Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
25000 Cr Project - Toyota Celica 2000GT-R '86

celica1hs9.jpg

celica2tu9.jpg

Initial notes
I've set a budget of 25000 Cr to buy and tune a car, so I had to find a decent and cheap car as the base of my project. My choice was the '86 Toyota Celica 2000GT-R. I've set the tuning level mainly at stage 1 and tried to get the best out of it.

Specifications
191HP/6400 RPM
221.87 Nm/4800 RPM
1062 kg
5.567 Power to Weight Ratio

Parts
Sports exhaust
Racing brakes
Stage 1 NA tuning
Racing chip
Sports flywheel
Sports suspension
Stage 1 Weight reduction
OZ 028 wheels
Oil change

Suspension Settings
Ride height: 140/140
Damper: 1/9
Camber angle: 1.5/1.0

No driving aids

Final notes
It's not the king of fast cars, but it's easy to drive. Low understeer and low wheel spin even with stock S2 (sports medium) tires.

Time-Attack
Deep Forest Raceway (Normal): 1'33.025

Get the PDF file with the full specifications here and feel free to comment. Enjoy!!! đź‘Ť

this helps a lot! thank you.:)

so I'll just post my Garage in here? along with my tuner-cars?

+rep

Yes, just post a reply and that will be your garage. You can take a look at my garage here.

In this same post you place all the cars you tune, so people can have easy access to your cars when your garaga link is placed in the first post of this thread. đź‘Ť

Yes, just post a reply and that will be your garage. You can take a look at my garage here.

In this same post you place all the cars you tune, so people can have easy access to your cars when your garaga link is placed in the first post of this thread. đź‘Ť

and I love your garage layout style!đź‘Ť

25000 Cr Project - Toyota Celica 2000GT-R '86

img0157celicafb1.jpg

Initial notes
I've set a budget of 25000 Cr to buy and tune a car, so I had to find a decent and cheap car as the base of my project. My choice was the '86 Toyota Celica 2000GT-R. I've set the tuning level mainly at stage 1 and tried to get the best out of it.

Specifications
191HP/6400 RPM
221.87 Nm/4800 RPM
1062 kg
5.567 Power to Weight Ratio

Parts
Sports exhaust
Racing brakes
Stage 1 NA tuning
Racing chip
Sports flywheel
Sports suspension
Stage 1 Weight reduction
OZ 028 wheels
Oil change

Settings
Sports Suspension
Ride height: 140/140
Damper: 1/9
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0

No driving aids

Final notes
It's not the king of fast cars, but it's easy to drive. Low understeer and low wheel spin even with stock S2 (sports medium) tires.

Time-Attack
Deep Forest Raceway (Normal): 1'34.438

Download the PDF file with the full specifications here and feel free to comment. Enjoy!!! :cool:

Ride height is a bit high and the dampersetting (extreme difference) should be bad. I'll test it tomorrow.

btw, my new project is a Nissan Silvia Q's Aero in the 200HP Class.

I bet with 1.5/1 camber it would be better, I still havent got around to the civic yet though,

Yes, it's way better with the camber settings you mentioned. Already improved my time at Deep Forest by more than a second. đź‘Ť

+rep for your help

If its only a second better, try it at 2.5 and 1.4, because im guessing this car YAWs ALOT, so you need to counteract it with camber.
Now i wanna try it too, after my 1/4mile times, i am deffinately gonna try this.

MFT Evolution VI TME "Black Widow"

This car was built for one thing: to beat Evolutions that were featuring that fancy AYC-gadget. The car was bought used, and was fully upgraded with best possible parts available, and after finishing up with the parts, the car spent many hours under horrible torment, beaten around track while its FC LSD was adjusted for best possible grip and turning ability.
The result is nothing else but a hardcore track machine, ready for Touge or JGTC, which ever suits your desires.

The name Black Widow came from it's bad habit of letting the rear loose under hard braking and turning for corner. Usually it turns into graceful AWD-drift, but sometimes the wall is too close.. so be mindful when giving her proper booting, because she'll bite your head off more agressively than most of supercars would.

What you need:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR TME '00 (black, used, from the last used car lot, oil change and chassis refresh needed.)

Parts list:
Racing exhaust
Racing chip
S3/R3 tyres
Stage 3 turbo
Racing Large intercooler
Racing brakes
Brake balance controller
Racing suspension
FC gearbox
3-plate clutch
Racing flywheel
Carbon propeller shaft
GT-Wing
FC LSD
VCD
Weight reduction stage 3
Port polish
Engine balancing
Chassis refresh

after these modifications your car should have 513bhp and 588nm of torque.

BBC:5/3

AIDS: none.

