Wallbanger's 2nd Annual FF Summer Shootout

Ok, so testing for round 2 has started, I guess it's time to take it to other tracks! One was the Daytona RC, and the other was Eiger, which version of it is?

XDesperado - can you maybe update one of the first three posts with the detail about round 2. I'm not sure what tracks we're using and when the deadlines are. I need to update my gear final drive, but need time to get on the PS3 today or tomorrow.

XDesperado - can you maybe update one of the first three posts with the detail about round 2. I'm not sure what tracks we're using and when the deadlines are. I need to update my gear final drive, but need time to get on the PS3 today or tomorrow.
Third post now lists the tracks. Will add more information when I wake up, going to bed now.:drool:

Hey, I made it to round two :D. Only problem is I will not be near my GT5 for a few weeks (work). Would it be okay with all of you, and the host of my car, if krenkme builds me a tranny so I can compete :nervous:. If not I understand, but I feel bad for the testers (car was redlining at Laguna :yuck: )... of course that is if krenkme wanta to as well :D

Updated the Kusabi settings for round 2 on my settings page. Changes listed in red at bottom of post. :)

@Ronald I can send you a copy today after my daily limit reset.

Hey, I made it to round two :D. Only problem is I will not be near my GT5 for a few weeks (work). Would it be okay with all of you, and the host of my car, if krenkme builds me a tranny so I can compete :nervous:. If not I understand, but I feel bad for the testers (car was redlining at Laguna :yuck: )... of course that is if krenkme wanta to as well :D
Under the circumstances I wouldn't have an issue with the final gear being adjusted to keep the car from hitting the rev limiter but I don't think krenkme building an all new tranny is really acceptable.
Feeling in a generous mood I'll leave it up to the other finalists to decide what's allowable.

XDesperado67
Under the circumstances I wouldn't have an issue with the final gear being adjusted to keep the car from hitting the rev limiter but I don't think krenkme building an all new tranny is really acceptable.
Feeling in a generous mood I'll leave it up to the other finalists to decide what's allowable.

Just final gear, nothing else. That's fair I think. :)

I believe moparisgods' tranny was spaced for thrust, not corner syncing. How about just adjusting the final gear for redline?

Mazda Kusabi Concept '03
Found in UCD
430PP
193BHP, 236Nm, 999kg
FF

Parts
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Sports Hard tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 99kg @ 50

Engine
Power Limiter: 91.2%

Transmission
1st - 2.981
2nd - 2.162
3rd - 1.656
4th - 1.325
5th - 1.109
6th - 0.931
Final - 4.220
Max speed - 137mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: 8/-
Accel: 17/-
Braking: 6/-

Suspension
Ride height: 30/6
Spring Rate: 9.4/4.0
Extension: 6/5
Compression: 2/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/5
Camber: 2.6/2.1
Toe: -0.14/-0.33

Brakes
3/7

Changes to Transmission.

The car I sent you Ronald is bizarre in that I can't for the life of me recreate my tune exactly on the Kusabi I sent... the transmission seems odd. But oh well. If you have the time to spare maybe you could attempt to access my shared one, it might be better (or worse actually, I've no idea).

Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Found in NCD
405PP
162BHP, 189Nm, 888kg
FF

Parts
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Sports Hard tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 58kg @ 50

Engine
Power Limiter: 87.3%

Transmission
1st - 2.731
2nd - 2.037
3rd - 1.571
4th - 1.258
5th - 1.045
Final - 4.305
Max speed - 112mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: 5/-
Accel: 15/-
Braking: 6/-

Suspension
Ride height: 35/8
Spring Rate: 9.7/3.5
Extension: 7/6
Compression: 2/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/4
Camber: 2.6/2.1
Toe: -0.15/-0.30

Brakes
3/8

Changes to Transmission, Suspension and LSD.
Hopefully you can check these against the Copen you received Ronald. :)

@TrackRipper: your Kusabi tune you sent me looks identical to what you have listed, including the tranny. Except that you have engine stage 1 listed, but its not on the car, nor needed for PP.

Testing now.

