Perfect Balance's Gallery | Lancer Evo GT-A

This is a great car/track combination. Another big update, too, and this time I'll start with the bad, or at least not good, aspects of the set.
I'm not really a big fan of shots where the car is obstructed from view, like when cresting a hill or when it's behind a fence, as is the case with #3. It might look better with a car that had a horizontal, straight line design theme, maybe like the Cien. But this elise is very curvy, almost cartoon-like, so it doesn't blend well with a basic, industrial, crappy looking fence.
I'm not sure which editing program you use right now. I use Photoshop 7.0, which has a "heal" tool. You take a sample in a different area and repaint the picture, starting from that point, on top of what you want to remove. Then it blends the healed spot smooth. Like you're moving the picture over on top of itself in a different spot. It does an amazing job in most situations for removing names and such. Anyways, I would have healed the ledge out of the top right corner of #8. It's too busy with your sig. If you wanted to keep it there, though, you should have put your sig in the bottom left corner. It's a spot that doesn't get noticed and isn't obstructive. I see you also tried to get rid of the SCEA thing. Oh well, I'm going to make this my wallpaper so I'll just fix it for me.
I wish you would have taken two pics for #11. The second one could have been focused on the top of the hill with the car having a motion blur, like it's speeding through the esses really fast. I think that'd be neat.
You should pay more attention to sig placement. I got on Sejtur about that a while back. I'm not a photographer or anything, I just don't like an interesting part of the pic interrupted by a name. Numbers 14 and 15 both would look better with the sig in the bottom left.
That might look like a lot of bad stuff, but most of it is trivial, so don't worry. Here comes the good stuff, which kicks the bad stuffs' asses.
You should tell FoMoCo (Ford Motor Company) to change it's symbol to the one in #2. They are really colorful, yet still blue. It just looks really cool.
I love the cloudless sky which is in many photos. I looks so peaceful. All until that damn Lotus tears through it going 150+!
The 6th, 7th, and 8th pics all have that peaceful sky and look tropical and stuff. #8 is in my top 3 favorites, if not the most, of this set.
Number 10 has a great sense of speed. I always hav loved the vents and stuff on the top of those cars that you don't get to see often. I just like the colors and composition and everything. Top 3 for me.
The Lotus banners are pretty appropriate in #12. It's a nice touch. I like the mix of colors. The green, yellow, blue, black, and white all go good together.
The last photo, #17, is in my top 3, definitely. It's so complicated! I love it. I looks like a still shot from a TV commercial or something. A picture right out of the Lotus brochure. So modern and it has a great engineering feel to it; I guess that's from the entrance into the parking garage. Did you make this one just for me, cause I love modern straight lines and stuff. And the silhouette of the car looks distorted and stretched. That turned out looking cool, also.

By the way, which link do you use to post your big pics? I know, I know "why don't you try them and find out?" right? Yaaawwwwwwwnnn. I'm too tired.

Keef, you're so good at commenting! You get 👍 👍 from me! :)

Very impressive update, PB, I think it's your best. 👍

Wow, this is great, I'll just start off and give everyone a big THANK YOU!
Now, on the the replys.

@JFM: Um.. where have you seen this car before, I never did this elise before.

@bjc - 3000: Acually I didnt replace the sky, it just turned white from the highlighting I did, so I tinted it blue and in the other pic, pinkish.

@keef: .....WOW......Dude, you need some kind of reward for your comments. I'll try to incorporate your ideas into my future pics, but usually i start to edit them, get bored after like the 5th one, and try to finish as fast as i can, that explains the bad jobs of removing the scea things and such. For the big pics i use the "hotlink for forums" thing.

Everyone else, Thanks again. And keep commenting.

very nice, the first one, you gave me a sneak peek on, and it is great looking, aside from that, last two thumbs also make up my favorite pics. You are doing good work now, better than your old gallery. Must be that new-gallery smell

PERFECT BALANCE
@bjc - 3000: Acually I didnt replace the sky, it just turned white from the highlighting I did, so I tinted it blue and in the other pic, pinkish.
Ahh, I see! I just wondered why the sky is so crispy clean. Thanks alot. 👍

Prost! :cheers:

Another excellent update!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

They are all my favorites!!!

Now you make me want to buy a blue Lotus aswell as a red Vette :dopey:

Awesome gallery PB, keep it up 👍

I'm really looking forward to your next update!!

This is one impressive update! First off, you chose the perfect car and track combination. Secondly, that Elise is gorgeous. Wings usually look awful on GT4 cars, but this Lotus pulls it off perfectly with the wheels and lowered stance. I love how clean all of your pictures are. Pretty much, just, wow!

Thanks everybody, wow, more than a page of comments for that last one. I should have a r32 GT-R update Later today, but I'm not 100% sure.

Meh...this next update is kinda crappy IMO, I was really in the mood and everything until I layed down for a couple minutes and fell asleep. So I wake up like 3 hours later in a bad mood, so these pics are probably not that good.

LEAVE A COMMENT!!!!!

Thanks Fletch and speedy. When I said that the update is bad, I don't really mean it sucks, it's just that either its not what I wanted it to be, or it sucks when compared to some of my other stuff. So you might think its good, but when I look at it, I see something that could have possibly have been a lot better, so, for me, these pics are more of a failure than a success.

Well if you do this in “bad mood” …… :dopey: love the first big one and the bridge pic is a real eye catcher :eek: . Overall I think it’s a nice and well composed update :cheers:

that vert pic on the bridge is awesome man, you did great this time, actually, you are doing way better on everything, a good feeling of glow and softness on these, but its not over done, like mine were. Great job pb! 👍

Thanks for being honest. I know i could have done better, i was in a bad mood. What wrong with the rest of the pics? Why don't they appeal to you?

wow man! i don't believe my eyes! great shots! how can your pics to be so real?
congratulations ! strong job!!
i want to be like you when i grow up! :)

PERFECT BALANCE
Thanks for being honest. I know i could have done better, i was in a bad mood. What wrong with the rest of the pics? Why don't they appeal to you?
Need something different. Something i would not usually take a shot of. That 2nd big shot, been there done that. AND a couple others, been there done that. ALSO shots SOO COMMON. Like this:
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00046cm.jpg
^Great editing, but so plain. I see nothing there :indiff:
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00014sr.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00159zd.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00082pd.jpg
^Nothing there. Yes we get it, the R32 has a nice @$$ so move on.
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00037dx.jpg
^Repititive. Hate it. Quality>Quantity
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00118iz.jpg
^Yeah...and?
Hopefully your "bad mood" wasnt an excuse. AND this is what i think.

Thats my weakness there, I'm very bad at finding angles. For me, thers angles that look good, and angles that look bad, no in-between. Unfortunatly, the number of angles I like is small, I could take a bigger variety of pics, but they don't look good to me. I'll just have to get over that for my next update. Thanks for pointing that out. I'l try to do better next time.

Also, has anyone noticed that the first big pic is just a regular r32? I was going to do that car, then i saw the dumb looking exhaust and decided to go with the Nismo.

Yeah, I noticed that normal R32 at school earlier. I thought "Isn't that NISMO supposed to have a watermelon-sized exhaust tip?". Anyways, I'll probably have one of my big fancy reviews tomorrow. My school system is pretty stubborn with snow days, even though one of our buses wrecked thismorning, so I have to go to sleep so I can stay awake in der Schule like a good little boy tomorrow.

I keep thinking that your gallery title says, "Perfect Balance's (Retarted) Gallery!"

Love them Nismos. Great angles on the last few.

Back