Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
Another ride tested. I took your old Datsun to the 'Ring and lapped in 9'3x.xxx (with room for improvement).
Cornering is amazing, even if the speed is not too high... but the car feels a bit bouncy.

Red Datsun with rally Datsun rims = Fantastic :sly:

Thanks for trying my car. :) My best time at the 'ring was 9:58. :indiff: That car in RL had better corner speed than any other car in the race, but it also had the worst power to weight ratio, everything would pass me on the straight. The ride was always very, very stiff, so it used to skip from bump to bump when i drove it on bumpy roads. On smooth roads it was brilliant.

I have now "opened my tuner garage" but i have no idea how to create links to the cars i have already posted. Help please. :)

Up in the top right hand side of all of your posts, there is a number (post#153 on this one). CLick on it, and copy the adress that's in the adress bar (gtplanet.net/forum/awholelottajunk or something). Go back to the thread, click edit on your garage post, and press "Go Advanced". Highlight the name of the car the post you just linked to was about (If you clicked on a Ford Taurus and copied that link, only highlight that car in your garage post.) THen click a button up at the top that looks like a globe sorta thing (if you hold your mouse over it it should say hyperlink) and paste the adress into the box. hit ok and it will be linked. :) Let's hope you can understand me ;)

VW Golf GTi Mark V Nur. Ed.

Test Results
60+ miles of testing...
Tsukuba: 1'03.489
Nurburgring: 7'53.878

(no changes to transmission or any other settings were made for either of the courses used to test)
(A GT Wing was not used at any point of testing or racing)

Power
284 HP
1215 KG
4.277 PWR
(rotating car display shows 280hp/280ft.lb.torque)

Parts
(No GT Wing)
Semi Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Racing Suspension
Turbo Stage 1
Sports Intercooler
Full Custom Transmission
Sports Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Full Custom Limited Slip Differential
Sports Soft (S3) Tires
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Oil Change
Wheels (pictured with Speedline 020)

Total Cost: 116,580 Cr.

Settings
7/7 Brake Balance Controller

9.0/8.5 Spring Rate
135/135 Ride Height
6/7 Bound
6/7 Rebound
1.8/2.2 Camber
0/0 Toe
5/5 Stabilizers
20/30/20 LSD

3.942 1st
2.810 2nd
2.051 3rd
1.578 4th
1.270 5th
----
1.069 6th
----
2.500 Final Drive Ratio
----
7 Auto Slider

Tuner's Notes
This car was designed to be cost effective, fast, and easy to drive. Tuned specifically to handle Nurburgring as a Touge 280 car, this GTi runs up to 160mph on a 5 speed transmission (6th is not used).
Tuning the LSD and Transmission were primary goals and the focus of the majority of test runs. Due to this approach, grip levels are good and the transmission is one-of-a-kind.
Considering the lack of downforce, sports tires, and 4.2pwr, I believe this is the fastest FF I have tuned.

Please feel free to test the car and respond with comments, photos, or replay files.
Good luck with the racing and have fun!

Alfa Romeo GTA Rally Car
Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
Reccomended color: Rosso Alfa
Settings:
Exhaust: Racing
Racing Chip: Sports
NA Tuning: Stage 3
Tyre Type: Dirt
Front: --
Rear: --
Nitrous: None (you kidding me?)
Turbine Kit: None
Intercooler: None
Supercharger: None
Brakes: Racing
Brake Controller: Equip:
Front: 4
Rear: 8
Suspension: Racing:
Spring Rate:
Front: 10.0
Rear: 11.0
Ride Height:
Front: 99
Rear: 104
Shock (Bound):
Front: 3
Rear: 4
Shock (Rebound):
Front: 9
Rear: 8
Camber Angle:
Front: 1.1
Rear: 2.0
Toe Angle:
Front: 0
Rear: 0
Stabilizers:
Front: 6
Rear: 2
Transmission: Full Customize*
Clutch: Triple-plate
Flywheel: Racing
Carbon Driveshaft: None
Driving Aids:
ASM (Oversteer): 0
ASM (Understeer): 0
TCS: 0
Downforce: --
Limited-Slip: Full Customize:
Initial Torque: 5
Limited-slip Acceleration: 60
Limited-slip Deceleration: 5
AYC Controller: None
Variable Center Diff: Standard
Weight Balance:
Balast Weight: 0
Front Rear Balance: 0

Notes:

*I put the final drive to full, then the autoset to 1. Then I adjusted the final drive gear to match the track. IT doesn't really matter what you put here, depending on the track you are racing it on.

