Wallbanger's 2nd Annual FF Summer Shootout

We need to start remote racing Ronald's Bspec guys to death. Ronald, make six of them and put 5 on share. We will level them up in no time.

I'll bust out my remote races tonight and try to leave it up over the weekend. I'll set yours to use every race in my widget. :D If anyone else wants in make sure your drivers are on share!

Well guys ive been missing for most of the past week, due to training for my new job position. Did i miss the dead line to update my tune? If so, ill just roll with my current tune for round 2.

Johnyboy532
Well guys ive been missing for most of the past week, due to training for my new job position. Did i miss the dead line to update my tune? If so, ill just roll with my current tune for round 2.

You will need to update your final drive gear at a minimum. New track is Daytona road course.

Well I'm not a fan of Daytona road course, the high speed turn is a killer to tune for without sacrificing too much time anywhere else. Well this is what I came up with to suit both tracks. I first focused on making the car rotate more on gravel and making the car turn in better on the faster turns at Daytona.

Transmission:
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
Final:
Top speed:

Well I'm not a fan of Daytona road course, the high speed turn is a killer to tune for without sacrificing too much time anywhere else. Well this is what I came up with to suit both tracks. I first focused on making the car rotate more on gravel and making the car turn in better on the faster turns at Daytona. I've noticed I have to brake slightly earlier than I want to, with this tune to make it around some of the flat turns. I believe my LSD will be my downfall on some corners I couldn't find a solid balance between grip and acceleration. I hope you testers like the car its back on share.

Transmission:
1st: 3.390
2nd: 2.515
3rd: 2.015
4th: 1.670
5th: 1.415
6th: 1.155
Final: 3.150
Top speed: 112

LSD: 10/35/5

Suspension:

Ride height: -25/-15
Spring Rate: 11.0/13.0
Dampers E: 5/7
Dampers C: 5/7
Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 1.3/.7
Toe: -.20/-.20
Brakes: 6/5

Okay, I will start testing all cars now. ACSR your car is not there, other then that.... I hate driving rally :grumpy:

Okay, I will start testing all cars now. ACSR your car is not there, other then that.... I hate driving rally :grumpy:

Odd; It showed my car was there since putting it back on share from the revision. I went ahead and reloaded it again so it should be there now. :)

If your looking for my class A entry it got KO'd in the first round. :(

ACSR421
Odd; It showed my car was there since putting it back on share from the revision. I went ahead and reloaded it again so it should be there now. :)

If your looking for my class A entry it got KO'd in the first round. :(

Ya, I'm probably just an old blind fool :dunce:

Testing will resume tomorrow :D

Class A Round 2 testing is going well... so far 4/6 tests complete. I still need to test the two Cervo's... MotorCityHami's wasn't appearing on share and Tris_73's has a low top speed (I think it was about 115mph) at Daytona so I have not tested it yet.

The testing I've complete thus far was fast, fun, and technical! Especially the Daytona road course! :scared::dopey:👍

MotorCityHami's wasn't appearing on share

GTP_Ronald is to be hosting my car for round 2 with only one change from round one, the final gear ratio. Ronald, I don't see my car in your share list.

I do have another copy of the car but it has chassis reinforcement done to it and it isn't fully broken in.

I'll put it up, MCH, as soon as I can. My PS3 is overheating and won't read the disk. Sorry.

Tris_73's has a low top speed (I think it was about 115mph) at Daytona so I have not tested it yet.

Ehh? I did change the trans specifically for that track. Are you sharing it from me? Or building your own? I haven't updated the written settings for it anywhere.

I'll have a look when I get off work today to make sure the changes happened to the shared car.. :odd:

Edit: come to think of it, I may not have had the right settings page selected when putting it back on share. 7 or so hours until I can check though.

Ronald, when you get to testing the one I sent you, could you check the transmission settings? It should have a reeaaaaaly long 7th gear.

Will do. 👍

MCHs' Cervo (silver w/purple wheels) is on share on my account. I doubke checked the tune and adjusted final gear to 4.725.

The other Carvo (Mys Violet Purple) is ready. And yes, 7th is looooooooong.

@Krenkme: I can't find your V2 for the Vitz.
@JohnyBoy: are you using the power-limiter? Or ballast? I'm at 444pp before I install the permanent mods.

