Wallbanger's Ring Masters Challenge (7/21/11, new challenge 10/17/11)

Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 - 204HP - 732KG - 478PP
7:19.684

I can get a pic up then if anyone wants it.
A picture would be nice.

I've updated the OP with your time and the links to your tunes.

Good work all around.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

I completely agree with you praiano. Would love to get reports on peoples attempts, what cars their trying, how their times look, where they are having difficulty or things that are working well.

I'd hoped with these challenges it might stimulate some sharing of ideas and techniques. Obviously because of different styles not everything works the same for everyone.
But if you look at the threads for the expert seasonal events you see the kind of sharing of information I'm talking about.
I would like to see this as a sort of cross between the straight time trial events and the expert seasonals. Don't know if that's realistic or not but that was my intent.

In that case I'll share some info on my attempts,
I've been trying the Daihatsu OFC-1 and can't get under 8 minutes (let alone 7"35"000)- the thing just doesn't have enough power (only 160bhp or thereabouts fully modded except using Mid-rpm turbo). It carries the speed well but just doesn't have enough outright speed- I can only get up to about 130mph on the long straight (even with higher gearing).
If you do try this car, though I'd advise against it, watch the high apexes as on my laps with it I nearly rolled it multiple times :scared:
Admittedly I'm not the best driver and am only on a DS3 so I reckon a decent driver with a wheel could possibly creep under 8 minutes.
I'm looking out for some Kei cars to generate in my UCD but as of yet- no luck :grumpy:

Ok guys I'm pretty sure I just pissed off the moderators of this site enough that I'm gonna get booted permanently. It was nice to know you cats. Despo, you can always hit me up the PSN. see ya round fellas.

I've been trying the Daihatsu OFC-1 and can't get under 8 minutes (let alone 7"35"000)- the thing just doesn't have enough power (only 160bhp or thereabouts fully modded except using Mid-rpm turbo). It carries the speed well but just doesn't have enough outright speed- I can only get up to about 130mph on the long straight (even with higher gearing).
If you do try this car, though I'd advise against it, watch the high apexes as on my laps with it I nearly rolled it multiple times :scared:
Admittedly I'm not the best driver and am only on a DS3 so I reckon a decent driver with a wheel could possibly creep under 8 minutes.
I'm looking out for some Kei cars to generate in my UCD but as of yet- no luck :grumpy:

The OFC-1 is so easy to drive , even with 149bhp/438pp this car can clock 7:50s and lower.

raVer

Hi, try this "Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 " ,it's faster than OFC-1 and easy to control. Tune it with the tune that fit better for you, and drive looking for a good line more than attack. don't brake too late and try to have a good speed out of corners. Quickly you'll take out 10 to 15" ,you'll see.
Put your fastest ghost everytime and race against to check where you did not good.
Good luck,have a good day.

That's the 3rd Ban today and it's not even 7am yet... :ill:
3rd?! Something is in the water today isn't there? The newer members are a bitÂ…arrogant, (sorry if this offended anyone, it's a bit much for a generalisation) and the not so new members are getting the boot for reasons that I can't quite fathomÂ…(For sin1ser case anyways) Anyways, who was the other 2?

The banishment was more than justified, we'll leave it at that.

I've been meaning to share my findings the past few days but never got a chance to sit down and throw them up here. Only have two that I've spent some serious time with:

Mini Marcos GT - Well, it's engine is double the allowable limit, and it's 70mm too long, but I always felt this compared to Keis far more than the super-FF's. In full tune it's fast (mostly because it's so light), and even with the tiny wheels, it doesn't torque-steer and hunt down the outside edge of turns. A lot of fun, very planted, very torquey. My first lap was comfortably under 7:30, and it had a major off. I'm going to revisit it just for curiosity now, even if it can't compete in the faster class.

Alfa 147 GTA - Ah, my favourite hyper-hatch of the last decade. Despite that giant engine up front, it's not that nose-heavy, or at least doesn't feel it much with RS tires. It can't touch the SRT4 for straight-line speed (topping out at 407hp, all found without forced induction too), but it's still quite fast and very well balanced. Up until trying the SRT4, this was the fastest FF car I've played with for a considerable amount of time in the game (seriously, I avoid them). It will easily crack the 7min barrier, but it won't hit that goal time for the class. It will compete with a stock 155 Touring Car around here, though!

Alfa 147 GTA - Ah, my favourite hyper-hatch of the last decade. Despite that giant engine up front, it's not that nose-heavy, or at least doesn't feel it much with RS tires. It can't touch the SRT4 for straight-line speed (topping out at 407hp, all found without forced induction too), but it's still quite fast and very well balanced. Up until trying the SRT4, this was the fastest FF car I've played with for a considerable amount of time in the game (seriously, I avoid them). It will easily crack the 7min barrier, but it won't hit that goal time for the class. It will compete with a stock 155 Touring Car around here, though!

