888 Tuning. .closed for good.

• Thread starter 888 Tuning
  • 400 comments
I don't want to tread on any toes here, but I hope its ok if I help out imallin on this one.:)
OnlineGT

What cars have you won S-10 725pp in? I have cleared all other S races at the higher PP's but S-10. I love the Clio but I am not sure it can win the S-10 at 725 pp. It handles great. I understand the Ford GT LM is the fastest but I have a lot of trouble with handling. It wants to spin in the turns.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Roy

What cars have you won S-10 725pp in? I have cleared all other S races at the higher PP's but S-10. I love the Clio but I am not sure it can win the S-10 at 725 pp. It handles great. I understand the Ford GT LM is the fastest but I have a lot of trouble with handling. It wants to spin in the turns.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Roy

Hi Roy,

I won in the Clio by 6 seconds on S-10. However the key to winning here is checking what other cars are on the grid when you start. I think its safe to say if there is an S2000 or a GTLM you are better off quitting the event and start it again.

By "on the grid", do you mean in the race? The S2000 and the GTLM is almost always in the race. Are you saying the Clio cannot win 3rd place if the above cars are in the race?

Roy

By "on the grid", do you mean in the race? The S2000 and the GTLM is almost always in the race. Are you saying the Clio cannot win 3rd place if the above cars are in the race?

Roy

It seems to be the general consenus, however you are more than welcome to try the Clio, I will post the tune to you when I get home.
I was able to lap consistant 2:00.xx in this car which you definately need to be able to do to win this race. a 2:02.xx or worse wont cut it.

Regs.

Are you saying the Clio cannot win 3rd place if the above cars are in the race?
It's not impossible, but if you have two of these fast cars in front, the 'rabbit-effect' (a.k.a. one car slipstreaming off the other) will make winning very, very hard.

In the race-menu, where you can select to start or tune your ride, select 'quit' (cross-sign), then go back, this will reassign the grid. If you stay in, the grid will remain the same.

I think it's going through a very strict development process.. it takes some time to make it perfect.. I'm sure. :D

Here it is !!
I was waiting on some Fasterthanyours bits from the Ford shop : )

Ford GT LM Spec II Test
HSR PP800
Power -4
Weight 86
Tires R2/R2
Aero 11 / 35
Ride Height -15 / -13
Spring 6 / 6
Damper 5 / 5
Toe -0.18 / -0.06
Camber 1.9 / 1.3
Brakes 7 / 8
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 47
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.250
2nd 1.518
3rd 1.196
4th 0.992
5th 0.838
6th 0.686
Final Gear: 3.721

I was waiting on some Fasterthanyours bits from the Ford shop : )
Sorry, I ordered the last ones. :sly:

Anyway, it's nice to see your tune :) I already gave the other tunes a go, and I can say they're all completely different. Can't wait to give yours a go. 👍 This showdown is going to be fun, I think the cars are really close in terms of performance.

Alright, we have a tune out.:D Just so you know, we are probably getting a 5th garage entering, I have given them a week to get things sorted, and if they don't by then they can enter the following Showdown.:)

As for the go-fast bits, unfortunately Ford's weren't good enough, so I got some bits from GM Performance, and she's really cranking now.:sly:

I have never seen a S-10 race without the FordLM or the Amuse on the grid.

What has your race results been racing the Clio with a Ford LM or Amuse on the grid?

What would your settings be on the Ford LM keeping the HP at 725 in order to race in S-10?

Roy

I have never seen a S-10 race without the FordLM or the Amuse on the grid.

What has your race results been racing the Clio with a Ford LM or Amuse on the grid?

What would your settings be on the Ford LM keeping the HP at 725 in order to race in S-10?

Roy

Hi Roy,

Lets try it this way:
Are you racing in Pro or STD mode ?

What times are you currently lapping for this race ?

What car are you using ?

Please either post here or PM me the settings for your car.

Regs,

Released for the Touge Tuners Challenge at Eiger, this is some old-school performance that eats the Eiger track.

2374687487_916dd791b5.jpg

Tuners Notes:
This car has been tuned for Manual gearbox, and through the tight hairpins you should be in first gear and exploit the grip of the AWD.
It has a generous redline.. make sure you use all of it ;)

Lancia Delta HF Integrale
Eiger PP500 Touge
Power 17
Weight 85
Tires S3 / S3
Aero Na
Ride Height -32 / -31
Spring 6 / 6
Damper 4 / 4
Toe -0.14 / -0.10
Camber 1.9 / 1.5
Brakes 6 / 6
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 43
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.970
2nd 2.195
3rd 1.614
4th 1.286
5th 1.010
Final Gear: 3.128

Last edited:
I am racing S-10 in Standard mode.