Last edited:
Ronald6

I know. I keep forgetting to pull it off share, write down my updated transmission, and return it to share. Next time I'm near my PS3 I will make sure to do that.

Well, ladies and gents, welcome to the:

Sega Powerboard in DAYTONAAAAAA! (and Eiger)

All tests were conducted with a Dual Shock 3. I used a Manual transmission, and all helps minus ABS were off. Control Sensibillity was 3, and real Grip reduction was on.

Daytona Road Course
1st: trackripper's Mazda Kusabi 2.13.670
2nd: ACSR's Mazda Kusabi 2.14.993
3rd: Johnyboy's Honda CR-Z 2.15.914
4th: Theo's Nissan Micra 2.15.973
5th: Harvey's Honda CR-Z 2.16.060
6th: Krenk's Toyota Vitz 2.16.623
7th: Moparisgod's Fiat 500 2.17.548
8th: Onboy's Honda Fit 2.18.121

Eiger
1st: Acsr's Mazda Kusabi 1.12.774
2nd: Trackripper's Mazda Kusabi 1.13.546
3rd: Theo's Nissan Micra 1.13.863
4th: Krenk's Toyota Vitz 1.13.988
5th: Harvey's Honda CR-Z 1.14.641
6th: Onboy's Honda Fit 1.15.690
7th: Johnyboy's Honda CR-Z 1.16.034
8th: moparisgod's Fiat 500 1.16.124

Travel Log

My opinions about the best 8.

Onboy's Honda Fit
This car is solid, but it doesn't feel much fast on the road courses. The handling doesn't have any nasty surprises, but it lacks that "lively" factor. On the dirt, though, it is a blast to drive. You can really throw this around corners and there is little in terms of heavy steering. Pretty fun on the dirt, but as for road cars, you can do better. Maybe it could be better if it wasn't rushed...

Moparisgod's Fiat 500

This car was pretty good in the first test session, but the tranny was getting in the way of faster times, as it was hitting the limiter too often. But with a Krenkme-built transmission, this car can now use all of its potential in the right manner. The light, small body is very agile, and the chassis can handle the power well. It sounds good, and it has good speed for a 500. The reason why it ranked so low on Daytona was the lack of power against the other cars. On shorter tracks, this car is as good as it can be. It was a bit rough on Eiger, but that may be because of my poor rally skills... Either way, it's a very good car for a first try, and the 2nd best "rookie" of the shootout.

Krenkme's Toyota Vitz

First of all, this car earns the award for the stupidest name of the shootout. Haha, I'm kidding, but it is a silly name. As for the car, it has a solid handling, with very little oversteer. Goes like a stabbed rat, but it is not as agile as Harvey's CR-Z. But since is by far more exciting than a stock Vitz, I can let that slide. It's fun in the good old Clueless way, not superfast, but a pretty fun ride to drive.

Harvey's Honda CR-Z

Harvey had a few issues trying to tune the CR-Z, but I think he did well. Besides the somewhat stiff steering, which is prone to lack of rotation on a few corners, the handling is good. Plenty of grip, and the response from the steering is pretty quick. On the rally stages, it wasn't that good, but the same happened with the other CR-Z. Considering it doesn't have a turbo, the engine response is fantastic. It ain't that loud, but sounds can be deceiving... And with that light body, it managed a faster time than krenk's Toyota. It is a swift Katana, slicing its rivals with grace and precision.

Theo's Nissan March

One of the funniest cars to drive of all the shootout. There is something about this car that I can't point my finger at. If felt good to drive on all the test tracks, from Laguna to Eiger. It has that "lively" factor that is missing on most of the cars here. The first corner at Daytona was done flawlessly in this. The steering is quick and it's not as stiff as the one on the CR-Z's. Plus, it is a blast to drive on dirt tracks, just like Onboy's car. Sure, I haven't followed Theo's instructions on how to drive this car properly, but as for driving really fast around a track, this car does pretty damm well.

Johnyboy's Honda CR-Z

The surprise of the shootout to me. It was way faster than I thought it would be. And it has less power than Harvey's own Honda! Just like the Katana, the steering feels somewhat stiff sometimes due to the lack of rotation. But as for the rest, this car is a monster. I don't know how Johnyboy did it, but he created one hell of a hybrid. Grip? Always. A hyper quick response in handling? Yup. It is not that good on the dirt, but as a road car, this thing is pretty damm good. The fastest non-concept car of the Powerboard. 'Nuff said.

