprise :)

Great. And I haven't uploaded any of the other finished articles since the Drag racing one. As you say, I'd ruin the suprise :)

Any chance, if you have finished it, you can send me my artical? I want to show a couple of people.

Any chance, if you have finished it, you can send me my artical? I want to show a couple of people.

I haven't started working with yours yet, it is next in line though. :)
Article sent, going to start snapping pics here real soon.

Got it. Go shoot some beautiful photos!

I haven't started working with yours yet, it is next in line though. :)

Got it. Go shoot some beautiful photos!

Ok nice. I have decided to start working on the super car thing now and put the classic car thing (if you want it) in the 2nd edition. I will use the Ford GT as the yardstick, as it is the cheapest proper supercar... how big will the time slot between released magazines be, by the way? I am guessing 1 or 2 months?

preview.jpg

This is the very basic article structure I've been working on. I've been trying to keep it clean and manageable for the reader.
However obviously there are things I'm not quite pleased with, such as the header front (for the time being the same as the font in the body) as well as the page numbers which needs some further tweaking.

With that in mind, feel free to take a look at the .pdf here and let mo know your thoughts.

(By the way, the article is purely fictional so if anyone feels like writing it, go ahead!)

The typeset and layout are really good. I love the fact that it's quite simple and direct layout- photo on top with text underneath. While you my not want to do the same layout for each and every page- that would the publication seem mundane but I hope you keep to the same structure- not too much of the "texts wrapping around little photos" layout. I'm looking forward to reading the mag when it's finally out.

Ok nice. I have decided to start working on the super car thing now and put the classic car thing (if you want it) in the 2nd edition. I will use the Ford GT as the yardstick, as it is the cheapest proper supercar... how big will the time slot between released magazines be, by the way? I am guessing 1 or 2 months?

If you want to I think the classic car would fit nicely in this number and perhaps save the supercar for the next number? Your call.

I'm thinking something around every second month or so.

If you want to I think the classic car would fit nicely in this number and perhaps save the supercar for the next number? Your call.

I'm thinking something around every second month or so.

Meh, I better not save the supercar one as I don't know how well the car show will go in the 1st place. If by the 16th ( when the show is on ) the car show has gone nicely and I have written a story up before the mag has got a release date, then I will add the classic car show story.

Schwadegan,

Do you have any plans on when to release the magazine? And at how many pages are you aiming at?

How about November 24th? :sly:
No but seriously, first of all I aim to get a good variety among the articles to make it interesting to a large group of 'drivers'. Then to put the pieces together and really feel like one. I'd say about 60 to 75 pages, depending on the amount of photos going into the magazine. I find it hard to estimate, but I think it sounds a lot more than it actually is.

Personally I think February 14th would be a good date to show our love for GT, wouldn't you agree?

Oh and by the way, it's my birthday tomorrow so I most likely won't answer as fast or at all if you send me stuff or post here.

No but seriously, first of all I aim to get a good variety among the articles to make it interesting to a large group of 'drivers'. Then to put the pieces together and really feel like one. I'd say about 60 to 75 pages, depending on the amount of photos going into the magazine. I find it hard to estimate, but I think it sounds a lot more than it actually is.

Personally I think February 14th would be a good date to show our love for GT, wouldn't you agree?

Oh and by the way, it's my birthday tomorrow so I most likely won't answer as fast or at all if you send me stuff or post here.

Happy Birthday, buddy! :)

Schwadegan, I know I can no longer make articles for this issue of the magazine because i have already sent one in, but Ill post article topics here for those who want to make an article, but cant think of any.

"Legend of the Red Arrow"
The author personally tests and shares their experiences with the game's McLaren Cars (Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren &#8216;09, McLaren MP4-12C &#8216;10, McLaren F1 &#8216;94, BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car &#8216;97)
"Kissed the Bricks"
The author tells their story of completing the entire Indianapolis 500 in a FGT or the Brickyard 400 in a NASCAR at Indianapolis Motor Speedway(Author must set these races up in arcade mode).
"To Green Hell and Back"
The author tells their story of completing the entire 24 Hours at Nurburgring Endurance Race.
"The Bull and The Matador"
The author personally tests and shares their experiences with the game's Lamborghini Cars. Could also be used as a historical piece and a test piece. (Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 &#8216;67, Lamborghini Countach LP400 &#8216;74, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary &#8216;88, Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) &#8216;00, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 &#8216;08, Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 &#8216;09, Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce &#8216;09)
"From Junk to Hunk"
The author takes a few "junky" late eightys/nineties/early 2000's cars, and tunes them to the max, including cosmetic improvement (Spoilers, black carbon hood, colored body, colored rims(if possible), rims(if possible), aero parts). A test is done of each car to see how great the increase in performance is. This should be done as a before/after test.