Hey guys. Mopars car runs a close ratio transmission, but I could install a custom one and just adjust the top speed or final gear. If that's okay.

Ronald6
@TrackRipper: your Kusabi tune you sent me looks identical to what you have listed, including the tranny. Except that you have engine stage 1 listed, but its not on the car, nor needed for PP.

Testing now.

That would explain a lot, why the tranny settings didn't match up on bar positions but were fine on numbers etc etc. It should be ok... :lol:

Hey guys. Mopars car runs a close ratio transmission, but I could install a custom one and just adjust the top speed or final gear. If that's okay.
In that case I suggest a custom tranny, try to match the same gear ratios as the close ratio and then adjust the final drive so it doesn't hit red line. That way its running the same gears just has a different final.
Otherwise you would need to create an all new transmission tune which isn't really acceptable.:(

XDesperado67
In that case I suggest a custom tranny, try to match the same gear ratios as the close ratio and then adjust the final drive so it doesn't hit red line. That way its running the same gears just has a different final.
Otherwise you would need to create an all new transmission tune which isn't really acceptable.:(

All right. Mopars car will be down for a little bit while I do that 👍

EDIT- matched the exact numbers and adjusted final gear. Car is back up 👍

Last edited:
@Ronald just noticed an earlier post of yours has Johnyboy532s car for the finals listed incorrectly. He has a Honda CR-Z '10 same as my Class B entry. His was a touch faster in Round 1 hope my adjustments will help my "Katana" to catch him here in the Finals!:cheers:

Ronald, just read through your notes, few pointers.

1. Left foot brake, screw trailbraking for this thing, the brake balance makes it quite impossible.
2. Don't rev it pass the redline unless you're in 4th. Period. Gears aren't too long, really, it still redlines a bit on the back straight at 141mph, so I'd say that the final few gears might even need to be lengthened.

I do left foot break. It's the cars inability to accept both deceleration and turning that I'm commenting on. Some cars can, some can't. Yours can't. Adjust your driving style accordingly.

If I don't go higher into 2nd then 3rd is really long, 4800rpm entry or so.

Just sent a Fiat to GTP_Ronald with Mopars tune on it. I did not adjust the trans and Ronald should double check the tune.

Motor City Hami
Just sent a Fiat to GTP_Ronald with Mopars tune on it. I did not adjust the trans and Ronald should double check the tune.

I'll try and have the numbers up for my cars and mopars within the next 24hrs. So when Ronald tests them he can double check the gearing.

They are on share as final tunes... I just forgot to post the updated numbers :banghead:

XDesperado67's CR-Z built, painted, tune duplicated and ready to send to Ronald at the next game reset. Ronald will need to break it in and double check the tune. By my count, after I send X's car, Ronald should have all 2nd round cars in his own garage except for the Mazda Kusabi.

XDesperado67's CR-Z built, painted, tune duplicated and ready to send to Ronald at the next game reset. Ronald will need to break it in and double check the tune. By my count, after I send X's car, Ronald should have all 2nd round cars in his own garage except for the Mazda Kusabi.
Did you use my adjustments for Round 2?:odd:

Not a problem. As soon as I get connected. (Censored) dish connection.

I'm breaking in some cars now while I'm offline. Man, this sucks, lap after tedious lap in amazing cars. Shucks, whatever will I do. Oh, yeah, sit back and enjoy. Just because they were built for one track doesn't mean I can't enjoy them on some of my fav's while I break them in.

Not a problem. As soon as I get connected. (Censored) dish connection.

I'm breaking in some cars now while I'm offline. Man, this sucks, lap after tedious lap in amazing cars. Shucks, whatever will I do. Oh, yeah, sit back and enjoy. Just because they were built for one track doesn't mean I can't enjoy them on some of my fav's while I break them in.

Better method…if you don't mind your PS3 running all nighters:-
B-Spec GVS 300KM in car X overnight, win/lose doesn't matter, you get 300+kms on your car in the morning! And a very hot PS3, but it's a price to pay. :lol:

I thought of that. But I'm B-Spec lvl 5 currently. Can't do the enduros yet.

Can anyone help me remote B-Spec my Bobs?

Back