Nurburgring 24hr report

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hyde
  • 430 comments
  • 53,647 views
Oh My God, simply amazing!
I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to do this in real life (unless you're mentally ill, of course).
 
I've driven some really good laps on the Nurburgring in PGR2.
Whoever drove that lap knows the GT4 'ring much better than
I know the PGR2 version of same. That is one amazing drive! :cheers:
 
12 hour into the race and now i'm at 100 laps

it seems my JGTC Z can do 200 laps by the end of the 24hr....
thats nearly 4500km...............................
 
Looks like me and my mates will be having a few more sleep overs. :rolleyes:
 
Can you save the game during the race and start in the same lap or something like that?
 
that was fantastic, so many blind corners and yet the guy knew exactly where to aim the car
 
Hyde could expline ,what happens if u run out of gase ,and is there a gas meter to show u how much is left ?
 
BMW318ciC
Hyde could expline ,what happens if u run out of gase ,and is there a gas meter to show u how much is left ?

*imagines himself running out of gas after 23 hours and 55 minutes*
 
i never tried running out of gas yet. cuz there is still about 10% left everytime i pit

no, u cant save the game in the middle of the race
 
That makes 187.5 km/h average for 24 hours on the hardest track in the world, nice.
 
Hats off to whoever done that lap, Stunning drive.
Best vid yet. 👍
 
MadduckUK
if you mean the sauber vid then its working for me :s

Yup, thanks. I tried it again and it worked. Don't know why it didn't the first time. :dunce:

As for having to drive a real 24 hours, I hope the competition is MUCH closer, otherwise it will just turn out to be a bore. Even if you CAN set it on B-spec and walk away, what's the point in that?
 
Anyone had problems when viewing the video?

I opened it and WMP immediatley crashed and I ended up eith the black 'slowly appearing' screen. :yuck:
 
ExigeExcel
Anyone had problems when viewing the video?

I opened it and WMP immediatley crashed and I ended up eith the black 'slowly appearing' screen. :yuck:

I had a few problems downloading it initially, Firefox kept thinking the video was a size smaller than it actually is so it stopped the download early.

The way I solved it was just to use a program such as Getright that allows resumes, so if it happened again it would just be resumable.. turned out to have no problems downloading via Getright though.
 
That was an incredible vid! Incredible driver 👍
 
It has downloaded fine. But when I opened it it messed up my computer. I've scanned teh file with NAV, but seems I'll have to restart to get everything normal.
 
You know, that could be a demo. What I'm saying is, it's possible no one was driving instead, it was the computer showing you how to drive. Just a guess
 
cobragt
You know, that could be a demo. What I'm saying is, it's possible no one was driving instead, it was the computer showing you how to drive. Just a guess
No thats definetly a human driving. You can just tell by the way he drives. I mean that in a good way too.
 
As far as I know it was the demonstrational run of that license, so it actually was a person driving the car.
 
Good god, that was amazing. The C9 could never be 30+ seconds faster than a 956 around the ring in real life, though, it was just outgunned. That's the beauty of games, there's no sense of fear for your life, you take risks you wouldn't dream of taking in real life. Had there been a 956 in game, I can already imagine it would have been even faster than that C9... Probably a low 5 minute lap, with that driver.
 
the Interceptor
Okay, here it is ... enjoy! :dopey:

Sauber C9 @ Nurburgring (WMV, 21MB)
:crazy: Maddest I've seen in years..........


@ The Interceptor: demo-run you said? Or one of your german friends driving ;) ?

Man, think of that with your DFP :scared: I need to go to the gym
 
I have ran around like a headless chicken spreading that amazing vid all over the place everyone is pretty gobsmacked by it!!
 
That Green Hell video was nucking futs. All I could do was just sit here with my jaw on the ground. Best. Video. Ever.

👍
 
The only words I can think of are holy ****, thats a great vid.
 
Awsome...Simply Awsome Vid.

That car must of had loads of down force and serious traction to hug the road at those high speeds in slow corners. Anybody got a picture the car from that vid they can post?

Hat's off to the driver too!!! :bowdown:

I will no doubt remember this video when we meet online to race :nervous:

WTG Dude
 
after watching that video.... i think i can get gold easily around the ring now
 
PunkRock
Good god, that was amazing. The C9 could never be 30+ seconds faster than a 956 around the ring in real life, though, it was just outgunned. That's the beauty of games, there's no sense of fear for your life, you take risks you wouldn't dream of taking in real life. Had there been a 956 in game, I can already imagine it would have been even faster than that C9... Probably a low 5 minute lap, with that driver.


Sorry to contradict you, but nowhere would a Porsche 956 (or a 962 for that matter) be faster than a Sauber C9. This Mercedes was the fastest car on the 89 Sportscar Championship, beating cars like the Jaguar XJR-9 and XJR-12, Porsche 962C, Nissan R89C, etecetera...

To have a car going really low 5 minute laps on real life would be almost impossible, even for a current F1, as the car would get airborne a lot of times if going full throatle (let me see: Flugpatz, Schwedenkreuz, Fuchsrorhe, Kesselchen, Hohe Acht and the at Plantzgarten Eins und Zwei)...
 
holy moly! that was fast. can't wait for GT4's release (here in the U.S.A.). so close yet so far :(
 
Gil Abobeleira
Sorry to contradict you, but nowhere would a Porsche 956 (or a 962 for that matter) be faster than a Sauber C9. This Mercedes was the fastest car on the 89 Sportscar Championship, beating cars like the Jaguar XJR-9 and XJR-12, Porsche 962C, Nissan R89C, etecetera...

To have a car going really low 5 minute laps on real life would be almost impossible, even for a current F1, as the car would get airborne a lot of times if going full throatle (let me see: Flugpatz, Schwedenkreuz, Fuchsrorhe, Kesselchen, Hohe Acht and the at Plantzgarten Eins und Zwei)...

I agree, maybe if a car could be build without restrictions of rules and money, so with active aerodynamics, suspensions, engine with big displacement and turbo or superchargers, electronic controls etc...we could see a 5' lap. Maybe we would need a crazy and kamikaze driver on drugs :D
 
Back