Perfect Balance's Gallery | Lancer Evo GT-A

Thanks guys, I really need to work on my angles. I noticed the problem when i first started making decent pics, so I tried to do my best to include the backrounds and stuff, to sort of make each shot different. But with grand valley speedway, the lack of a interesting enviorment makes everything all of a sudden stand out. Then as you look through them, you think, didn't I just see this shot?

Also, jfm, I wasn't using the "bad mood" as an escuse. I though there was just little things wrong with the pics, that could have been caused by how i was feeling then. But for somethign as big as this, a "bad mood" doesnt work here.

Hey, for you the pics might look not so good, because you know what you wanted to do with them. We don´t know this, so for us they look great, at least the editing. Sure the angles might seem known already, and disturb especially you, but that´s mainly caused by the sheer volume of the update. IMHO, if there´d been selected only the 3-4 best pics, it´d be just superb.

Prost! :cheers:

Thanks bjc!

OK, here's and update for JFM. I tried to get new angles here, and I think I did good, I'm really happy with this update. PLease Comment!

Dude awesome angles. I didn't even think that the car was on that track :lol: The angles are so new, and they focus much on scenery, but awesome pics dude. 9.5 👍

No, I meant, I knew what track it was, but most of the time I thought it was another different track, but once again. I think this is one of your best :D

Hey, sweet pics, man. The red and back wheels look great on the lancer, the only pic i didnt like as much as the rest was the 4th of the large ones but other than that, great update.

Good job there PB! Only little repetitive but not as much.

Ok, i'll start off saying the 1st shot is so-so. And the row below it was aiight.
The second big shot's a beauty. BUT the row below it are shots i thought you'd avoid this time but i guess you didnt. :indiff: Why? Just plain...
3rd big shot seems just like the 2nd big shot, so i'd pass on that. The row below it is the best out of this whole update. SHots i could've never came up with. :) <SANTA HAT!!!!
The last big shot is my fav out of the whole update. 👍 I dunno but i just like it.
AND the row beneath it is the most unique i'd seen from you so far. :)

Thanks Guys!!
JFM: I personally liked every shot in this update.
As for the pics after the second big one, I really like the 1st, second and last shots in those. Those angles might be common, but I'm not going to go around good angles because people use them a lot.

Wow, now I have two updates to comment on. I'm glad that, like everyone else, there isn't much to say about the 'ol NISMO. This might be redundant, since you fixed your problem and all, but whatever.
I did notice that #1 is just a normal R32.
Number 4 has a nice engineered look with the bridge, but there is nothing going on with the car. Not even reflections.
The 6th shot is pretty good; I like the curves of the fnce and curb.
On #9 I could almost take a protractor and measure the car's tilt and find that it'd be nearly identical to #4.
You had a couple good partial shots. The 16th pic has a good sense of speed with the fast spinning wheels and the blurred background. See, this pic has excitement. But the back edge of the side window looks like a sawblade. On PS, the smudge tool would rectify that problem. The round tail lights and the ends of the exhaust tip and muffler in #18 are perfect candidates for smudging. It looks like crap, how could you miss that!? That is the whole reason Pixeljunkynz had the smudge thing in his tutorial in the first place, and the reason I started doing it. But the composition of this pic is good.
The bottom four are the most intersting by far with the curvy esses and stuff. But the car seems to be still, no movement at all. But then again, some camera angles in replays just don't blur no matter what.