I can help you with that, (Me, helping a mod?! A little fool like me, helping big person over there! :dopey:) Leonidae did a GTA tune for me, RS tyres, maxed out, so you could borrow it if you want, see what it could do in the hands of someone with proper skill.

Just can't seem to "Beat" the Kei challenge :). 7:59.xxx is all I've got so far, not enough torque, but I know there is more there. Just gotta keep trying :D

Just can't seem to "Beat" the Kei challenge :). 7:59.xxx is all I've got so far, not enough torque, but I know there is more there. Just gotta keep trying :D
Have you tried more powerful ones? There's easily 20 seconds or more between all these Kei cars.

I seem to have been distracted by the British Lightweights NĂĽrburgring race, and Praiano's awesome E-Type tune again...unfortunately I still can't beat 7:45 in the best of my Kei cars and I don't have anything great for the FF challenge. I will be hammering out a few laps in my Taurus SHO for good measure though :D

Also, since I seem to be sponsoring this, anyone who has a winning time so far should contact me with your request for a birthday ticket of your choice. I shall send PMs out when it's not 5am and I haven't just woken up ^_^

I seem to have been distracted by the British Lightweights NĂĽrburgring race, and Praiano's awesome E-Type tune again...unfortunately I still can't beat 7:45 in the best of my Kei cars and I don't have anything great for the FF challenge. I will be hammering out a few laps in my Taurus SHO for good measure though :D

Also, since I seem to be sponsoring this, anyone who has a winning time so far should contact me with your request for a birthday ticket of your choice. I shall send PMs out when it's not 5am and I haven't just woken up ^_^
Not to further distract you but have you tried Quicksilver my Spitfire tune in the British lightweight races? I have one on share if you want to check it out.

Also remember for the musclecar challenge its pre '80 cars.
Speaking of which is anyone besides praiano trying the musclecars out, and do I need to raise the time?

Praiano has a 7:10 with his Mach I currently...

I can help you with that, (Me, helping a mod?! A little fool like me, helping big person over there! :dopey:) Leonidae did a GTA tune for me, RS tyres, maxed out, so you could borrow it if you want, see what it could do in the hands of someone with proper skill.

Thanks Onboy, but it won't be necessary - No tune will get that car under 6:25, so I'll just be fiddling with it on my own as time allows :)

Hi, try this "Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 " ,it's faster than OFC-1 and easy to control. Tune it with the tune that fit better for you, and drive looking for a good line more than attack. don't brake too late and try to have a good speed out of corners. Quickly you'll take out 10 to 15" ,you'll see.
Put your fastest ghost everytime and race against to check where you did not good.
Good luck,have a good day.

Might just do this- I'm slowly getting better with the OFC-1 but it's not just fast enough. Hopefully i'll be closer to the 7"35"000 with this car đź‘Ť

Have you tried more powerful ones? There's easily 20 seconds or more between all these Kei cars.

No not yet, just trying to squeeze out all I can from this one before I try another one. Having lots of fun doing this challenge :D

I'm gonna give this a go in the Vintage Muscle Category. Probably will choose the Charger 440, Superbird or Camaro Z28. If I succeed I will post a pic up with my time. Anyone beat 7min in an American Vintage? Sports Mediums correct? And how do you know if the right tire was used? If all we are doing is posting a pic of our time?

I'm gonna give this a go in the Vintage Muscle Category. Probably will choose the Charger 440, Superbird or Camaro Z28. If I succeed I will post a pic up with my time.

Great! Run all of them I post results of winning times in the OP and a driver can have multiple cars with their times posted. I also link the cars to the tunes for them so if you post your tunes in your garage there will be a direct link to it. Finally the prize for beating the challenges can be won multiple times, once for each car you beat the time with.
Good luck and hope to see a Ring Master posted soon for the Classic Musclecars.đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Yea it says this in the OP:

C) Classic American Musclecar able to beat a time of 7:00.000 (Special restrictions; Pre '80, no Race Cars or RMed cars, Sports Medium tires maximum allowed.)

And it' s the harder challenge i think. The mustang mach1 work good, i'm only 10 seconds but will not be easy to take out.

I know this will be a challenge, but I think I am more "one with the car" (American Vintage) than the FF or Kei Cars. But since there is no power restrictions I think I can pull it off. Especially with the Superbird, my trans is set just right for that straightaway and it carries more horses and speed than the Mach 1. But the Mach 1 is definitely a good choice too, as it has aerodynamics you can adjust and is lightweight.

Hello docteur.For me it have a better grip better line with sport soft. So ,it's faster. For me.

Sport Soft or Sport Medium? If you've been using Sport Soft I need to either change the rule on tires or raise the time.

Hello docteur.For me it have a better grip better line with sport soft. So ,it's faster. For me.

Yea most likely so. The Challenger is a hand full to tame a full lap at the Ring. And the Charger is about equal in power but heavier. The Mach 1 is usually an ideal car for when not going all out in the Vintage Muscle Car category.

Latest Posts

Back