GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
Danm,

I still need to unwrap the game ;)
Well, i'll try to enable myself to drive this evening, do send me the pass and gamaname in case i make it.
Or just post it here, i doubt anyone will try to access "illegally".

ANd if they do, you'll boot them i guess :cheers:

Maybe you should start sending the PMs for the game name and password Ardius. When I was doing it for the other thread last week I think I left it too late and some people may have missed out because of that. Just a suggestion though, do it your own way though because everything is brilliant so far.

Good point, did you get the PM?

Like I said in it, I will post here when I have hosted the game, I might not be able to make it for 22:00.

Danm,

I still need to unwrap the game ;)
Well, i'll try to enable myself to drive this evening, do send me the pass and gamaname in case i make it.
Or just post it here, i doubt anyone will try to access "illegally".

ANd if they do, you'll boot them i guess :cheers:

Good good, hope to see you there then! Don't worry about not keeping up, it is practice after all!

Hmmm, not sure whether I'm going to make it, guys. I could be up to an hour before I get around to hosting, is everyone ok with waiting till 23:00 (GMT+1)?

Hmmm, not sure whether I'm going to make it, guys. I could be up to an hour before I get around to hosting, is everyone ok with waiting till 23:00 (GMT+1)?

Hi Ardius,

Yeah, GMT 22:00 ( or 0:00 Central European Time).

Actually good for me, so i can lure my wife to the bedroom with a footmassage.
Sounds dangerous, i know, but i also know receiving a footmassage makes sleepy :D

Hi Ardius,

Yeah, GMT 22:00 ( or 0:00 Central European Time).

Actually good for me, so i can lure my wife to the bedroom with a footmassage.
Sounds dangerous, i know, but i also know receiving a footmassage makes sleepy :D

:lol:
UK time is GMT+1.

:lol:
UK time is GMT+1.

I know, and CET is GMT+2 👍

Chrs

=====
lol, i just had it sorted and now i get a conflicting message again.

Ardius, now i am confused, well don't wait for me if you need to lock the room (my wife says that's good advice, certainly don;t lock when i AM in ;))
I'll try to do something, can i pick any car???? Edit, williams it is then (lucky me, nearly took a minardi).

I know, and CET is GMT+2 👍

Chrs

=====
lol, i just had it sorted and now i get a conflicting message again.

Ardius, now i am confused, well don't wait for me if you need to lock the room (my wife says that's good advice, certainly don;t lock when i AM in ;))
I'll try to do something, can i pick any car????

It doesnt matter, all the cars are the same anyway online, to make it equal.
I'm hosting officially at xx.30. So, 10 minutes!

Ok, the game is hosted in the EU zone, in the most popular lobby.

Ardius,

I'm first time F1RC, i see i first need to pick a region (europe) and then a channel, which one please?
I'm having some trouble locating you, (edit) but i'm in now ;)

The lobby is up. Me and Ardius are in it now.

Edit: mindwise: Pick Europe then pick parabolica then join game then you will see Ardius' lobby and then select it and enter the password and we'll be waiting in there.

Based off it being GMT+1 uk time and it being gmt+10 aus time (using the GMT website) the race I thought was starting now :( At least it was only practice.

Based off it being GMT+1 uk time and it being gmt+10 aus time (using the GMT website) the race I thought was starting now :( At least it was only practice.

Damn it! I knew we should have waited a bit.
It did start, but we voted to start early, sorry for not waiting for you, but I wasn't sure if you were going to come.

We can do another short race, if everyone wants.

Anyway, my lord, gt4genius, thats some driving there! I got a good qualy, but I couldn't keep the consistencey up in the race....kept spinning after getting 1 wheel on the sand. Shame I couldn't keep up with you and Crooky, I suppose I'm a little tired though.

That went well, for me anyway :sly:!
Pity you werent there J-Pap or Appie or Gnobody it'll be even better when you all are there.
I have a picture of the results if any one wants to see them, and the fastest lap was the final lap @ 1.32.590.