Now this, PB, is mucho, uh, bettero. I don't speak Espanol. Having many variations is a good thing, keep this up.
Amazing partials dude. Are you aspiring to take VR6's place when he dies or something?
Hey, more round lights. You know what that means.
You should get the real photoshop just for the "heal" brush. Ninety percent of the time it does an unconstitutionally good job. Now and then I see a goober left by your futile attempts to hide the SCEA tag. If I get the smudge thing lined up right, it looks nearly perfect. The blurs aren't super noticable, though, I'm just a fastidious person.
I luuuuuv the color scheme in #7. The red, black, and white mix so well it boggles the mind. The straight bars of the fence give this photo--it's so good it's a photo, not just a pic--a nice contemporary flare. The Mitsu sign in back is a sweet detail.
I noticed the two-tone sig in #12. That's a nice touch.
Your 13th shot is a complex asian-looking shot with all the stuff cluttering the background. It needs an uber-goober smudge on the 'ol rims, though.
I passed out, fell, and bonked my noggin when I saw the blue theme in #16. It goes super-duper with the surprising amout of blue stuff in the background.Ya think they did that on purpose? Really modern and just awesome. One of the best.
The stripes are sweet! I've ne'er seen anyone else having a pic that looked like #18. So unique, it's definitely in the top five of this set.
As usual, I love the complexity present in #19. It looks like a TV commercial. It has a very nice palette and great composition. It's got street racer feel to it, despite the fact that it's daytime. I have to say that some drift pics would have helped satisfy the Japanese theme, but this set is great as it is. If you're ever running out of angles try a shot on a straight where the car is speed blurred and the background is still. That's always different.

I just read TVR's comment about the beach. I must be tired again because I started rolling!:lol: So simple, so direct. Hilarious!

Thanks keef, your comments are always helpful. What do you mean by getting the "real" photoshop? I have Adobe photoshop 7. Most of the jagged stuff is dude to my laziness. I really hate editing pics,. I knowit would look better, but then after a while, i'm just like screw it, and go through it quickly. That also explains the bad jobs of removing the sigs.

Wow PB, awesome update. Every shot is perfect. I personally like the second lagre shot myself. Just the right amount of light, sharpness, and softness. Hope to see more. 👍

I like the angles man, I think you've found out some new ones! :)
Maybe it's just because this track is way underused in photomode, I don't really know why anymore. 👍

Thanks Sejtur.

This update is not about angles or anything. I was just trying to make some good shots. Quality>Quantity.

PLEASE COMMENT!!!

You have PS 7.0? I thought you had some paint thing. Or was that Sej? Arrgghhhhh!!! My brain! I can't keep it all straight. I wish Adobe had a monopoly on this stuff, it'd be so much easier on my head.
Okay, I've calmed down, my headache went away, I'm ready to comment.
As I was scrolling I started to see the color purple. I thought "That's different." Then I saw buildings, figured that was a purple sky, and said "Cool." Then I saw a big luxury muscle car drifting, smoking it's tires, and belching flames out it's big exhaust tips. "Frickin' SWEET!" I softly exclaimed. I studied it and found no obvious mistakes. I did notice how the flames look very real, if not realistically applied, but then again it's oh so cool when race cars go snap, crackle, POP! The tires look like real rubber, the smoke looks real, the chrome looks real, the whole photo looks real.
I scrolled further and uncovered what appeared to be a still frame off of a Chrysler commercial that you paused with a DVR. Then I saw that the car was jumping a curb andrealized that Chrysler would never do that with a real 300C. I like that commercial analogy, because when a car companies do it big. Nice chrome, nice bright xenon headlights, beautiful colors, great picture.
The 3rd pic really shows off the luxury goober suspension. This pic has nice background movement but isn't as sweet as the first two pics. It's really appealing by B&W standards, though.
I really love all the colors in #4. Especially in the headlights, it looks like a rainbow. The red and green reflections are a thing very unique to the Shanghai track and they look good on the car. I would have dodged the rims to make them a little chromier, though. They aren't as real as the previous shots. I lke the fence in the background, too. I'm sure you know why.
Again, amazing colors in #5. This shot is really intersting. The fence way back there split the storefronts into lines that make for a background that seems to be doing someting and not just sitting there. There road is poop brown but looks like flowing chocolate from a Hershey's ad or something. I'm telling you, that chocolate's some good stuff. Actually, I think that's my favorite in this set just because the road looks like chocolate.
I think you should keep the rest of your updates small, they really do turn out better.

Thanks keef! yea i do use adobe photoshop 7. Sejtur is the one with paintshop pro. Acually the reason this update turned out good, was because i was really in the mood for photoshopping all of a sudden. Usually I try to get through it as fast as I can. Also, Div's update really inspired my to try something like that.

Back