GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Finished - Season over)

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 634 comments
I thought it was you that had mentioned the penalties are the only thing stopping the fastest lap being skewed.

The time will be recorded in the race only, not sure about qualy though. But the time will never register under the offical online rankings. :)

You guys carry on and race without me don't worry about me, I will sit out the last 4 races :)

EDIT:- Oops sorry double posted.

Last edited:
Well, today we race without penalties and (sadly) without fishfash. Chances are ripe for a new race winner and fastest lap winner. Many more points are up for grabs and to add icing on the cake, its going to be a wet Monza track. I know I'm going to push hard as ever to get my best finish so far and I expect to once again have a great battle on my hands. 👍

Theres still a chance for Jordan to nab the teams championship by the end and GT4 Genius has the chance to at least make the drivers championship an extremely close finish!

Last edited:
Wet racing is annoying against the computer, but I would imagine it being absolutely brilliant against human opponents.

Its crazy. We did Monaco in heavy wet conditions and its just insane, first corner is completely random and overtaking is already pretty bad at Monaco, but when its wet it almost forces people to do some really wild overtakes.

Sepang and Silverstone were alright in the wet though, it managed to catch several people out on the medium/high speed corners, especially Maggotts and Stowe at Silverstone.
Monza is a little bit easier I think and won't catch as many people I dont think, as there are no really troublesome corners I can think of. It will still make braking difficult because of the spray, and I reckon maybe a few people will misjduge the first corner/chicane.

Looking forward to this tonight, maybe be a chance to win! :sly:

But just a word of warning, because penalties are going to be off, those who cheat deliberately in any way will be severely dealt with. I believe exclusion from the competition completely would be very likely. You have been warned.

Looking forward to this tonight, maybe be a chance to win! :sly:

But just a word of warning, because penalties are going to be off, those who cheat deliberately in any way will be severely dealt with. I believe exclusion from the competition completely would be very likely. You have been warned.

Yes, definitely. Any odd laptimes will place you under great suspicion. I'll be setting the AI to medium to stop them completely owning us in laptimes.

Edit: Might be a danger of me missing 22:00, but I should be ok to host still, if a few minutes late.

Last edited:
Yes, definitely. Any odd laptimes will place you under great suspicion. I'll be setting the AI to medium to stop them completely owning us in laptimes.

Edit: Might be a danger of me missing 22:00, but I should be ok to host still, if a few minutes late.

Which level were they on in that practice race we had. I think we should have them on easy so as they definitely dont get in the way or set too fast of a lap time.

Which level were they on in that practice race we had. I think we should have them on easy so as they definitely dont get in the way or set too fast of a lap time.

They were on hard there, they set qualifying laps of 1'22, which I think is physically impossible for us to beat.
Ill set them on easy if needs be then.

Edit: Gah, damn the news at ten! Steadily looking I might be later...sorry everyone.
Edit 2: Ok, should be hosting in 5 minutes max.

Last edited:
sorry guys , but ive been waiting for 30 mins in the lobby.
It is now 23.20 here and i must go to work at 6.00

So it is a bit to late now for me to race

Good night

sorry guys , but ive been waiting for 30 mins in the lobby.
It is now 23.20 here and i must go to work at 6.00

So it is a bit to late now for me to race

Good night

Sorry I couldnt get there in time!!!! :guilty:
I can't accurate say when I can host the race, as I do not solely control the TV in this house, so when someone decides they want to watch something, I cannot force them off it. It doesn't happen often, but I'm actually better hosting the race at later times, but unfortunately many of you can't make it any later....so i am stuck really.

Edit: Finally! I can host now! Is anyone still around?? :guilty:

Last edited:
Whats wrong? I have to get up early too but i wanna race:D. too bad u have to go Chris. Hope to race u next time:tup:

Sorry I couldnt get there in time!!!! :guilty:
I can't accurate say when I can host the race, as I do not solely control the TV in this house, so when someone decides they want to watch something, I cannot force them off it. It doesn't happen often, but I'm actually better hosting the race at later times, but unfortunately many of you can't make it any later....so i am stuck really.

Edit: Finally! I can host now! Is anyone still around?? :guilty:

Yep! Looking forward to it. I think Appie is still around too, not sure about Crooky. Jordans first one-two :dopey:.

My fastest was a 1.26.7, I seen Appie got a 1.25.5 but he owned up to making a mistake and cutting a corner on that lap. So I think I got fastest, hopefully! Good clean race for me, no problems other then hitting a wall whilst warming my tires for a blast at Appie's unreal time on the final lap.

