Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

That's it, so , laps times count more than the others criterions . total points = 40% speed + 20% driver's choice + 20% picture + 20 % weight .

That is what made this competition so great and unique, there was no perfect car to do this with. Which is why you had to pick which ones you wanted to excell in or if you wanted to try and have a nice even balance across all categories. It would have been even more interesting if some of the driver votes weren't penalising cars for being supercars, and focused more on their ease and pleasure of driving rather than what they looked like.

However it kept everything pretty even, and whoever wins this did the best job and will deserve it. ;)

Last edited:
Updated the final round score sheet with results. I saw that MrGrado posted he was unable to run the final cars but we need to get driver choice selections from GoSpeedGo and any results from Sheephead. I know he was driving the cars, did you have time to finish?

My thanks to all the drivers for you time with my car. Numbers say I'm near the back for speed but at least consensus is showing that at least it is a good drive. That and making it this far is a win for me. 👍 Again, thanks for the efforts!

Scoring for the Final Round works exactly the same way it did for the first round.

I'm a little confused here about the wild difference in your scoring between the First Round and the Final Round.

Your main concern about "Isabella" in the First round was what you felt was a slightly high LSD. My main changes to her was to reduce the LSD slightly and adjust the transmission for the tracks. Only other thing I can figure that might account for your difficulties would be the reduction of rear downforce, although in my testing the original setting for the rear downforce created a slight tendency towards understeer at mid corner and on corner exit...:odd:

For me the LSD was still way too high. Both Praiano and Baka had settings of 5-8/8/12 or something along those lines and they both worked fine. The DFGT, at least the way I have it set up anyway, doesn't allow for easy fine throttle control so a strong LSD is a killer for me. I had difficulty even getting close to a normal lap until well into the second run because where I'd normally put the power down I had to carefully ease into the throttle. The slightest excess throttle would lead to the back end coming around. For a GT type of car, I thought that was a fatal flaw.

It's not so much that the car is bad, it's not bad, it's just that everyone else was close to perfect in all phases of the drive so an imperfection of any signifcance leaves you with a big hurdle to get over. Sorry..:ouch:

For me the LSD was still way too high. Both Praiano and Baka had settings of 5-8/8/12 or something along those lines and they both worked fine. The DFGT, at least the way I have it set up anyway, doesn't allow for easy fine throttle control so a strong LSD is a killer for me. I had difficulty even getting close to a normal lap until well into the second run because where I'd normally put the power down I had to carefully ease into the throttle. The slightest excess throttle would lead to the back end coming around. For a GT type of car, I thought that was a fatal flaw.

It's not so much that the car is bad, it's not bad, it's just that everyone else was close to perfect in all phases of the drive so an imperfection of any signifcance leaves you with a big hurdle to get over. Sorry..:ouch:
No need to apologize I was simply curious.:) From your response I'm thinking it is more an issue of your wheel setup vs my controller setup than a serious problem with the car.

Thanks for the feedback as I can use it to aid in my future tuning, especially if I know a person will be using a certain type of control.:)

No need to apologize I was simply curious.:) From your response I'm thinking it is more an issue of your wheel setup vs my controller setup than a serious problem with the car.

Thanks for the feedback as I can use it to aid in my future tuning, especially if I know a person will be using a certain type of control.:)

One of the main reasons I got into tuning in the first place was in an effort to figure out LSD settings because the ones I found online just didn't work for me. I remember one of the first tunes I tried online was for the Raybrig NSX GT500 car and it had settings of something like 10/40/x. I drove it, lit up the rear end every corner and spun every corner and remember thinking to myself, "either this guy has no clue about tuning, or he's using completely different equipment from me and it works for him and not me". I also remember reading different tuners talking about exit oversteer and having to manipulate the throttle on exit and I didn't think that it had to be that way, real race cars didn't usually deal with that except for the most powerful.

So I ended up where I am now. On most RWD cars I am usually anywhere from 8/12 - 8/20 on RS tires. I tune the LSD so I can power down just about anywhere without inside wheelspin and without the back end coming around. I've never found any benefit to real strong Accel LSD settings in terms of laptimes either. I would assume it works with the DS3 though where you can have instantaneous oversteer correction and that's why the higher settings are used. The DFGT does allow for very precise steering inputs so using oversteer to correct for an understeer exit is not usually an issue for me. I'll just tune the understeer exit out with the suspension.

