GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
Yeah my car stopped all of an sudden and i was the guy that punted u from the back. Really sorry man:(. Can i make an request that we turn off penaltys, there horrible to work. One penalty was like 18 sec:grumpy:. Atleast this race was better than in US GP. Can wait for the next one:tup:

No problem, dosent matter, these things happen. I asked about penalties before, but the general wish was to keep them on :indiff:. I've never intentionally cut a corner, a lot of the penalties are usually because the back of the car steps out under braking and causes the front to oversteer over the apex. Even the last corner of this gp I didnt cut it, yes I took way too much kerb then normal, but if I had to of cut it I would tell Ardius to give you 2nd place.

Strange the way your car stopped, was your fuel ok, car wasnt damaged or no penalties??

Edit: @Ardius, lol team tactics, I would think that too in your position. But we sure left it fine if it was arranged!

Last edited:
And sorry i hit you Genius , but i lost control completly there.

Tried to hold the car on the left side as i saw you coming right behind me

Stupid curb just before finish line ,when you come a bit to far on the left youre done :indiff:

Hope ill do better next time

cu there

I gave up couse i run out of gas .

After i lost my frontwing i had to stop in lap 5 and had to go 2nd time for fuel in lap 14 orso

But the just run trough pitlane and left without fuel :)

Tried again next lap but same happend so it was empty and had to stop there .

Is it only possible to stop ones then ?

And im using G25 wheel , but whit pitstop ,how do i use L1 R1 etc for pitstopcommands?
i only can use the triangle and square and the 2 others but not the lcommands for tires.

Was a good lesson for me btw , my 1st online race with this game and liked it alot .

Up to next race in germany then

I dont know about the G25 buttons, but you need to make sure your pit crew is ready for you when you go into the pits, the flashing icon at the bottom of the screen should be green if the pit crew are ready. If its orange, it means they advise you to pit, and white means you dont need to pit.

To get your pit crew ready, you need to press the select button while driving, I dont know what you do with a G25 though.

Lastly, you only need to pit the lap your fuel gauge reads 1. You can choose to pit whenever you want, but the latest you can usually leave it is 1. Ignore your team radio, they always lie, basically, lol.

If you dont get your pit crew ready, then you'll keep driving through and not have a pit, lol.

Damn , thats it .

The pitlight was flashing orange yes.
I thought it was ready for pitstop cause i heard them saying rdy to come in :)

So i had to press select then

Wont forget it next race :dopey:

Yeah, ignore the voice, they lie, its very unreliable and they always tell you to come in too early, you can easily run at least 2 or 3 more laps than what they say.

Oh, and Ill update the tables tomorrow, imageshack is not working for me right now. I can tell you all that I've risen to 3rd again in the drivers, and Jordan have overtaken Lotus for 2nd in the championship. Alltidxx and Appie are very close to each other now, depending on what happens next race, Appie looks set to take 6th in the drivers championship by the end of the week, if not by wednesday night.

Last edited:
And im using G25 wheel , but whit pitstop ,how do i use L1 R1 etc for pitstopcommands?
i only can use the triangle and square and the 2 others but not the lcommands for tires.

Hi :)

I got this from here:-

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=410&thread.id=6587

L1 is the left wheel button.

L2 is the left shifter paddle.

R1 is the right wheel button.

R2 is the right shifter paddle.

I would love to get a G25, but I am stuck with a Driving Force GT :yuck: It feels like I am driving a bus though with these 11" wheels :D

Yeah, ignore the voice, they lie, its very unreliable and they always tell you to come in too early, you can easily run at least 2 or 3 more laps than what they say.

Oh, and Ill update the tables tomorrow, imageshack is not working for me right now. I can tell you all that I've risen to 3rd again in the drivers, and Jordan have overtaken Lotus for 2nd in the championship. Alltidxx and Appie are very close to each other now, depending on what happens next race, Appie looks set to take 6th in the drivers championship by the end of the week, if not by wednesday night.

Hope i can do better than 6th then:lol:

If you come 4th at least in both of the races and Gnobody and Alltidxx dont turn up, you'll have 5th in the championship ;)

Just a heads up to everyone, I created a game earlier for online practice called "GTP" in which some of you joined, but I have now quit that one and created the proper race with the game name I sent in the PM.
Just in case anyone gets confused because that race is still going and it has a similar title and track. :)

Last edited:
:indiff: Damn it, I think I over-practiced for this one. I really like this track and I practiced a fair bit before the race (as several probably noticed). But when it came down to it, I made a ton of mistakes. I could have held 2nd, I should have held 3rd, but I kept making idiot mistakes. Not happy with that race at all or the result.
I did have a good battle with Appie though and it was a laugh at the start seeing my rivals take each other out :lol:

Hopefully, I do better at Hungary, though I don't like that track as much.

Pole Position: Gyles69
Fastest Lap: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GT4 Genius/Jordan 8pts
3. Appie17/Jordan 6pts
4. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 5pts
5. Lion-NL/Williams 4pts

1. Jordan 14pts
2. Aguri 11pts
3. Jaguar 5pts
4. Williams 4pts
5. Lotus 0pts

I think the longer we wait in the lobby the more chance it has freezing. :crazy:

Yeah, I agree, though it does seem random. My copy didn't freeze that time. Annoying bug anyway.

Good race for me, kept fishfash within 15 seconds for 17 whole laps, then must have fell asleep for the last 3 and had 3 spins, my only real mistakes of the race. Ended something like 43 seconds behind.

