Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have a GT-R within .3xx of your car.. :mischievous: do you really want that your light rwd dragster will be spanked by overweight awd coupe?

GT-Rs, somewhat surprisingly, aren't much quicker than my car for what they are.

There's only about, what, 400kg difference? That's 880 lbs. So a Skyline with 730-735hp should keep up with my Rex. (Every 100lbs is equal to 10hp)

And yet... The 911hp cars aren't terribly much quicker than mine. So I must be doing SOMETHING right SOMEWHERE.

Yes, I want to see you try.

And I REALLY hope you succeed. But if we really wish to make it interesting, let's build the cars to a given power/weight ratio and run them to hell and back. :mischievous:

~Kyle

PS: N4HS, the Boss is a vacuum cleaner.

Lexus GS500 '91

483 bhp, 679 Nm, 1394 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 2
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.0 / 6.5
Ride Height: 130 / 135
Bound: 2 / 5
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 1.5 / 2.0
Toe: 2 / -1
Stabilizers: 4 / 4

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.554
2nd: 1.701
3rd: 1.322
4th: 1.063
5th: 0.868
Final Gear: 3.250

Autoset 12

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

Combining the engine of a sports car and a body of a big saloon isn't that rare, many car makers do that. But not so many of them tune the hell out of that engine, sacrifice luxury for speed and finish it off with lightweight racing wheels. So the tuner has to do that for them. In short, the old Lexus GS300 was the grey sparrow among its younger rivals so we turned it into the mighty bald eagle by tweaking just about everything, and what we couldn't tweak, we changed. What once was a quick(ish) highway cruiser is now a truly quick highway cruiser with a JGTC level engine, racing transmission and a full racing suspension. In its original form it could be driven by anyone, now there's so much power on tap that this isn't meant for the Average Joe without some serious consulting before starting the growling straight six. Having said that, Joe will have a pretty good time behind the wheel of the newly born Lexus GS500.

Reviews:

by nd 4 holden spd

Last edited:
Well, there's a company called Boss that makes vacuum cleaners.
I thought you meant the Boss sucks.

I won't stand for that. *Points to avatar.*

Greycap, A LEXUS?! Wow, you're really running with that tune the saloon idea.

Yup, a Lexus. I had both this and the new GS300 built, and the one that was the closer match to Leonidae's car was taken. The old model also has the bonus of being one of the most overlooked cars in the game so it was nice to bring it into the spotlights, even if only for a brief period. It deserves it.

Lexus GS500 Review
Under default settings this car had huge issues. It would understeer under brakes then when you let go of brakes before putting on the acclerator that turned to nasty oversteer and whenever you were on the throttle, you were drifting. With your tune applied most of this has been cured impressively. The car no longer understeers under brakes and as a result has good turn in, and when you let go of the acclerator that "coasting oversteer" has been controlled very nicely so you can tuck that nose back in in a sensible manner. Wheelspin has been controlled more but when exiting pretty much any corner (even high speed) the car still wants to drift enthusiastically. This seems like a diff with settings to weak under accleration, and it might have also benefited by being lower to the ground. This is a really good tune on a less than average car there's no doubt. The car was still more resistant to drifting in the tuned state then the default state, and you have done a lot of things to this car that make it that much better, I just hope you can find a way to stop it wanting to drift so darn easily. Probably increase the initial torque will help a little, but I'll see what you think of my thoughts.

Thanks for testing the old river barge! 👍

I'm not sure if I want to fix the oversteering. To be honest, when I was driving there was little if any of it, probably due to my driving style that includes pushing the car so much that the front tyres are overwhelmed by the sheer force of 1400 kg of steel wanting to go straight while the tyres want to turn. And making the car oversteer less would mean making it understeer more, which is something that I really wouldn't like to do as it isn't one of the best cornerers out there as it is. This might be one of the cars in which the driver has to adapt themselves and drive the car like it wants to be driven.

The differential settings are the highest ones I could use without rendering it unturnable in tight corners, the car is a compromise as always and thus can't be perfect for any single track. The same goes for the ride height, the weight of the vehicle necessitates long suspension travels on bumpy courses to avoid bottoming out, launching sharply upwards and thus losing grip.