What's the deadline for test drive submissions? I thought I read something over the weekend in here that it was only hours away but I could be wrong.

Who won?
This certainly doesn't say.
Or are results yet to be posted?
Results are yet to be posted.:(

I'm trying to find out if a couple of the test drivers are going to post results or not. If I don't hear back from them soon I'll have madmyk adjust the scoresheet and post the Final results.

By the way praiano sent me a ticket for an Academy version 370Z to award as a special prize. I'm awarding praiano's prize to CSLACR as the "Weight Watchers Consolation Prize" because CSLACR missed making the finals by 1kg. Guess that was the result of an overly successful diet!:lol:

Last edited:

I'm trying to find out if a couple of the test drivers are going to post results or not. If I don't hear back from them soon I'll have madmyk adjust the scoresheet and post the Final results.

By the way praiano sent me a ticket for an Academy version 370Z to award as a special prize. I'm awarding praiano's prize to CSLACR as the "Weight Watchers Consolation Prize" because CSLACR missed making the finals by 3kg. Guess that was the result of an overly successful diet!:lol:

I agree 100% , this car is rare and above everything very good. No better hands for this special car.:)👍

><((((°>°°°°°°°°

By the way praiano sent me a ticket for an Academy version 370Z to award as a special prize. I'm awarding praiano's prize to CSLACR as the "Weight Watchers Consolation Prize" because CSLACR missed making the finals by 3kg. Guess that was the result of an overly successful diet!:lol:
Actually the main reason I'm disappointed is because I couldn't see the Viper go head to head with that Bugatti for lap times. :mischievous:

I agree 100% , this car is rare and above everything very good. No better hands for this special car.:)👍

><((((°>°°°°°°°°
:)

I'm guessing by the time I released my tune I could have checked others weight. (to lazy) :lol:

Desperado -
My only advice is to leave the exact weight or whatever the secret ingredient may be next time hidden until all tunes are released. (at the same time) From what I read that may have had an effect on the finals?
(I would have gone 1650KG anyway, not complaining from my end)

Fantastic shootout though, I very much like all the new ideas and the combo pack, etc. Much harder then just finding a car that fits one bill. 👍 to you.
:cheers:

Ok, let me know. I am leaving work and will be back online in about 3 hours. The formulas work now as long as each tester has complete results for all cars and all categories - 2 time attack and drivers choice. This means we need GoSpeedGo88's final results in the score sheet or we need to remove his preliminary times.

Ok, let me know. I am leaving work and will be back online in about 3 hours. The formulas work now as long as each tester has complete results for all cars and all categories - 2 time attack and drivers choice. This means we need GoSpeedGo88's final results in the score sheet or we need to remove his preliminary times.
He is one I've sent a pm to. Also sent one to sheephead99 since he claimed to be in the midst of testing the last time he posted.

By the way praiano sent me a ticket for an Academy version 370Z to award as a special prize. I'm awarding praiano's prize to CSLACR as the "Weight Watchers Consolation Prize" because CSLACR missed making the finals by 1kg. Guess that was the result of an overly successful diet!:lol:

Fixed ;)

Hi Guys. Sorry I came down with a nasty cold Friday night and was sick all week end:ill:. I am finally back to work and kinda feeling better. Sorry I was not able to finish my testing. Please remove my times.

Nice job everyone, lot's of great tunes. I can't wait to see who won.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone :)

GoSpeedGo88
Hi Guys. Sorry I came down with a nasty cold Friday night and was sick all week end:ill:. I am finally back to work and kinda feeling better. Sorry I was not able to finish my testing. Please remove my times.

Nice job everyone, lot's of great tunes. I can't wait to see who won.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone :)

Merry Christmas to you. Sorry to hear you were sick. I removed your preliminary scores so the scoresheet should be final. There are a couple ties so let's wait for Desperado announce the standings. 👍

While we wait, apparently PD has changed the tire wear model so that the harder compounds outlast the softer compounds. I read of one test where RS tires on Nascar at Daytona were only lasting 50% of their pre v2.02 times, 19 vs. 38 laps for one tester. RH tires were 35 or so laps.