Trackripper's Mazda Kusabi

And now we have the best 2 cars of the shootout. It is pretty hard to tell these two apart by just looking at them. But when you drive 'em, the differences are more clear. Rip's car is more of a powerhouse, focusing on speed rather than handling. Mind you, that doesn't mean the car can't handle, because the Kusabi's chassis is a Doozie. I didn't knew that the Mazda's could be this agile. But it lacks the acute feeling of the other Kusabi. It is quicker on tracks with longer straights, but it's not as fun as its brother... But either way, this thing is a amazing car. Remember, it took ACSR bringing another Mazda to beat Rip's hyper fast time at Laguna!

ACSR's Mazda Kusabi

Last edited:
Here are the results of Round 2 Class A testing at the high speed Daytona Road Course and the rally driving of Eiger Nordwand W Trail.

Testing Details
Tests were conducted with four laps at each track. A special note of that the insight could only complete three laps of Daytona before the batterys gave out. The best obtained lap time of each course was combined into a total time. Game settings include TCS off, ABS 1, Fuel/Damage off, Grip Real, and Controller Sensitivity 4. These tests were conducted using the Dualshock 3 controller.

Results
classaround2.jpg

Feedback
XDesperado67 Daihatsu Mira TR-XX Avanzato R '97, "Pocket Monster Type R"
This Mira is was very fast at Daytona, clocking 138mph (only 3mph slower than the fastest Class A car tested) before braking for the first corner. Braking took me a lap to get a hold of but then the car slows and slides into the corners in a fairly controlled manner. Accleration after an apex was good with just a hint of wheel spin. The Mira was good off road with decent acceleration throughout the Nordwand W. The chassis was difficult to keep on target when sliding into a turn but that’s mostly a driver issue. This is a very fast car for the experienced driver. This still lives up to being a Monster on or off road!

Krenkme BE-1 ‘87
The BE-1 was very easy to pick a line or late brake into a bend. The balanced chassis allowed for great controllable entry and exit through the high speed sections. The car’s top speed of about 126mph and acceleration were the only things holding it back at Daytona. The BE-1 top speed wasn’t a factor on the Nordwand W gravel surface. The setup works great off-road and can the driver can toss it into a corner with ease. The engine has plenty of power to pull its self around on accelerate out each turn. Great, this car is easy enough to drive and would be a useful tool for learning rally stages. Fun little rally car!

trackripper123 Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
This car was very quick around the Daytona road course. The entry and exit around turns were easily controllable. The acceleration was wonderful around this track and the top speed of 130mph wasn’t slow by any means. This tune works just as well at Nordwand W trail. The car has great traction and can easily accelerate speed in any section of the course. Cornering feel is sharp and acceleration is very good. This is the most balanced tune considering the need for high speed at Daytona and acceleration on gravel at the Nordwand. An amazingly balanced rally car and it’s a Copen!

Tris_73 Suzuki Cervo SR ‘07
First thing you notice when driving this car is the really long 7th gear. The handling worked great under all circumstances and the tuning allowed for acceleration immediately after the apex. The low amount of power was the only down side to the tune little Cervo accelerated slowly on this high speed course and topped out at 116mph at Daytona. You can completely realize the reason behind the close gearing transmission once you take this tune on gravel. The car feels sharp and agile with little to no understeer. It can safely accelerate out of corners and here the low top doesn’t matter one bit. At the Nordwand W trail this little rally car is very good!

Motor City Hami Suzuki Cervo SR ‘07
The Suzuki was fairly easy to drive at Daytona with its close ratio transmission. The top speed of 117mph was reached quickly and the driver must be careful not to bounce the needle of the limiter. Braking into most corners and the Cervo’s chassis is predictable and ready to accelerate out of the apex. This tune is a rally with its low top speed and amazing performance off road. This car has such great grip and acceleration on the gravel surface. You can toss it into a bend and the front will pull you around and onward to the next corner. Just as in Round 1, all the driver needs to do is brake, point and go! What a great rally car!