Ok, Im hosting another one right now, same game name and password, same place.
We'll go for fewer laps this time.

Yeah nice laptimes ;)

For me it were my first meters with this game, on a new track :crazy:

Ah well, at least i was right when i drove into the pits again ;)
I knew he said 'next round', but knowing i'd enter a new round while pitting i couldn't resist pitting the wrong immidiate round. Needless to say i missed all the 'marks'.
I'll try and keep the 6xis on hand next time.

Anyways. yeah, prefereably a circuit i know, fuji or suz would be great

Sorry I wont be able to make that one, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear!

lol, no, I dont mind you flying off into the distance! I'd like as many people as possible!
I was trying really hard to not be lapped, but then I kept making mistakes, and then had to pit for fuel, lol.

J-pap, can you make it to this one? Or anyone else? Me and mindwise are in there now.

That's great, i'm not sure J-P could resist switching a BluRD ;)
But let's wait a bit for him, and hopefully some others, this time.

And can we have some practice time, 10 min or so :cheers:

If its just me and you, mindwise, ill hang back with you so we can practice.

Hmm, J-pap has gone...

Ok, Im going to start the session in 2 minutes, me and you can just practice for a bit. Then im off to sleep.

So, last night was a success! My connection held up well and everyone stayed for the full 20 laps, although what happened with chemicaL and mindwise? Did you run out of fuel or something? lol.

I'm chuffed to qualify 2nd behind gt4 genius, although I was 7 seconds off his time. Straight from the 3rd/4th corner, he pulled away though and I spent the rest of the race in 3rd after Crooky flew past me too. Had a lot of trouble keeping consistent, as I kept running a wheel off road and spinning, especially at turns 5 and 9.
About 10 or so laps into the race, I was challenged from behind by chemicaL, but he disappeared somewhere (I think he pitted?) and I didn't see him again till later on in the race where he had stopped (fuel?).

Anyway, final results of practice session 1:
Pole Position: gt4genius
Fastest lap: gt4 genius
Qualifying:
1. gt4 genius
2. GTP_Ardius
3. GTP_Crooky
4. GTP_chemicaL
5. GTP_mindwise
Results:
1. gt4 genius
2. GTP_Crooky
3. GTP_Ardius
4. GTP_chemicaL
5. GTP_mindwise

If this was the actual race, the points standing would have looked like this:
1. GT4genius 10+1 pts
2. GTP_Crooky 8 pts
3. GTP_Ardius 6 pts
4. GTP_chemicaL 5 pts
5. GTP_mindwise 4 pts

1. Jordan 11 pts
2. Williams 9 pts
3. Lotus 8 pts
4. Jaguar 6 pts
5. Aguri 0 pts

Depending on what happens in the next practice race, I may change the points rules, to even out the field a little (may scrap the points for pole and fastest lap).
Interesting to note that you don't have to finish in top positions for the team to do well, as Williams had two drivers, it meant that they gained a lot more points despite being bottom of the field! This is why I have done it with teams, it makes it more interesting for all drivers, rather than concentrating on winning.

Pole Position: gt4genius
Fastest lap: gt4 genius
1. gt4 genius

If this was the actual race, the points standing would have looked like this:
1. GT4genius 10+2 pts

Depending on what happens in the next practice race, I may change the points rules, to even out the field a little (may scrap the points for pole and fastest lap).
Interesting to note that you don't have to finish in top positions for the team to do well, as Williams had two drivers, it meant that they gained a lot more points despite being bottom of the field! This is why I have done it with teams, it makes it more interesting for all drivers, rather than concentrating on winning.

Yeah, it was a blast, i think i already spent 15 minutes finding excuses for finishing last but that will change the next race. (okay i can;t resist, it were my first meters with this game on an new track, my starting roundtimes were 2:01 (qualified well outside the 110% margin i guess).

