Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
I put on some R1 and tried. It's more than fast enough (I think on a good lap you could do under 7 on the R1s), but I always seem to screw up at some point on the course and lose 10-20 seconds, which is actually more frustrating to me than a threat to losing because of how fast the car is, and Bob drives agonizingly slowly in the race for some reason.

Lol, how many points do u have for him?
I have a 7500+ Bob, I havent tried this g35 yet though maybe it could win the supercare festival for me :P

I think it's just shy of 5000 now. He can pump out 7'15ish laps in practice, but stick 5 other cars there with him and it'll drop to 7'25. Perhaps if I put him on 3 instead of 4 he'll hurry up.

well, he sits behind the AI and registers that he needs to pass, so it will slow you down, gotta go for a fast pass, and tweak the gears for the main corners :D
i just hate this supercar Cup! Its rediculously hard, and its only a Pro event.

Well,
First I would like to thank Azevedojose for notifying me of the new garages and the necessity for an update. 👍

On that note, I've updated the first post to include garages from jetboys and aqu...(sorry can't remember the exacts of that name).

Finally, I'd just like to mention that I'm very happy to see this thread is still kicking despite the fact I haven't been around for a while (been playing god of war and tourist trophy).

In any case, thanks for all the contributions you guys are making.

Once I've got some GT4 time I will try to get something done for this thread (maybe even the intial work for a tuner contest).
Until then, take care and keep the cars fast!

Aquendwato X1 (Mazda RX-8 Type S)

The X-series is the pure sports car branch of Aquendwato Motors. The first of this line is the X1, a modified Mazda RX-8 made to meet or exceed the standards of other Japanese and American sports cars. Easily won the Japan Championship.

Specifications
Engine Type – Rotary 2
Displacement – 1.3L
Power - 409HP/8500rpm
Torque – 277.1ft.ln/5500rpm
Weight - 1 192kg (2 622lbs)
HP/Liter - 314.6
1/4 Mile – 12.805s
0-1000m – 22.670s
0-100kmh – 4.7s
Lap Time at Tsukuba – 1'02.507

Parts
Supercharger
Close Transmission
Sports Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
OZ 030 Wheels

Settings
Ride height – 115mm/117mm
Shock Absorbers – 7/6
Camber – 0/0

Price
$54,200

I'm planning to do the Shelby mustang GT350R, just need some time. (Yay! the PS3 is out in Europe:)) so it is to be expected in a week or two. And GT40 MKII I will test your elise soon;)

allright, the setup of your Elise..

1: gearbox was a mess, I couldn't get the 3rd gear ratio right. did you use tranny trick?
2: suspension is supposed to smooth out the bumps. this extremely stiff and low setup might be suitable for flat tracks with no bumps at all, but there's always rumble strips and such.
3: no wing? hello understeer at high speeds
4: ASM.. they're evil and must die.. with R3's, this car won't need ant TC. same goes with S3's.
5: why to buy FC LSD if you don't do a thing to it? why not to use 1-way or 2-way diff and save money?
6: driving it.. well, all I could think was "this could be a drifter, but tyres have too much grip. this could be a trackday car but the ASM interferes, and at high speeds the steering didn't respond. and it undesteered even at slow speeds. And differential doesn't help at all.."

end note: keep working on the tuning. i'll release my elise setup soon. I hope you'll try it and learn something.

All right! This is my first setup posted in this tuner garage thread, so be nice! For this setup I used my specialty car, the Civic Sir-II circa 95'. :sly:

This particular setup is focused on a Touge style track. My test tracks included in the making of this setup were: Citti di' Aria, Deep Forest, Opera, and the twisties of the famous Nurburgring. This setup was made to exhibit extremly high cornering speeds, excellent turn-in, and great brakes to increase corner entry speed. This car was crafted to excel on tight, bumpy, uneven road surfaces with few straights and many elevation changes. Basically, a Touge car. So everybody try it out and tell me what you think. Thanks! :)

Touge Civic EG6 Sir-II 95' 205hp
-All modifications were done to Suspension(original), Brakes, Weight, Drivetrain, Icrease Rigidity, Rigidity Refresher, and all Engine mods besides NA tuning or Turbo.

