GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
Fun racing all. I'll need to have a practice of malaysia at some point today now.

Ack, is it over???:ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch: I was so looking forward to it, I didnt even need this update my PS3 was fine, 🤬.
Its still only at 49%, I definitly need better broadband!

Great race, some fast laps going down, couldn't keep up! Loved it, cheers!

Good driving Crooky, we got some good team points!

Excellent race! Pity you coulnt make it GT4 genius.
Results:
Fastest lap: gyles69
Pole Position: gyles69
1st. gyles69 (fishfash)/Aguri
2nd. j-pap/Jaguar
3rd. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar
4th. GTP_Crooky/Lotus
5th. GTP_Gnobody/Lotus
6th. GTP_mindwise/Williams

That means:
Drivers table looks like this:
1st. gyles69 (fishfash) 11 pts
2nd. j-pap 8 pts
3rd. GTP_Ardius 6 pts
4th. GTP_Crooky 5 pts
5th. GTP_Gnobody 4 pts
6th. GTP_mindwise 3 pts

Teams table looks like this:
1st. Jaguar 14 pts
2nd. Aguri 11 pts
3rd. Lotus 9 pts
4th. Williams 3 pts
5th. Jordan 0 pts

I'll update the tables ASAP.

Loved that race! Although, what happened to Gnobody and mindwise at the start? Synchronised spinning now? Like Coulthard and Vettel, lol.
Loved the competition, Crooky, came down to pit stops in the end, but every time I came to the finish straight, I was watching the little icon in the pitlane in worry. You are one hard person to shake, thanks for the great racing.

Lastly, high five j-pap! A 2-3 for the team! Also a good result for Lotus too. (and naturally Aguri ;) ).

Cheers Ardius. Was great to get a 2-3. Drove a little more conservatively this time around (or just got use to playing f1 after last time) and got my spins down to 3 instead of something close to 10.

Still a second off FishFash. I think I need to change to manual. I was watching the start of the race and noticed even though I got off the line better, within 3 seconds he was already pulling away on me down the straight.

Regardless looking forward to the next race.

Now i'm going to try sleep again for another 2-3 hours.

Enjoyable racing guys :) Shame GT4 genius couldn't make it but hey J-PaP kept me honest for the first 6 laps or so and even closed me right down after I made 2 spins on one lap. :dopey:

Oh, I switched the PS3 on at 9:40 PM and realised that I needed to update, so I downloaded the file straight from the Playstation Support Site and downloaded to USB. Everything done within 10 minutes. :)

http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/ps3/system-software/

DAMN Pitstops! I thought orange meant AI decided pitstop time.

Haha, I thought your pit strategy was fine actually, I just managed to catch some time in between.

Finished updating the drivers table, you should all be able to see it in a few minutes. Working on the teams table now.

Updated teams table too.

I will definitely be there for today's proper race. Don't think I will be doing the practice race though so don't wait for me.

I should be there for both races, no downloading tonight! If you can you could just have 1 password and lobby for the 2 races, just stay in it during the break, I will if you cant.

Sorry people, I only just got back home, as I didnt think Id be out this late, so I cant host the Practice race right now. If someone else wants to host, go ahead, remember to PM everyone the game name and password though.

I'll be able to make it to host the proper race though. :)

Suppose as co-organiser that should probably be me! I'll PM you all in a few minutes, the race will start at 9.20, ok.

Sorry for double post, but this is important. Did everyone get there PM? Sorry for the delay, not as easy as Ardius makes it seem!
Maybe I should reset it to a few less laps considering the time.

Yeah i got it, that's okay but i'm dropping out of the competition :)

So someone else will need to carry the red light t the back of the train :cheers:

Go burn some rubber

So someone else will need to carry the red light t the back of the train :cheers:

Go burn some rubber
Oh right, ignore the PSN message I just sent you then, sorry.

Edit:Considering the time, and the fact no one has turned up yet, no problems I hope, maybe we should just have the real race?

Go burn some rubber

Sorry to see you go mate, thanks for the notice and hope you can return again some time!
You will be kept on the tables, so those 3 points will count, and you will still have a finishing position in the championship! You may even be able to come back and continue!

Sorry for double post, but this is important. Did everyone get there PM? Sorry for the delay, not as easy as Ardius makes it seem!
Maybe I should reset it to a few less laps considering the time.

:sly:

I wont have the proper race up till about 10.05 I think, so youve got a bit of time to run over into if you take too long.

Oh right, ignore the PSN message I just sent you then, sorry.

Edit:Considering the time, and the fact no one has turned up yet, no problems I hope, maybe we should just have the real race?

Yeah, may as well make your lobby the official race, but I wont be able to turn up till 10.05 at least, and that goes probably for a few other people.
Btw, I was thinking of making this a light-rain race, to mix it up a bit ;)

Yeah, may as well make your lobby the official race, but I wont be able to turn up till 10.05 at least, and that goes probably for a few other people.
Btw, I was thinking of making this a light-rain race, to mix it up a bit ;)

:scared::scared:, if you want to ok, but I'm off to get some urgent practice! If anyone joins and sees me driving I'm just practicing and will be back into the lobby as soon as I see you arrive, ok. Again if there is any problems with connecting to it let me know, and my broadband might not be the best so maybe we could somehow swap host to you Ardius when you arrive?

:scared::scared:, if you want to ok, but I'm off to get some urgent practice! If anyone joins and sees me driving I'm just practicing and will be back into the lobby as soon as I see you arrive, ok. Again if there is any problems with connecting to it let me know, and my broadband might not be the best so maybe we could somehow swap host to you Ardius when you arrive?

Yeah, sure.

Probably just have to get everyone to leave then rejoin the game, then it'll stick me as host.

Excellent race! Will post results in a sec.
gyles, did you get fastest lap?