Thank you tuners and XDesperado67 for the opportunity to test these fun, amazing, little FWD rally cars. :cheers::gtpflag:

Sorry for double posting, but the question mark on Krenk's time is because of his gearbox issues. So, I'll think I'll drive the car again when it has a new tranny, and see if there is any difference.

Niku Driver HC
Sorry for double posting, but the question mark on Krenk's time is because of his gearbox issues. So, I'll think I'll drive the car again when it has a new tranny, and see if there is any difference.

If you used the car on share, that is the final transmission... unless it didn't save before I put it on share. If it red lines then it didn't save and I'll need to readjust it again. Sorry for the problems

If you used the car on share, that is the final transmission... unless it didn't save before I put it on share. If it red lines then it didn't save and I'll need to readjust it again. Sorry for the problems

Actually, now I remember, it didn't redline at all, so I probably used V2. So your time stands. No worries.:)

Well, ladies and gents, welcome to the:

Sega Powerboard in DAYTONAAAAAA! (and Eiger)

Daytona Road Course
1st: trackripper's Mazda Kusabi 2.13.670
2nd: ACSR's Mazda Kusabi 2.14.993
3rd: Johnyboy's Honda CR-Z 2.15.914
4th: Theo's Nissan Micra 2.15.973
5th: Harvey's Honda CR-Z 2.16.060
6th: Krenk's Toyota Vitz 2.16.623 (?)
7th: Moparisgod's Fiat 500 2.17.548
8th: Onboy's Honda Fit 2.18.121

Here are the results of Round 2 Class A testing at the high speed Daytona Road Course and the rally driving of Eiger Nordwand W Trail.

Testing Details
Tests were conducted with four laps at each track. A special note of that the insight could only complete three laps of Daytona before the batterys gave out. The best obtained lap time of each course was combined into a total time. Game settings include TCS off, ABS 1, Fuel/Damage off, Grip Real, and Controller Sensitivity 4. These tests were conducted using the Dualshock 3 controller.

Results
classaround2.jpg

trackripper123 Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
This car was very quick around the Daytona road course. The entry and exit around turns were easily controllable. The acceleration was wonderful around this track and the top speed of 130mph wasn’t slow by any means. This tune works just as well at Nordwand W trail. The car has great traction and can easily accelerate speed in any section of the course. Cornering feel is sharp and acceleration is very good. This is the most balanced tune considering the need for high speed at Daytona and acceleration on gravel at the Nordwand. An amazingly balanced rally car and it’s a Copen!

Wow. I think this was really a case of "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". :lol: Just the tranny adjustment, and a few small suspension tweaks, but good to see both tunes are working for both of you drivers. :)

Thanks for the feedback too Theo, I actually had some trouble with it at the W trail, but well, I'm not the best driver anyway. :P

Last edited:
Sorry for not getting this up before. Here is the new transmission settings for the three cars I have on share (my two and moparisgod)

krenkme Be-1
GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 93
1st - 3.670
2nd - 2.745
3rd - 2.090
4th - 1.670
5th - 1.375
Final - 2.500

krenkme Vitz
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 112
1st - 3.045
2nd - 2.260
3rd - 1.730
4th - 1.365
5th - 1.127
Final - 2.850

moparisgod Fiat 500
Gearing was matched to the numbers of the close-ratio that was on the tune and then final gear adjusted

Reset to Default
Top Speed - 99
1st - 3.804
2nd - 2.709
3rd - 2.045
4th - 1.627
5th - 1.276
Final - 2.560

sorry for the delay. Don't know if/when I'll finish my testing, but I hope before the deadline... whenever that might be :dopey:

Will do. 👍

MCHs' Cervo (silver w/purple wheels) is on share on my account. I doubke checked the tune and adjusted final gear to 4.725.

The other Carvo (Mys Violet Purple) is ready. And yes, 7th is looooooooong.

@JohnyBoy: are you using the power-limiter? Or ballast? I'm at 444pp before I install the permanent mods.

Yes im using the power limiter sorry about the delay i forgot to mention that in my updated tune i just posted what changed from my previous tune. Again sorry about the confusion the car should be on share now that its updated.

I don't think I will be able to test the CRZs. My machine lock up whenever I try to load it, or soon after. I can't get them up to 200 miles. Sorry.

Back