Suspension
Spring Rate- FR:6.5 RR:3.5
Ride Height- FR:90 RR:95
Dampers- FR:6 RR:3
Camber- FR:-4.0 RR:-1.5
Toe- FR:0 RR:0
Stabilizers- FR:5 RR:7

Brakes
Balance- FR:6 RR:14

Limited Slip
Initial- FR:10
Accel- FR:60
DeAccel- FR:5

Transmission
1-Raise final to 5.5
2-Lower auto-set to 1
3-Lower final to around 4.750 (125mph)
4-Shorten 5th and 6th gear all the way (use graph)
5-Raise 1st and 2nd gear all the way (use graph)
6-Adjust 4th gear in the middle of third and 5th (use graph)
(tranny trick, how I do it at least)

Tires
FR- R3 (racing medium)
RR- R2 (racing hard)

-No ballast
-No aids
-No Nitrous
-No Downforce

(Warning: This car is not ideally setup for beginners. Also all setup work was done on a DS2 controller with only minimal DFP exposure, no G25 exposure. I apologize in advance, car may be a little touchy for wheel users. If you give me some feedback I should be able to remix things a little for ideal operation.)

Peace,
Eg6_dude

allright, the setup of your Elise..

1: gearbox was a mess, I couldn't get the 3rd gear ratio right. did you use tranny trick?
2: suspension is supposed to smooth out the bumps. this extremely stiff and low setup might be suitable for flat tracks with no bumps at all, but there's always rumble strips and such.
3: no wing? hello understeer at high speeds
4: ASM.. they're evil and must die.. with R3's, this car won't need ant TC. same goes with S3's.
5: why to buy FC LSD if you don't do a thing to it? why not to use 1-way or 2-way diff and save money?
6: driving it.. well, all I could think was "this could be a drifter, but tyres have too much grip. this could be a trackday car but the ASM interferes, and at high speeds the steering didn't respond. and it undesteered even at slow speeds. And differential doesn't help at all.."

end note: keep working on the tuning. i'll release my elise setup soon. I hope you'll try it and learn something.

i dont think i used the tranny trick but thanks for the somewhat positive feedback i'll monkey with it some more

Hi guys, i'm new to tuning in GT4 and i made my first car with tuned suspension and lsd. on other cars i buy the suspension but don't touch it:indiff:

For the my first car i was looking for something in the 200hp class. and i found a CRX '83 with 10km. It's still in development but i think it's quit good already. It laps Tsukuba in the 8 second range with only 177hp and with S3/S2 tire setup.

Later this day i'll post the complete setup, i just want to know if my time is any good:sly:

Greetz

Honda CR-X 1.5i '83

Power: 175 hp
Torque: 210 nm
Revlimiter: 7200 rpm
Weight: 790 kg

Added parts:
FC transmission
Twin clutch
SR flywheel
FC LSD
SR suspension
S3 tires
WR stage 1
SR exhaust
NA stage 2
Port polish
Engine balancing
ECU

Setting:
Spring rate 4.0 / 3.6
Height 125 / 125
Damper 7 / 7
Camber 3.0 / 2.0
Auto 1
Final 3950
Initial Torque 20
Accel 40
Decel 20
Tires S3 / S2
No aids

Tsukuba timeattack: 1.08.001
Pics will be added later on the day.
Comments please:)

vince, ok
update on the R33 it is having some SERIOUS understeer issues so, im baffled by it, and it'll occasionally swing the tail through the corners but that may be the VCD though.

let me give you a hint: take off the VCD and LSD, and vóila, the understeer is gone, because the wonderful ATTESA-ETS Pro is taking care of the handling then.

Pfft, I couldn't get 509bhp GT-R's rear slide for long even with handbrake. though, it has grippy setup and R3's on it..

Originally posted by MINICOOPER120

Up in the top right hand side of all of your posts, there is a number (post#xxx). CLick on it, and copy the adress that's in the adress bar (gtplanet.net/forum/awholelottajunk or something). Go back to the thread, click edit on your garage post, and press "Go Advanced". Highlight the name of the car the post you just linked to was about (If you clicked on a Ford Taurus and copied that link, only highlight that car in your garage post.) THen click a button up at the top that looks like a globe sorta thing (if you hold your mouse over it it should say hyperlink) and paste the adress into the box. hit ok and it will be linked. Let's hope you can understand me.

Hope this helps. 👍

let me give you a hint: take off the VCD and LSD, and vóila, the understeer is gone, because the wonderful ATTESA-ETS Pro is taking care of the handling then.
oooh ok, ill try it but i may just make it to where each person can set it as they please, im still debating it
maybe to much camber? are is it traction loss due to highpower?

no, it only has 562hp

Back