Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
what, no chassis refresh? :odd:

Edit:
:lol:
Didn't think I had done one, went to check on it... Had done one. 👍
Yes, Chassis Refresher is part of the build. :D
It's the "Increase Rigidity" that I didn't do.

Why?That's a part of tuning

because making hybrids requires breaking the code of the game and altering it, thus breaking copyright laws.. so it's kind of illegal, I think.

GT4 supernoob: just create a garage and link your setups there, so kent can make a link about it to the first page.:)

integratitlein5.jpg

As we all know, Honda discontinued the DC5 chassis Integra after the 2006 model year(still, we wish to castrate whoever decided that smart move...). However, what we didn't know, is that they kept the final 1000 for themselves, to be turned into some sort of "Frankenstein" Spec-touring racer. Honda collaborated with Spoon Sports to create this, the Honda Integra Type-RTC.

Honda and Spoon Sports have invited us to the Suzuka East course today, to showcase the new car. It is wonderful here! The temperature is about 70 degrees Fahrenheit, and the sun is shining, what a wonderful day to be at a racetrack! The circuit we will be evaluating this car on is the 1.4 mile "East" variant. This layout features 9 corners, 6 right, 3 left, and makes for a quick, yet challenging track.

Now, for the moment you all have been waiting for...(I have always wanted to say that) The unveiling of the Honda Integra Type-RTC, the TC, stands for naturally, Touring Car. Which, in a way, makes the RTC, mean "Race Touring Car," which, is always a good thing. :D. Honda has brought us the first RTC off the block, a Silver DC5, which has 0 miles on the clock. This should be fun.

Spoon has informed us that "The power hasn't been increased by too much, only to about 250bhp." They have achieved this modest power boost, by using their voodoo magic on the ECM, and a free-flowing exhaust system, oh, and that magic GT Auto oil stuff. The real surprises, and stuff that tells you this is a REAL race car, come int he driveline. The flywheel is a racing unit, along with the clutch, a triple-plate design, both from Spoon Sports. Mr. Ichisima also adds, with a smirk on his face, that "we have retained the stock six-speed transmission, as, we feel that racers shouldn't have the aid of a sequential gearbox, as that will not let them miss a shift. The best racers shouldn't miss a shift, so, keeping the stock trans allows mistakes to be made, and then corrected next time they go out on the racetrack." Another, good side effect of this is, that with a stock transmission, you can go to your local Honda dealer, and get a replacement, for the same cost as your street car. Spoon really went to town with the weight cut, carbon doors, fenders, bonnet, bootlid, and front and rear bumpers. The roof is aluminium, and the interior has been stripped, save for a lone racing seat.

Speaking of the interior, there is now an extensive rollcage in there, where you need some contortionist skills to wriggle your way into that racing seat. As I am sitting here, it is very business-like, the gauge cluster replaced with a MoTec LCD dash, quick-release steering wheel, and a lone windscreen wiper, for when things get rainy. Moving from the interior of the car, we go underneath the body, to the full Spoon race suspension, the spring rates have been retained from stock, as have the shock ratings. The vehicle has been lowered, now having only 100mm of ground clearance. There are now some beefy stabilizer bars under here, something Spoon calls "Stage Seven." Full Spoon race brake systems around, make sure that this car can stop as rapidly as it gets going. Moving out to the rolling stock, the RTC has some very nice, 18" Volk CE28N wheels on it, with the Yokohama slicks wrapped around them. Oh, and then, there is that large, carbon wing on the back, looks a lot ricer, but we have been told, that it does work, and quite well at that.

Mr. Ichisima calls us over after we are done taking photographs, and surprisingly, asks us if we would like to drive! My brain says "OMGWTFH4XYES!" but what comes out of my mouth is more like a "Sure Mr. Ichisima, I would love to."

After the car is warmed up, I am strapped in. This is the tightest I have ever been strapped into any car before, even more so than the NSX we had tested from Spoon in the middle of last year. I fire up the car, with the set of aircraft-style toggle then start button sequence, and the uncorked K20 roars to life. This sounds like no other Integra I have ever heard before, something a bit more menacing than all the others, like your older brother after inhaling one two many pixiesticks, then washing it down with Red Bull. As I try and start rolling, I keep thinking "Please don't stall, please don't stall, please don't stall." I start to release some pressure on the clutch and...I stall. Turns out it is a VERY strong clutch, lol. After thorough embarrassment, I re-start the car, and this time, manage to get it right, albeit with some fancy footwork.

As I cruise down pit-lane, with the pit-speed limiter(Did I forget to mention that? Sorry. ;P) set at 50mph, the reality of this car sets in, it's a loud, Japanese alternative to the Porsche GT3 Cup, just, not as fast. I roll into the throttle after pit exit, and the full fury of this car is released, I never thought braking this deep was possible! There is still the bit of understeer you expect with a FWD car, but, it has been greatly eliminated. The mild power upgrade seems amplified, due to the light weight, and the extreme grip the Yoko slicks give. After ten laps, my lap time is an "impressive" according to Mr. Ichisima, 52.117 seconds.

