WSC World Sportscar Championship - Spurgy, Niop, Jaguar champions!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 995 comments

For Season 2...Full or Limited Damage?

• Full damage!

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Limited damage!

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
Same here. I need to get practising. Ferg we will fgtc tomorrow :)

Maxed aero, softened suspension a bit, gave it more LSD oversteer, didn't test it, lowest result in 6 races, 3rd.:cool:

Maxed aero, softened suspension a bit, gave it more LSD oversteer, didn't test it, lowest result in 6 races, 3rd.:cool:

And that Chapparal is going to be very quick...

May try and grind for a Chapparal given that ARCA is off. Can I reserve a spot?

Oh and does anybody have a '67 ticket? If not I'll do the birthday glitch but it's time consuming and boring so I'd rather not :lol:

May try and grind for a Chapparal given that ARCA is off. Can I reserve a spot?

Oh and does anybody have a '67 ticket? If not I'll do the birthday glitch but it's time consuming and boring so I'd rather not :lol:

Entries full at moment but I do have a 67 ticket handy. You'll be in as Reserve 👍

Ah fair play, I thought you meant there had to be three drivers for every car, not that some teams would have more than others which is why I thought there was a Chappy spot free. It's alright mate, forget about it, Sundays are never great for me anyway to be fair.

So furi, what car can I drive? I got the approval from the wife to do your Sunday series :lol: so I was ready to drivewith ya again on sundays.

So furi, what car can I drive? I got the approval from the wife to do your Sunday series :lol: so I was ready to drivewith ya again on sundays.

If the OP is up to date, then you can drive anything apart from the Jag and MKIV. (3 drivers per car max.)

Correct. Jaguar and Ford Mk IV full, everyone else ope. 👍 C2 maybe needs an extra entry, but I know you like the Ferrari... or you may go for something else...

Ok cool, thanks guys! I'll probably go with the Camaro but I will decide last minute once I'm in your lobby. I have most of these cars tuned up and ready to go anyways. So it won't be a big deal which one I take. I just want to spread out the field more and even the competition up a bit.

Just shutting after an entertaining evening of testing. All tracks and cars tested, looking awesome.

Furi as I said in the room im interested in the C2 class but only as a reserve, due to CALM and have checked the schedule and can only make Spa and Le Sarth.

Also what are the C2 specs the Vette is just oil no doubt but the others seem under powered compaired to it.

Furi as I said in the room im interested in the C2 class but only as a reserve, due to CALM and have checked the schedule and can only make Spa and Le Sarth.

Also what are the C2 specs the Vette is just oil no doubt but the others seem under powered compaired to it.

Vette is fine as it is, it flies down straights but struggles in corners and braking.

We are talking Vs the other C2 cars yeah?

As I said what mods are done to the RMs (Camaro and Charger)

Also C2 is seperate to C1 yes?

The Vettes spec stock is 629bhp 1168kgs (Which is correct) But the Camaros is only 330bhp stock, which is wrong surely :confused:.

Ok cause the Camaro and Dodge only have 20, 50 DF vs the Vettes 50, 70.

Edit: I see your tribute to Carroll Shelby.

Ok cause the Camaro and Dodge only have 20, 50 DF vs the Vettes 50, 70.

Edit: I see your tribute to Carroll Shelby.

Yeah but the Challenger is really easy going to drive compared to the others. And very big.

And yes, Carroll Shelby, creator of the Shelby Cobra and unless I am mistaken, a mastermind behind the Ford GT40 Le Mans campaign passed away today.

RIP.

Its cool im just stating my concerns will test them at Spa to see whats best and sign up as a reserve :).

Edit: Also whats the deal with the RMs and RHs, I assume there is set amount of laps on each?

Last edited:
Its cool im just stating my concerns will test them at Spa to see whats best and sign up as a reserve :).

Your on.

Testing tonight took place at all 6 tracks. We had single-lap sessions and some fun races with boost.

Overall we found the following:

Daytona:
Chapparal goes at least 5 laps on tyres before showing any wear pretty much. Ford just doesn't like track, and to be honest most drivers don't.

Monza
Jagaur fastest as expected, but lairy under brakes. Ford feel stable but lacking a bit of speed as expected.

Spa
Now this was interesting. In Season 1 with old tyre physics and softs I could do 2:11 laps. Now I'm doing low 2:13's if I push, 2:15's consistent. Joe in the Jaguar hit 2:12.9. The Corvette on old physics hit 2:17 laps, tonight Tom in a Dodge hit 2:20, with set-up not tweaked.

Targa Florio
You love it or hate it, 3min 24 fastest lap IIRC from the Chapparal, a mistake-filled lap from my Ford was a 3:43. First turn will be interesting, high concentration needed. Jaguar also on Chap's pace, but a small mistake can cost you a lot of time.

Le Mans 2005 NC
I don't care if boost was one when we raced - going down the Mulsanne 4 x 3 was epic. Jagaur fast as expected, Ford consistent and overall pretty interesting stuff.

Nurburgring 24hr
Argh. 10 minute lap at 50% wet level, braking twice as early, cars not turning. Seriously difficult conditions.

EDIT: RM and RH tyres are allowed as a choice - no set amount or mandatory use of compounds. Same with Inters and Wets for weather conditions.

Back