I have been using the Clio and the GTR '07.

Lap times of 2'02-04 sec.

The best I have done is 5th.

What part does the Active Steering, Off, Mild, Strong play?

I have cleared all of the S races, S-6 - S-9 since the 8/01 up-date.

I just can't seem to clear S-10. I sincerely believe GT5P has made it a lot harder since the new GT5 is not due out until 2010 as I understand it.

Roy

Can you think of a reason to turn Active Steering to Off?

...And here is the entry for the PP600 version of the Eiger Touge Tuners challenge.
Subaru WRX STi 2008

Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-Concept-4-lg.jpg

2008 Subaru WRX Sti
Eiger PP600
Power 50
Weight 85
Tires S3 / S3
Aero 5 / 10
Ride Height -43 / -42
Spring 7 / 7
Damper 5 / 5
Toe -0.15 / -0.06
Camber 1.9 / 1.4
Brakes 7 / 7
Torque Split 35 / 65
Steering Angle 40
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 3.131
2nd 2.375
3rd 1.758
4th 1.374
5th 1.175
6th 0.842
Final Gear: 3.900

Last edited:
I am racing S-10 in Standard mode.

I have been using the Clio and the GTR '07.

Ok mate.. Im going to christen this car the "Roy Special" : )

I just ran this race again, twice, in Standard with and without Active Steering (I have never used it but didnt notice much difference)

I won both times which Im sure you'll be happy to hear :)
..and in both races there was GT LM's and Amuse S2000's that I was able to pass on Lap 3 and 4..
So this is it... this tune will win this race every time.. Best lap I had was a 1:59 with a good slip stream.. average lap times was 2:00 and a 2:10 on Lap 1.
A 2:02 lap time will not get you where you need to be.
If you have the blue line on.. get rid of it. Turn off ALL driving aids except for ABS... and most of all for this race YOU MUST BE AGRESSIVE.
Put on some Rage against the machines "Killing in the name of" then go SMASH THIS RACE !!!!!!!!!!!

Tuned Clio
Suzuka PP720 S-10 - The Roy Special
Power +35
Weight 85
Tires R1 / R1
Aero 5 / 15
Ride Height -10 / -10
Spring 5 / 6
Damper 5 / 5
Toe -0.10 / +0.06
Camber 1.6 / 1.2
Brakes 7 / 5
Torque Split na
Steering Angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 2.712
2nd 2.159
3rd 1.606
4th 1.195
5th 0.952
6th 0.781
Final Gear: 3.500

Thanks,

My problem is in getting aggressive while keeping the car on the course, but I have to drive fast and as I improve, maybe I can drive good enough to stay on the course.

It doesn't do any good to stay on the course and be slow.

I'll give it a go.

Again, Thanks,

Roy

What about steering aid, Off, mild, strong.

Roy

As mentioned, I have always raced with it off. I set it to Mild today and still won comforably...so if your are going to heed my advice, I would say "Off"

I think the best thing for you at this stage is time in the car. I dont consider myself a particularly quick driver and the lap times the good guys here do utterly put me to shame.
I dont have a wheel, I use the sixaxis so really have no advantage in anyway over what you should be able to achieve.

This leaves it as only 1 of 2 things:
a) Your choice of car or the way its tuned
b) Your driving style

I can fix point a) as per the "Roy Special", the rest from here is up to you.
... be agressive, but be smooth.

I would upload a replay file if you think it would help, but I am guessing you are on NTSC and I dont believe this would work.

Review of 888's Lancia Touge 500 Car

I wanted to see what I was up against, plus driving Eiger with a wheel is really fun.:dopey: OK, where do I begin? I'll start with the negative so we can finish positive. I felt turn-in was at times lacking just a tiny bit, probably not much, but it meant I was braking a little earlier and using less brake pressure to compensate. This was more noticeable on the high speed entry conrers, through the twisties from low speeds it made near as no difference. I had to work a bit harder with the wheel too in your Lancia (I think, can't really remember LOL), whether this is because of the AWD (FWD generally has a tighter turning circle at low speeds with more power applied), or because of the max turn angle I don't know (why would I test how to improve? We're in competiton after all :P). Those are rather niggly little picks on my behalf though, the true fault was in the gearbox. I tested a 4spd and it was slower than using a 3spd (oddly), so you've made the right decision there. Also, changing into 2nd can be a little awkward out of turn 2, but not bad and you get used to that anyway (I'm using paddle shifts by the way). So the real problem was that I was topping out on the main straight, just before braking for turn 1. It's only about 3/4 of a second before I reach the braking zone, but it's annoying as hell and probably costs you a couple km/hr. I advise to make 3rd that tiny bit longer to avoid that (about 5km/hr extra in 3rd will do it probably).
The handling was pretty good, as promised AWD took care of traction, and as it was a 3spd I used 1st gear heavily through the twisties, pretty much the entire 1st sector just about is done in 1st gear. There's no obvious intrusion of understeer like the standard setup, so getting on the go pedal was able to be done swiftly. Over all the drive was smooth and easy, good work.

