GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
I think the 22 car threads are for full races were there is 11 people and 11 AI drivers. The indicators on the track map are just colour coded to whichever type of car, I dont think it tells you who is infront or behind you, but I'm not sure on that.
I think you should leave damage on, without it it would be more like a simultaneous time trial rather than a race, part of formula 1 is the high speed wheel to wheel battles. And a good defencive but fare driver could hold off someone faster than him with collisions on but without it we would have none of that. But ofcourse it should be a majority rule so if more people want it off, i'm ok with that.

I agree that ghosting just takes away, I dunno, I'll leave it on for the next practice race and see how everything goes.
I know about it having 11 people and 11 AI drivers, im just wondering how they got the extra 11 AI? I won't turn such a thing on, I dislike the AI being around, was just wondering.

The track map is highly confusing, it marks AI cars (white dot with red centre, i think), I know that, and it also marks the car behind you with a red dot, but its also uses yellow-coloured ones for either the leaders or the people in front, Im not sure.

I've been playing these games for the last 9 years, Mindwise and Ardius yous havent played them a week yet so give yourselves a chance.
Also I have no problem with getting rid of the point for pole, but keep the fastest time thing.

Hehehe, 9 years you say Genius, you newbie ;p
i'm afraid i can double your years :cheers:

But rest assured (or not), obviously i didn't expect to win with a new game and new circuit, you can expect me closing in to about a 2-3 second gap very soon (next week).
(i'm quick to state that i started simracing about 18 years ago, but obviously i havent raced all 18 years (thank goodness), i have occassional other 'flings' like battlefield2, total war rome/medieval2 and making music (for fun).
As a fun fact, my first racing game was called 'checquered flag' (bad spelling). for the zx-spectrum. Not a sim, but a start ;)

BUT tbh, this indeed is the first time in years since i race (last was GT3 and more recently RFACTOR (but seeing my 42" plasma in the livingroom makes me forget my 19" rfactor setup (which i hardly played, i think 5 hours)

Glad you agree with the polepoint, i was merely stating that the pole position gives you the best opportunity to get the fastest racelap as well (especially in short races) AND the one with pole is ,most likely to hit the best racelap, as he got the pole by being quicker then the others.
But it doesn't really matter.

Hi There :)

If there are any spaces left I would like to participate.

Thanks.

Ardius will have to confirm, but I dont see why not you cant be the first driver of the 5th team. Now you can try and find a second driver or wait for one to hopefully post his interest here. Most importantly you can pick a name! :)

@ mindwise, looking forward to some competition then next week, I shouldnt have told you I have so much experience of F1 games, next week I'm going to be the one watching from the back :embarrassed:.

@ mindwise, looking forward to some competition then next week, I shouldnt have told you I have so much experience of F1 games, next week I'm going to be the one watching from the back :embarrassed:.

Nah, i don't think you need to worry, i'm afraid you just have a little more talent then i do (or a smaller lack of talent, but i don't think you need to be that modest ;)).

But i will try to make it interesting enough by starting on softs and 12 liters of fuel.
Ofcourse i can't, and actually i don't mind the setup of races like this, all equal fixed cars, some strategy would be good though, like with longer races a tyrechoice (or does this game have that online?).

++

Edit,

Btw, Ardius, i think it's fine to go ahead and count the last race as real with whatever pointssystem.
Next race next circuit right?

Hi There :)

If there are any spaces left I would like to participate.

Thanks.

Yup, welcome to the championship :)
Whats your PSN?
Also, can you think of a name for your team?

Nah, i don't think you need to worry, i'm afraid you just have a little more talent then i do (or a smaller lack of talent, but i don't think you need to be that modest ;)).

But i will try to make it interesting enough by starting on softs and 12 liters of fuel.
Ofcourse i can't, and actually i don't mind the setup of races like this, all equal fixed cars, some strategy would be good though, like with longer races a tyrechoice (or does this game have that online?).

++

Edit,

Btw, Ardius, i think it's fine to go ahead and count the last race as real with whatever pointssystem.
Next race next circuit right?

I'm going to hold 2 practice races before each proper race so that everyone has a chance to get used to each track and give the most equal chance for everyone. Also, it allows everyone to have a chance to at least race once, because some people may not be able to make it every time, at least this way they can at least make it to a practice race or whatever.
I also won't count the last race mostly because only 5 (6 including j-pap) of us were there, and it wouldn't be fair to J-pap.