You should purchase weight reductions 1, 2, and 3, and roll cage.

So, I hope you enjoy it, but I'm no expert on car setups yet. I may come back and add pics, as well as tweak the setup a bit...

Up in the top right hand side of all of your posts, there is a number (post#153 on this one). CLick on it, and copy the adress that's in the adress bar (gtplanet.net/forum/awholelottajunk or something). Go back to the thread, click edit on your garage post, and press "Go Advanced". Highlight the name of the car the post you just linked to was about (If you clicked on a Ford Taurus and copied that link, only highlight that car in your garage post.) THen click a button up at the top that looks like a globe sorta thing (if you hold your mouse over it it should say hyperlink) and paste the adress into the box. hit ok and it will be linked. :) Let's hope you can understand me ;)

Thanks Mini, that works perfectly. :)

first car
PACEMAKER

the FIRST tuner truck (yes a truck)
preadator

the long awaited elise
click here for it

Aston martin db9 (db9-r)
ASTON MARTIN db9-r

hommel berlinette R/S
click here

i did the hommel that way caue everyones driving style is different and i set it that way so if one person likes and person b dont really they can use my setup and mod it to their liking and the power, i felt thats all that was needed

mercedes slr mclaren PROJECT 714

[url='https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2788383&postcount=1039"] Spyker C8-R[/url]
THANK YOU FOR VISITING TWIZTID AUTOSPORTS
holy geez its been forever since i've visited this

Last edited:
GT have you fixed that probelm with the pants braking. Cuase I really need to use it to win me the supercar festival but the brakes arent good enough. So please fix them.

im still in the process of that i've tried the brake controller at 12 front and rear and it seems to stop quicker on my end

HKS Supra
'97 Toyota Supra JZA80 2JZ-GTE by HKS

After so many dragsters, HKS finally turned its plans towards a racing Toyota Supra. A Supra capable of pulling out battles with supercars like the Ford GT, Dodge Viper SRT, Mclaren SLR, Saleen S7, etc. After many hours of testing, HKS unleashed their new machine to the people. At first sight, we nearly don't notice anything. Everything has been kept original besides the rims, white six-spokes which look very similar to those of a Mitsu Lancer EVO. But when we look under the bonnet, we see were they've been working on. The 2JZ-GTE has been spiced up to an incredible 519 BHP which produces a maximum torque of 744 N/m. But that is not the only thing what has been worked on. A stock Supra weighs enormously much but not this Supra. Weight of this monster has been brought back from a massive 1510 kg to 1263 kg. Thanks to this the Supra sprints from 0-100 km/h in only 3.5 seconds before it reaches 200 km/h in 10 seconds followed by a topspeed of 322 km/h. We all know the Supra is the king of dragsters but what about cornering ability? It's incredible; the Supra seems to handle corners like they were straights. The Supra is fitted with racing rubber. Though incredibly expensive, they provide maximum grip. The Supra has not been tested around tracks yet, HKS leaves this to the driver themselfs if they want a bit of fun.

Specifications:
Engine: 2JZ-GTE, L6-3.0L
Horsepower: 519 BHP/ 744 N/m of torque
Chassis: JZA80
0-100 km/h: 3.5 seconds estimated 3.3 with Tranny settings)
0-200 km/h: 10 seconds
Topspeed: 322 km/h
- HKS Sports Exhaust
- HKS Computer Chip
- Bridgestone R1 Tyres: 235 front/ 275 rear
- HKS Turbine Kit: Stage 2
- HKS Intercooler: Large
- HKS Racing Brakes
- HKS Original Suspension
- HKS Fully Customisable Transmission
- HKS Triple Clutch plate
- HKS Racing Flywheel
- HKS Fully Customisable Limited-Slip Differential system
- Estimated costs (...-300,000 including car price)

Suspension Settings:
- Spring Rate: 12.0/12.0
- Ride Height: 80/80
- Dampers: 8/8
- Camber angle: 3.0/0.0
- Toe angle: 0/0
- Stabilisers: 4/4

Transmission settings:
1st gear: 3.169
2nd gear: 2.097
3rd gear: 1.515
4th gear: 1.149
5th gear: 0.916
6th gear: 0.766
Final: 3.266
Auto settings: 15

LSD Settings:
- kept original/stock

HKS already released some pictures of their new machine, click on each of them to view them in full size:

UltraShot I will test your car some time but I will probably take pics so could you tell me what alloys they are on it as I dont think it would look right without them.