Rating? Nah, unless I'm asked to or I'm a judge I don't give ratings.:P

Edit: I guess I could include my times in your car though.

Lap- 1'17.4
Sector 1- 32.4 (or 32.2 I can't remember)

Last edited:
888 I here you are the man with setups from Marmar over at playstation forums.

Was wondering if you have a setup for the Zo6 /tuned on the 800pp HSR race.

888 tuning,

I finally cleared S-10 with the dreaded Ford GT LM. I had a friend over who is stuck on the A races. I made several QT changes and told him the Ford was very unstable. He drove it, didn't do very well but the Ford seem very stable. Later that evening I thought I would give the Ford a try with these new settings on S-10. First race I quit on second lap due to a penalty. Next race I took 3rd. Absolutely amazing.

Roy

888 tuning,

I finally cleared S-10 with the dreaded Ford GT LM. I had a friend over who is stuck on the A races. I made several QT changes and told him the Ford was very unstable. He drove it, didn't do very well but the Ford seem very stable. Later that evening I thought I would give the Ford a try with these new settings on S-10. First race I quit on second lap due to a penalty. Next race I took 3rd. Absolutely amazing.

Roy

Finally !! Well done : )

888 I here you are the man with setups from Marmar over at playstation forums.

Was wondering if you have a setup for the Zo6 /tuned on the 800pp HSR race.

I dont, but I will put one together for you.

Review of 888's Lancia Touge 500 Car

I wanted to see what I was up against, plus driving Eiger with a wheel is really fun.:dopey: OK, where do I begin? I'll start with the negative so we can finish positive. I felt turn-in was at times lacking just a tiny bit, probably not much, but it meant I was braking a little earlier and using less brake pressure to compensate. This was more noticeable on the high speed entry conrers, through the twisties from low speeds it made near as no difference. I had to work a bit harder with the wheel too in your Lancia (I think, can't really remember LOL), whether this is because of the AWD (FWD generally has a tighter turning circle at low speeds with more power applied), or because of the max turn angle I don't know (why would I test how to improve? We're in competiton after all :P). Those are rather niggly little picks on my behalf though, the true fault was in the gearbox. I tested a 4spd and it was slower than using a 3spd (oddly), so you've made the right decision there. Also, changing into 2nd can be a little awkward out of turn 2, but not bad and you get used to that anyway (I'm using paddle shifts by the way). So the real problem was that I was topping out on the main straight, just before braking for turn 1. It's only about 3/4 of a second before I reach the braking zone, but it's annoying as hell and probably costs you a couple km/hr. I advise to make 3rd that tiny bit longer to avoid that (about 5km/hr extra in 3rd will do it probably).
The handling was pretty good, as promised AWD took care of traction, and as it was a 3spd I used 1st gear heavily through the twisties, pretty much the entire 1st sector just about is done in 1st gear. There's no obvious intrusion of understeer like the standard setup, so getting on the go pedal was able to be done swiftly. Over all the drive was smooth and easy, good work.

Rating? Nah, unless I'm asked to or I'm a judge I don't give ratings.:P

Edit: I guess I could include my times in your car though.

Lap- 1'17.4
Sector 1- 32.4 (or 32.2 I can't remember)

Thanks Mate... fair review.. but (i know I shouldnt tell you this) grab 4th just as you launch off that hump after the Start line ;)
You should also have been grabbing 4th at the end of the back straight otherwise it tops out in 3rd :)

Front twisties are def all 1st gear and the car seems to hook up nicely like this ;)
There is still a little AWD understeer exiting the bottom loop which requires really getting a later apex to be able to hold the gas on for the climb up the hill.

Sector times seem to be on par with my efforts and Laptime also very close, but if your topping out you will be losing a bit.

Hey guys,

I have something coming up that is demanding all my spare time for the next 30 days, so Im closing shop so I can focus on this. You'll still find me online, posting and racing but I wont have the time to be performing tunes.

Regs

Back