War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

You have to select how much ammo of each type you want on the selection screen once in game.
And that's another thing I can't figure out how to change.

Edit: Finally got it. They don't explain these things on PS4. Had to hold the cursor over the minus/plus boxes and use R2. :dunce:

And that's another thing I can't figure out how to change.
Sliders. Drag the sliders or press the little plus and minus buttons.

You can't add ammo if you have filled your tank though. You have to remove some first.

Tier 4 RBs are frustrating.. Why, you ask? Well, take a guess what happens when B-57's/Canberras ruin the oppositions chances to win and you happen to be in B-17 or B-24..? Yeah, they come for you with revenge. :irked:

I'm not a fan of mixing jets and props in general. I don't know, I feel far more comfortable fighting, say, a F8F-1B Bearcat in a Bf 109 G-2 (which is BS already, imho) than fighting any jet in a Fw 190 D-13.

Going to stick to a pattern of alternating days for tanks/planes. The only thing I can't decide on is if I should stick to one nation or should I unlock based on tiers....

I'm not much of a tanker, either. And I don't quite how they'd go about implementing battle ships - seem like combat would be incredibly slow paced. If it's done well, though, I'd be interested. Commanding the Tirpitz or the Bismarck in battle would be ridiculously awesome!

Haha, yeah, you'd be busy with them AAA. I'd guess that that's AI controlled, though. Bomber gunners all over again :grumpy:

Oh, and I just went on what's probably my biggest kill streak in a single plane. 8 kills in the LA-5FN. Would've been more, even, if it wasn't for a team mate ramming me and shearing my wing off. Talk about OP... In arcade, at least. Seriously, the Russian planes are just as undertiered as the American ones.

I wish Germany and Britain would get that treatment sometime soon :indiff:

F8F-1B is mine! :mischievous: Now, must decide whether I want a jet bomber for making lions or not.. and even then.. Jets just are so meh to me.

Bombers are so boring to play, imho... I know they're great for farming, but still. I'm a fighter pilot through and through, I guess :lol:

Had an engine shot out, and was still able to glide behind an enemy and shoot them down. :lol:

Have most of the tier 1 German planes available now as well. Made some good progress today so far.

Whereas the German cannons seem to work like a charm. :P Japanese and Russian Cannons? Not worthy of mentioning. Americans and Germans simply have best cannons.

I have noticed that as well. Almost done with German biplane modifications, then they're off to holiday and the real planes can take their place. :P

Unreliable indeed. Feels like four Hispanos are worse than two ShvAks, or whatever the Russian twenties are called.
Just this recent patch for the Hispano Mk. II's. Mk. I's and V's are fine...

Whereas the German cannons seem to work like a charm. :P Japanese and Russian Cannons? Not worthy of mentioning. Americans and Germans simply have best cannons.
Russian ShVAK's tear things up at lower tiers while the VYa-23 and B-20 do the same at higher tiers. Like Hispano's you have to get up close as they have less HE filler inside, needing the kinetic punching of the rounds that Hispano's are renowned for. Japanese cannons, same thing, just lower velocity.

The German Minengeschoß (mine-shell) rounds are basically high explosive cased in a thin layer of metal, with low velocity. Hence why they penetrate less and blow things up on the surface.
Also, the American AN/M2 20mm's are the exact same as Hispano Mk. II's, just license built... :P

Sadly, Hispano MkII's are most common guns in the brit lineup.. Explains the lackluster performance.

Sadly, Hispano MkII's are most common guns in the brit lineup.. Explains the lackluster performance.
Not quite. Before 1.43, Hispano Mk. II's wrecked everything in all (air force) game modes. It was the sole reason the Spitfire Mk IIb received a Tier 3 battle rating in a prior patch despite it being a low-Tier 2 aircraft. The reason why most of the Spitfires were regarded as very powerful, from the early all the way to the end-game, even with only 2 cannons. Don't even get me started on the Typhoon Mk Ib and /late... :P

Trust me: next patch, they'll be back to their full power once more. (and so will the American Brownings...)

I feel like the .50 cal Brownings are nerfed, too. But the Italian Breda-SAFAT machine guns are more powerful than before (or I feel so).

Also, I got my first kill in Simulator Battles - on a Pe-2 bomber, I was attacked by a 109, but my rear gunner damaged him, and he went back to the base. I went after him, aimed with the "mouse joystick" and filled his ass up with lead from my ShKAS. But then, was shot down by another 109.
I think I can get used to the mode, maybe I'll even buy a joystick. The reward for SB is nice, I was given ~14k for that kill alone.

Some new American heavy metal coming: M103 heavy tank. Perhaps will be Tier 5.
BUuwCQ8xcYQ.jpg

O2dTTvjxUVo.jpg

LZ8-4mUo8VE.jpg

eu85puzUe8o.jpg

Tank progression seems slower, even though I'm getting just as many points in tank battles as I have been in plane battles.

I'm so sickened by the undertiered planes when flying tier IV planes that I will move back to tier 1 for a while for proper battles..

Generic FW190A4 player: "Ich has 4 kanoner und two MG, FW maste-!"*is set on fire by a Flying finn in Brewster*

Me: "Kekekeke.. NEXT!"

Last edited:
Last edited:
well, Russians are oneshotting all the things even with their puny 1 cannon, 1 machine gun arrangement, and now Japanese have somehow gained the oneshotting ability as well..

well, Russians are oneshotting all the things even with their puny 1 cannon, 1 machine gun arrangement, and now Japanese have somehow gained the oneshotting ability as well..
Well, that "1 cannon" is often a 23mm, 37mm or 45mm cannon... And the Japanese have 30mm cannons too, along with 4x 20mm loadouts...
EDIT: Wait, are you talking about Tier IV? :P

Back