How To Share PS3 Game Saves: UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD YOUR PS3/PS2/PSOne GAME SAVES HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I did everything exactly like it says to( save it to computer, extract it with winrar to PS3/EXPORT/PSV), still nothing shows up. The only way I get something to show up on the ps3 is when I add .psv at the end of the filename, even then I only get a corrupted data icon. IS there something wrong with these files because I'm not the only one having problems with them. Could it be the filename?

After you unzipped it, did you open the file down the the actual game save which should read something like this... "BASLUS-214464554430303030.PSV"?

If not, you didn't open the file all the way. Remember, some files are saved as "PS3, EXPORT, PSV" files that must open all the way to the actual .psv file located in the "PSV" folder. It is that actual file you must transfer to a memory card that has the folders "PS3, EXPORT and PSV" already on it.

It sounds like after unzipping it, you save it as is to a memory card or stick with those folders already present. So, you might have it as a "PS3, EXPORT, PSV, .psv" stored to a "PS3, EXPORT, PSV" folders.

What I Did is made the folders myself, (F:/ for me, probably different for you), and the path was F:/PS3/EXPORT/PSV/, then opening the compressed folders with the standard Windows thing (not sure how you do that), and went into the .zip's folders to PS3/EXPORT/PSV, then dragged the file to the open F:/PS3/EXPORT/PSV/, and it saved and read fine on my PS3 (This is with GT4 file, I will try the MSG3 one is a sec.

Edit: After reading Solid's post, I would go to the PSV folder in the .zip (PS3/EXPORT/PSV), then find the file and drag it to an already open window of you memory stick with the (F:/(or whatever your drive is)/PS3/EXPORT)PSV folder open.

From,
Chris.

I just downloaded and loaded MGS3"Stealth" game save and it works fine for me. Here's what I did step by step.

I download the game save from GTP to my computer. I saved it in "My Downloads." I go to "My Downloads" and right click on the file. I "Extract File Here..." and then right click on the new file. I choose "Open." Then, an "OPEN WITH..." window opens up and I go down the list to choose "WinRAR Archiver." The WinRAR program opens the file and I either see a folder with "PS3" which must be opened all the way to the actual .psv file, or the actual "BASLUS.PSV" file. I transfer the "BASLUS.PSV" file to my flash drive or portable HDD in a folder labeled "PS3, EXPORT, PSV" and connect it to my PS3. My PS3 reads the file just fine and I transfer it to my PS3 HDD. I load the game and choose the game save from the game load menu.

Fin.

...and then right click on the new file. I choose "Open." Then, an "OPEN WITH..." window opens up and I go down the list to choose "WinRAR Archiver." The WinRAR program opens the file and I either see a folder with "PS3" which must be opened all the way to the actual .psv file, or the actual "BASLUS.PSV" file.

aha..this was the step not included in the f.a.q. This makes the file show up as a .psv with the correct name and everything. Thanks!

aha..this was the step not included in the f.a.q. This makes the file show up as a .psv with the correct name and everything. Thanks!

You have to open WinRAR files in the WinRAR Archiver. If you don't, they wont "unlock." Common knowledge, but I guess I should post it to inform new users who don't know. I've done exactly that with new additions to the first post.

Thanks for asking questions! It should clear up some issues from now on.

i was wondering if any1 else has this problem with gt4 save.....i copy it onto my inetrnal memory card and it dosnt seem to read it...im not 2 sure if it is becasue my game is PAL and so is my system. Has any1 got a PAL gt4 save for ps? If they have please could you share it. Thanks!

I was having some trouble getting Solid's gt4 file to do anything once downloaded, I tried to open it with winrar and nothing, when I right click I get no option for extraction... any suggestions would be much appreciated 👍

Hey, is it just me, or is your gt4 78% corrupted? lmao

I just tested it. It works fine for me. You obviously did something wrong. Read below of what I did step by step just now with this game save.

i was wondering if any1 else has this problem with gt4 save.....i copy it onto my inetrnal memory card and it dosnt seem to read it...im not 2 sure if it is becasue my game is PAL and so is my system. Has any1 got a PAL gt4 save for ps? If they have please could you share it. Thanks!

My GT4 game save is not for PAL. Sorry, it wont work.

I was having some trouble getting Solid's gt4 file to do anything once downloaded, I tried to open it with winrar and nothing, when I right click I get no option for extraction... any suggestions would be much appreciated 👍

The file is in its raw form and not compressed once downloaded. At least it wasn't for me. Here's what I did.

I click on the link in the game save description. I click on the file to download. I save it straight to the device I'll connect to my PS3 to transfer it (flash drive). I save it to a PSV folder in a EXPORT folder in a PS3 folder. I disconnect the flash drive from my PC after confirming it was saved in the proper location. I connect to my PS3 and it reads it just fine. The game save shows up as a GT4 game save. I transfer it to the PS3 HDD (virtual PS2 memory card). I load the GT4 game and it automatically loads the game save with no problems.

I just tested it. It works fine for me. You obviously did something wrong. Read below of what I did step by step just now with this game save.

