GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
I thought to take some pictures 👍

Race was a good one for me with one accident and subsequent penalty. With 8 laps to go I was about to put in a mid 1:13 lap and hit the kerb on the last turn. The car then went backwards into the pit wall and I was stuck spawning for ages, I then got a penalty for crashing, lovely. :dopey:

Fastest Lap:- 1:14.267

img00522pj3.jpg

img00524xc4.jpg

^Wow, quick thinking, fishfash, thanks for those! I don't know how I forgot about taking photos, lol. I have a camera of my own. :dunce:
Thanks, really appreciate those. 👍

Quick question, do you have any back log of what fishfash's pole, or fastest lap was at Magny Cours?

No, I have no idea unfortunately. I didn't get to that race on time and joined late so I didn't remember what laptime he did.
The game doesn't keep record of previous races unfortunately, it doesn't even display laptimes at the race results screen online.

Last edited:
I've just updated the tables. I've held onto my 3rd place in the championship, though Crooky has closed the gap considerably. He's also retaken 3rd in the teams championship for Lotus, though only a few points ahead. I don't think anyone has any doubts whats going to happen here.
Jordan have just broken the 100point barrier and are a mere 48 points behind Aguri. I think the championship has been effectively been decided now.
Lastly, Appie has just overtaken Gnobody and has taken 5th! :) 👍

Not to worry, I'm just looking for what will be the inevitable bench mark for this week's hot lap ;)

Are you interested in joining the championship? J-pap hasn't been around for several weeks now and I need a driver to help keep my team competitive :)

Bad race for me.:indiff: Qualifying was really bad, a whole second behind crooky.:scared: Then at the start I dive down the inside because I was close enough and there was plenty of space, I make the apex and dont run wide but someone taps the back of my car and I fishtail wide and then have another tank slapper coming back onto the track, which all added up to me being almost sure I had jumped to 2nd and then realising that I was actually last! Then seen the crash with Appie and Ardius managed to avoid it by keeping a tire on the grass and was back up to 4th then and closing in on crooky. I caught right up by the end of the first stint and Ralf had all but dissappeared behind us. But the second stint was a disaster, people kept walking into the room and I made loads of mistakes. Really annoyed with myself over them as I could have passed crooky, but anyway.

Dont think there is much of chance of Jordan catching Team Aguri before the end. We would need consistent 1-2s to even match the points if fishfash finished 3rd. So no real chance at all.

Last edited:
I've just updated the tables. I've held onto my 3rd place in the championship, though Crooky has closed the gap considerably. He's also retaken 3rd in the teams championship for Lotus, though only a few points ahead. I don't think anyone has any doubts whats going to happen here.
Jordan have just broken the 100point barrier and are a mere 48 points behind Aguri. I think the championship has been effectively been decided now.
Lastly, Appie has just overtaken Gnobody and has taken 5th! :) 👍

Are you interested in joining the championship? J-pap hasn't been around for several weeks now and I need a driver to help keep my team competitive :)

I would love to join something like this but unfortunately I haven't connected my PS3 to the web yet. It's something I would love to do though. That said, if I had a preference it would be to team up with GT4 Genius as we're both Irish and we would both be driving for Jordan! Seriously, though I'd take any race seat and happily join the action.

Is setting up the internet easy for the PS3? What would I need?

Last edited:
I would love to join something like this but unfortunately I haven't connected my PS3 to the web yet. It's something I would love to do though. That said, if I had a preference it would to be teammate with GT4 Genius as we're both Irish and we would both be driving for Jordan! Seriously, though I'd take any race seat and happily join the action.

Is setting up the internet easy for the PS3? What would I need?

A decent internet connection, a computer or modem to connect to and an ethernet cable.
It tells you how to do it all in the PS3 manual.

A decent internet connection, a computer or modem to connect to and an ethernet cable.
It tells you how to do it all in the PS3 manual.

Presumably if I got an extension lead I could connect my PS3 to the PC (they're in different rooms across the hall), and don't you get an ethernet cable with the PS3?

Do you guys have headsets that you can talk to each other with? I would imagine it being difficult otherwise.

Presumably if I got an extension lead I could connect my PS3 to the PC (they're in different rooms across the hall), and don't you get an ethernet cable with the PS3?

Do you guys have headsets that you can talk to each other with? I would imagine it being difficult otherwise.

Yeah, you can use an extension cable and yes you get an ethernet cable with the PS3.
An easier way to hook it up to the internet is to get a wireless modem, but this depends on what version of PS3 you have, the 40GB models don't have wireless capability.