Suspension:
SR: 5.5/5.0
RH: 110/110
DBS: 3/4
DBRS: 4/6
Camber: 3.0/1.5
Toe: 0/3
Stab: 3/5

Downforce: 30/25

LSD:
Initial: 35/10
Accel: 30/15
decel: 5/5

VCD: 50/50

Please, remember to TRY IT OUT and REVIEW IT, mmkay? Because FEEDBACK is something that even real world tuners need to know how to adjust the car.

I got one question. If you weren't going to use AYC to your advantage why didn't you use the TME RS Evo instead? You used the heavier car?

I will try the setup out though! It looks very well balanced! Can't wait to compare it to some of my own tuned Evos!

RS version wasn't available at that moment.. and if I recall right, RS is always white.. which isn't intimidating color.

Black Widow Review

This car is wonderful drive! It is very neutral under most conering conditions and if pushed the wrong way can exhibit some understeer or oversteer. I found the braking balance to be mostly neutral depending on how you brake (straitline, trailbrake, etc.). The downforce was dead on. :)

Overall I thought this cars setup would be ideal for beginer to advanced driver. It exhibits predictible handling behavior and is easy to correct when in trouble. This car would make a good overall track car/giant killer, and predictable touge setup.

Some things that I would look to improve is overall/mid-corner speed (AYC Evos still have a little advantage there I think). Although I think if your setup was applied to a lighter RS TME Evo that problem would be solved without tune. Also pending on what purpose this car serves (high speed track, low speed track, touge, the Ring) the rear end could be loosened up a bit.

HIGHLIGHTS

Goods:
-Easy to drive
-Corner entry
-Corner exit
-Predictible
-Smooth powerband
-Nice Brakes

Bads:
-Mid-corner speed
-To grippy in Rear (induces understeer)
-Still lacks rotation compared with AYC Evos

Overall Rating:
I loved this car so I'll give it a...... 8/10! Good Job Leo! đź‘Ť

(btw: anybody test/review my civic setup yet đź’ˇ )

Peace,
Eg6_dude

Thanks for the review! I believe I can get rid of the understeer with opening up the rear diff a bit. That should improve the cornering speeds too. The point of this car is that you can fight against fancy electronics with your driving and tuning skills. I'll fiddle with it a bit more so I can try fixing the problems.

eg6_dude, I just got my excercise :D
I am turning o my PS2 now, ill review it!

First impressions
Not good!
this car has spun out plenty of times, it drifts under its own will,
I am getting 1'52.9xx on Citta di Aria, im gonna keep going though

REVIEW:
After getting a 1'50 on Citta, I realized, this car is very fun.

GOODS:
accelerates to 106mph fast
corners well, but doesn't like to turn quickly/sharply
if you only hold the brake a little, it will stabilize during turning/braking
shifts quickly, it feels a bit like AWD on downhill parts.

BADS:
traction BREAKS on hard bumps,
It won't cut in
on downhill turns, you need to countersteer
on chicanes YOU WILL SPIN OUT if you don't take it carefully.( I spun out a few times)
you need to keep both tires at R3
It doesn't brake/turn well, only stable.

overall 6.5/10
because I couldn't adapt to it easily mainly.

And I've updated the LSD Setup. it gave 0'53.201 on Tsukuba while using only 5 gears, since i didn't bother to change the gearbox setup. it CAN and WILL be faster with correct gearbox setup. Try it out now, and if you still have complaints about it's handling, I'll challenge you to make better one with FC LSD. :P

eg6_dude, I just got my excercise :D
I am turning o my PS2 now, ill review it!

First impressions
Not good!
this car has spun out plenty of times, it drifts under its own will,
I am getting 1'52.9xx on Citta di Aria, im gonna keep going though

REVIEW:
After getting a 1'50 on Citta, I realized, this car is very fun.

GOODS:
accelerates to 106mph fast
corners well, but doesn't like to turn quickly/sharply
if you only hold the brake a little, it will stabilize during turning/braking
shifts quickly, it feels a bit like AWD on downhill parts.

BADS:
traction BREAKS on hard bumps,
It won't cut in
on downhill turns, you need to countersteer
on chicanes YOU WILL SPIN OUT if you don't take it carefully.( I spun out a few times)
you need to keep both tires at R3
It doesn't brake/turn well, only stable.

overall 6.5/10
because I couldn't adapt to it easily mainly.

I expected as much. :guilty: That setup was made for all out time attack on the touge. I recall hitting a 1:38.9xx on Citti di' Aria awhile back though. I know it is unstable, but the extra rotation has to be harnessed to its full potential to clock lap times anywhere close to AWD, FR, MR, and RR cars with close to the same HP rating. There is a method to my madness. I am also curious as to if you were using DFP or DS2 while conducting the test?

I guarentee the more time you spend with this car the more and more you'll like it. Give it some time to grow on you and for you to be confident enough to really attack the track. đź‘Ť

You also have to realize that the car isn't at all bumpy. It is the track. Citti is a hard track to run tuned cars on, ecspecially cars that have a high tendancy to oversteer already, because of the layout of the corners and where the bumps are positioned. Also the slopes are sudden and steep with minimal room for correction and no run-off room.

