User contributed Gran Turismo Magazine

• Thread starter Schwadegan
  • 975 comments
I've just sent in the text and images for my 'Italian Dream' article.

I have had to send 2 emails. The first contains all the text and most images, and the second just has some additional images for the article. :)

I've just sent in the text and images for my 'Italian Dream' article.

I have had to send 2 emails. The first contains all the text and most images, and the second just has some additional images for the article. :)

Good, no problem. I've replied to the email. 👍

Some info to the rest of you; I've currently received 4 separate articles and have a deal for one further, from different people. I've worked on the layout of two of them, and they are basically done. I'll finish at least one more today I think.
Also, from now on I'll list all articles approved for the magazine in the first post of this thread together with some info about the content.

This is brilliant!!! I would love to contribute with a story about the experiences and fun I have had with my own test track and a swavvy selection of supercars... Btw I think you should get someone to help you compile the articles or you may get swamped by people like me :)

Good idea about posting accepted articles in the 1st post!
It'll be interesting to see how the 1st issue turns out ;)

This sounds like a great idea and I will definitely be contributing. I think we're on to something big here. Would you mind if I sent you a zip folder, containing the pictures, the text, and a fully composed suggested layout? You don't have to use the layout if it doesn't fit into the style you have in mind. Looking forward to this!

This sounds like a great idea and I will definitely be contributing. I think we're on to something big here. Would you mind if I sent you a zip folder, containing the pictures, the text, and a fully composed suggested layout? You don't have to use the layout if it doesn't fit into the style you have in mind. Looking forward to this!

That would indeed work. Looking forward to see what you've got 👍

What a great idea. I really like the layouts I've seen so far.

Question: Is there a deadline for submissions for the first edition?

Fantastic idea! When I first noticed this thread and it didn't have that many posts yet, I already thought this was a good initiative, and the example on the OP makes this even better!
Can't wait to browse through the final result and the best of luck to you sir!.

I would love to add to this!! I can write articals for you, and would maybe (if you would allow) post some exclusive tunes into this aswell!!

I sent in my submission of The Junker Files (or whatever you want to call it).
Reading it now. 👍 You got an email.

Fantastic idea! When I first noticed this thread and it didn't have that many posts yet, I already thought this was a good initiative, and the example on the OP makes this even better!
Can't wait to browse through the final result and the best of luck to you sir!.
Thank you very much!

Now writing up a review on the AC Cobra. :)

Lets see if you can make me like that car then ;)

I made yet another update in the first post about articles in the making (and added color-coding).

Last edited:
Well, its more of a personal experience with the car but it could be classed as a review too. :)

I am sure, or atleast hope that you will like it!

By the way, I am holding a classic car event on the 16th of January, maybe I could write up the story of it if all goes well, and add the pictures taken on the event?

By the way, I am holding a classic car event on the 16th of January, maybe I could write up the story of it if all goes well, and add the pictures taken on the event?

Sure. You can send me all your ideas at granturismo.mag@gmail.com as they occur to you.

I really like the Junker Files idea thing. Also , I've started work on the EU VS USA VS Japanese article. The basics are there , but there are a lot of things that could be better so I will finish it tomorrow and will start to take the pictures. It took me quite a long time , but I think I got a good simple way to use the technique told you about. I will start writing that too if time lets me. The thing is , I didn't really find a useful tutorial so I decided to make one myself.

"On The Limits Of Grip With A Venomous Snake" Sent.

Not sure if I like the title though, change it if you want :)

viewer

...Didn't realize how much google docs...compresses stuff :x

Hi there,
I sent in an email containing my review last night/early morning, but it was in a .txt file, somewhat scruffy and riddled with a couple of spelling mistakes. (I was tired :()

I have just sent the final copy, and am just wondering if you recieved it.

Thanks,
Jake.

wow, 23! How long are we making it?
Wards Autoworld Long? (Really Short)
Motor Trend Long? (In the Middle)
Top Gear Magazine Long? (Weigh down your Rear bumper Long)

I'd like to give this a whirl if you don't mind.....planning article regarding driving through Europe in a few Japanese sports coupes, the '89 300ZX, '88 Supra, and '90 RX-7GT-X. The article is to be titled 3 Years, 3 Cars, 3,000 Miles.

wow, 23! How long are we making it?
Wards Autoworld Long? (Really Short)
Motor Trend Long? (In the Middle)
Top Gear Magazine Long? (Weigh down your Rear bumper Long)

The ~23 pages are spread over 5 articles. I wouldn't mind doing a Weigh down your Rear bumper Long magazine at all, it'd be awesome. :)

I'd like to give this a whirl if you don't mind.....planning article regarding driving through Europe in a few Japanese sports coupes, the '89 300ZX, '88 Supra, and '90 RX-7GT-X. The article is to be titled 3 Years, 3 Cars, 3,000 Miles.

Go for it! Don't forget to bring lots of good pictures :)

Hey again,
An idea would be to maybe have a Ferrari set a lap around a track, and in every issue have a bunch of cheap cars with light mods that could match/beat the ferraris time?

I dont know if this is too close to the junker files idea...

Hey again,
An idea would be to maybe have a Ferrari set a lap around a track, and in every issue have a bunch of cheap cars with light mods that could match/beat the ferraris time?

I dont know if this is too close to the junker files idea...

That's not a bad idea. I imaginge this wouldn't be a regular article but rather a single massive one since the cars will take quite some time to tune - therefrore not conflicting with the junker files. And maybe use another car than a Ferrari, as we've already got quite a lot of them in this number of the magazine so far. This reminds me of a thread I read yesterday:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155880

It's always great to beat supercars with an everyday car :D

EDIT: I've contacted the author of that post to see if he is willing to write a full story based on his post about the RS4.

Last edited:
Damn i haven't even had time to write my article.
I changed it from the Skyline to one about the XJ13.

That's not a bad idea. I imaginge this wouldn't be a regular article but rather a single massive one since the cars will take quite some time to tune - therefrore not conflicting with the junker files. And maybe use another car than a Ferrari, as we've already got quite a lot of them in this number of the magazine so far. This reminds me of a thread I read yesterday:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155880

It's always great to beat supercars with an everyday car :D

EDIT: I've contacted the author of that post to see if he is willing to write a full story based on his post about the RS4.

Okay, Maybe a stock Mercedes SLR or Gallardo then?

Also, is there still not a deadline for the magazine? If so, I could get to work on it (For this edition or next one)

Back