GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
Well, 2 races left and it can go anywhere. For the record, i want to stay at Jordan for next season. Ist hat possible?

Depends if there is a next season. I'm not inclined to start a new one anytime soon as I go back to university in a few weeks time and once GT5P gets private rooms, I expect I'll be focusing on that and the GTP competitions around here for it.
If someone else wants to start a new one and wants to use the results from this season, feel free. I'll even help set it up if needs be.

Also, I might not make it in time to host tonight, so Im leaving it to gt4 genius to host...Ill try and late join later hopefully.

Edit: Hmm, Genius is not online yet..hang in there people, if I get chance to host in the next half hour, I will. If by xx.15 I know I can't, Ill let you know and we'll race tomorrow instead. Unless people are willing to wait longer than half an hour? (i know some of you can't race that late though, so up to you really).

Last edited:
Edit: Nevermind :(

If Genius turns up and you still want to race, go ahead, but otherwise it looks like I'll have to re-organise this tomorrow (I hope). Sorry everyone!

Last edited:
Sorry everyone, just getting online now. I was away and then when I came back someone else was using MY :ouch: computer so I couldnt post or use the PS3 browser. So sorry, glad I didnt miss it though. :dopey:

Fishfash are you coming back for the last two races?

Cant we do an other system like invitation only games instead of giving everyone an password. Just an thought:)

Cant we do an other system like invitation only games instead of giving everyone an password. Just an thought:)

Well, we could, but I can't invite people people in the middle of a race, so if anyone wanted to late join, they couldn't. Plus I don't have everyone on my friends list and I think its easier for people to look up the password in their pm here and then join.

Oh, and as always, I am not sure of being able to host on time again. So....Genius could you host?

Edit: Yup, I cant host, Genius?????? I'll late join when I can and drop as far back as is fair.

Last edited:
Well, late joined at about lap 6 and just decided to practice lol. Sorry I couldn't make it in time to host...I really wanted to properly race that track too. Ah well.

Pole Position: Appie17
Fastest Lap: Appie17

1. GT4 Genius/Jordan 10pts
2. Appie17/Jordan 9pts
3. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 6pts

1. Jordan 19pts
2. Jaguar 6pts
3. Aguri 0pts
4. Lotus 0pts
5. Williams 0pts

So, Jordan have taken the lead in the championship! With one race left, its pretty much theirs unless fishfash returns along with alltidxx. Jaguar extend their lead, and I also extend my lead over Crooky.

Last edited:
Appie got pole for qualy, I had another bad qualy. And I attempted a stupid pass at the first corner. I thought Appie would brake and that I'd go through full throttle and manage to slip past, it almost worked. Appie did slow down but not enough and I took both of us out! Had there of been others on the track I wouldnt have tried something like that, I was just afraid it was going to turn into another China. It was good then, me trying to catch Appie for a few laps, and I set a low 33. But then behind a plume of dust I seen the McLaren in the sand trap at turn 1. From there I was on my own, but towards the end I seen Appie set a lap of 1.32.7, I tried as hard as I could to beat it but I didnt manage too.
Sorry Ardius, I put the AI on easy and I forgot that you would be way behind when you joined then because of that.

No problem, I wasn't too far behind, though it took me some time to adjust and get up to pace which left me quite a bit behind.
I'm sure that result is representative of what would have happened if I had started from lap 1 ;)

Huh what happened last night? I was unaware of a race because there wasn't any pms sent.

Sorry, because of the mess up on Tuesday night, partly my fault :ouch:, we had the race last night with the same password as had been sent Tuesday night. Can you make it to the grand finale tonight?

Sorry Crooky, I thought you would have read here about it. Really sorry, honest! :nervous:

I can't make it tonight guys, so could Genius host and send the pms? I'm disappointed I can't make it to the last race, but its beyond my control.

Hey Guys,

You still racing with penalties off ? Oh and the fastest lap at Brazil will be set on an outlap. Normally the Outlap is around 4-5 seconds faster than a normal lap. :crazy:

As far as I know we are racing still with penalties off. But I'm not hosting tonights race, so its up to Genius.

Hey Guys,

You still racing with penalties off ? Oh and the fastest lap at Brazil will be set on an outlap. Normally the Outlap is around 4-5 seconds faster than a normal lap. :crazy:

I dont think Brazil is bad on penalties so if you will race we can have them on.

Edit: PMs sent, please be on time so as my internet doesnt drop the connection to the lobby. Because that kept happening last night.

Last edited:
Good race tonight, very poor attendance, just me and Appie. :indiff: The first 4 laps were brilliant, me and Appie swapping places every few corners, a really good moment was me on the inside flat out 150 odd mph and Appie leaving me no more then the width of the Reno to the wall and no crash! :dopey: Although then Appie spun or something and I went far ahead, so I waited. We had a few more laps with just a few seconds between us, then disaster struck! I went on for another lap when Appie pitted, I had a small spin and then it told me I had no fuel left. WTF I had plently of fuel. Anyway I went on, not too bothered by that. Then I head into the pits, looking for my pit crew, no were to be seen!! :scared: I swear I pressed select whilst passing the line on my previous lap. At this stage I knew I had no hope, I actually came back out beside Appie, still with no fuel. I pit successfully on the next lap but nearly 3/4 of a lap down. After that no real dramas, apart from a deliberate 4th stop to try and beat Appies best of 1.09.1, but I didnt. Good win Appie, you deserved it. 👍

Jordan take the championship!!!!! :cheers:

Yes I know, blatent ignorance of the double post rule!

