warning points

• Thread starter SK8RBOI
  • 83 comments
I am a dyslexic too. And I also can't find any point to type like a bloody young child.

And I thought that the British were serious with their writing...

Last edited:
I believe there is a dyslectic moderator on GTP and he hasn't got any problems with spelling what so ever. He makes the effort to correct his dyslectic written texts.

I'm not even sure that I'm correct but I believe I read about this and it was mentioned by this moderator himself.

So why is it so difficult for the thread starter to do the same?
Well, it would seem the OP has offered up no less than three different reasons for his typing "problems". Personally I suspect none of them are the real reason.

Proofreading will not help if one does not make the effort to. It's something habitual that should occur without having to force yourself to read over.
When I type I'm already at the next couple of words and my fingers are just a few seconds behind...

Proofreading will not help if one does not make the effort to. It's something habitual that should occur without having to force yourself to read over.
When I type I'm already at the next couple of words and my fingers are just a few seconds behind...

Perhaps it's because I'm using WaterFox but I get spell-checking in text input elements by default. The red wavy lines should be a clue that something's amiss.

Ironically it just made my hyphenate "spellchecking" :D

EDIT: Actually this install has 32b FireFox, but the spell-checking still applies.

Perhaps it's because I'm using WaterFox but I get spell-checking in text input elements by default. The red wavy lines should be a clue that something's amiss.

Ironically it just made my hyphenate "spellchecking" :D

EDIT: Actually this install has 32b FireFox, but the spell-checking still applies.
Just get Chrome.... and then AdBlock, and GTP extensions..

I don't know how AdBlock works on gtplanet as I'm Premium but if it works for a standard member, I guess this is not the best way to support Jordan...
ohh... :guilty: didn't think about it like that.

I initially download the extension for my old computer which was really (really) slow on YouTube, and it made a big difference. I've been using it ever since and haven't had problems.

I'm not sure exactly what it does to prevent advertisements from showing up though, but I use GTP just as much on my iPad as I do on my laptop, so I guess ads are getting to me 50% of the time??

ohh... :guilty: didn't think about it like that.

I initially download the extension for my old computer which was really (really) slow on YouTube, and it made a big difference. I've been using it ever since and haven't had problems.

I'm not sure exactly what it does to prevent advertisements from showing up though, but I use GTP just as much on my iPad as I do on my laptop, so I guess ads are getting to me 50% of the time??

I think you can whitelist GTP as a site that will still show ads. Sites that aren't whitelisted will still have ads blocked automatically.

I just discovered I can't post in news anymore. Now, I do admit my recent behavior is not the best and I do deserve it, but can't I have another chance? I'll be good. I promise.

I don't know how AdBlock works on gtplanet as I'm Premium but if it works for a standard member, I guess this is not the best way to support Jordan...
Unfortunately a lot of people probably don't see it like that and/or care. They just want the ads gone and find it useful for many websites on the net, not just GTP.

Is $15 really that hard? This is the only website that I go on every day, and while removal of Ads is cool, I'd do it for the time and dedication that has been put into this site.

Unfortunately a lot of people probably don't see it like that and/or care. They just want the ads gone and find it useful for many websites on the net, not just GTP.

Maybe because some sites don't care about what ads are on their site or they focus on ads too much.

I have seen some sites where the sides were nothing but ads and if you wanted to watch a video you had to watch a ad, the header was ads as well

I believe they do go away after a year or so.

And there isn't a way to prove it was an accident.
Exactly. Warning points should expire after a set time. I believe it depends on the severity of the violation. That's how I assume it works.

Exactly. Warning points should expire after a set time. I believe it depends on the severity of the violation. That's how I assume it works.
Some go away, some don't, some are worth more points, some less. All depends on the situation and, in some instances, their subsequent attitude/reaction.

That's like bribing the police. It'll probably only get you in more trouble.

Nope, wasn't talking about bribing anybody. Just getting cash for all your warning points.

If some-one has 20 points, you get $20, given freely by the GTP staff!

....... and it was a joke ofcourse.

Back