My GT4 game save is not for PAL. Sorry, it wont work.

The file is in its raw form and not compressed once downloaded. At least it wasn't for me. Here's what I did.

I click on the link in the game save description. I click on the file to download. I save it straight to the device I'll connect to my PS3 to transfer it (flash drive). I save it to a PSV folder in a EXPORT folder in a PS3 folder. I disconnect the flash drive from my PC after confirming it was saved in the proper location. I connect to my PS3 and it reads it just fine. The game save shows up as a GT4 game save. I transfer it to the PS3 HDD (virtual PS2 memory card). I load the GT4 game and it automatically loads the game save with no problems.

that would kinda make sense, thanks a lot SL I'll let you know what happens...

I did what you said for the GT4 file and it worked without a hitch, thanks! why would anyone turn all the music off? :yuck:

also to be a weeny head and request gamesaves of my own
does anyone have the following?

Uncharted

Lego star wars complete Saga

Motorstorm

Oblivion

Sweet, thanks man!

BTW: What is "MGS Picture 'WTF?' " ?

In the MGS game series you can either earn or find a camera. You can take pics anytime you want and save them. Taking pics of certain areas will reveal a secret image. In the game option is a 'photo album' and you can view the stored pic there.

Oh, and you're welcome.

I did what you said for the GT4 file and it worked without a hitch, thanks! why would anyone turn all the music off? :yuck:

Uncharted

Motorstorm

Oblivion

What kinda save do you want for Oblivion? It's very personal how you live your char.

Uncharted

Motorstorm

Oblivion

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/save/928393.html <---Motorstorm

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/save/939576.html <---Lego Star Wars Compleat Saga.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/save/932984.html <---Uncharted

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/save/934605.html <---Oblivion

Google = Good :bowdown:

From,
Chris.

After some hard searching for a PAL GT4 game save i came across this!:D
It is a 100% game save. It contains a vintage collection of 212 cars. Some black race cars, and two Formula1 cars. It also has many 1000+ BHP LeMan race cars. It has 2+mil Cr. All of the licences have been compleate!
Please Make sure you enjoy it.
PAL GT4 GAME SAVE: http://www.mediafire.com/?8zyhjjwuxn9
If in the future the link becomes invaild and does not work, then please PM me and then i will upload it to another uploading and downloading site.
ENJOY

It is a 100% game save. It contains a vintage collection of 212 cars. Some black race cars, and two Formula1 cars. It also has many 1000+ BHP LeMan race cars. It has 2+mil Cr. All of the licences have been compleate!
If in the future the link becomes invaild and does not work, then please PM me and then i will upload it to another uploading and downloading site.
ENJOY

Thanks! :)👍

Is there any way of downloading these game saves and putting them back on a memory card using the PS3 card accessory?

Like PC > PS3 > PS2 Memory Card > PS2.....

Robin

Cheers _V_ :cheers: I grabbed the file as I have been waiting for one to be posted also ;) I have it on my desktop now as a .PSV file in no folder ... If I put this in a folder called PS3 and then put it on a dongle it should be detected by the PS3 easily? not too sure but I look forward to uploading it to the PS3 for convenience 👍

Thanks again :)

edit: my apologies :embarrassed: .... I see instructions on the first post, I once was blind but now I can see :P
Thanks to Solid Lifters for the detailed instructions 👍

ENJOY

You can find this game save in the first post. Thanks for supplying it. 👍

Cheers _V_ :cheers: I grabbed the file as I have been waiting for one to be posted also ;) I have it on my desktop now as a .PSV file in no folder ... If I put this in a folder called PS3 and then put it on a dongle it should be detected by the PS3 easily? not too sure but I look forward to uploading it to the PS3 for convenience 👍

Thanks again :)

edit: my apologies :embarrassed: .... I see instructions on the first post, I once was blind but now I can see :P
Thanks to Solid Lifters for the detailed instructions 👍

You're welcome. ;)

Thanks! :)👍

Is there any way of downloading these game saves and putting them back on a memory card using the PS3 card accessory?

Like PC > PS3 > PS2 Memory Card > PS2.....

Robin

yes, once it is on an internal memory card you can copy it back onto a memory card using the adapter, at least, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to.

yes, once it is on an internal memory card you can copy it back onto a memory card using the adapter, at least, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to.

Thanks land sea air :)👍 Need to get hold of one of those adaptors!

I was wondering if anyone has an NTSC J (Japan) GT3 gamesave with like the Porshe and Lambo unlocked.

I tried the one posted at the start of this thread but it said the Zip was corrupted, also I think that one is for the US version and may not be compatable with the JPN one anyway.

I would really appreciate it! Thanks

Robin

Just a head's up, you can now upload .PSV game saves to GTPlanet.net using the Manage Attachment feature. No more needing to compress or Zip the files before uploading. This should save a bunch of steps and make sharing game saves a lot easier.

Thanks again Jordan!

EDIT: See, works like a charm!

Attachments

• BASLUS-21359314E303030303030.PSV
    59.5 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back