Didnt had the time to practice on this track , but i knew this track from other games.

Had to stop again for 2 times. Got hit from behind and damaged my wing. 2nd stop was for fuel .

Is it possible to take more fuel so that you can finish the race ?

I only got fuel for 8 or 9 laps and had to stop 4 laps before end .

But apart from that i enjoyed the race and in the end i set my PB on 1.16.504 :)
Not the fastest laptime but trying to do my best and hopefully for a good result in next races.

Wont be there Friday , but sure will be there next week .

Thx for the race , was fun !!

I was under pressure from GT4 genius for the first half of the race and kept making mistakes, had around 4 pens and 1 spin :ill: Just could not hook any of the laps except for a couple of 1:13's here and there.

Well done GT4 genius 👍

Didnt had the time to practice on this track , but i knew this track from other games.

Had to stop again for 2 times. Got hit from behind and damaged my wing. 2nd stop was for fuel .

Is it possible to take more fuel so that you can finish the race ?

I only got fuel for 8 or 9 laps and had to stop 4 laps before end .

But apart from that i enjoyed the race and in the end i set my PB on 1.16.504 :)
Not the fastest laptime but trying to do my best and hopefully for a good result in next races.

Wont be there Friday , but sure will be there next week .

Thx for the race , was fun !!

No, you can't really decide how much fuel you get. The only way you can affect the fuel is by coming in the pits earlier or later.
Genius, you might want to change your sig now, Jordan have just secured 2nd in the championship, Jaguar have just jumped Lotus too, though only by 1 point. Hopefully I can extend it further before Crooky gets back. :nervous:
Appie is now 6th in the championship, just like I predicted. :)

Edit: Points tables updated.

Last edited:
Think this might be the wrong thread for that, but anyway...maybe I should out law manual gears. :sly:

LOL guys, I can't drive with auto, absolutey no fun at all. Manual all the way, even if it means you are slower with manual it doesn't matter, it's all about the fun. 👍

This was an good race again. I had a lot of fun and had an good clean battle with Ardius. I tihnk we shuold post our personal best from now on and see how big the gaps are. What do u think Ardius and GT4?

Might be a good idea, though I'll have to remember to check it the last lap!
We'll try it for the next race and see how well it goes. It doesn't have to be a serious thing, just gives a nice idea of how close we are in times, so not everyone has to do it.
Maybe try and post qualifying times as well. Everyone would have to remember or write down their own though, I can't memorise them that quick.

Its annoying the game doesn't record these things so I can just look them up on the results screen. I hope PD implements a better full records system for GT5 online.

I get the impression with these races that if you just drive solidly and avoid any incidents, spins or penalties, then you could quite easily come through and win it. Why don't you all try to drive more cautiously and wait for others to trip up?

As Terry Wogan once said on Topgear, "slow and steady wins the race"!

Heh, well thats not true with fishfash, hes so fast that any mistakes he makes will never really put him out of it.

But for 2nd place, that is true, however, I do drive slowly (compared to everyone else) and carefully but I just can never get my consistencey in and over 20 laps your concentration goes in and out at times which leads to some little mistakes.
Its not like I'm pushing the car to the limit every lap, its just that I make more mistakes than everyone else.

If I drove any slower, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the others mistakes at all. You've got to drive with some speed otherwise you'll never get any further than the position you start in.

Well it seems that the Ferrari didnt suit me very well. Was all over the place and ruined the race of Ardius:(. Couldnt avoid hiting after i spun. After the crash my wing was damaged and was struggling to keep it on track.

Quali time: 1.18.837
Personal best race: 1.16.679

I keep wondering about team tactics...., lol. First corner, I got through fine, kept my lines and avoided collisions, second corner, I see appie holding behind me, turn for the corner...get lightly brushed in the side by appie. Follow appie until the chicane, where he has spun and crashed, but with his car across the track. Unvaoidable crash from me, plus a penalty. Appie goes on without a penalty and I never really catch him again. Later, during the second round of pitstops, Appie once again spins in front of me but this time I just miss him but get a punctured tyre and then lose control. Appie drives ahead into the distance.

That pretty much sums up my race. I dont know how Appie drove so insanely fast, lol, but it was kind of annoying that everytime I caught him I was the one left behind with the penalties. No hard feelings.....but I'm staying far away from Appie next time ;) :lol:

Anyway, results:
Pole Position: Gyles69
Fastest Lap: Gyles69

Qualifying times
1. Gyles69 1.14'909
2. GTP_Crooky 1.15'982
3. GT4 Genius 1.16'921
4. Appie17 1.18.837
5. GTP_Ardius 1.19'483

Classification
Pos. | Name/Team | Points | Fastest Lap
1. | Gyles69/Aguri | 11pts | 1:14.267
2. | GTP_Crooky/Lotus | 8pts |
3. | GT4 Genius/Jordan | 6pts |
4. | Appie17/Jordan | 5pts | 1.16.679
5. | GTP_Ardius/Jaguar | 4pts | 1.17'712

1. Aguri 11pts
2. Jordan 11pts
3. Lotus 8pts
4. Jaguar 4pts
5. Williams 0pts

Well it seems that the Ferrari didnt suit me very well. Was all over the place and ruined the race of Ardius:(. Couldnt avoid hiting after i spun. After the crash my wing was damaged and was struggling to keep it on track.

Well, it was all accidental I know, but man was it annoying. I had a flawless race for once except for these incidents. Don't worry, I'm not angry at you, I'm angry at the bad luck.

Last edited:
Back