I know that.

I'm completely anti-chevy, (as evidenced by my avy), and I'm not a Dodge guy.

So that leaves me as a FoMoCo guy.

I know that.

I'm completely anti-chevy, (as evidenced by my avy), and I'm not a Dodge guy.

So that leaves me as a FoMoCo guy.

I'm anti < 7 cylinders.

I like Fords the best of the Domestic car makers. I love the muscle cars, and the Pony cars. Regardless of brand, though I lean to FoMoCo everytime.

Thanks for testing the old river barge! 👍

I'm not sure if I want to fix the oversteering. To be honest, when I was driving there was little if any of it, probably due to my driving style that includes pushing the car so much that the front tyres are overwhelmed by the sheer force of 1400 kg of steel wanting to go straight while the tyres want to turn. And making the car oversteer less would mean making it understeer more, which is something that I really wouldn't like to do as it isn't one of the best cornerers out there as it is. This might be one of the cars in which the driver has to adapt themselves and drive the car like it wants to be driven.

The differential settings are the highest ones I could use without rendering it unturnable in tight corners, the car is a compromise as always and thus can't be perfect for any single track. The same goes for the ride height, the weight of the vehicle necessitates long suspension travels on bumpy courses to avoid bottoming out, launching sharply upwards and thus losing grip.

Fair and true, alot of the time you have to compromise between turnability and drivability, that's what I needed to do with the Walkinshaw.

if I'd be forced to go for an american V8, I'd go for AMC Gremlin X. don't ask why. it just feels like a car i'd like.

ProtoMotors Spirra SC -04​

Click for bigger picture

Click for bigger picture

helllo guys, been a long time since i posted on the great MFT thread..,

i was just wondering, what car is that?? never seen one like it before.., it looks cool, sinister and sporty.., where can you get that car??​

Ooh pick me- it's a Proto Motors Spirra V8, heard good things about it too. Korean car, buy brand new.

Correct. Many people have been unsure about the origins of our cars

i think i am one of those people.., i read the front page of your thread, it says there "the cars may seem odd" .., you are right, the cars you choose and tune are those cars most common players do not buy or just consider as "just some car" .., i mean most players would tune "tuners" like the Nissan Skyline, Toyota Supra, etc.and have them churn out 700+ hp .., sure, you have common tuners in your garage, but the addition of not-so well known cars is what makes your tune shop unique.., back then, i was surprised to see a garage like this..,

All 3 major garages have cars not well known. He meant that not many people know which model their cars are because of their different names.

Lotus Omega GSi'90

498 bhp, 707 Nm, 1373 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 1
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 5.0
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 6 / 3
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: -2 / 0
Stabilizers: 3 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 7

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.548
2nd: 1.678
3rd: 1.230
4th: 0.965
5th: 0.805
6th: 0.684
Final Gear: 3.500

Autoset 20

LSD
Initial: 30
Acceleration: 15
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

To some people the Lotus Omega (known as Carlton in some isolated little piles of dirt surrounded by the ocean) is more than enough as it is. 377bhp, 4 doors and power that was pretty much unmatched on the roads of early 90's. It was the world's first super saloon, and good one at that. But Good can always be upgraded beyond excellent. And that's what MFT did for a customer, creating Lotus Omega GSi that has 498 horses under the hood. There is also over 700Nm to help this sweetly handling sedan to move around at a fast pace. Just one more thing: put waterproof seat covers on before giving your family a ride, just to avoid wet benches. It also helps keeping the resale value high. In addition, avoid flooring the throttle on first two gears. That WILL get unwanted attention from Greenpeace activists.

DOH! I wish you hadn't done that car, not that I don't like it but............it's a secret.

Huzzah! The Lotus is unleashed!

Maybe I should find different exclamations, other than 'huzzah.' Any suggestions?

:rolleyes:

What does that mean? Sounds exciting!

Also, how do you say it? OH-puh? oh-PAH?

Wow, three question marks and one exclamation point. I'm on my way...

It's a Greek exclamation of general joy and party-ness. Traditionally screamed at bars and pubs when someone breaks a glass :) Pronounced "oh-PAH" rather than "oh-PUH"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back