Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
The Silvia's vary depending whether its forced induction or not. In this case the "Q" is Normally Aspirated and the "K" is TURBO CHARGED.

Now, this is odd... If I use a '91 Q model I end up with less 22 hp (206hp) than stated by Torana (228hp) and also with minus 5 kg. (1043kg instead of 1048kg).

Ok... :D
Updated the list of Garages.
Ultrashot,
Please check that first post again. 👍
I've updated the design of the thread.
Also, that Supra's pictures brought the post to life.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test the ride- I've been testing my own. :mischievous:
I've set up a few FR cars and right now I'm missing a challenge. The Supra seems to be one of the few FRs that presents a challenge for tuning. A few cars that have come to mind are the Nissan Z33 and Honda S2000.

You know, if we start tuning cars that compete in similar classes, we may be able to do some tuner contest after all. :mischievous:

ooh, sounds like good idea! i'm pretty confident that my lotus elan will be quite much unbeatable in 200-250bhp class.

Well, I've tested a few more rides and it's time to post my comments. In no particular order:

AlfaAlfa's Mine's WRX
This car feels fast and very stable (except in bumpy surfaces like the Ring). I think you nailed the suspension settings very well. It has a bit of oversteer, that's easily controllable, but suddenly you start to get understeer that spoils your corner exits... I'm finding it hard to control in tracks like Deep Forest.
Other than that, it's very light and powerful enough to keep some good laps. 👍

Kent's GTi Mark V Nur. Ed.
My first impression of Kent's GTi weren't that good. I can even say I was disappointed with the car's handling and wheel spin was present in every tight corner... but then I realized it was running in 6th gear and found this strange, because it was mentioned the final gear was 5th. I went back and check all the setting and for my surprise, they're all back to default. ****... :crazy: I must be looking elsewhere when setting up the car. Done it all again, this time double checking the values kept there when I exited the settings configuration menu. Let's go to the Ring. :)

A whole new world was about to be discovered... the wheel spin is gone, the gear/speed is now correct. The car never uses 6th gear and the handling is right on. A decent time was set at the Ring, near the mentioned time obtained during testing. 👍

I think it's even better than your Accord. Now I'd really like to see the first Golf GTi tunned by Kent. Just a suggestion.

My Gti is red with BBS CH wheels. :sly:

More to come... :mischievous:

Hey Leonidae, just wanted to comment on your Mad FinnTuner Co's R32 GT-R EVO 1. Having testing it on the ring, my first impression ripping it through the first few gears was that it felt very well balanced, had massive amounts of grip, and an overall wicked sounding engine. I then reached top gear, and found that out of nowhere, the rear of that GTR wanted to just levitate in certain spots!! Really scary, caught me by surprise. I noticed that you posted a setting of 50 rear weight biased towards the back, but you didn't mention how much ballast to add. Was this a mistake? Just curious. Overall i give it a thumbs up. I ran a 6'54.872, but i had to ease off alot going through Pflanzgarten I & II. Have you tried it with S tires yet? Gonna go do a few more laps and see how it drives with S2 or S3 tires.

Mad FinnTuner Co's R32 GT-R EVO 1
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Skyline_2.jpg
    Skyline_2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 184
  • Skyline_1.jpg
    Skyline_1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 184
Thank you! it doesn't have any weight in there, because I add it there when needed. but you could try increasing the rear downforce up to 20. if that isn't enough, add about 33kg into the trunk. I haven't tested it with S-class tyres yet, because I think that even with this grippy setup, 509bhp is too much for them.

Forget my Honda S2000 I am tuning precisely a Mercedes SL65 AMG to become a Brabus SLV12 S BiTurbo yes thats right that 730Bhp monster that was on Topgear last week! It is going well at the moment (Apart from the brakes) so my first ever tuner will be up here tommorow with pictures.

Ok guys, here is my 2nd tuner.

2003 Dodge Viper SRT10 DLR Stage 3.

img00011gt9.jpg

img00021nr6.jpg

Specifications:

Engine - V10 OHV
Displacement - 8275 = 8.275L (8.3L)
Hp/Liter - 133.34
Horsepower - 1032hp @ 5600RPM
Torque - 995.54 FT.LB @ 4200RPM
Redline - 6000RPM
Weight - 1272 kg/2798.4 lbs
PWR (Power-To-Weight) Ratio - 1.233
High Speed Ring Test - 0.59.026
Top Speed - 373.35 km/h (232.00mph)
0-60mph (0-100km/h) - 2.716 Seconds
1/4 Mile Time - 9.343 @ 259km/h (161.88mph)

Parts:

Exhaust - Racing
Racing Chip - Sports
N/A Tuning - Stage 3
Tyre Type - Racing Super Soft
Brakes - Racing
Brake Controller
Suspension - Racing
Transmission - Racing
Clutch - Triple Plate
Flywheel - Racing
Carbon Driveshaft
Wing Installed
Limited Slip - Full Customize
Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balancing

Settings F/R:

Suspension:
Spring Rate - 7.8/7.2
Ride Height - 95/100
Shock (Bound) - 8/8
(Rebound) - 8/8
Camber Angle - 2.5/1.5
Toe Angle - 0/0
Stabilizers - 5/5

Transmission:
1st - 3.414
2nd - 2.205
3rd - 1.571
4th - 1.177
5th - 0.915
6th - 0.749
Final - 3.070
Auto - 15

Aerodynamics:
Downforce - 25/30

LSD:
10/40/20

AIDS:
0/0/1
TCS-1

Notes:

Can run faster in the drag but nitrous is not equipped, I have another Viper that does 8.1xx in the 1/4 mile. This car you can still play around with the settings to go with your driving style, the acceleration is unbelievable. This car is mainly for speed. I also have some track Vipers in the making. Thats mainly the cars I work on.

Kent's GTi Mark V Nur. Ed.
My first impression of Kent's GTi weren't that good. I can even say I was disappointed with the car's handling and wheel spin was present in every tight corner... but then I realized it was running in 6th gear and found this strange, because it was mentioned the final gear was 5th. I went back and check all the setting and for my surprise, they're all back to default. ****... :crazy: I must be looking elsewhere when setting up the car. Done it all again, this time double checking the values kept there when I exited the settings configuration menu. Let's go to the Ring. :)

A whole new world was about to be discovered... the wheel spin is gone, the gear/speed is now correct. The car never uses 6th gear and the handling is right on. A decent time was set at the Ring, near the mentioned time obtained during testing. 👍

I think it's even better than your Accord. Now I'd really like to see the first Golf GTi tunned by Kent. Just a suggestion.

My Gti is red with BBS CH wheels. :sly:

More to come... :mischievous:

First of all, thank you. :bowdown:
Thank you for testing the various cars you've tested as well my car. :bowdown:

I must admit, you did a great job with your post, at first I thought I had a horrible car built for you (plus rep btw).

However, after reading all the way through, I took your comments as a great compliment.
The reason is because I spent a great deal of time tuning that transmission and seeing that testing without the transmission settings validated my work.

Your comments go to show that even the slightest change in setttings can make a world of difference, and so, I say thank you for testing and contributing such a great deal to this thread.

Car submissions are always appreciated but car reviews are rare. :bowdown:

cool,DLRgian trust me on this one the car is horrendusly fast
Did I mention I love fast cars? :sly:
Trust me if I can handle my Viper with no aids except TCS - 1, I think I can pretty much handle anything. But I will tell you that I love tuned GT's.

Can I make the test car a color of my choice?

Did I mention I love fast cars? :sly:
Trust me if I can handle my Viper with no aids except TCS - 1, I think I can pretty much handle anything. But I will tell you that I love tuned GT's.
No seriously DLRgian that car is a killer it is sooo quick mind you be careful with the brakes they often snap the car into a spin and arent very effective at stopping. But that aint GT's fault it is the cars for being so quick.

No seriously DLRgian that car is a killer it is sooo quick mind you be careful with the brakes they often snap the car into a spin and arent very effective at stopping. But that aint GT's fault it is the cars for being so quick. I wanted to get the same amount of torque as you had with your viper for my Brabus but I need it to be 730bhp as well which makes it difficult as that is only a stage one N/A tuning. If I have time DLRgian I might test your Viper but I am low on the money at the mo.
Snap oversteer... I hate when that happens especially on a DFP. :indiff: My Viper had the same problem entering the 1st turn at Grand Valley East and the last turn at High Speed Ring. I eliminated it by leaving the brake at 5 in the front and 3 at the rear and shifting my weight balance to 30 rear. Also the LSD Deceleration can be adjusted. I may do more tests on my Viper because I think she is very capable to be a 1032hp track car. Does your Brabus have a wing? Does it have LSD? That may correct your brakes. As for GT's car I am going to note down his settings and then go for a run. But I did notice his brakes set at 8/8. That may be a reason for the snap oversteer because the rear is too strong and locks up resulting into the spin under braking.

Ummm no it doesnt have a wing but it does have a LSD but I can't really set one of those up but it seems alright thats why I am posting it now.

