Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready for some scary news? I don't drink them at all. If I did, in fact, I would turn into a 7.6 on the Richter (sp?) Scale!

Wow, I have to say publicly what an awesome job you did on my 190E. It is PERFECTLY in tune with my driving style and made me feel as if I was a DTM champ. Quick direction changes, and amazing mid corner stability is car is a thousand times better than my original tuning. The power level is where i want it and i am very satisfied. Great work again MFT.:)👍

here is my Lexus GS500 review:
the stock car understeers a lot for my liking, and the brakes feel sometimes a bit on the weak side. but tuned, the car changes - nice oversteer and good acceleration let this car really shine. and the cornering is also great.
to be honest, i've never ever driven this car before, but with your tune, the car really rocks!

viper

Heldenzeit - You're welcome! I'm certain the car could handle even more power than what I gave it easily as the torque is so low but it seems to do as it is. 👍

viperpilot - Thanks for that! I seriously can't understand how you people can make this car drift though... maybe I'm just pushing it too much for the fronts to grip or something. Or then it's the DS2 again.

hm.. it seems that there won't be a review of the lotus for a while. oh well.. soon we will publish the next pair, and again, theme is 4wd turbos, this time european ones.

Audi Quattro Straße '82

375 bhp, 449 Nm, 1096 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 135 / 145
Bound: 2 / 4
Rebound: 5 / 8
Camber: 1.5 / 2.0
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 1 / 2

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 8

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.614
2nd: 1.838
3rd: 1.444
4th: 1.181
5th: 0.986
6th: 0.845
Final Gear: 3.650

Autoset 10

LSD
Initial: 5 / 10
Acceleration: 5 / 15
Deceleration: 5 / 5

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 20

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 25

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

One of the true legends of motorsports, the Audi Quattro changed the world of rallying for ever when it was introduced in 1980. Unfortunately the base car in GT4 has received a reputation as a hopeless piece of junk, understeering to no end and being generally slow while doing it. To give it back the glory it deserves I've created the Quattro Straße - following the lines of the Delta Stradale - which retains the capabilities of the old rally warrior. The power isn't much short of the racing figures and the weight is even lower thanks to the lack of a full rollcage, unnecessary in a road going car. The turbocharged inline five pulls strongly through all six gears of the newly fitted but original racing gearbox, found in a crate at Ingolstadt. The suspension was borrowed from an old Group B Quattro S1 and to complete the package a simple aerodynamics kit was fitted. The understeer is gone and so is the slowness. It's four seconds a kilometre faster now - about a second in every corner. Try it out, you'll see that the legend wasn't for nothing.

In action pictures of the car here.

Reviews:

by Kurei
by nd 4 holden spd
by stidriver

Last edited:
I have two for you.

FD-R'01 review

Braking:
The car's braking was a little on the long side, but good and controlable.

Trans:
The gearing and final drive are good.

Suspension:
The FD-R is very good at all points of the turn. You can used the throttle to rotate the car in all parts of the turn if needed. At steady state throttle or full throttle in medium/high speed turns the car is neutral. The car has a little to much wheel spin, but with good smooth throttle control it can be keeped in check.

This is the best RX7 set-up I had used to date. I was running in the 1'39.5's with it. I also tried this set-up on to the Spirit R Type A model. With this car you have much less wheel spin and the braking is also better. I was in the 1'38.3's with the improvements from both. Plus it is just more locked in.👍

Next is the review of the Lotus Omega GSi'90

Braking:
The car has good braking all around.

Trans:
The transmission gearing is good as nomal. I find the final drive gear OK, But could be tightened up a little.

Suspension:
The Omega great at all points of the turn and is very nuetral. You can use the more or less throttle to steer the car for both oversteer or understeer. The car has wheel spin, but with careful throttle control it can be keeped in check. Throttle control is the key to very fast lap with the Carlton as the chassis is more than will.

This car is a big surprise and is super fast. I was running in the 1'55.8's with it. Now thats moving on S3 tires! This car is a blast to drive and it goes where it's point. This is a 9.5er.:)👍👍 :cheers:

Thank you for reviewing those two! I'm glad that they pleased you, and astonished by the impressive laptimes you pulled with them. I don't know how you keep cutting the seconds off of our laptimes, which already are rather fast. Anyway, as the rules go, you're now allowed to request a tune from me.

