warning points

• Thread starter SK8RBOI
  • 83 comments
England
Northamton
FRS_SK8R
I have just received 15 warning points for two non offensive messages and I was wondering if they would eventually dissapere after a serton time period? Now only need 5 more points which potentially could be one message with bad spelling to be permanently band.

If not is there away of clearing your name by proving that it was an accident, or something?

Thanks

Note: im dislexic

Last edited:
I have just received 15 warning points for two non offensive messages and I was wondering if they would eventually disappear after a certain time period? Now only need 5 more points which potentially could be one message with bad spelling to be permanently banned.

If not is there away of clearing your name by proving that it was an accident, or something?

Thanks
I believe they do go away after a year or so.

And there isn't a way to prove it was an accident.

It's up to the mod if they go away. I personally have 20 that are permanent
Ah. I haven't received one, I thought I read that depending on the offense they can go away. I seem to be mistaken.

You can prove it was not your intention to offend the people you sent the message.

You talk about posting a message with bad spelling, and that very same message has misspellings.

We don't give warnings for spelling. We do however, give warnings for the following...

AUP/TOS
  • You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

I fail to see how these are "accidents" though.
i have no idea m8, first i have heard of it.

waht i dont get is why haven't i heard about this before?

great advertising PD, there not good at anything are they lol

And I've just been tree'd...

You can start being abusive, but as you already said, you're only 5 points away from a ban, so that's probably not a good idea.

What does that even mean?
If you add an R to "you" then it would mean you have a habit of banning people (which is true to some degree). Of course, it makes no sense in current context as wont is not a verb.

WhatI ment was I feel like You guys job is to ban and have out warning points to people.
Our job is to moderate the site according to the rules here and if that means handing out warnings and bans, then that is what we do.

You really do need to read through your posts, and correct the errors, before you click on "post reply" because they really are quite appalling.

No disrespect but I recommend you stop while you're ahead. I have some issues myself, but what you type is very hard to understand. And with phone/computer technology nowadays there really is no excuse for text speak, and misspelled words.

15 points for that is a bit unfair.
That's why you got five points for it the first time. Infractions and Warnings serve as a reminder that we have rules and you are expected to follow them. Unfortunately your next act was to continue posting in the same manner - rather than contacting the staff if you were confused over the Infraction.

It looks like the enhanced 10pt Infraction did its job and got your attention to remind you of the rules.

Now, no-one's aware of how many Infraction points you have except you and the staff (and, since you've posted in here, everyone - but that's not normally the case) so you don't have to worry about "clearing your name". But above that if you intend to stick to the rules it doesn't matter how many Infraction points you have, whether it's 0 or 29 - you'll never be banned.

it doesn't matter how many Infraction points you have, whether it's 0 or 29 - you'll never be banned.
I just thought of this while reading your post, do you have to give a 30 point permanent infraction to ban a spam bot, or is there just a simple Ban This User option?

I just thought of this while reading your post, do you have to give a 30 point permanent infraction to ban a spam bot, or is there just a simple Ban This User option?
"Spam" bans are different; they automatically send spammers' information to all of the anti-spam, shared blacklisting services which GTPlanet is a member of.

Last edited:
I hope You can understand that I for wont to be band. So potentially I could for about thes warning points and type "m8" tthen be for I know it boom im out!
That's why you got five points for it the first time. Infractions and Warnings serve as a reminder that we have rules and you are expected to follow them. Unfortunately your next act was to continue posting in the same manner - rather than contacting the staff if you were confused over the Infraction.

It looks like the enhanced 10pt Infraction did its job and got your attention to remind you of the rules.

Now, no-one's aware of how many Infraction points you have except you and the staff (and, since you've posted in here, everyone - but that's not normally the case) so you don't have to worry about "clearing your name". But above that if you intend to stick to the rules it doesn't matter how many Infraction points you have, whether it's 0 or 29 - you'll never be banned.

I like WhatI You say and thank You for explaining it for me more.

I hope You can understand that I for wont to be band. So potentially I could for about thes warning points and type "m8" tthen be for I know it boom im out!
My mom is dyslectic, but this is almost beyond dyslectic.
The first line i can think something like: I hope you understand that i don't want to be banned.
The word "for" in 3 different places confuses me.
Im not able to translate the second line, i'm affraid i mess up the true meaning.

Back