Great racing with Gnobody, almost had me....it had to come down to the last lap! My pit strategy worked fairly well, and I wasnt placed too far behind you to start catching you in the remaining laps. Anyway, great racing! Pity about the spin at the end though :D

Results:
Pole Position: Gyles69
Fastest lap: Gyles69

Drivers points:
1. Gyles69/Aguri 11 pts
2. GT4genius/Jordan 8 pts
3. j-pap/Jaguar 6 pts
4. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 5 pts
5. GTP_Gnobody/Lotus 4 pts

Teams points:
1. Jaguar 11 pts
1. Aguri 11 pts
3. Jordan 8 pts
4. Lotus 4 pts
5. Williams 0 pts

Yeah, sure.

Probably just have to get everyone to leave then rejoin the game, then it'll stick me as host.

Excellent race! Will post results in a sec.
gyles, did you get fastest lap?

Great racing with Gnobody, almost had me....it had to come down to the last lap! My pit strategy worked fairly well, and I wasnt placed too far behind you to start catching you in the remaining laps. Anyway, great racing! Pity about the spin at the end though :D

Ofcourse he did! But I kept him honest:sly:, 1.5seconds behind at the end and in the lead with only 2 laps to go, I think its safe to say fishfash, you dont get along well with that pit entry! You wont get away with those mistakes in Oz, because I'll be alot closer then.

Great racing there GT4 genius, you were supreme today. đź‘Ť Yep I just couldn't get the pit entry right on both stops and also had loads of spins. :yuck: I really do hate the rain.

I am crap at Melbourne, I would be happy to finish in the top 4 there. :nervous:

Cya. :)

Heehee, I thought the rain would make it interesting. I spun it as well, quite a few times, and it was hell driving the first lap with all the spray. But all good fun!

I too had trouble with that pit lane entry, Ive practiced it before, even in the rain, but i keep forgetting where exactly it is.

Melbourne is a bit hit and miss for me, but we'll see. How is everyone for racing on friday? Practice at Melbourne, about 22:00 (UK time) again?

Just updated the tables again, its getting interesting already.
gt4genius jumps ahead of Gnobody by virtue of number of race wins (being that gt4genius has more second places than Gnobody).

Yeah, Fridays fine for the practice, could we have the race on Sunday or sometime that week, so as I can have the manual transmission ready to stage my early attack on fishfash's lead!! :sly:

If you want it earlier that would be fine, friday night maybe??

Yeah, Fridays fine for the practice, could we have the race on Sunday or sometime that week, so as I can have the manual transmission ready to stage my early attack on fishfash's lead!! :sly:

If you want it earlier that would be fine, friday night maybe??

Yeah, we could keep it rolling and have the Grand Prix on friday, we'll see. I'll leave it as a practice race, but if people want to count it as the actual thing, then we can easily add it to the results.

Now we're looking for 2 more drivers for the championship, after mindwise's retirement! A very attractive position at Aguri is still available, or a waiting-to-be-developed seat at Williams is a nice challenge.

Man you guys are almost making me pick up a PAL copy. Lag going across the pond would probably make it pointless though. Still looks like fun.

Man you guys are almost making me pick up a PAL copy. Lag going across the pond would probably make it pointless though. Still looks like fun.

Actually, j-pap has been overall pretty fine with his connection from australia, so I dont reckon lag would that be bad.
Besides, we currently race without collisions (because of lag), so it wouldnt be much of a problem anyway, except for perhaps erratic behaviour being distracting.

Ofcourse he did! But I kept him honest:sly:, 1.5seconds behind at the end and in the lead with only 2 laps to go, I think its safe to say fishfash, you dont get along well with that pit entry! You wont get away with those mistakes in Oz, because I'll be alot closer then.

I'm guessing you are talking about the big jump the car takes depending how you enter the pits? I use to always have that problem but worked out what I was doing wrong during the race.

I was shocking in that race. Lost a wheel twice, spun out about 5 times ontop of that and a few trips on the grass.

Also I can say that there was 0 lag today. Times I came across other drivers (real drivers not AI) there was no erratic behaviour. Then again I have a 12mbs/1mbs connection which helps.

I'm guessing you are talking about the big jump the car takes depending how you enter the pits?

On my second stop I span before even reaching that bump. :scared: On my first stop after the long straight instead of taking left at the final turn I carried straight on !!! LOL.

Oh and I can make the practice / race for Friday. đź‘Ť Hope rain isn't turned on again though for a long time. :yuck:

Oh and I can make the practice / race for Friday. đź‘Ť Hope rain isn't turned on again though for a long time. :yuck:

Oh, in that case, I'll make it rain every time :P
No, I'll only be making it rain on certain tracks that I feel suit it. You can bet on a heavy raining Monaco Grand Prix, Ill tell you that now. Probably Silverstone too.
Its nice to mix it up at the last second, because no-one seems to practice in the rain much. (Although, having said that now, you'll all start practicing every track in the rain as well, just in case, lol).

I'm guessing you are talking about the big jump the car takes depending how you enter the pits? I use to always have that problem but worked out what I was doing wrong during the race.

I was shocking in that race. Lost a wheel twice, spun out about 5 times ontop of that and a few trips on the grass.

Also I can say that there was 0 lag today. Times I came across other drivers (real drivers not AI) there was no erratic behaviour. Then again I have a 12mbs/1mbs connection which helps.

You were really good for the first 2 laps, I thought my battle was going to be with you not fishfash, but then you started to drop back a lot after a spin at the top of that up hill hairpin.
As for the pits, I just stand on the brakes and peer over the top of the bump until I find the blind entry, then nail the trottle, then try to keep it out of the grass on the right, not the fastest way as I lose a lot of time trying to find the entry! But better than spining or out braking myself.

Back