Garage Showdowns! Join Discussion to Make Future Events Better!

Thanks Dragonistic for your brilliant efforts with this tune. You didn't complain and showed up for every race. You are truly a premium member of these boards and a gentlemen racer. Cheers mate! :cheers:

I'll be at the NTSC event tonight to cover the bases and make things official. :)

Last edited:
I really think you went out to strong on this one Holden. We got storys to tell aswell but I just dont see the point of it. I now there is a lot of drivers who can support me in the fact that Stealthwinnr is a verry clean rider. He was actually in front of you when things happend in that last race. Im sorry to see how you behave man. I will not take part in your events again.:grumpy:

Then you better get your facts straight "bud". I was on the outside of the corner, and we have long since agree'd it was a lag incident. I can get many drivers to back me up as clean as well. Now you want to explain what the hell your problem is?

As far as i am concerned Stealthwinner came 2nd place fair and square..there was nothing malichisous about his driving.. Any contact there may have been was due to lag issues and nothing else.. like i said before.There was lots of room between the two boys involved..And yes Stealthwinner was in front..by half a cars lenght.

As far as i am concerned Stealthwinner came 2nd place fair and square..there was nothing malichisous about his driving.. Any contact there may have been was due to lag issues and nothing else.. like i said before.There was lots of room between the two boys involved..And yes Stealthwinner was in front..by half a cars lenght.

We both acknowledged there was contact, and you've acknowledged it was due to lag as we were both in each other's blind spots. So what the hell is Marchbrown's problem? Perhaps he cares more about winning then he lets on and wanted to be in the finals. By his own mistake he didn't race despite my saying to do so. Don't take it out on me.

Thanks Dragonistic for your brilliant efforts with this tune. You didn't complain and showed up for every race. You are truly a premium member of these boards and a gentlemen racer. Cheers mate! :cheers:

I'll be at the NTSC event tonight to cover the bases and make things official. :)

Thank you, i learnt after my first showdown where all my efforts were foiled by the NTSC offering after I put in a stella performance almost on my own due to connection issues with my teammates, that this event shouldn't be about the winning. Ok, this time things went well for me, but I enjoyed the racing most of all, not the outcome. And also thank you for providing a great set up.

Well for me Dragonistic was the fastest man i have seen in this car...:crazy:fast

Again thank you, but I believe what gave me an edge was my race craft as well as brute speed. There are alot of fast cars and drivers here (probably some who can lap faster alone), so the key to winning became how fast you could rise to the front of the pack before you could take any advantage.

Hey, when did I actually become a Premium member!

No, Raven gave me it as a token :) 👍 Major thumbs up to you Raven, now I'm really really pleased I decided to enter in the end, i was so late entering i was never added to the list in the OP :lol:

No, Raven gave me it as a token :) 👍 Major thumbs up to you Raven, now I'm really really pleased I decided to enter in the end, i was so late entering i was never added to the list in the OP :lol:

To the victor go the spoils.👍

Last edited:
To the victor go the spoils.👍

Don't let the negative nature of some of the recent posts or revised title of this thread diminish the sense of accomplishment and fair play you deserve. This tuning garage faced the same challenges as everyone else and will participate in this competition to it's ultimate conclusion. No matter the result.

Why doesn't everyone just come out and say it?

Go away nd 4 holden spd

Showdown 4 Official Results

The Lion's Den---------\_________
Thunder & Lightning----/"""""""""""""|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Division 1 Winner-------------\________Digital Racecraft Tuning
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~888 Tuning-------------------/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Digital Racecraft------------/
Dutch Customs(58pts)-------------\______|
Digital Racecraft Tuning(62pts)-----/

I am not sure of exact points and due to the strange nature of some of the races (eg. No one showing up for 888 in Finals Race 4), I am not sure I could work them out if I wanted to without bending the rules to make what would "seem" right. Anyway, congratulations to Digital Racecraft Tuning, your first Showdown and you win you cheeky bugger.;)

Why doesn't everyone just come out and say it?

Why would I go and say something I don't agree with?

I don't know what happened, but the agreement was made it was a lag issue, it should've been left at that. For this reason, I believe personally that Marchbrowns comments were uncalled for. This event wouldn't be the same without a bit of drama and spice, thats why this is the only event I find myself having a mini party everytime I've crossed the line first.

Zabeu once said to me in a message something which I believe is very true, after we had an incident which ended up on us agreeing to disagree, no actual conclusion was made. 'I realise that a fierce will like yours is probably a virtue in racing but it leads to nasty problems like these' (Zabeu in a PSN message). It's very true and I believe half the reason I ever do well is because of my force of will, to never give up or back down.

I think that is ultimately the issue here, it was obviously a close race and the pressure was on, particularly in the TLD camp as they needed a perfect result. These things happen, regardless of who's fault it is or why it did, especially when the racing is so on the limit.

Anyway, congratulations to Digital Racecraft Tuning, your first Showdown and you win you cheeky bugger.;)

I can haz cheezburger?

