Wallbanger's 2nd Annual FF Summer Shootout

Onboy123
Eh, it's fine, though I might prefer to run my own gearbox since, being a shootout, it seems better to run with a car that's 100% my own work. Just mild paranoia, I suppose, but just in case.

Neither do I, I must be sniffing something when I typed that. ;) :lol:

Sorry again. The car has been sent and I will not be near a PS3 for awhile. So if someone can write down your settings and send them to Roland that would be great.

Niku Driver HC
Hey, Onboy, you're not meant to defect to the enemy!:grumpy::dopey: Well, considering your recent list of "things to do", I guess you need help getting things done before you leave for Taiwan, right?

He just can't resist the power of stupidity :dopey:

Noted, will edit the car later.
Thanks.

Sorry for making you go back and forth with this…I should leave a massive size 7 post informing you all of the plans for my car if I'm planning on leaving any time soon. :lol:

Onboy123
Sorry for making you go back and forth with this…I should leave a massive size 7 post informing you all of the plans for my car if I'm planning on leaving any time soon. :lol:

It's just the transmission, I got all the rest the way you asked. Plus I prefer you use your tranny settings, because mine are better :dopey:

I'm starting round 2 testing now.

I will eventually get to Group A cars but for now G:B R2 and the '86 Shootout take priority.

Just wrote down the 8 finalists and their vehicles. First thought: how eclectic. One of each car, except the Kusabi. "Best of the best." Comes to mind. Cool.

Will edit with results:
(T1 : first round through on the unfamiliar track. Fi : final times.)

Desperado: CRZ:
Krenkme: Vitz:
ACSR421: Kusabi:
Trackripper123: Kusabi: 2:12.963 (T1)
Theo777: Micra:
Onboy123: Jazz: 2:15.692 (T1)
Johnyboy532: CRZ:
Moparisgod: 500:

Notes:
OnBoy:
Trail-breaking is impossible, any turning of the wheel while breaking just results in loss of break grip.
Far too long of gears. Going from past the red line in second to third it sometimes will bog so badly it loses 500rpm.

Last edited:
I expect it to be like this, really.

ACSR
Trackripper
|
| (some more results)
|
|
v
Me (last, that is).

:lol:

Onboy123
I expect it to be like this, really.

I tried not too, but I laughed.

It's not over till the skinny-a$$ Marine sings. (Oh yes, and the other drivers too. ;) )

The Jazz is Onboys....it was just painted that way for... ummmm...I'm not sure :dopey:.....white makes it go faster :D

What's really the issue here is that I know, 70/80% sure, that that's how it'll end up. :lol: The Jazz doesn't have much business up there, really.

For a quick check of the tune, just check the diff settings, it's 5/10/5. I doubt Krenkme would be that insane and use those extreme numbers on sports hard tyres. Yet.

Onboy123
What's really the issue here is that I know, 70/80% sure, that that's how it'll end up. :lol: The Jazz doesn't have much business up there, really.

For a quick check of the tune, just check the diff settings, it's 5/10/5. I doubt Krenkme would be that insane and use those extreme numbers on sports hard tyres. Yet.

Relax it's your tune...aside from the paint and transmission :dopey:

Double checked the Jazz. It matches your new settings. Now... if I could only remember which tracks? Too many shootouts!

Ok, Road Course Daytona and
Eiger Norwand W Trail? Sounds right.

Edit: OMG. I do not know this track! (Daytona) I'm too embarrassed to show my times, lol. Can I just list the fastest to slowest?

2:18.746 probably isn't the target time you're looking for, lol.

Edit2: Harvey, you're a cruel (censored) to make me drive this track.

Last edited:
Double checked the Jazz. It matches your new settings. Now... if I could only remember which tracks? Too many shootouts!

Edit: OMG. I do not know this track! (Daytona) I'm too embarrassed to show my times, lol. Can I just list the fastest to slowest?

Don't take your first lap as the lap time you post, there's a good 20mph to be found from using the 1st lap as a rolling start. :P That's 2+ seconds. At least, I think.

Hey Roland you'll need to hold off on testing my CR-Z for a bit longer as I've not finished tweaking the settings. Pretty sure the one I have on share currently would be bouncing off the rev limiter around the banked sections.

Edit2: Harvey, you're a cruel (censored) to make me drive this track.
Road Course - Daytona is definitely a different track from just about any other. The hardest part for me is getting the turn off the start/finish section of the oval onto the road course section. Braking properly from top speed on the slight bank to hit the transition to the flat track while getting the car to rotate into the the decreasing radius turn can be a real 🤬:lol: This track should really show the difference between those who have good setups and those who have great setups.:crazy:

And those drivers who are skillful and those who are all talk.

