Official Ferrari Challenge Thread

• Thread starter kekke2000
  • 1,184 comments
I don't care, all I want to know is the release date!!!
:odd:

Beerz, check my post on previous page please :D April 18 is now the date, but given the perspective of constant delaying, we'll know for sure during March.

Is this game for the US aswell?

That's probably one of the best question that lies in the air for this game. Because, the whole "distribution" scheme for this game is very unusual for the industry at this point.

As far as I know, the publisher System3 has not jet signed all distribution deals even for Europe (PAL) countries. In late fall they've signed agreement with German distributer Koch Media to distribute the game for Italy, as well for all German and French "speaking territories".

I also have an information that UK distribution will go over MCV Company.

But at this point there is no companny listed that would take care of any worldwide distribution, a well as total of enormous number of other countries that belong to (PS2 and PS3) PAL markets.

So, basic answer to your question would be "Not yet".

However, take into concern that game will probably be region-free (as far for HD gaming), so you can always consider an import and eventualy playing online over some EU servers.

That's probably one of the best question that lies in the air for this game. Because, the whole "distribution" scheme for this game is very unusual for the industry at this point.

Its almost as good as the last post on previous page.

Beerz, check my post on previous page please :D April 18 is now the date, but given the perspective of constant delaying, we'll know for sure during March.

:lol: I was being sarcastic there, as in "I don't read any posts before mine". Guess I should've put a sarcasm tag in there somewhere, looking back, it does look I was serious.

Thanks for not bashing me anyway, mate. :lol:

:lol: I was being sarcastic there, as in "I don't read any posts before mine". Guess I should've put a sarcasm tag in there somewhere, looking back, it does look I was serious.

Thanks for not bashing me anyway, mate. :lol:

Yeah I was gonna say, seemed a bit uncharacteristic of you Beerz until you explained it was sarcasm...:sly:

Robin

Something is finaly happening :cool:

- System3's site has now become "Ferrari Challenge" site. There is a nice teaser video showing Senna's F430 just standing on the rain on the track. Sound of rain makes you want more :)

www.system3.com

Also, there is aglympse of online-mode in the news section. Notice that "news" is almost 50 days old, it just went unnoticed:

"14th January 2008 - A RACING RIOT ONLINE

Have you ever played a racing game, against 15 other players at the same time.* That's 16 real-life players on one track, racing dirty?* Well we have, we've been enjoying 16-Player internet play on the PS3 and it rocks.

Although having so many player at once from around the world is an amazing achievement. And, there being no slow-down at all even with all 16 players on screen at once.* Yes, we know that's all very impressive and technically brilliant but we couldn't help be most impressed that we would gesticulate at all those foreigners."

Play have got it down for the 11.04.2008

I can't wait. I just hope it plays good, and not like an arcady racer.

Have you ever played a racing game, against 15 other players at the same time.* That's 16 real-life players on one track, racing dirty?* Well we have, we've been enjoying 16-Player internet play on the PS3 and it rocks.

Slight catch they failed to mention, you are only allowed 2 different types of Ferrari on each track at the same time (so for example the whole field has to be F430's and something else) and I think this is the same for offline also..... thats super lame!

Its beyond me why this game has taken so long to produce!

Robin

April 11th or November 4th?
April.
I believe that Play is located anywhere but the US, which means the day is placed after the month as I've only seen the US place the day before the month. All I also know is that it tends to annoy some Europeans when I write my date of birth down as 3.15.90

April.
I believe that Play is located anywhere but the US, which means the day is placed after the month as I've only seen the US place the day before the month. All I also know is that it tends to annoy some Europeans when I write my date of birth down as 3.15.90

That is so true.:ouch: There is no 15th month!!!!:sly:

Slight catch they failed to mention, you are only allowed 2 different types of Ferrari on each track at the same time (so for example the whole field has to be F430's and something else) and I think this is the same for offline also..... thats super lame!

Its beyond me why this game has taken so long to produce!

Robin

maybe so they don't end up having the same fate as nfs games, ie Need For Speed Pro Street :lol: just kidding. but i can't wait until this game comes out.

It says April 18 at the official press site, but those few days doesn't matter really - as long as it is April.

New release date - 23/May/2008. I just saw that coming :D

Also, here's the final box.

Attachments

• Ferrari_Challenge_PS3_Packs.jpg
    Ferrari_Challenge_PS3_Packs.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 164
With this and GT5P coming out so close to one another and both carrying a Ferrari license how to you see the consumers reacting to this... i.e. which one are they gonna buy?

Its actually a really bad time for this to release because to the average consumer they might think oh well GT5P has Ferrari's in it and its a lot cheaper and its from a tried and tested more popular series/developer...

What you guys think?

Robin

that is tricky yeah. and the graphics of polyphony digital would be a big question on how the ferrari challenge game will sell too, everything better be good, and maybe if they have more courses to offer than gt5p then maybe that would be the one making the difference for them.