Well, i only won because u had problems. I owuld have never won it on my own:lol:. But the race was reallt good and i really enjoyed untill u had your problems then it was all bad:(. Atleast we take the teams so thats an good thing:cheers:.

Well done guys on the Constructors Championship 👍

It's been an exciting season and thanks to Genius & Ardius for organising this event.

Thanks. ;)

Pole Position: Appie17
Fastest Lap: Appie17

1. Appie17/Jordan 11pts
2. GT4 Genius/Jordan 8pts

1. Jordan 19pts
2. Aguri 0pts
3. Jaguar 0pts
4. Lotus 0pts
5. Williams 0pts

Well done guys on the Constructors Championship 👍

It's been an exciting season and thanks to Genius & Ardius for organising this event.

Thanks. ;)

Indeed and no problem! Thanks to all those who participated! Had some great races along the way and I've come to enjoy a couple of circuits I didn't like before.
The championship has now finished! Fishfash is officially world champion and Jordan are the winning team! The final standings are as follows:

Drivers:
1st Gyles69 (fishfash) - 143 points
2nd GT4 Genius - 128 points
3rd GTP_Ardius - 90 points
4th GTP_Crooky - 71 points
5th Appie17 - 66 points
6th GTP_Gnobody - 20 points
7th J-pap - 14 points
8th TeamBubblegum (Alltidxx) - 12 points
9th Lion-NL (Chris67) - 11 points
10th Pepsicoke (Pepsi0) - 7 points
11th GTP_mindwise - 3 points

Teams:
1st Jordan - 198 points
2nd Aguri - 162 points
3rd Jaguar - 104 points
4th Lotus - 91 points
5th Williams - 21 points

Pole Positions:
Gyles69 (fishfash) - 13
Appie17 - 3
GT4 Genius - 2

Fastest Laps:
Gyles69 (fishfash) - 13
Appie17 - 3
GT4 Genius - 2

Podiums:
GT4 Genius - 16
Gyles69 (fishfash) - 13
GTP_Ardius - 8
GTP_Crooky - 8
Appie17 - 6
J-pap - 2

1st Positions:
Gyles69 (fishfash) - 13
GT4 Genius - 3
Appie17 - 2

2nd Positions:
GT4 Genius - 9
GTP_Crooky - 6
Appie17 - 2
J-pap - 1

3rd Positions:

GTP_Ardius - 8
GT4 Genius - 4
GTP_Crooky - 2
Appie17 - 2
J-pap - 1

4th Positions:
GTP_Ardius - 6
Appie17 - 3
GTP_Crooky - 2
GT4 Genius - 1
TeamBubblegum (Alltidxx) - 1

5th Positions:
GTP_Gnobody - 5
GTP_Ardius - 3
Lion-NL (Chris67) - 2
Pepsicoke (Pepsi0) - 1

6th Positions:
Lion-NL (Chris67) - 1
Pepsicoke (Pepsi0) - 1
GTP_mindwise - 1

Retirements:
Pepsicoke (Pepsi0) - 1

A truly great competition. :cheers: I'm kind of sad its over. Some fantastic moments like leading the Malaysian and Australian GP ahead of Fishfash for some of the race :dopey:, and the wall of death moment with Appie at the last race :scared:! And some bad moments, like that whole early season adventure with manual :indiff:, and all those times I drove into the pits to find my pit crew asleep in the garage :rolleyes:.

And all round brilliant experience, and I hope we can all do this again sometime, probably when Codemaster release their 2009 version, how will Fishfash cope with no Aguri!

And a huge thank you to Ardius for organising everything. 👍

Now, wheres the after season party!!!:dopey::cheers:

I'm just sad that we never ever had more than 6 drivers in any race, but I suppose thats the best I could have hoped for seeing how many people view this sub forum.
I think my favourite moments from this were:
Completing a 2-3 Jaguar finish at Bahrain with J-pap.
Battling GT4 Genius for the whole of the European Grand Prix...and succedding (just).
Holding a 2nd place until the last laps at the US Grand Prix though unfortunately losing it.
Holding a 2nd place for the first half of the Turkish Grand Prix while holding off the charges of Appie, Genius and Crooky.

There were many more little moments I had too, especially in some practice races. 👍

Hi Ardius,
Please add me to a team if any openings are available to race in this series. Team does not matter.
F1CE Screen Name: chiboss1

Hi Ardius,
Please add me to a team if any openings are available to race in this series. Team does not matter.
F1CE Screen Name: chiboss1

Post in the other "2nd GTP world championship" thread and then Ardius will notice you. 👍

Back