However, in relation to my rule that each person has to race once to be counted towards the championship, practice races do not count, this rule is for points scored, so if someone doesn't start any races, they will not be included in the final championship table, but anyone who starts one race will (just like in the real championship).

Oh, and no, theres no option for allowing tyre or fuel strategies online, its a shame, but I suppose that this game is one of the earlier PS3 games.

Ardius will have to confirm, but I dont see why not you cant be the first driver of the 5th team. Now you can try and find a second driver or wait for one to hopefully post his interest here. Most importantly you can pick a name! :)

Yup, welcome to the championship :)
Whats your PSN?
Also, can you think of a name for your team?

Great thanks :) My PSN ID is Gyles69 and I would like to call the team Team Aguri, if possible I was hoping to use the Super Aguri ;)

Many Thanks.

Great thanks :) My PSN ID is Gyles69 and I would like to call the team Team Aguri, if possible I was hoping to use the Super Aguri ;)

Many Thanks.

Yup, thats fine, welcome :)
So you want the team to be "Super Aguri"? or "Team Aguri"?

Thanks Ardius. I'll make sure I come on an hour earlier than what the GMT website says for mondays practice.

Sorry to be awkward but can we bring the Monday time to 10.00 UK time. I know J-Pap you will have to get up very early for this then but if we have it at 10.30 I probably wont be able to make it, sorry.

Thanks Ardius. I'll make sure I come on an hour earlier than what the GMT website says for mondays practice.

What dedication you have JP, so what time are you getting up local time?

What dedication you have JP, so what time are you getting up local time?

If the race is at 22.30 uk time. That means I'd have to get up at 7.15am to make it to the race at 7.30am. In a way its easier for me to have races at these hours because I usually have to go out or work during more normal hours for playing ps3. Plus nobody interrupts me via msn/phone at that time as they are usually sleeping. For example the garage showdowns are very difficult to do for me as I don't normally stay home Saturday night. Only reason I made the last showdown was because of exams so I didn't go out.

I'm happy to have the race at 22.00 instead of 22.30 I can always go back to bed after the race :)

Yup, thats fine, welcome :)
So you want the team to be "Super Aguri"? or "Team Aguri"?

Hi :)

Team Aguri please.

Oh a question, I presume we race with Collisions on, so if there is any contact with another driver, whether it's an accident or lag contact, do we need to wait for the other driver to respawn back on the track ?

Thanks.

Ok, I'll bring the race time fowards, however, I might not be able to make it for that time, so you may have to host it, gt4 genius. I'll still hopefully join, but it will more than likely be at 10:10 or 10:15 or something. I'll let you know.

Hi :)

Team Aguri please.

Oh a question, I presume we race with Collisions on, so if there is any contact with another driver, whether it's an accident or lag contact, do we need to wait for the other driver to respawn back on the track ?

Thanks.

Team Aguri it is then.
I think we can trust each other to not intentionally collide into each other, so you do not need to wait, however, that may change depending on what happens in the following races.
For the moment, there is no rule, but I will leave that open to change if people feel too disadvantaged by it. Last time, we only had one incident that I don't think was intentional, so, so far no problems with collisions, but if any arrise, we will put in a rule for waiting and/or turn off collisons all together.

Just posting a bit before I head to bed to confirm the start time of this race and that I will be attending this time around. I'll be up at 6.45am GMT+10 (which I hope is 9.45pm UK time) to get the password. Also where exactly will I find the actual race (as in which room)

Just posting a bit before I head to bed to confirm the start time of this race and that I will be attending this time around. I'll be up at 6.45am GMT+10 (which I hope is 9.45pm UK time) to get the password. Also where exactly will I find the actual race (as in which room)

Yeah, thats the correct time, and before anyone gets confused, UK time is GMT+1 right now, so J-pap at GMT+10 is 9 hours ahead.

I will give the room this time in the PM, but it will be in the European zone in the Parabolica lobby.

Edit:
Ok, an hour to go to race time. I reckon I should make it in time to host it, so see you all there.
You should all find a PM soon ;)

The race is up, I am officially going to wait for 10 minutes (past 22:00) for entrants, we are not starting earlier than that.

ardius is the password you sent us correct? i'm typing it in both capital and small letters and its telling me its wrong.

Whoooops... well if you're still reading ;)

==

aah well, never mind i'll just go play some gt5p
sorry guys.

Good race i'm sure :cheers:

^lol, hopefully you'll make it next time....because next time will be the real race!