Spoon also came with a stone stock DC5 Type-R, to compare with the RTC. I hopped in this, and man, was the difference immediately apparent. It felt sloppy, and uncoordinated, which eventually led to a paltry 1'03.859 second lap, over eleven seconds slower than the RTC.

Now, I'm sure you are wanting to know the price on all this, right? Well, the stock Type-R will set you back $25,900. The engine parts, add another $2,750, Suspension/Brakes, plus $20,600, Weight-down, and trans. parts put an additional $27,700 to that lofty pricetag, along with a $30,000 interior. The aero devices cost $1,200, which includes a wing(3D Type B, in three colours, white, black, and silver) and splitter. Oh yeah, and $50 for that magic oil. All that stuff adds up to a grand total of $108,200. That price however, includes a custom-made racing suit, and helmet, made specifically for the owner, and admission into the closest Honda Type-RTC championship to them. This championships take place in places such as the USA, Japan, England, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, and Australia. At the end of the season, the top 5 drivers from each championship will be transported to the World Final, free of charge, at the Japanese GP, from the Fuji Speedway. The winner of that race, gets a cool one million dollars, to fun their next racing step. Also, they are crowned World Champion.

Now children, what have we learned? I myself, have learned that When you let Honda and Spoon Sports work together, miracles can happen....

SPECIFICATIONS:

Year: 2003.
Car: Honda Integra Type-RTC(DC5).
Drivetrain Config: FF.
Horsepower: 250bhp @ 8,000rpm.
Torque: 169.03 ft.lb @7,000rpm.
Engine Config: I-4.
Engine Code: K20A
Displacement: 1998cc.
Weight: 1029kg.

SETUP
Parts needed:

Sports Exhaust.
Racing Chip.
Racing Brakes.
Triple-Plate Clutch.
Racing Flywheel.
Racing Suspension.
All three stages of Weight-Down.
Rollcage.
3D Type B wing.
Magic Oil.
Slick Tires.(Your choise)

Suspension Settings.

Spring Rate: F-7.4 R-11.0
Ride Height: F-100mm R-100mm
Camber: F-3.0 R-1.0
Stabilizer Bars: F-7 R-7
Shocks: 8 for everything.

Others:
Traction Control: Off/0
Stability Control(Under): Off/0
Stability Control(Over): Off/0

Downforce:
30/30

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

Thanks,
Matt.

because making hybrids requires breaking the code of the game and altering it, thus breaking copyright laws.. so it's kind of illegal, I think.

GT4 supernoob: just create a garage and link your setups there, so kent can make a link about it to the first page.:)

Nah man,it's not illegal.You have bought the game,what you do then is up to you.

vincesgaragebannerzd8.jpg

Welcome to Vince's Internal Performance Parts!
This garage is specialized in old American muscle. I've founded this garage for the love of cars,
which I would like to share with all of you!
Mind we sometimes do trips to other continents,
if the cars are appealing enough.;)

In tuning perspectives, I'm still a "rookie", but I'm learning much and I'm having fun at it!

note: I've melted the Mustang stage 1 and supercharged version together in the same post.

the cars:

New:

Spyker & ViPP C8 Laviolette S '07

American muscle:

ViPP Mustang G.T. 350R NA stage 1/supercharged '65 (393 HP/490 HP)
A beast with style.
Ratings: GT40 MKII: 8.0

Shelby Mustang GT500 Project
The reanimation of the '07 Shelby Mustang GT500.
Ratings: Leonidae 7.5/10.

cheap american tuner (30k cr. max)
Fast, cheap and a 'vette. Perfect combination.:)

European projects:

Mini Cooper-S VIPP
tiny car, big achievements.
Ratings: no ratings yet.

Japanese Power:

ViPP Evolution VII GT-A '02(touge)
Evo, Touge style.:sly:
Ratings: none yet.

under construction:

- ViPP Mustang G.T. 350R '65
- ViPP Autozam AZ-1
- ViPP Evolution VII GT-A '02(touge)
- Black car Project

upcoming:

Black car project (japanese)

ViPP Autozam AZ-1

ViPP GT-R '07

I've thought of:
Dodge Charger 440 R/T VIPP '70 (... HP)

Camaro SS VIPP '69 (... HP)

'cuda VIPP (... HP)

and many more:)

Shelby Mustang GT 350R VIPP '65

This car is the one closest to my favourite, The Shelby Mustang GT500.
I quote Jeremy Clarcson: "Ford thought they might sell one hundred thousand in the first year, but by the end of 1965 they actually sold around 680 thousand Mustangs! And even though it was for sale in only one market, in North America, it was the fastest selling car of all time. It's a record that has never been beaten."

Specifications:

Engine:
- V8: OHV
- 4738 cc
- HPmax: 370 at 6000 RPM
- Torque: 529.10 at 4200 RPM
Dimensions:
- 4613*1732*1300
- 1077 Kg

after you win the car in the Shelby event, do an oil change.

parts to buy:

I like the sound of the original exhaust, so no exhaust upgrade.