I managed to get my roundtimes back to 1:37 later in the race, right before i was hit in the back while i was trying to keep the road free for the quick drivers ?? (i didn;t see who, prolly an ai vehicule.)

Anyways, not to 'down' Genius's performance, but from a philosophical standpoint:

I don't think rewarding the pole with a point is feasable, the pole position itself is reward enough for that i think.
I think you'll find that the pole position and the fastest racelap wil be the same driver 80% of the time, imo a point (or two) for the fastest racelap is good enough,i like that idea, but i'm happy with the current system too.

Hope to be competative next time ;)

I'm sure if when Appie and J-Pap and Gnobody are in the races it wont be all one way, and I'm not that good in Malaysia and lots of other tracks so dont worry about the season being effectivily over too soon. And I'm sure with a small bit of practice you will be just as good if not better, I've been playing these games for the last 9 years, Mindwise and Ardius yous havent played them a week yet so give yourselves a chance.
Also I have no problem with getting rid of the point for pole, but keep the fastest time thing. Because say if I or any of the others had to stop for what ever reason and then had no chance of coming back from last by the end of the race at least then the could battle for that point or two regardless of if they were last. It would add incentive to keep driving agressivily even for the first place driver for fear that someone could put in a better time.

And not to get anyone in trouble, because these cars speeds are ridiculous and therefore worse to avoid an accident than GT5P, but Mindwise I dont think an AI car can hit you because they are invisible to your car, so it must of been one of us!

Anyway great race Ardius, and I'm looking forward to the official start when everyone will be out on the grid, maybe even do the down to eight place points system because then 2nd will get alot more and people in 7th 8th and 9th will have something to really challenge each other for.

I'm sure if when Appie and J-Pap and Gnobody are in the races it wont be all one way, and I'm not that good in Malaysia and lots of other tracks so dont worry about the season being effectivily over too soon. And I'm sure with a small bit of practice you will be just as good if not better, I've been playing these games for the last 9 years, Mindwise and Ardius yous havent played them a week yet so give yourselves a chance.
Also I have no problem with getting rid of the point for pole, but keep the fastest time thing. Because say if I or any of the others had to stop for what ever reason and then had no chance of coming back from last by the end of the race at least then the could battle for that point or two regardless of if they were last. It would add incentive to keep driving agressivily even for the first place driver for fear that someone could put in a better time.

And not to get anyone in trouble, because these cars speeds are ridiculous and therefore worse to avoid an accident than GT5P, but Mindwise I dont think an AI car can hit you because they are invisible to your car, so it must of been one of us!

Anyway great race Ardius, and I'm looking forward to the official start when everyone will be out on the grid, maybe even do the down to eight place points system because then 2nd will get alot more and people in 7th 8th and 9th will have something to really challenge each other for.

I think I'll go with mindwise' suggestion and take away the PP point but keep the fastest lap one.
This points system I've taken from the 1990s F1 system, but the current FIA points system is probably better. I'll change it now.

I have no idea who hit you mindwise, I only saw your car for the first time when it was parked up at the 1st corner, I'll probably turn off collisions next time, because its too hectic on some tracks for us to drive cleanly. Many of the tracks are quite narrow in places.

Also, how come some of the hosted games out there have 22 car grids? Are these dedicated servers? And lastly, can someone explain all the icons on the circuit map?, because its hard to determine where the leader, car in front or car behind are.

I think the 22 car threads are for full races were there is 11 people and 11 AI drivers. The indicators on the track map are just colour coded to whichever type of car, I dont think it tells you who is infront or behind you, but I'm not sure on that.
I think you should leave damage on, without it it would be more like a simultaneous time trial rather than a race, part of formula 1 is the high speed wheel to wheel battles. And a good defencive but fare driver could hold off someone faster than him with collisions on but without it we would have none of that. But ofcourse it should be a majority rule so if more people want it off, i'm ok with that.

Back