Ill add more later :D

P.S. J2H is not like "The Junker Files", more like Pimp my Ride :lol:

Last edited:
Reminds me of GT4 when I used to do the BMI reviews. People would tune their cars, send me and 3 other judges the specs, then we'd drive them and rate them based on driving feel. Was a rather fun thing to do and could totally be implemented into the magazine in a similar fashion. I'd probably not be a judge though, since I don't have that much free time anymore. Maybe submit a tune of something though. I kinda miss being unemployed, lol.

Schwadegan, I know I can no longer make articles for this issue of the magazine because i have already sent one in, but Ill post article topics here for those who want to make an article, but cant think of any.

As long as it isn't too similar to anything already being sent in, go ahead and write it! I've never limited it to one article per magazine. (not intentionally anyway :boggled:)

And if it doesn't fit in anyhow, it will do so in the next edition :)

I like this idea. I think I'll submit an article on a review comparing my RL GTO MR to the one in the game. I think that would be a good topic to have as well. Users who own a RL version of an in game car could submit their reviews.

I like this idea. I think I'll submit an article on a review comparing my RL GTO MR to the one in the game. I think that would be a good topic to have as well. Users who own a RL version of an in game car could submit their reviews.

Oh yes do that! It'll be a really nice touch :)
I talked about doing this with someone before (I think via email), but sadly neither had a car featured in GT5.

Oh yes do that! It'll be a really nice touch :)
I talked about doing this with someone before (I think via email), but sadly neither had a car featured in GT5.

No problem. Just need to find some time to sit down and record data on both cars but shouldn't be a problem.

Happy birthday!
And yes, that's a great date. Although, next time release it at the start of the month or in the first week of the new month. I think it's essential the magazine comes out on a regular basis. People need to think in advance 'GTMagazine is coming out in 12 days!''. And were do you want to release the mag? Just here in this topic? I think you should contact Jordan and show him some of the work that has been completed already. Maybe it can be released at the front page?

@BigMackAttack

Wow, that looks great. But maybe you shouldn't show to much over here. It's much more fun to see it in the actual magazine.

I've brought it to Jordan's attention :). I won't give an answer one way or another about front-page news, but seeing as I do the weekly Photomode updates now, it's entirely possible.

I'll get an actual game-based story to you very shortly, Schwadegan. Happy birthday!

"Legend of the Red Arrow"
The author personally tests and shares their experiences with the game's McLaren Cars (Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ‘09, McLaren MP4-12C ‘10, McLaren F1 ‘94, BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car ‘97)
"Kissed the Bricks"
The author tells their story of completing the entire Indianapolis 500 in a FGT or the Brickyard 400 in a NASCAR at Indianapolis Motor Speedway(Author must set these races up in arcade mode).
"To Green Hell and Back"
The author tells their story of completing the entire 24 Hours at Nurburgring Endurance Race.
"The Bull and The Matador"
The author personally tests and shares their experiences with the game's Lamborghini Cars. Could also be used as a historical piece and a test piece. (Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 ‘67, Lamborghini Countach LP400 ‘74, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ‘88, Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) ‘00, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 ‘08, Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 ‘09, Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce ‘09)
"From Junk to Hunk"
The author takes a few "junky" late eightys/nineties/early 2000's cars, and tunes them to the max, including cosmetic improvement (Spoilers, black carbon hood, colored body, colored rims(if possible), rims(if possible), aero parts). A test is done of each car to see how great the increase in performance is. This should be done as a before/after test.

Ill add more later :D

P.S. J2H is not like "The Junker Files", more like Pimp my Ride :lol:

Mclaren is Silver Arrow...?

Back