I do have a headset, but F1:CE doesn't support them, so we have to use text chat to communicate ingame. Its actually faster and easier to use the ingame XMB with the PS3 though. Though it doesn't matter if you have a USB keyboard lying around (which I do not).
Hence why I do most of my communicating on this forum not ingame, its very slow and tedious to type with a sixaxis.

No headset here, and F1CE dosnt support them anyway. Although a lot of other games do, as for your internet. Do you have wireless WiFi modem or a fixed modem. Not sure how connecting it to the PC would work but definitly using a ethernet cable to join the modem and the PS3 should definitly work. Although if you got a free modem off eircom called netopia, I think there has been a few complications with them connecting to PS3's. I have a 1mb connection from IFA Telecom and a D-Link wireless modem and all works fine, (most of the time!)

Edit: Beaten by Ardius! But I do think the 40Gb model has WiFi. I think it was only the 20Gb model in the US that didnt.

Ah yeah, you're right, Genius, 40GB models do have wireless.
In that case, wireless is the way to go. I recommend the Netgear modems, as thats what I use and they work fine with the PS3.

Can I rejoin as a spare driver, so if anybody misses a race again?

Certainly! You can rejoin Williams again if you want or join Jaguar? You don't have to be a support driver, in fact it makes it easier for me to do the tables if you don't, to be honest. I'd much prefer to have more permanent drivers.

Then Jaguar you will join. Welcome back, I hope we don't get into any more arguments again. :)

Updated the race schedule, I think we shall see our last wet race this week, at Monza. I picked this track because I feel its a fairly easy track and making it wet won't harm it too much. Does anyone think that any other track would be better for a wet race? I will change it if so.

Last edited:
Sorry pepsi0, but is it alright if I move you back to Williams, as J-pap has just returned? Sorry to mess you about like this.

Yeah, I was just practicing and this track is hard on tyres! Easy to spin as well and lots of unique corners. Overall, I like this track, every once in a while you get into a rythmn around it and put in a fast lap and its awesome. I love the 4 fast corners before the back straight, when you get those right it feels so good.

Not going to be a good race for me I think though, too easy to make mistakes here. :nervous:

Only hope that i wont make many mistakes as the previous races. Hope we can have an very good race:tup:

No problem about rejoining Williams. Ah, Monza, that's one of my favourites and I'll miss it. And sorry I didn't make it to this race either.

Wow! That was an insane race for me! Qualified last but ended up second at the second corner and then kept second for 5 or something laps till finally Appie hit me on the end of the back straight. I had to defend like crazy up till that point (speaking of which, did I hit you Genius? I know I dived down the inside on one of the last corners, and you ended up way behind after that, but I didnt take any damage and I didn't see if it was me or not?). But, after Appie's hit, I was out of it for the rest of the race, only managing to hold onto 5th, probably my hardest fought 5th so far, lol.
Sorry to Gyles for snapping back into him when I spun. Completely unintentional.

I think this was my best race since Indianapolis or Bahrain. Hope I can keep it up for the next race, I was pretty pleased with my consistencey even though I know I'm way slower than the 3 people trying to attack me every corner, lol.

Pole Position: Gyles69
Fastest Lap: Gyles69

1. Gyles69/Aguri 11pts
2. GT4 Genius/Jordan 8pts
3. GTP_Crooky/Lotus 6pts
4. Appie17/Jordan 5pts
5. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 4pts
6. Lion-NL/Williams 3pts

1. Jordan 13pts
2. Aguri 11pts
3. Lotus 6pts
4. Jaguar 4pts
5. Williams 3pts

I didn't record lap times this time. I don't really feel that its a hugely interesting statistic, seeing as the online car is not really the best base for times offline.

No problem about rejoining Williams. Ah, Monza, that's one of my favourites and I'll miss it. And sorry I didn't make it to this race either.

No problem, this is for fun after all, you don't get penalised for missing a race other than missing out on points! :lol:

Last edited:
Penalties MUST go in my opinion. Not even considering the numerous stupid ones I got during the race I'll just skip to the last lap: Crooky in front of me by no more then 1.5 seconds as we cross the line, I brake for the first corner, terrified I'd run wide and miss my chance at second, so I probably braked fractionally early, so I turn in, take no mre then 1-1.5 metres of kerb and I get a penalty, race over I thought. Even considered sitting at the side of the road in protest, but then 2 corners later I come across Crooky blanked out after getting a big penalty and I drove straight past. I cant imagine how annoyed Crooky was but he must of been raging aswell. Would it not of been better had we not have gotten the penalties, as neither of us gained anything from the 'extra' kerb we took, and then we would probably have gone on to have one of the most sensational last laps of the championship so far.