Showdown 4 Official Results

The Lion's Den---------\_________
Thunder & Lightning----/"""""""""""""|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Division 1 Winner-------------\________Digital Racecraft Tuning
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~888 Tuning-------------------/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Digital Racecraft------------/
Dutch Customs(58pts)-------------\______|
Digital Racecraft Tuning(62pts)-----/

I am not sure of exact points and due to the strange nature of some of the races (eg. No one showing up for 888 in Finals Race 4), I am not sure I could work them out if I wanted to without bending the rules to make what would "seem" right. Anyway, congratulations to Digital Racecraft Tuning, your first Showdown and you win you cheeky bugger.;)

Thank you. And thank you for seeing this competition through. 👍

By my calculations 888 is ten points behind at this point. There are 16 points left on the table if Vaxen decides to show up and win them all. If I do not show up, 888 will win by 6 points. So, I will race the NTSC events at the proper time to make this competition official.

My reckoning is:

Race 1
DRT - 7
888 - 3

R2
DRT - 4
888 - 3

R3
DRT - 4
888 - 3

R4
DRT - 4
888 - 0

PAL Totals:
DRT - 19
888 - 9

Just to be official.

I can haz cheezburger?

Yes, you can haz cheezburger, grab some fryz while youz at it.:)

Thank you. And thank you for seeing this competition through. 👍

By my calculations 888 is ten points behind at this point. There are 16 points left on the table if Vaxen decides to show up and win them all. If I do not show up, 888 will win by 6 points. So, I will race the NTSC events at the proper time to make this competition official.

That'd be great, it was a worry that this event would never happen, I'm glad it did. I proved to myself now that if the track and car is right I can run with and beat the pros.:D
I'd like to thank all who participated, without drivers events don't happen, plain and simple.👍 Big thanks to theewar and Apollo87 for racing for The Lion's Den if I may say so.👍:cheers:

Edit: I might also say if I may that I sent an apology for jumping the gun to stealthwinner shortly after theewar confirmed it was lag.

Last edited:
Congrats to DRT, knew with the Dragon behind the wheel you was guaranteed a PAL victory, and if any thing went wrong with Dragonistic being punted, knew Ravenmaven would take the win instead, both excellent drivers in this car on that track...well done guys

As I noted before, i won't be able to make the NTSC race today. Since I'm currently 888's only driver, this means either someone else will need to step up to take my place, or 888 will concede the race.

As I noted before, i won't be able to make the NTSC race today. Since I'm currently 888's only driver, this means either someone else will need to step up to take my place, or 888 will concede the race.

I'm taking his place. 👍

What is the purpose of the NTSC RACE? They have said, that DRT has won the showdown. Is there still going to be a race, or not?

Wayne was in race 1, but unfortunately pulled over mid way (not sure what position he was in or why he stopped) but yes, it is now 2 vs Timp :lol:

Apologies to all of you guy's, really sorry, but I wasn't normally supposed to be here home this week end (lot's of work all week & weekend too) but finally was there this morning...

Forgot about the event... and met Tim 30 min before the start and tried to tune a car for doing at least 1 or 2 races as I had to leave home before the end of showdown for coaching My sons's Basketball team for Region championship qualifiers finals... I made an attempt on 1st lap but my car was really uncontrolable and was hitting all the walls around... :nervous:

You know it's not the way i normally act when I normally race but just had my brain elsewhere... We finally qualified for the basketball championship.. and I missed the races:tup:

Just all accept my sincere apologies for not being fully able to participate. :sly:

What is the purpose of the NTSC RACE? They have said, that DRT has won the showdown. Is there still going to be a race, or not?

Yes. Though it is only a formality. If Hammy shows up and I don't, 888 wins by 6 points. Come out and race anyway. It's rough and ready at NTSC lol.

Last edited:
I failed..hard...Penalty, then a S2K sent me to a private meeting with the guard rail.

Congrats RavenMaven! :cheers:

Congrats to DRT, knew with the Dragon behind the wheel you was guaranteed a PAL victory, and if any thing went wrong with Dragonistic being punted, knew Ravenmaven would take the win instead, both excellent drivers in this car on that track...well done guys

Thanks guy's. I hope both of you can participate more in the next challenge.👍

Apologies to all of you guy's, really sorry, but I wasn't normally supposed to be here home this week end (lot's of work all week & weekend too) but finally was there this morning...

Forgot about the event... and met Tim 30 min before the start and tried to tune a car for doing at least 1 or 2 races as I had to leave home before the end of showdown for coaching My sons's Basketball team for Region championship qualifiers finals... I made an attempt on 1st lap but my car was really uncontrolable and was hitting all the walls around... :nervous:

You know it's not the way i normally act when I normally race but just had my brain elsewhere... We finally qualified for the basketball championship.. and I missed the races:tup:

Just all accept my sincere apologies for not being fully able to participate. :sly:

Hope to see you on the track again soon Wayne.

NTSC Final Results

Race 1

1-GTP_Ravenmaven/Digital Racecraft
2-GTP_Flash/Thunder & Lightning

Race 2

1-GTP_Ravenmaven/Digital Racecraft
2-GTP_Flash/Thunder & Lightning

Race 3

1-GTP_Flash/Thunder & Lightning
2-GTP_Ravenmaven/Digital Racecraft
3-GTP_LHamilton/888

Race 4