Lap Times - Nurburgring

• Thread starter tuff240
  • 212 comments
7'00.873, Yosh Suzuki GSX-R1000 8HR. Full pro mode, manual transmission.

Replay to be posted on Monday. Forgot my damn flash drive at work. Stormryder, I'll be needing some feedback.

Uncreated

I'm ready when you are, nice time by the way. I did 6'56.xxx in full pro mode, auto transmission. But none the less, both Pro mode and Semi-Pro mode have their pro's and con's.

Empty Space
id love to see a sub 7 minute lap from someone using pro mod

Add another name to the under 7 minute camp.

6'59.376. Full pro mode, manual transmission, Tourist Trophy mode. Failure conditions off. Jomo Suzuki GSX-R1000 8HR (Srixon). Highlights include lots of wheelspin, at least one missed shift, 228 miles per hour on the back straight and a wheelie at the finish line. Pro mode is twitchy as hell.

Isn't entirely a clean run, but a fast one. Enjoy

Uncreated

Attachments

• uncreated.zip
    50.2 KB · Views: 22
Yamaha TZ250 7'15".149 in Tourist Trophy mode with custom setings and riding form. Hit the grass about 4 o 5 times but it was from pushing so hard I would skim over the grass a little bit upon corner exit. One rather bad **** up also but it didn't cost me to much time. Trying to improve this time or equal it without touching the grass ever so it can be an official entry.

BTW I'm working on your times Uncreated. :P I can't for the life of me use Pro Mode still, I'm sticking with Semi-Pro mode.

Still a very enjoyable replay. These TZs are ****ing FAAASTT!! :dopey:

Attachments

• REPLAY.zip
    59 KB · Views: 15
id love to see what a tz250 could really do. i just managed 7.11.8 and on the next lap i was up by 1 second at one point only to lose a little here and there then crash half way through the lap.

[empty space]
id love to see what a tz250 could really do. i just managed 7.11.8 and on the next lap i was up by 1 second at one point only to lose a little here and there then crash half way through the lap.

Thats cool, I just did a 7'04.573 lap time with a tz250. It would be cool if I could get it under the 7 minute mark.

:(

im close to having a sub 7 lap with the ysp & presto, i just did a 7'01.6 and then was two seconds up only to crash right after that sector mark.

-Stormryder-
Enjoy... and I'll come back later with a better time.

Looking forward to it. In the meantime, you can use my 6'52.374 pro mode run as a ghost. I unlocked the Presto R1 8H and I absolutely LOVE it. My riding form and bike settings are so positively dialed in that I could slam the bike back and forth until my elbows grind and not lowside.

I was creaming your ghost until about ten feet to the finish line. I got too cautious on the final turn and took it in first gear. You beat me by about half a bike length with your higher exit speed.

I had you by about a mile on the back straight; I hit the bend at about 180 and you blazed by me going about 190-195. Then I took the lead back in the subsequent s-turns which I took mostly in sixth gear.

Can't get any closer than that.

Uncreated

Attachments

• 652374.zip
    69.4 KB · Views: 27
-Stormryder-
Just wait till I come with a 8H bike. Nice replay by the way.

Bring it. I'm a machine. I have unlimited patience and willpower, not to mention I figured out a very critical riding technique for handling the massive jumps. The first jump at the top of the hill about 45 seconds in I can take comfortably at 135MPH. It's at that point I'm able to open a two mile, 1-second lead on your ghost.

What I do know is that there isn't much wiggle room left for either of us. Terminal velocity in pro mode on the 'ring can't be far off.

And unless I'm missing something, the lack of specs on the 8H bikes doesn't mean they're tuned any better than their RM counterparts. Even if they were better, the difference would probably be negligible. For all we know, the 8Hs might boast equal, perhaps worst specs. Perhaps better. Top secret like they say, therefore we can't be conclusive about 'em.

Uncreated

I really took my time on that replay. I didnt expect myself to stay infront of everyone with it. I still havent been able to crack my 6'48 time. Just to remind you, that replay is almost identical to my 3rd slowest time on Nurburgring. 2nd slowest on that bike. A 6'50 time wont be hard if I actually push it.

Now doing one good laptime on Nurburgring without crashing is good. But how about 5? Or 10 laps? Thats my next challenge I set for myself.

-Stormryder-
I really took my time on that replay. I didnt expect myself to stay infront of everyone with it. I still havent been able to crack my 6'48 time.
That's fine. You'll notice in my replay I had several major offs, so technically through my own sloppiness, I didn't take my time but I certainly gave it away.
Just to remind you, that replay is almost identical to my 3rd slowest time on Nurburgring.
I hope you're differentiating between your semi-pro and pro runs when you say that. The fact alone that semi-pro includes traction control represents a major advantage over pro mode. I reason that semi-pro is closer to standard in terms of difficulty due to the need to manually control traction in pro as well as both brakes separately. I honestly think there's no comparison.