Well, great racing in the end, but I think I'm going to turn off collisions from now on, it leads to too many accidents mostly from me. :indiff:
Sorry to j-pap for two incidents, both of which were the result of me not seeing you from the side, although, I did see you the second time, you had gone off, and i thought I had already overtaken you, but alas. Both completely my fault.

Although collisions are nice and all, it gives the leader(s) way too much of an advantage as they can completely avoid it all, perhaps this is down to skill...but then this competition isn't about skill in that respect, its for all comers to enjoy. (not saying I didnt enjoy the race or that I think that the victory was undeserved of Gyles(fishfash), just I feel collisions put anyone involved way back and they nearly always accidental).

Anyway, the results:
Fastest lap: Gyles69
Pole Position: Gyles69
1. Gyles69
2. GT4 genius
3. GTP_Crooky
4. j-pap
5. GTP_Ardius

If this was the real race, it would have led to the following results:
Drivers table:
1. Gyles69 10+1 pts
2. GT4 genius 8 pts
3. GTP_Crooky 6 pts
4. j-pap 5 pts
5. GTP_Ardius 4 pts

Teams table:
1. Aguri 11 pts
2. Jaguar 9 pts
3. Jordan 8 pts
4. Lotus 6 pts
5. Williams 0 pts

Oh, what could have been! If only I hadnt gotten tangled with j-pap, we might have been even higher up with teams standings! Still, it once again goes to show that its the taking part that counts ;)

Sorry Ardius I tangled with you at the hairpin all my fault, according to my screen i never touched you but it was obvious I did. My first 4 laps were a disaster and I only had 1 lap of qualy because the connection dropped, although I would never have beaten Fishfash please tell me you use Manual otherwise I have no answer, your best time was 1.31.0.. I could only get close to that with a real good setup in single player

@Croky: what happened at your last pitstop I was looking forward to closing you down on the last 4 laps??

Good race overall, hopefully on some of the other tracks I could give FishFash a better run for his money!

Hey Guys,

I really enjoyed the race today :)

The problem with F1CE is that there is too much lag in the game. It's visible to see when other cars are taking corners, you can see the other cars drift round corners with smoking tyres. Although this is not apparant when driving your own car, but this is the reason why it's virtually impossible to overtake in this game, if you get too close to somebody accidents will happen. I have noticed that this started happening after they released the patch early on in the year.

Anyway's still it's an enjoyable game and if colls are off then everyone can get on with their own race.

Cya. 👍

Oh yes GT4genius I use manual gears and I mess around with Traction Control when exiting out of corners to get better acceleration. But Bahrain is my fav track, so I got lucky today. :yuck:

Yeah, I understand, gt4 genius, after you waited, it was obvious, but I know you lot aren't out to wreck me, so we dont really need to wait for each other.
Well, anyway, collisions off for the next one, its too dodgy to race hard without hitting people, I know thats part of racing, but in real life I'd be a bit more in control and aware of my surroundings than in the game.

Anyway, I used to use manual gears, but I felt I was at a disadvantage after the first practice race, because I wasnt used to the quirky gear changes. I might switch back, because its far easier to judge my speeds and braking points and its a lot faster for corners.
I use automatic at the moment because I feel like I can push if further in the corners, especially ones I dont know, because Im not worrying about gear changes.

I need some ideas when to setup the "real" race, as we obviously need it at a time when everyone is available, and so far, Gnobody, chemicaL and Appie haven't been able to turn up and others have been a little late.
For this to work well, we need to have the best turn up possible, otherwise we will constantly see certain teams dragged down by drivers who dont turn up or cannot turn up.

Also, we still need one more driver for Aguri.

I didn't even realise there was qualifying at the start. Kept entering and exiting the qualifying shootout thinking I had a bad connection lol

What kind of laptimes was everyone getting in their race? My fastest was a 1.33 flat. Don't know where i'm going to find another 1.5 seconds to compete with fishfash.

Hi,

I did a 1:31.045 last night on my last lap, prior to that I was doing mid 1:31's to late 1:31's throughout.

I think the key to a good race is to be consistent rather than fast to get a good result. I know people who can do 1:28's at Bahrain so I have a long way to go. :crazy:

Hi,

I did a 1:31.045 last night on my last lap, prior to that I was doing mid 1:31's to late 1:31's throughout.

I think the key to a good race is to be consistent rather than fast to get a good result. I know people who can do 1:28's at Bahrain so I have a long way to go. :crazy:

Oh yes, but thats my problem, lol, I cant keep up consistencey very well during the race, although Im getting better. The more practice I get, the better my driving consistencey gets. 👍

Back