War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Finally shot down a plane in realistic. 1450+ RP for it. :embarrassed:

Then I got shot down. :lol:

Edit: Shot/rammed by a teammate as soon as I take off... no point in hanging around to watch that game play out... :grumpy:

Last edited:
Nearly got two in one match. Only problem I'm finding is some of the Italian planes of a habit of overheating, but I guess that's Italian tradition. :lol:

Today's my day off, my GF's at university, my friends at work - time to grind the crap out of the D-13 :D Now, if only I can perform as well in that thing as I do in the A-4...

Today's my day off, my GF's at university, my friends at work - time to grind the crap out of the D-13 :D Now, if only I can perform as well in that thing as I do in the A-4...
Watch out for Sea Jesus and F-80 Shooting Scrubs... :P And protect the Ho 229's! :D

Watch out for Sea Jesus and F-80 Shooting Scrubs... :P And protect the Ho 229's! :D
Haha, yeah, the jets! Oh well, I watched a video yesterday that detailed the whole German props vs. allied jets thing. Solution? Lure the scrubs into head-ons. Shouldn't be too hard :lol:

Magz just happens to be my favourite War Thunder Youtuber, too.

I lured someone on my tail into crashing into me by cutting the throttle and going into a steep climb. I guess they didn't anticipate my sudden loss of speed. I fell somewhat bad about it, but they didn't get credit for the kill on me so it's not too bad... :lol: I've used that maneuver in Battlefield 3/4 and in this game before to turn the tables on the guy chasing me. Usually works well, but rarely ends in a collision.

That's a great maneuvre if you've got more energy/better energy retention/a considerably more powerful aircraft than your opponent. Take it into the vertical, lure him into chasing you, have him stall out before you, drop down. You're on his six now and he's basically unable to do any defensive flying due to the low air speed 👍

/edit: Okay, fighting against nothing but jets really grinds my gears. Getting two kills in my D-13 against teams that should be utterly untouchable to the German props is extremely satisfying, though.

Last edited:
That's a great maneuvre if you've got more energy/better energy retention/a considerably more powerful aircraft than your opponent. Take it into the vertical, lure him into chasing you, have him stall out before you, drop down. You're on his six now and he's basically unable to do any defensive flying due to the low air speed 👍

/edit: Okay, fighting against nothing but jets really grinds my gears. Getting two kills in my D-13 against teams that should be utterly untouchable to the German props is extremely satisfying, though.
And that plane would be the La-5FN... (2:00)

Or perform GTPorsche's method using a Po-2... :D

And don't worry about the jets. Except for the Sea Jesus and maybe the F-80 Shooting Scrub, all other jets are may worse than the top-props (P-80 can't even take off short runways and loses 100kph in a small roll and rudder adjustment). :P

I think that tier III is perfect for me. I've had too many urges to punch someone after attempting to play tier IV matches..

Trees. :banghead:

Edit: A-0 feels like it's sluggish to maneuver with and only gets me shot down because I can never get behind a target.. or crash trying to take out ground targets because it won't pull up quick enough at a shallow angle.

Last edited:
Trees. :banghead:

Edit: A-0 feels like it's sluggish to maneuver with and only gets me shot down because I can never get behind a target.. or crash trying to take out ground targets because it won't pull up quick enough at a shallow angle.
The 112 is a load of rubbish. Why do you think they chose the 109 over it?

The guns are the best thing on it, but since the rest of the plane around those guns is rubbish, it's difficult to fully use the guns. :ouch:

I've stuck through that awful plane for this long.. almost aced it as well...

Edit: Even in arcade mode with the instructor help, the A-0 is terrible.

I don't think this is normal....

B2dz-N5IIAAAPnE.jpg:large

Not my plane.. already crashed because well... you see what I see here.

New strategy for me. Instead of acing each planee (what a silly grind that would be), I fly the plane once, and if I like it, I ace it. No more He 112s and MC 200s. I'm not so good with (non-dive)bombers, but if I could just keep the plane stable as I get ready to drop bombs, I'd do better.

JU-88 is a good one. fast, sturdy ( works as divebomber and has airbrakes ), and can wipe out bombingpoint in one run after mods.

Already aced the Stuka (JU-87), and had flown the 88 once but didn't realize it could be utilized as a divebomber. The only thing I don't like about it is it's practically defenseless.

Back