UltraShot I will test your car some time but I will probably take pics so could you tell me what alloys they are on it as I dont think it would look right without them.

Here you go, don't know their code though so I just posted a picture showing the rim in stop...

EDIT: That's not it, I'll come back with a photomode picture of it later 👍

I think I'll jump in here and tell speedster502 that those are Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR TME wheels, code MI0258 and available on the second day of the 30-day cycle. 👍

- R -

I think I'll jump in here and tell speedster502 that those are Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR TME wheels, code MI0258 and available on the second day of the 30-day cycle. 👍

- R -

Thanks and they do look awesome though will try it tommorrow

Has anyone drove and tested my Cooper S yet. It really shows its potential on tracks like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, The Burg and El Capitan. I will also be unrevealing another topsecret project before the end of the week, only hint ill give is that im not done with ze Germans, owahhhh shnaap!

Has anyone drove and tested my Cooper S yet. It really shows its potential on tracks like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, The Burg and El Capitan. I will also be unrevealing another topsecret project before the end of the week, only hint ill give is that im not done with ze Germans, owahhhh shnaap!

Yes I did. I thought it was perfect. I was going to do reviews on some cars and I doubt I will be able to. I havent played in a little while. I printed out most of the car setups so I can try them easily. I must say though FFs seem to understeer when pushed hard. Yours was very little with my driving. I gave it a 90 out of 100.

Also I bet I know what the new car is! Just by that last part. I am very excited!

Thanks Dtm I appreciate the review. That just made me even more excited about getting my next machine on here. That hint was made to throw you off a little but the car will be German manufactured. The revealing will just be in a couple days.:scared:

I have another submission.

A good friend of mine is currently building an S13 Silvia to race in Improved Production. You can check out the class at www.ipravic.com.au or www.ipransw.com.au

I have built a virtual copy in GT4, as follows.

Stage 2 NA tune, race exhaust, oil change, race brakes, fully customisable suspension, stage 1 weight reduction, roll cage, no chassis refresh, large single plate clutch, race flywheel, 1.5 way LSD, SM/S2 tyres.

228hp & 1048kg

Initially, he intends to run with no wing and standard gearbox.

Ride height - 100mm
Camber - 4 degrees front & 1 degree rear

Because he is only 85% of the way through the build, he wasn't able to give me settings for springs, dampers or stabilisers, so i am experimenting and am open to suggestions.

I blitzed the Sunday cup and did very well in the FR challenge. The straight line performance is good but the car understeers badly on turn in and is quite well balanced on corner exit. I don't know how to cure this odd problem.

Hi.

Do you have more details on this Silvia? Is it a '88 or '91 model? K or Q model? If you can, please post the suspension settings. Thanks.

Hi.

Do you have more details on this Silvia? Is it a '88 or '91 model? K or Q model? If you can, please post the suspension settings. Thanks.

I think it's a '91 Q's model, but I'm not sure, does that matter? I don't know what the difference is between them. I know it is the 1998cc N/A SR20 powered model.

I started off with pretty hard springs & dampers.

If it has a brake controller, raise the front brake balance in comparison to the rear.
If not, then try raising the front anti roll bar setting and lower the rear setting just a bit.

I think it's a '91 Q's model, but I'm not sure, does that matter? I don't know what the difference is between them. I know it is the 1998cc N/A SR20 powered model.

I started off with pretty hard springs & dampers.

Just asked the year because I don't know if they're exactly the same. The model Q an K are different for sure (hp at least). Think I'll give it a go. Thanks. 👍

@ MINICOOPER120: about your request, must say I already have something on the forge and it's looking good. :sly:

Here is my garage.

My 1st tuner.

DLR S2000 STAGE 2

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2562664&postcount=94

My 2nd Tuner

2003 Dodge Viper SRT10 DLR Stage 3

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2583487&postcount=191

My 3rd Tuner

2003 Dodge Viper SRT10 DLR Stage 2

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2588771&postcount=238

My 4th Tuner

2003 Dodge Viper SRT10 DLR Stage 1

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2589858&postcount=257

Just asked the year because I don't know if they're exactly the same. The model Q an K are different for sure (hp at least). Think I'll give it a go. Thanks. 👍

@ MINICOOPER120: about your request, must say I already have something on the forge and it's looking good. :sly:

The Silvia's vary depending whether its forced induction or not. In this case the "Q" is Normally Aspirated and the "K" is TURBO CHARGED.

Latest Posts

Back