Brake controller
racing brakes

NA stage 1
port & polish
engine balancing
racing chip

full custom tranny
triple clutch
racing flywheel
full lsd / 2 way lsd.
propeller shaft

racing suspension

S3's and R3's

car wash + oil change + rims to your taste.:)

this brings the costs to:

Cr. 131,700.-

Settings:

F / R
spring 4.7 / 4.3
height 117 / 117
bounce 3 / 3
rebounce 5 / 5
camber 2.5 / 1.5
toe 0 / 0
stab 3 / 3

LSD:

Int: 10
Acc: 35
Dec: 15

Aids: Off.

first set default, then set auto and then set final.

Tranny: 1st: 3.196
2nd: 2.140
3rd: 1.558
4th: 1.189
5th: 0.952
6th: 0.800
final: 3.900
auto: 15

min.sec.decimals
Times: Tsukuba: 0.59.671
Grand valley speedway: 2'08.156

400 m: 12.9 s
top speed: 289 km/h = 180 MPH

A little description of handling characteristics:

This is a great old fashioned American Muscle car, therefore I have done my best to keep the irritating Health and Safety people, as far away as possible. This means, no stupid warning notices anywhere, just pure driving excitement.:)

and for the people who need more power: there is a supercharger, meaning 90 hp more, available for almost the same money. Just keep in mind the oversteer will increase that way. That will mean I'll have to adjust the suspension settings.
I'll try to solve the oversteer problem and post the settings for the supercharged one As soon as possible.

changes to settings with the supercharger:

*under construction*

Thanks for reading!

Rated by:

GT40 MKII rating > 8 out of 10.

And just for fun, a little history of the car:

The List has been updated. 👍

Regarding that Supra I posted a page back... Didn't mention it but Tsukuba trials went below 0'57.000 with a little work. I left some on the track too! :dopey:

That said...
Is anyone still interested in doing something about a tuner touge contest?
We've got all the time in the world so it's no rush, I'm just keeping the idea alive. :sly:

I think I could sketch something up after I come from school. I'll throw a PM to you when I'm done with the idea, okay?

That said...
Is anyone still interested in doing something about a tuner touge contest?
We've got all the time in the world so it's no rush, I'm just keeping the idea alive. :sly:[/QUOTE]
good idea i'm in for it.👍

I think we could definitely do a citta de aria contest, and have certain classes perhaps? I am yearning to do a Hachi Roku for some touge action.

The Pm is just fine with me. 👍
Also, the Hachi Roku is something I've had an eye on lately.
See... I've put enough thought into getting a touge contest going that I've test three specific cars. Cars I feel serve as the standard for tuners in each class... 200, 280, Max... S.S. Trueno (200), Amuse R1 (280), Mine's R34 (Max).
At the moment I take those to be the benchmarks but it's not set in stone just yet... The Lotus Elise Motorsport might be a more fitting 200 class car, and there are definately a few different cars to consider in the "max" class.

In any case, you all just keep on talking to me about this and in time we will get something going. :cheers:

SWEET, just what i'm liking retuned muscle cars ill be watching this one

thanks GT40:)

could you rate my settings? I would be pleased if you did.:D

(oh, btw, which car could I use best to win the ford GT40? I would like to tune the hell out of that one:))

Minichris MX5 MK1 '93
parts
  • port polish
  • Engine balancing
  • chip
  • supercharger
Specifications

Power:197 BHP/6500 RPM

Torque:29.50 KGFM/4500 RPM

times
Trial Mountain Circuit in 1'51.5
--------------
total:28,500cr.:D
--------------
435.JPG

Picture 002.jpg

The X-series is the pure sports car branch of Aquendwato Motors. The X2 is the premium edition of that line, competing with the likes of the Dodge Viper, TVR Speed 6, and Ford GT. The cars testing period was long as the car's love of understeer had to be fixed. Over 500km were run, culminating in a win at the 200 Miles at El Capitan.

Specifications
Engine Type – V8: OHV
Displacement – 5.67L
Power - 552HP/6000rpm
Torque – 512/2ft.lb/4800rpm
Weight - 1 282kg (2 826lbs)
HP/Liter – 97.3
1/4 Mile – 12.257s
0-1000m – 21.500s
0-100kmh – 4.8s
Lap Time at Grand Valley – 2'02.xxx
Lap Time at Midfield Raceway – 1'17.8xx

Parts:
NA Tuning Stage 2
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Semi-Racing Suspension
Stage 1 Weight Reduction
Racing Chip
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Racing Breaks
Yokohama 023 Wheels

Settings
Spring Rate – 6.0/7.4
Ride Height – 96/101
Shock Absorbers – 6/6
Camber Angle – 1.0/1.5

Price
$84,870

thanks GT40:)

could you rate my settings? I would be pleased if you did.:D

(oh, btw, which car could I use best to win the ford GT40? I would like to tune the hell out of that one:))

i'd love to... and the GT40 is a race car so i'm not sure if that would work but the GT would. and i used a GT lm (not the spec 2)to get mine and you can win it at the laguna seca 200

i'd love to... and the GT40 is a race car so i'm not sure if that would work but the GT would. and i used a GT lm (not the spec 2)to get mine and you can win it at the laguna seca 200

K thanks and thanks for the advice:).

The shelby cobra is almost ready.

Back