Here is the most recent product descritpion I've grabbed from the press-intranet and it seems very temptational:

- Official game of the Ferrari Challenge series
- Up to 16 international racing circuits, plus additional downloadable content
- Multiple game options including Ferrari Challenge Seasons, Time Trial, Practice, Endurance and Quick Race Modes
- Complete official team and car rosters from the real-world racing series plus new downloadable teams, cars and content made available at the start of each new season
- Downloadable cars updated each month, circuits, hill climbs and customization options to build online Sony PS3 community
- Realistic vehicle simulation, race damage modeling and handling dynamics
- Win in game Ferrari Collector cards featuring current and historical Ferrari marques with full WiFi connectivity for Battle Cards with PSP
- Race online races with up to 16 players
- Unlock additional Ferrari cars including 360 Challenge, 355 Challenge, 348 Challenge and many other cars that have featured over the Ferrari Challenge weekends including the Ferrari FXX
- Innovative online community features including the ability to swap cars and collectable battle cards.
- Game supports the "Official Ferrari Steering Wheel" (while I got the confirmation from the producer that game will also support Logitech wheels, G25 included)

Also, today they've released a enourmous amount of new screens from the final build, so I'll post them later because you really want to see them.

I think it's safe to say that all 14 of these tracks will be included in the game...

Monza
Misano
Silverstone
Spa
Paul Ricard
Hockenheim
Vallelunga
Mugello
Homestead
Infineon Raceway
Virginia International Raceway
Circuit Gille Villeneuve
Mont-Tremblant
California Speedway

OK, here are the new screens form the final build (PS3).

Notice that new screens represents all cars/drivers available in rooster (2 pictures for each driver/team), and many of them are from different tracks. So far, I could recognize Monza, Spa Francorchamps, Paul Ricard and Road America (I think for the last one, not so sure). So, any help regarding this particular subject would be very welcomed.

From the both tracks and driver names (you can see driver names by looking at the very picture information), game is obviusly build around both European and US series, giving us opportunity to drive on many world-known tracks.

Also notice there are still no screens regarding damage or changable weather - both announced for the final build.

Notice the improved graphics and modelling for both cars and tracks. I just hope this game will be good as expected..

Attachments

• Barde_01.jpg
    Barde_01.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Barde_05.jpg
    Barde_05.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Baron_02.jpg
    Baron_02.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Baron_06.jpg
    Baron_06.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Belluzi_01.jpg
    Belluzi_01.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 40
  • Bontemp_04.jpg
    Bontemp_04.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Bontemp_02.jpg
    Bontemp_02.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Bennett09.jpg
    Bennett09.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Bennett05.jpg
    Bennett05.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Belluzi_04.jpg
    Belluzi_04.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Fata01.jpg
    Fata01.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Farano08.jpg
    Farano08.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Farano03.jpg
    Farano03.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Cadei_03.jpg
    Cadei_03.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Cadei_02.jpg
    Cadei_02.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 26
  • Fata09.jpg
    Fata09.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Gianniberti_04.jpg
    Gianniberti_04.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Gianniberti_09.jpg
    Gianniberti_09.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 28
  • Giraudi_01.jpg
    Giraudi_01.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Giraudi_06.jpg
    Giraudi_06.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Kinch_04.jpg
    Kinch_04.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Horejsi_03.jpg
    Horejsi_03.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Horejsi_02.jpg
    Horejsi_02.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Grossman_05.jpg
    Grossman_05.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Grossman_01.jpg
    Grossman_01.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 41
  • Lee02.jpg
    Lee02.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Lee06.jpg
    Lee06.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Moser_01.jpg
    Moser_01.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Moser_05.jpg
    Moser_05.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Postiglione_02.jpg
    Postiglione_02.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Sernagiotto_08.jpg
    Sernagiotto_08.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Sernagiotto_03.jpg
    Sernagiotto_03.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Senna15.jpg
    Senna15.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Senna05.jpg
    Senna05.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 279
  • Postiglione_06.jpg
    Postiglione_06.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Tucker03.jpg
    Tucker03.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 35
  • Stroll_07.jpg
    Stroll_07.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Stroll_04.jpg
    Stroll_04.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 25
  • Shovlin_06.jpg
    Shovlin_06.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Shovlin_04.jpg
    Shovlin_04.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Tucker07.jpg
    Tucker07.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Vasiliev_04.jpg
    Vasiliev_04.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Vasiliev_06.jpg
    Vasiliev_06.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Zoi_02.jpg
    Zoi_02.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Zoi_04.jpg
    Zoi_04.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 57
Is this game being released in the US? I would seriously consider picking it up is it is, looks like an awesome game. I need more Racing games on my PS3.

Could their timing be any worse?

Seriously, releasing this game AFTER GT5P, which for the first time has Ferrari...

Great work on the info, amar! As always. ;)

Back