Edit: Yes Ardius, I was delighted with my clean move and then you knock my rear wing off, no problem though.

PS: Sorry to Chris think you might be a bit annoyed with my first lap move, you went wide at the downhill corner 3 or something and I took the racing line, you then came back over and into me. And also Crooky I think I clipped the back of your car on the first lap too, dont think it was my fault, I hit the brakes to avoid Appie spining, then you turned sharply left on that gentle right hander, and my car was in your way, strange accident!

Last edited:
But the problem is, without penalties, laps that you have taken shortcuts on are still counted, and so its unfair for qualifying and fastest laps.

Not the best race i had :sly:

Had a bad start , was looking at other things
And got hit a few times ,dont know who it was, but no problem ;)
Complete ruined the car a lost alot of time there .

And a couple of spins and lost my wing again when entering pits :indiff:

In the end only thing i wanted was to pull out a good laptime 1.29.2xx (for me it is ):)

Hopefully things get better in the next GP , been on the last spot to often now

cu next time guys , was fun again 👍

But the problem is, without penalties, laps that you have taken shortcuts on are still counted, and so its unfair for qualifying and fastest laps.

No they arent, they go red and dont be counted. I'm nearly sure of that.

No they arent, they go red and dont be counted. I'm nearly sure of that.

Ill have to check. If thats so, then I might take off penalties then. Monza doesn't have any penalty trouble spots though, so we shall see. Don't know about Shanghai.

Edit: Updated tables. Seems I get to hang onto my 3rd place for a while longer from Crooky. No other major changes in the rankings, Lotus moves closer to reaching the 100points milestone. Lion-NL looks set to jump to 7th in the championship by Friday at least. Depending on who turns up these last 4 races, he may end up 6th.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I had a stonker of a race. No mistakes no pens and I was flying. Lapping in the 1:26's throughout the entire race and my fastest lap was a 1:25.745 :crazy:

Slight collision with Ardius which was quite funny as I didn't expect the Honda to come back into me :lol:

Oh if you want to race with pens off then no problem with me, I don't mind sitting out the last 4 races. 👍 I need a break from the 10:00 PM time as this is way past my bedtime. :dopey: I think Team Aguri have secured the Driver's Championship by 1 point. 💡

Also if you have pens off the fastest lap will still be recorded during the race even if that lap had pens. I remember racing in Monza with pens off and the fastest lap of the race ended up being something like 50 seconds :lol: although that time won't be recorded in the actual rankings.

img00525hi1.jpg

img00526yy6.jpg

Slight collision with Ardius which was quite funny as I didn't expect the Honda to come back into me :lol:

Oh if you want to race with pens off then no problem with me, I don't mind sitting out the last 4 races. 👍 I need a break from the 10:00 PM time as this is way past my bedtime. :dopey: I think Team Aguri have secured the Driver's Championship by 1 point. 💡

Also if you have pens off the fastest lap will still be recorded during the race even if that lap had pens. I remember racing in Monza with pens off and the fastest lap of the race ended up being something like 50 seconds :lol: although that time won't be recorded in the actual rankings.

Heh, sorry about that :scared:

I thought it was you that had mentioned the penalties are the only thing stopping the fastest lap being skewed. Well, I suppose its up to everyone to decide how important they feel fastest laps are or penalties.
If its becoming a headache to race, fishfash, you should stop racing, this is for fun after all and as soon as it stops being fun or starts getting in the way of real life, you should stop.
I hope you don't leave before we finish this, but if its becoming a hassle turning up for the races then its probably for the best.

Personally, Im not bothered whether penalties are on or off, Id personally prefer them on, but if everyone hates them that much I will happily turn them off.

Hey Guys,

img00525hi1.jpg

img00526yy6.jpg

Looking at that it shows 2nd 3rd and 4th in qualy finished in the exact reverse in the race, but with only 2 seconds between us. As for the penalties I dont think anyone here really has the attitude that would make them cheat.

Whenever I get together with a few friends and we want to have a laugh we race with pens off. Just to see how many corners we can cut and how much grass we can take and squeeze through little gaps :lol: It normally ends up in a destruction derby type game as we try and take each other out on purpose :lol:

Anyway's, if you guys want to race with pens off then no probs with me and you will enjoy it as there will be no frustrations. I guess you guys will all be very close to each other to the finish line 👍 It's just not my cup of tea to race with pens off, I just can't take it seriously :yuck:

Cya.

Back