War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

If you think that is bad.. well, the AI gunners in CFS3 usually snipe you out a kilometer away.

That's all the american planes are good for.. :grumpy: although, F8F 1B might have hope if I can grind it to point of getting better guns and motor/injection

That's all the american planes are good for.. :grumpy: although, F8F 1B might have hope if I can grind it to point of getting better guns and motor/injection
Yes that is what they were designed for.

It is all about how much speed advantage you have. The difference between the 109E and the Spitfire mk1 isn't great. Hence TnB spits won there historically.
The difference between a Mustang and an A6M5 though is huge. Hence the Mustang wins there.

Last edited:
And the Italian planes are good at diving and then realizing you're going 450mph and may not pull out of the dive without hitting the ground. :lol:

Or just the overall inability to be agile.

Mustang? Wins? Titanic has smaller turning circle! And better weaponry!
The turning circle doesn't matter if you use it right.

The only issue with bnz planes is unless you are miles faster if you get someone on your tail you are done.

And Mustang isn't one of the faster planes in the game, not by a long shot. Tighter turning circle helps when you're trying to evade the rounds coming at you. and the biggest issue is, that there's always someone who climbed higher than you, and more often than not, I've been the last surviving member of the team because I stayed low and attacked ground targets instead.

The turning circle doesn't matter if you use it right.

The only issue with bnz planes is unless you are miles faster if you get someone on your tail you are done.
Hence the zoom bit of "boom and zoom"...

And Mustang isn't one of the faster planes in the game, not by a long shot. Tighter turning circle helps when you're trying to evade the rounds coming at you. and the biggest issue is, that there's always someone who climbed higher than you, and more often than not, I've been the last surviving member of the team because I stayed low and attacked ground targets instead.
It's very fast and turning in any plane will bleed your speed and energy. You can stay alive by staying low and killing ground targets (if you're not a bomber), but once your team dies, you're sorta screwed... :P

Trying to start out in this game is frustrating. Why do the menus have to be so confusing, dammit.

Give that plane to me, game. NOW. :irked:

Has anyone seen the latest event?

Japan vs Russia on Kuban and everything is allowed. RB battle. Quite odd shooting down an I15 with an F86.

Edit it was a bugged event which has been fixed. :(

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the latest event?

Japan vs Russia on Kuban and everything is allowed. RB battle. Quite odd shooting down an I15 with an F86.

Edit it was a bugged event which has been fixed. :(
It has happened before. :P
Have fun while it lasts... :D

Still grinding through with the bloody F8F 1B.. damn tier IV planes have high costs regarding everything. I won't be getting any other jets than the B57 and Ho-229 yet.

Still grinding through with the bloody F8F 1B.. damn tier IV planes have high costs regarding everything. I won't be getting any other jets than the B57 and Ho-229 yet.
Spits and Tempests are way too expensive to maintain, as are all the Americans... apart from the P-51. Ridiculously cheap. :P

But that can be explained by the inferiority of the P51 when compared to other T4 planes. :P

Spit climbs better and has more punch.. And turns waaayyyy better.
Energy retention. Spit burns its energy in turns. Spit is no good without its energy. P-51 can zoom climb. Also, only later Griffon spits can dive well-ish.

Ah, and roll rate. Very important when facing Germans.

BTW, this is a very hotly contested topic on Reddit and the official forums... :P

Last edited:
Just took out a base after being taken out by AAA.

Feels good.

I think I've made a terrible mistake with my crew points though. Seeing -number on some stats but not sure why that's happened.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. 1 experienced gunner, but 3 total gunners on the plane.

Last edited:
Just took out a base after being taken out by AAA.

Feels good.

I think I've made a terrible mistake with my crew points though. Seeing -number on some stats but not sure why that's happened.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. 1 experienced gunner, but 3 total gunners on the plane.
Yeh that will be the gunner count. You are fine flying fighters or carrier bombers.

I think I shall get rid of my heavy bombers. They just aren't worthy of their bills unless I go after ships.

Last edited:
Sigh... I'm spending far less time on WT now that the new WoW addon is out. And I'm kinda not inclined to grind for new planes - instead, I'm just playing around with low-level aircraft - which is kinda fun, but there's so little progress to be made :indiff: Russian planes around the BR 4.0 mark are stupidly good, though :lol:

/edit: The 4.0 BR is especially ridiculous considering that the Yak-3, for example, was developed to be a match for the Bf 109-G series. And was successful in that regard. Given that the G2 is on the low end of the G series performance scale, anything below 5.0 seems under tiered for the Yak-3s. Oh well :lol:

Last edited:
Everything is undertiered compared to anything Russian insta-kill cannons on wings.. :P Which is why Russia is my least favorite faction in the game. :irked:

Back