It was widely believed that the harder compounds used to wear out more when they lost grip and broke traction. If PD has changed the tire wear model to reduce or eliminate tyre wear due to lost grip, it's could possibly have an effect on tuning because it may reduce or eliminate the tire wear due to being loose in the rear, low or high rear LSD tire spin, and perhaps even wear due to understeer you find on some cars.

Could shake things up a bit. :ill:

Haven't tested myself, but others are reporting dramatic differences in tire wear. RS tires wearing out faster, and the harder compounds retaining their grip much longer. I've read things like GT500 cars on RS tires down to 50% in 4 laps at medium length tracks. Only getting a lap or two at La Sarthe in LMP cars etc. RS tires on Nascar at Daytona down to 50% of laps pre 2.02 etc. This is a welcome change in my opinion, but it does shake things up in both the tuning and the driving world.

Okay folks sorry for the delays on my part. Ended up in the hospital myself last night, will hopefully be released this afternoon/evening.

In the meantime here is the Final Standings
1st) Johnnypenso
2nd) krenkme
3rd) ACSR421
4th) madmyk
5th) DigitalBaka
6th) XDesperado67
7th) praiano63
8th) wildheart90

WOOOOO GO JOHNNY!!!! Though with that R8, I'm not entirely surprised. What I am surprised at though is Krenkme's god awful Ricer35 has come in 2nd!!!! What has the world come to?!?!??!??!?! :lol: Nah, good job, to all of you, just pick a better car next time Krenkme. :D

WOOOOO GO JOHNNY!!!! Though with that R8, I'm not entirely surprised. What I am surprised at though is Krenkme's god awful Ricer35 has come in 2nd!!!! What has the world come to?!?!??!??!?! :lol: Nah, good job, to all of you, just pick a better car next time Krenkme. :D

Good job Jonny 👍. And a good job to eveyone else as well, the tuners and testers did a great job. To Desparado, great job to you as well and I hope you get better soon. 👍 and Onboy, you can be sure I'll pick a more "driver" friendly car :dopey:

Motor City Hami
So the three true Gran Turing cars in the finals finished 5th, 6th and 7th. Turns out that choosing a heavy car was a big penalty.

So it would seem. A bit disappointing (I was tied for third for a while there!) but I am happy where I came in and with the comments made on my car. This was fun and I look forward to more of these trade off kind of events.

Well done, Johnny and congrats to everyone else as well!

Have to agree with Onboy, the car choice had a lot to do with it. With 4wd and significant downforce I had an advantage before we even started tuning. Being a test driver this time was a lot of fun and being able to test drive the competition was a real eye opener to the skill and abilities of the various tuners. Most of the cars were a real pleasure to drive and the tunes were exceptional. This contest could easily have gone to any one of a number of car/tuner combinations and I feel lucky to have come out on top:bowdown:

Thanks to everyone that test drove my car, I am glad you enjoyed it. Thanks to Desperado for hosting this contest and everyone working behind the scenes. I know it's a lot of work for little reward other than personal satisfaction, and I for one really appreciate it as I'm sure everyone else does as well.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a good holiday!!!

Actually if you look at that Wiki article I keep quoting you'll find that pretty much all the cars in the finals are/were classified as Grand Tourers.:cheers:

Desperado, I hope all is well with you and your family, should have mentioned that above, sorry.

Desperado - What are you doing on GTP while in the hospital? :crazy:
Hope you're out today.👍

That's 3 shootouts now won by Audi R8's.

Maybe they need to go up on the wall with tuner cars and racing cars now? :P
Congrats Johnny. :cheers:

Desperado - What are you doing on GTP while in the hospital? :crazy:
Hope you're out today.👍

That's 3 shootouts now won by Audi R8's.

Maybe they need to go up on the wall with tuner cars and racing cars now? :P
Congrats Johnny. :cheers:

There will be no R8's in the next, so we all can take a little brake. :dopey:
And again great job to all...ALL that were a part 👍

Back