I'm (censored). Lol

Its a fun course. I've never enjoyed it before but the only races I remember are with a FGT and NASCAR. Neither of which I like to drive against AI.

So far I only have one Round 2 car to test. It drifts beautifully into that corner. 30% of the time, the other 70% I'm chewing grass. It's great fun when I hit it. As I get more cars and variable styles I'll understand the track better.

This shootout rocks. It's like a couch cracking the whip on mile 26 of a marathon, "You call that pushing! You don't know how to push a car! Now give me 27 more miles."

I updated the settings of both tunes and placed them on share for Round 2. I'll have the tune revisions posted soon.

@Ronald and Motor City: I don't have a second Insight at the moment but I do have a '03 Micra. Its ended up with 1hp more power and 2kg more weight at 430pp. I applied some power limiting of 99.8% and was able to reach the proper 200hp/902kg. I'll send that right away! :dopey:

Class A Round 2: Honda Insight '99 Insight Type-R 405PP
Power: 164 hp
Torque: 163 ft-lbs
Weight: 889 kg
PP: 405pp

Power Limiter: 100%
Ballast: 129kg/+50
Aero: 0/0

Transmission
reset to default
Set Top Speed: 99mph
1st: 4.131
2nd: 2.932
3rd: 2.247
4th: 1.831
5th: 1.525
Final Gear: 2.247
Top Speed will be:145mph

Drivetrain
LSD Front: 6/15/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -14/-22
Spring Rate: 5.6/2.3
Extension: 5/3
Compression: 5/3
Anti-Roll: 2/5
Camber: 2.1/1.9
Toe: -0.16/-0.04

Brake Balance: 4/6

Class B Round 2: Nissan Micra '03 "Micra Machine" 430PP
Power: 200 hp
Torque: 174 ft-lbs
Weight: 902 kg
PP: 430 pp

Power Limiter: 100%
Ballast: 102kg/+50
Aero: 0/0

Transmission
reset to default
Set Top Speed: 99mph
1st: 3.177
2nd: 2.389
3rd: 1.887
4th: 1.547
5th: 1.289
Final Gear: 2.500
Top Speed will be:155mph

Drivetrain
LSD Rear: 8/16/5

Suspension
Ride Height: +10/+10
Spring Rate: 5.6/2.4
Extension: 5/3
Compression: 5/3
Anti-Roll: 2/4
Camber: 1.8/1.6
Toe: -0.10/0.05

Brake Balance: 5/6

Last edited:
Sorry to interupt here guys but @Motor City Hami and @Ronald6 - all FITT cars have been safely sent on their way and should be waiting for Ronald in his GB... enjoy and good luck....

Honda CR-Z '10, "Katana"
Final Round Class B settings.

Transmission
1) Reset Transmission to default
2) Set final gear to 5.500
3) Set top speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows
1st 2.450
2nd 2.6060
3rd 1.655
4th 1.345
5th 1.100
6th 0.935
5) Set final gear to 3.690
Should show 161mph as top speed in upper right.

LSD
Initial 7
Acceleration 14
Braking 56

Suspension
Camber F3.2 R1.2
Toe F-0.20 R0.00
Ride Height F0 R-25
Spring Rate F11.6 R14.0
Dampers (Extension) F2 R4
Dampers (Compression) F4 R6
Anti-Roll Bars F1 R7

Brakes
F0 R6

Car should be on share with the above listed settings in the next 10 minutes or so.👍👍

Note for my "Katana" people driving with a manual transmission may have issues with the gears as I set them up using an automatic transmission and they may require to many gear changes mid corner when driving manual.

Also I have no clue how my adjustments will affect its performance on Eiger Nordwand W as I didn't take the time to test there.:dunce: Turn in and overall handling on tarmac should be a bit crisper than they were though.

Daihatsu Mira TR-XX Avanzato '97, "Pocket Monster Type R"
Class A Final round adjustments.

Ballast
200kg at +17

Power Limiter
92.6%

Transmission
1) Set to default
2) Set final gear to 5.500
3) Set top speed to 87mph
4) Set gears as follows
1st=2.535
2nd=2.005
3rd=1.605
4th=1.300
5th=1.050
5) Set final gear to 3.340
Should give an indicated top speed of 147mph in upper right.

LSD
initial 10
acceleration 15
braking 60

Suspension
Camber F2.8 R1.8
Toe F0.00 R0.00
Ride Height F-5 R-25
Springs R14.6 F11.8
Dampers (E) F3 R2
Dampers (C) F7 R6
Anti-Roll Bars F3 R7

Brakes
F0 R6

Car is back on share with updated settings.
If any of the finalists haven't updated their tunes they need to do so post haste.
Testing for the final round is now officially open so good luck to all.:cheers:

Back