Yes, your 6'48 time is phenomenal, but it's a handicapped run due to having run it in semi-pro. I've taken sample of a lot of Tourist Trophy conversation on the various boards and on the topic of time trial runs, the same question invariably pops up -- did you run it in pro mode? Not to take anything away from your effort; it's very respectable, but I'm sure you're aware the GT4-TT community is pretty fussy about its realism. It's generally an all or nothing affair around these parts. It's the way it is.
Now doing one good laptime on Nurburgring without crashing is good. But how about 5? Or 10 laps? Thats my next challenge I set for myself.
I'd love to see a replay of that. Extended runs aren't my thing; I like the art of hotlapping. I've been doing it for many years on various games.

And on the topic of 8H bikes, I did a quick Google search on the capabilities of endurance spec machines and came back with the understanding that endurance tuning often sacrifices performance for durability (softer cam timings, compression ratios and such), not to mention the added weight of lights, starters and generators that eat into their bottom line power. So it probably isn't uncommon seeing endurance bikes perform equally or less capably than their supersport/superbike/superstock counterparts. Having said that, your 1000RR RM may very well be a "better" (read, faster) machine than your Motul Tiger, but that's only one of many possible variables, rider skill and pure luck being the critical two.

Enjoyed racing your ghost. Keep 'em coming.

Uncreated

Split times from my 6'52.374 and your 6'52.359. Advantage is the time difference at each checkpoint. I had an average lead of 0.521 seconds during the race.

untitled.jpg

Uncreated

I'm very aware of the communities skeptisism to realism. I also am aware of what the ups and downs of both Pro and Semi-Pro mode are. Simply put, the way I have my controls setup (as far as braking goes), it would not matter what mode I used, simply because I placed the Front brake as L1 and the rear brake as L2. So I have two finger's always near the L1/L2 buttons, and that doesnt cause issues for me. The only real difference is the traction control.. which is very easy to control... but very easy to loose control if your not aware of what your doing.

So the big difference is the traction control. Not everyone is the same kind of player/rider so I cant tell which is more "better", but thats not the issue. The issue is realism. People, not naming anyone, can brag all they want about how my 6'48 replay is semi-pro mode, I really dont give a crap what their "opinion" is. I am, by all means, not cheating or using the easy way out, or whatever you choose to call it. It takes a little more effort in Pro mode (on certain aspects) to do a lap than Semi-Pro mode (vica versa, as the traction control will bite back if you push it to hard).

I seem to be faster on a 8HR bike on some occasions. So I can/do go faster on an RM bike than a 8HR, and visa versa.

About me differentiating on my times... I am simply trying to point out a trend in my times. And also the fact that I am capable of using all modes of the controller. So a 6'50 pro mode time is very possible, and so is a 6'48 time. Matter of time before you or myself can accomplish that.

The Uncreated
Split times from my 6'52.374 and your 6'52.359. Advantage is the time difference at each checkpoint. I had an average lead of 0.521 seconds during the race.

untitled.jpg

Uncreated

Now thats cool :)

Can you do a comparison for my 6'48 time? I'd like to see the difference.

-Stormryder-
People, not naming anyone, can brag all they want about how my 6'48 replay is semi-pro mode, I really dont give a crap what their "opinion" is.
LOL! Way to be a diplomat. :)
So a 6'50 pro mode time is very possible, and so is a 6'48 time. Matter of time before you or myself can accomplish that.
Indeed. At least we can comfortably claim ownership on the fastest (known) pro mode times on the Internet. There's a mere 0.015 separating the two of us. For a bike going 100MPH, that's pretty damn close.

I'll grab your times from your 6'48 and compare them.

Uncreated

Since the numbers above were pretty uniform, we could also compare both of our pro mode efforts against your 6'48 semi-pro run. The two columns show how far ahead (advantage) your semi-pro run was against our pro. Overall, I fared better against your semi-pro. It's hardly scientific, but the rough conclusion that can be drawn (so far) is that I have the potential to be the more accomplished pro mode player. :crazy:

This can become more scientific as we do more comparisons going forward. It would definitely be interesting to see.

untitled4.jpg

Uncreated

Gotta love the competition here guys:tup: Also nice work with the time charts Uncreated, that's very cool.

Just thought I'd throw my time in the ring, so far a 6'54:xxx with the Moriwaki RR 8H w/Semi-Pro.
That was about two weeks ago and I don't think I've even had time to put in two laps since then. I have made a crucial suspension change since then that has had me ahead of my ghost by 3+ seconds ...only to crash on the final S-curves though:ouch: :indiff:

Trussii651
Gotta love the competition here guys:tup: Also nice work with the time charts Uncreated, that's very cool.

Just thought I'd throw my time in the ring, so far a 6'54:xxx with the Moriwaki RR 8H w/Semi-Pro.
That was about two weeks ago and I don't think I've even had time to put in two laps since then. I have made a crucial suspension change since then that has had me ahead of my ghost by 3+ seconds ...only to crash on the final S-curves though:ouch: :indiff:

Aww thats a shame. I know you can get a good time Trussi, keep trying buddy. 👍

Those charts are awsome uncreated...

I'd like to see some sort of TT tourney in the states, and if alot of people would show up, I wonder where alot of us who are online would stand as far as times for this track go.

Trussii651

Fantastic time.

See how ya fare in pro mode sometime. We must build up the ranks of pro mode disciples. GTPlanet Nurburgring Pro Mode Posse, yo.

Ahem.

Uncreated!

Back