:D thanks alot man :)

throttlehappy
great stuff! 👍
i like the first one the most
check out my updates if you like
thank you kindly, ill stop by asap ;)

Vonie
Holy crap, man, both are awesome.
The sky in the first and the blur in the second, great stuff.
thanks alot vonie :D

Dick Steel
Those are awesome 👍 Keep up the good work!
thank you DS :)

hellaSmoked
Nice, i love the second one. The first one is cool too with the sky and the cones. 👍
thank you kindly :)

TURBO (@)....
Wow you did a great job on tho's Zonda pic's Keep up the good work!
thanks bro :)

NTX1982
Both wallpapers are awesome, well done FA!! incredible, bring more!
thanks alot NTX, u know ill bring more ;)

franz
The Zonda wallpaper is real good
the cloud colour looks wonderful 👍
thank you kindly :embarrassed:

Krame
Wow, really nice job freddy. The first one is awesome.
:lol: freddy is my new nickname? thanks bud ;)

Tutorial: 2 Door Conversion

banner1bh.jpg

Before we start:
Keep in mind this tutorial requires alot of patients and a steady hand. The removal of the car lines take some time so please don't give up. With that being said. lets get started.

Because this project may require alot of layers, which is extremely useful in an event of a major mistake. It would be wise to organize the layers using folders.

Step 1: After opening the image and doing some minor clean up work to the photo, brightening and what not. create a new folder by clicking the icon on the layer's window indicated by the red arrow on the screenshot. Name it "Body" all the layers dealing with the body work will be put in here. NOTE: I decided to choose this angle because it provides a good view of the side making the tutorial easier to follow. This technique will work on almost all angles.

Step 2: After creating and naming the folder, use the lasso tool to select the area around the front door line and handle, using shift after the first area is selected then clicking on where you want to start the next selection will allow you to do multiple selections. After both the door handle and door line are selected. Make via Copy from the photo then drop the newly copied layer into the "Body" folder and name the layer "Door Handle & Line" for quick reference later on. Make this layer invisible and keep it the top most layer on this folder for now.

Step 3:Zoom in and select a block of color near the door handle. make sure it goes along with the color around the door handle. Make via copy from the car photo.

Step 4: After dropping the layer into the "Body" folder position the layer over the door handle

Step 5: This is step will be the "meat" of the project. After the layer is positioned. There are a few things that you might have to do. In my case there were times where i had to do a little of each.
- Trim the layer, if the colored block extends past an area of different color
- Blur or airbrush the edges of the block inorder to get the colors to b lend neatly
- Extend the block because it is not long enough to cover the entire handle. (in this case duplicate the layer)

Step 6: Repeat step 3-5 until all the door line and handle from the car are covered. After this is done, you are about 75% done with the project.

Step 7: Go back to the "Door Handle & Line" layer and make it visible and nudge it towards the rear fender to your desired position. NOTE: Resizing and trimming might be necessary. Also, if the colors on the door line do not match the body color, trim about a pixel (width wise) from each side of the door line.

Step 8: Minimize the "Body" folder and create a new folder and name it "Window"

Step 9: Using the Lasso tool, select the black bar shown in the screenshot and Make Via Copy from the photo.

Step 10: Name this layer "Black Bar" and keep it above all the other layers in this folder and keep it invisible for now. (Simular to the door handle and door line layer)

Step 11: Using the same technique you learned doing steps 3-4, do the same to the windows. This time removing the two black bars in the window. (If your lazy, simply select the entire window and fill it with black)

Step 12: Go back to the "Black Bar" layer, make it visible and align it with the door line. Congratduations! You're done!

Final Result:

Add-on: This project does not require use of multiple layers but I highly suggest you to use them. It makes life alot easier if you do. (Thanks Matt)

_______________________________________​

Krame
Whoops, sorry. I was looking at the wrong gallery that I commented on. :lol: Either way, nice job.
:lol: np man. thanks for the comment ;)

omg i was trying to fix some typos using my PSP and the stupid thing cut off almost all of my write up :banghead: i have a back up on my comp i'll post it tomorrow :banghead:

JFM92_GTRacer
Damn, cant keep up :lol: That's very advanced for me :)
Give it a shot man, u never know till u try ;)

Krame
Very nice tutorial man.
thanks alot krame :)

PLmatt91
Great tutorial FA, I'll try and use it some time. Extremely confusing though :(
thanks man :) about the confusing part, thanks again for pointing it out, i greaty appreciate it ;)

One more thing: Sorry about the down time guys :banghead:

sunset9rp.jpg

I've been experiementing with this sunset look and decided to play around with it a little today. I'm not exactly sure if this is how its supposed to look but it came out ok. Comments and suggestions are welcomed as usual :)

It would look better if it was a little bit brighter and sharper. Try and do a sharp view on the car but have the aperture look at 1.8 and blur out the rest after the car from the front.

For me is beautiful. great sunset all around the track. And the cars are so well, impressive!!! keep up mate!:)

The sunset is beautiful. But like has been said before, the foreground does'nt quite match the sharpness of the BG clouds. Just a little less blur on the foreground and it will look much better.

Wow, awesome affects!
Seems like it's so much to learn though...........:guilty: I guess it will take a while to get to your skill level. But please keep them coming, we all love looking at them!

i think its beautiful. the band of yellow sky streaking across the mid section is awesome, and the dark sky and intense shadows produced give it a gothic overtone. oh. im back btw, looking forward to catching up :)

I know this is pushing it but, I think it would look awesome if you sharpened the cars up just alittle not alot and then had all the cars down the line with their tail lights on.

I think you are trying to capture the sky
I guess it looks better with the camera closest to the ground
and get a bit more close up to the Z
but it just my opinion on composition
The sunset tone is really good IMO
I may wanna add a moon and some stars for cool features
and bluriness on the track is completely fine to me

Thats a great suset. fantastic colour. I find the bluriness of the track fine as well... maybe just a tad less blur on the car (keep it alittle blurry), and it would be perfect.

Keep it up dude :)

Back