Brabus SV12 S Bi-Turbo
Parts
Exhaust - Racing
Racing Chip
Tyre Type - Racing Medium
Brakes - Racing
Brake Controller
Suspension - Racing
Transmission - Racing
Clutch - Triple Plate
Flywheel - Racing
Carbon Driveshaft
Limited Slip - Full Customize
Weight Reduction – Stage 1 or 2
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Settings
Brakes: 8/8
Spring Rate: 15.0/15.5
Ride Height: 90/95
Damper Bounce: 7/8
Damper Rebounce: 4/6
Camber Angle: 2.0/1.0
Toe Angle: -1/+1
Stabiliser: 5/4
Transmission: Depends on what track you are planning to drive it around but a recommended suggest of of 17 auto setting.
Driving Aids:
ASM Over steer: 10
ASM Under steer: 10
TCS: 7

General Statistics
Horse power: 741bhp/5500rpm
Top Speed: 234mph
Torque: 119.95 kgfm/2000-4000rpm
Weight: 1723kg
Redline: 6750 rpm
Power to weight ratio: 2.324
0-100-0: 0'10.310
0-200: 0'28.520
Fuji Speedway '80's: 1'17.084

I haven't driven it at the Nurburg ring yet but a lot of preparation has gone in to this car including long distance driving, high speed braking etc.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2562664&postcount=200

Snap oversteer... I hate when that happens especially on a DFP. :indiff: My Viper had the same problem entering the 1st turn at Grand Valley East and the last turn at High Speed Ring. I eliminated it by leaving the brake at 5 in the front and 3 at the rear and shifting my weight balance to 30 rear. Also the LSD Deceleration can be adjusted. I may do more tests on my Viper because I think she is very capable to be a 1032hp track car. Does your Brabus have a wing? Does it have LSD? That may correct your brakes. As for GT's car I am going to note down his settings and then go for a run. But I did notice his brakes set at 8/8. That may be a reason for the snap oversteer because the rear is too strong and locks up resulting into the spin under braking.

that might be the serious problem right there, the brakes are WAYYY too strong . and on your color question go for it

has anyone else tried out my GT yet?

I've tried The Gargoyle, as I like to call it due to the way it sounds, but on a first approach, the brakes are really weak for such a powerful beast. Do you have new settings for brake balance, so I can try it properly? I've only done 2 laps at Deep Forest and kept ending in the grass at the end of the main straight... :nervous:

I ve been working on the brakes for a couple of days and still having some fits with them but thanks for the feedback

I ve been working on the brakes for a couple of days and still having some fits with them but thanks for the feedback

Ok, I'll wait for the final settings then, so I can really test it.

This tuning thing can sometimes be hard... I'm also having troubles with a FF I'm trying to set... :indiff:

that might be the serious problem right there, the brakes are WAYYY too strong . and on your color question go for it
img0000211mz4.jpg

img0001545gz2.jpg

Well I tested it out man, she truly is a beast. The sound is unbelievable the rumble from that 5.4 liter supercharged V8 is music to my ears. Now lets get down to buisness. I drove 4 laps at Mid-Field Raceway to get used to it. The car is very fast, but the balance changes quickly with the brakes and then if you get on the accelerator. For example I am entering the 1st turn at Mid-Field and I have to have an earlier brake point but I enter it rather wide and about 1/3 way through I accelerate and it turns in with tons of speed. In order to achieve a faster time you have to alter your lines because if you brake abit earlier and start of wide and then full open throttle 1/3 way through should get you there. The car is pretty stable during the straights and exits of corners. The speed trap I got is 301km/h (188.13mph).

In conclusion the car is very well balanced but does get off on you if you aren't as experienced or at the wrong track, example Deep Forest or Nurburgring due to the bumps and elevation changes. Racing Soft tyres and Weight Reduction will purely benefit this car. This car is so fun to drive. Try doing the brakes at a 6/4 or a 5/3 setting.

Mid-Field Raceway - 1.12.629
1/4 Mile - 10.462 @ 232km/h (145mph)
0-60mph (0-100km/h) - 3.21 seconds
1000m - 18.481 @ 301km/h (188.13mph)
Top Speed - 372.02 km/h (231.17mph)

Overall Rating - 8/10

I got another one...

Lets see, as far as parts go, Racing exhaust, sports chip, nitrous, racing brakes and controller, fully upgraded drivetrain, carbon driveshaft, spoiler, full limited slip and weight reduction.

Settings:
Nitrous 37

Brakes 3/8

Springs 13.7/13.7
Height 106 all around
Shocks 6 front and back
Camber 2/1
Toe -1/1
Stabilizer 3/3
Driving aids 4/4/4
You cant drive this like a normal car, you have to shift at 5k because it runs out of power after that. If you shift at redline, it WILL slow you down. Let me know what you think, there is a bit of understeer that I am trying to get out.

thanks DLRgian, ill give those a shot, btw i like to see someone who is enjoying my work as a tuner.
I love your GT, that thing if you can drive it properly it has loads of grip and is it ever quick.👍

Back