Thank you for the detailed review and I hope you will stick with the car a bit longer!

And I've updated the LSD Setup. it gave 0'53.201 on Tsukuba while using only 5 gears, since i didn't bother to change the gearbox setup. it CAN and WILL be faster with correct gearbox setup. Try it out now, and if you still have complaints about it's handling, I'll challenge you to make better one with FC LSD. :P

I will try your new revised settings and get back to you as soon as possible Leo! Also, I accept your challange! Is there any particular course you would like to use as a test bench or just the best overall Evo? I won't be near my Playstation for a bit, so it might take awhile before I get back with some results.

Thank you for the review Tulok! I'll get back to ya Leo! :)
Peace,
Eg6_dude

Trial Mountain, and EVERY Evo I-VI is at your disposal. I'm just creating Ice Queen (RS model), that has none of the drawbacks of Black Widow. fast, nimble, and pulled 1'27.902 at Apricot hill on S3's and without wing. :sly:

when oyu're ready for the challenge, let me know.

FLK Performance

My garage sets out to offer tuners without the use of ASM, aerodynamic wings or NOS. Here you'll also find a mix from big budget tuners to low cost budget projects on various types of cars.

All projects are considered on going and changes will be indicated by the date displayed below each car.

Stage IV Projects

Toyota Supra RZ '97 :: 845PS
(27th February 2007)

Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec (R33)'97 :: 767PS
(15th March 2007)

Stage III Projects

Seat Ibiza Cupra '04 :: 349PS
(Updated: 23rd June 2007)

Stage II Projects

VW Lupo Gti '01 :: 191PS
(Updated: 19th October 2007)

Oh yeah, ill definately use it ALOT more, because it is fun, by BREAKS on bumps, i meant, if it peels out, it wont stop.
I was using a DS2, but yeah, I can see myself winning races with this thing, after time...

I updated the LSD-Setup of Black widow. now it did 1'15.661 on Autumn Ring. inner wheel doesn't spin anymore, and car is faster when exiting the corners. It also gave 6'45.308 at Nurburgring with this setup, making it the fastest sub 600bhp cars I've driven there.

I updated the LSD-Setup of Black widow. now it did 1'15.661 on Autumn Ring. inner wheel doesn't spin anymore, and car is faster when exiting the corners. It also gave 6'45.308 at Nurburgring with this setup, making it the fastest sub 600bhp cars I've driven there.

Is that on S3 or R3 tires?
Some great times but I'm just curious. :D

Hope to come back later today with my Supra RZ setup. It's purely a sports tires affair and run consistantly in the sub-1'34 range at Citti d Aria. Likewise, it runs consistantly at or just below 7'00.000 on the Ring.
Back later with that setup, till then...
:cheers:

it was on R3's, but I don't think that it will be that much slower with S3's. edit: I stand corrected. it makes a big fdifference. about 25 seconds that is.. :ouch:

Supra on Citta Di Aria? you're out of your mind.. again :lol:

hey guys, I will post my stang in a min, just need 2 find that damn paper with the settings..

edit: It'll have to wait for tomorrow.

Specs
(garage menu)
442 hp/ 1253 kg/ 2.835 pwr

(garage display)
L6: DOHC/ 2997cc
436HP/5600rpm
505.51ft.lb/3600rpm
*36,000 miles

Parts
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes and Brake Balancer
Port Polish, Engine Balancing, Sports Racing Chip
Full Custom Transmission, Triple Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Carbon Driveshaft, Full Custom LSD
Stage 1 Turbo, Racing Intercooler
Full Custom Racing Suspension
Sports Soft (S3) Tires
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Chassis Refresher (no "Increase Rigidity")
GT Wing, Yokohama 015 Wheels, Oil Change

Settings
5/5 Brake Balance Controller
28/30 Downforce
60/60/30 LSD
0/0/0 Driving Aids
Transmission: Track Specific (adjust as needed)

12.0/4.0 Springs
97/97 Ride Height
6/6 6/6 Bound and Rebound
1.2/0.7 Camber
0/0 Toe
4/4 Stabilizers

Notes
I've spent a great deal of time working on this Supra.
My goal was to tune a Supra for use on Sports tires. Because of the wheelspin I have kept the HP below 500 using racing parts and the stage 1 turbo. Despite my best efforts, I've only managed to slightly reduce the natural tendency of the Supra to spin wheels.
Advanced drivers should find the car to be capable but novice drivers may have a hard time finding the car's limits.
In my testing the car has consistantly produced sub 7 minute Ring laps and even a 1'32.5 Citti d Aria lap. :eek:

Be careful with wheelspin and respect the limits, once you do that I believe the car will prove to have quick turning response and excellent power delivery.

Thank you for your time and interest, please enjoy the ride! :cheers:

Back