Would you rather?

• Thread starter motortrend
  • 22,046 comments
You know, I'm actually quite a fan of that particular Corolla in its WRC guise, (I'm aware that the World Rally Car version is ultimately a wholly different car underneath) but the road-going version just doesn't do it for me. It's about as uninterestingly plain as most of the other Corollas out there. Without the epic Castrol racing livery and the aero package, its exterior styling just doesn't have that much appeal.

I didn't know about the 206 GT previously. I knew about the 206 GTi, though. That bulging front bumper makes the whole thing look a bit out of proportion. Looks like it's wearing some sort of jaw protection device. I decided to look it up first because I initially thought it's an aftermarket bumper that was installed.

Focus better looking than the others.

I'll pick the Focus RS for that same reason.

That gen of Focus RS is terrible, and honestly not a good comparison with the others. But the others really aren't any better...if it were me, it'd be none of them, but if I had to make an actual choice I'd take the 206, after all possible threats.

640px-VW_white_up%21_1.0_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_14._April_2012%2C_Velbert.jpg

or

640px-Toyota_iQ_20090621_front.JPG

or

640px-Fiat_Panda_1.2_8V_Lounge_%28III%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht_%281%29%2C_25._Februar_2012%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

Volkswagen Up! vs. Toyota iQ vs. Fiat Panda - Up, because COTY. You can't really argue with that. And what @Zyla said.

Results:
1. Volkswagen Up!
2. Fiat Panda
3. Toyota iQ

Up! v. iQ v. Panda: You just had to do this, didn't you? :P I don't know that I can choose just one, but I have to...

I guess all things considered, I'd have the Panda. I love the styling of all 3 (especially the iQ) but the Panda at least appears to be the most practical of the three.

1. Panda
2. iQ
3. Up!

----

In an ideal world:

1. iQ
1. Panda
1. Up!

Is that really how much a Supra costs over there? :eek:

I'd take the Challenger if it's exactly like the one in the pic there. For some reason though I doubt a brand new SRT8 392 costs $25,000.

Hell even if it isn't I'd still take the Challenger. If I wanted a JGT car for that sort of money a BCNR33 is easily accounted for that budget. Plus I prefer the Challenger's badass-ery styling over the Supra.

That would have to be a basic Supra, too. No way you are getting a turbo one for that cheap in a condition like the one in the picture. I have seen them for sale up to $63k.

I'd have the Challenger too (for obvious reasons). And it's more like $40,000-$50,000 in price, I think.

Challenger. Don't like Supras.

$25k is clearly for the base Supra. I don't think I've seen a used turbo go less than ~$40k unless it had a ton of miles and was in rough condition. $60k+ for one in great condition/ low miles.

Challenger and Mustang.
I don't know about other regions, but around here Challenger R/Ts are the most expensive of the new pony cars, usually running between $35k and $45k depending on options.

I don't like the Up a lot, though I know it's a very good car. The iQ was good but is less so now. Though I prefer the 500 among Fiats, I'll choose the Panda. Especially if it's 4x4.

A convertible Supra might be interesting in the pictures case but I'd probably just take the Challenger anyway. Not a big fan of either though.

Challenger over Mustang I suppose? Because it's perhaps less notable, don't care too much about choosing between muscle cars of that type but...

Challenger over Mustang I suppose? Because it's perhaps less notable, don't care too much about choosing between muscle cars of that type but...

It's actually a Duster/Demon, not a Challenger. :)

I'd have the Mustang. That's too easy.

VW Jetta Mk.VI GLI vs Honda Civic Sedan Si; Jetta GLI for me, I don't really care for the civic tbh, but I've become rather fond of the Jetta in the recent years.

Peugeot 206 GTI vs Ford Focus RS vs Toyota Corolla; Focus RS, it's an awesome hot hatch imo.

1996 Toyota Supra Targa vs 2014 Dodge Challenger SRT-8; The supra since it's rarer to find than the challenger. It's also one of my favorite cars of all time.

VW Up vs Toyota IQ vs Fiat Panda; The Volkswagen up, I really adore it and wish that was sold in the us rather than the dishwasher powered IQ. The Fiat Panda looks good, but I just don't like it as much as the Up.

1967 Ford Mustang GT vs 1971 Plymouth Duster; The Mustang obviously! The mustang in general is in my top 10 personal favorite cars & I really don't care for the duster tbh.

Last edited:
Back