:( That was a really depressing race for me. First corner I spun GT4 Genius, so I waited and couldnt really see where he'd gone, so i had stopped for about 5 seconds and he already gone! So from then on I was a few seconds behind then I completely screwed up and spun and that was my race over. 17 laps of me playing follow the leader from then on. I couldnt catch anyone and couldnt put in a fast time...
Not happy with that race at all, a very hollow 3rd place. I would have been happy coming 10th if it meant I had battled someone, but that race was just :(:(:(

Anyway, the results:

Pole Position: N/A (we skipped qualifying because we started so late)
Fastest Lap: GT4 Genius? (unknown because Appie put in an "illegal" lap)

1. GT4 Genius/Jordan 11pts(?)
2. Appie17/Jordan 8pts
3. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 6pts

1. Jordan 19pts
2. Jaguar 6pts
3. Aguri 0pts
4. Lotus 0pts
5. Williams 0pts

I am strongly considering re-trying that race, because the lack of penalties didn't help with lap times, it was held a bit late so we didnt have a fair qualifying and barely anyone turned up partly because it was late (though no blame on Chris for that).
I'm not sure if the lack of penalties really improved anything, to be honest, the issue seems to be badly placed ones on certain tracks, which Monza does not have any.

Anyway, on we go, I hope the last 3 races aren't as bad as that one was and if anyone also thinks we should re-do this race, then I will certainly oblige, its a shame for such a great track to have such a bad race but maybe its just me being grumpy about being so slow :(
(oh, and yes, I used a lot sad smilies....)

Last edited:
Updated the tables, Jordan is looking more and more likely to take the championship, being only 21 points behind.
Jaguar pass Lotus again but only by 1 point, and Appie further consolidates his 5th place with his first 2nd place!
GT4 Genius also breaks the 100 point barrier, though is still a ways off from Gyles69, if he scored maximum points for these last 3 races, he'll have finished only 3 points behind!

I think my fastest lap was a 1.26.714 in Monza. Looking forward to China, hoping for another 1-2 then Jordan will only be 2 points from Aguri. :sly:

Also, anyone want to make the final race a bonus points one. 💡 So as I could still have a remote stab at the championship! No. Didnt think so. :guilty:

I think my fastest lap was a 1.26.714 in Monza. Looking forward to China, hoping for another 1-2 then Jordan will only be 2 points from Aguri. :sly:

Also, anyone want to make the final race a bonus points one. 💡 So as I could still have a remote stab at the championship! No. Didnt think so. :guilty:

Wouldnt be fair to change the points system now, otherwise I would have to alter the results for all the races for it to be fair to everyone.

Well, what to say? Well, for me, it wasn't that great a race, managed to qualify ahead of gt4 genius and keep ahead of him for several laps while attacking Appie. But about lap 3 or 4 I spun at turn 1 (don't know how I managed it..) and then I was once again playing follow the leader, so I just focused on getting my lap times down (I actually managed a 1'35, yay!). I hadn't raced this track much before, so I didn't expect to do well anyway.
The highlight of this race was the domination by Appie....amazing stuff, I don't think I saw him do much wrong at all, no spins or anything at least. Fastest lap, pole position and won the race. All I can say is wow, and well done! Congragulations on your first win!

Pole Position: Appie17
Fastest Lap: Appie17

1. Appie17/Jordan 11pts
2. GT4 Genius/Jordan 8pts
3. GTP_Ardius/Jaguar 6pts

1. Jordan 19pts
2. Jaguar 6pts
3. Aguri 0pts
4. Lotus 0pts
5. Williams 0pts

Last edited:
I didnt really have any qualifying. I was talking to someone during the whole thing. Then at the start I thought I'd be conservative and not try something that I usually would, so I sat behind you Ardius until you flew off at the first corner. Then Appie, WOW, I stayed with you for the first 15 laps, had a pass on the back straight but didnt want to take each other out so I let you take the inside line back, then after the next stop I started to fall back. Missed a few apexes and just did a few laps only 2 or 3 in the mid 35s and dropped way back. Then got my times down to an average of mid 34s and started to get slightly closer to Appie, very slowly. Then the race was over I was only 2.5 seconds behind. Great flawless race Appie. Go Jordan!! :dopey:

Yeah, just updated the tables and Jordan basically only have to turn up to one more race to win the championship.
Finally Jaguar is close to breaking 100points, thought it would never happen. :)

Thnx Genius and Ardius, really appreciate it. i consider Shanghai as one of my fav tracks and i always do good there. I was really motivated to break the fastest lap of GT4. we even went in on the same lap at the exact speed and same line:lol:. I only had this brilliant race because GT4 kept giving me pressure and i knew if i wold make one slip, i would lose the race. Concetration is key in this game, as i was talking to someone who came into my room, i was all over the place and couldnt concetrate. But overall of my best races so far. Thnx again fellas:tup:

*picks up his trophy*

Well, 2 races left and it can go anywhere. For the record, i want to stay at Jordan for next season. Ist hat possible?

Back