Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

Well done Johnny. happy with the comments on my car too. Not with the 7th position, but for an oriented speed contest at 40%, driving sensations stay behind ...not too bad for my 564PP car.
Thanks to everybody.

Actually if you look at that Wiki article I keep quoting you'll find that pretty much all the cars in the finals are/were classified as Grand Tourers.:cheers:

I haven't looked, but I know all lines are being blurred anymore. To stick to original definitions can work, but it leaves a lot of cars nowadays without classification, so I think it's better to put them into existing classes.

I will concede the Viper doesn't really fit the bill though, not enough luxury.:lol:

Well done Johnny, and to team Clueless as well :D
Thanks for hosting Desperado, was a really fun competition!

I am pretty happy with my first performance as a tuner, but a little disappointed that I came last in the final round. God job all. :)

My GT-R has the letters GT right in it :lol: :lol:. <--- sarcasm

A Nissan GTR very much fits into the GT definition I'm familiar with. Luxury car, 2-4 seats, comfortable, doesn't kill you over bumps, cruises at autobahn speeds excellently, lots of power. Yuppers.

(No I don't confine GT cars to 2 seaters, regardless of standard definitions)

Just got out of the Hospital.:D
Seems that the Wallbanger will still be destroying cars for a while longer.:lol:
Thank you to everyone for your support and understanding.

Here is some of the cars and the sections they are found in from the Wikipedia Grand Tourer listing.

Examples of Grand Tourers
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Aston Martin DB7
Aston Martin DB9
Aston Martin Vanquish
BMW 8 Series
BMW 6 Series
Bugatti Veyron
Chevrolet Corvette
Citroen GT Concept
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
Ferrari California
Ford GT
Jaguar XJS
Jaguar XK
Jensen Interceptor
Lamborghini 350GT
Lexus LFA
Lexus SC
Maserati GranTurismo
Mazda RX-7
Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
Mercedes-Benz CL-Class
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Mitsubishi 3000GT
Nissan Skyline GT-R
Nissan GT-R
Nissan Z-car
Toyota 2000GT
Toyota Supra

Grand tourers in racing
Aston Martin DBR9
BMW Z4 GT3
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
Chrysler Viper GTS-R
Ferrari 458
Porsche 911 GT3
Ferrari 550
Nissan Skyline GT-R
Nissan GT-R
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR

These are only partial copies showing cars in GT5. Also looking at the various GT abreviations and classes listed you'll find many other cars that qualify as Grand Tourers.:D

xDes, glad to hear you're out of hospital. Congrats on a really fun and fair tournament. Great stuff!

Here is some of the cars and the sections they are found in from the Wikipedia Grand Tourer listing.

Examples of Grand Tourers
Nissan GT-R
Did you write that wikipedia article by any chance?! :sly:

Sure, everyone has a different idea of what Grand Tourer means, but with the GT-R's rocks for suspension, there's no way I'd choose that car for a weekend driving through the Swiss alps with my movie star girlfriend :)

Back