Sorry I haven't been around reviewing any of your cars much lately guys, It's been pretty hectic lately with the Vintage Cup and our own garage. I will come around some time to test the Lotus Omega. Is it not true that the Opel Omega and Holden Commdore are based off the same platform therefore the similar styling?

Edit: Yes it is, they both used the 'V' Platform and have similar styling- so I must test it.

yeah, they both are based on Opel.. :lol: I love that car because its a Lotus, and hate it because it's based on Opel/GM platform. They even had the nerve to sell Omega B as Cadillac Catera. I've driven Omega B, and I can tell you, that it would be Cadillac with the removal of badges and replacing them with Cadillac badges.. I loathe badge-engineering..

Do you realise there is only one reason they do it? To stay alive, to have so many brands GM must use the same car in different brands to save development costs and keep brands alive. I love it because it's a GM platform and hate it because that platform deserves the Buick V6 as Commodores had back then.

yeah, I know that. but did you know that GM is desperate enough to sell their engines ald old chassis designs to Lada? yeah, new Lada's are basically 90's Opels.. :lol:

nice new pair of cars...............i think i have to spend an afternoon with testing all the new cars! hopefully i can find the time this week...........

viper

I really should get that Lotus to be able to drive a proper lap for it... now it's probably a bit underrated as far as its indicated lap time goes, I usually take some seconds off Leondiae's times. But the damn thing is 13 game weeks away. :ouch: Time to break out the backup save and check the situation on it...

viperpilot - Pair? Huh? :confused:

Recently I tested the Nismo 450R that you guys have. Overall, the car setup is fantastic, but I noticed that the car lacks low-end torque that's required for some of the more technical tracks (Autumn Ring, Tsukuba ect...). But don't take my comments the wrong way, keep tuning cars and doing your thing :D

Rating: 8.5/10 👍

Fender

Recently I tested the Nismo 450R that you guys have. Overall, the car setup is fantastic, but I noticed that the car lacks low-end torque that's required for some of the more technical tracks (Autumn Ring, Tsukuba ect...). But don't take my comments the wrong way, keep tuning cars and doing your thing :D

Rating: 8.5/10 👍

Fender

Thank you for testing that old barge of mine. now, you can request a custom tuneup. check the rules from page 1, and pay attention to post 11 as well, and after reading them, send me your request with details such as power, tyres, wing etc.

Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evolutione II Stradale

373 bhp, 455 Nm, 1147 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 3
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Variable Centre Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Increase (rollcage)
Rigidity Refresh
Oil Change
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 7.5 / 9.0
Ride Height: 120 / 145
Bound: 6 / 4
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.0
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 8

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.952
2nd: 2.009
3rd: 1.476
4th: 1.138
5th: 0.935
6th: 0.785
Final Gear: 4.000

Autoset 16

VCD
Variable Centre Differential: 30

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

There are rumours, that Lancia would be reviving the Delta. Bringing back 200 old Delta's with performance greater than their Group A is certainly a tell-tale sign of that. Everything in these cars is race-bred, all the way from sticky sports tyres to the rollcage and bucket seats. Please, enjoy of this car. Even the most ham-fisted driver will feel like a WRC champion in this car.

Uh oh ... the Delta is one of my favorite cars! Once I get the Toyota 2000GTO Shelby Special sorted and posted for VTC, you can definitely expect a review on the Lancia. 👍 And be still my heart... is that a VCD on an MFT AWD? :sly:

Yes. it saved whatever there was to save in the handling department. expect neutral/understeery behaviour. Even Grey couldn't make it oversteer.

Too true, it was just about impossible to break the grip in the rear. Even the Quattro of mine (and it's the dreaded Quattro, for God's sake!) can do it when handled with determination - and enough craziness - but this one is the absolute materialisation of rear wheel grip. Spinning the Delta out can be compared to being bored when driving a go-kart, you really have to be out of your mind to make it happen.

Oh, and the said Quattro just got new pictures. The originals weren't cutting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back